1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The AKB48 Thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jun 16, 2007.

1. M4YUYU

M4YUYU Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    Twitter:
    tomutomutomuuuu
    It might have not been a direct message but the effect was profound and Oshima K members did not take it well, no matter what the video was originally intended for. I was so upset reading all the reactions from the members following it that I had to take a break from the fandom for a couple of months and this is before they released the clip of Tomu having to go backstage (she apologized in G+ for leaving during encore the next day, I think).

I really enjoyed following that team and I still think the way they did that shuffle announcement was uncalled for. That meaning of that VTR could have been inferred in few different ways and the K members took it negatively. Oshima K members do still express their fondness of that team and get together once in a while, even until Mocchi's graduation. For some members like Tomu and Hirari, that team was their first team and it really helped them grow.

2. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Was the VTR shown in the video the full version? I didnt see any "what to do with team k" words?
    is there anyway i can see full VTR?

@Chuu I'm not sure what you meant but Arashi concert dvd and blu-ray are one of the best seller, if not the best seller in Japan right now lol. Just see the oricon number for their concert dvd. They are always topping music dvds and blu rays with all their concert dvd http://aramajapan.com/news/music/oricon-reveals-full-sales-rankings-for-2014/14740/. And their total sales number exceed akb despite having much fewer releases, less edition per singles and few concerts.

And no you should never treat Japanese tabloid with "a grain of salt", because especially with Shukan Bunshun, they usually have high precision and accuracy rate. You can google how accurate their article is. They even some sort of helping to reveal famous musician who use ghosts and fake her deaf (?). Lots of other things. Even my favorite actress divorce rumour was really spot on

Thx

Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
  3. iSid

iSid Kenkyuusei

4. Chuu

Chuu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    ^ so in English?

Yes, I don't know how Arashi is slaying in Japan, I am such a bad fan, I should burn my Arashi DVDs now :rofl:
    where did you get that I don't know about their sales

5. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    ^ I posted about that Belgian article last Friday in the Europe board where I gave a overview of it

http://www.stage48.net/forum/index.php?threads/s48-fans-in-europe.2666/page-11#post-1076348

I have access to many international newspapers at work so I was able to paste the whole text into a spoiler. Although I can speak French very well I don't have time to translate the article. However if anyone here can do that or even run the text through Google Translate please feel free to do that!

6. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

That's great! Good promotion is always welcome...although I'm not sure he will be successful in bringing them to Europe (and I'm quite sure the European Comission won't care at all about the matter)

7. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    That article has been translated already.;) Credit to @DeJure.

8. Selinie

Selinie Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    xujiaqi
    Can someone list the songs that are dedicated to members, such as Sayanee for Yamamoto Sayaka and Ue Kara Mariko for Shinoda Mariko?

9. Samara Morgane

Samara Morgane Member

Oshimen:
    umemotoizumi
    There's a song called Sayanee?

10. Selinie

Selinie Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    xujiaqi
    I just found that out too.
    It's in Bokura no Eureka.

11. Samara Morgane

Samara Morgane Member

Oshimen:
    umemotoizumi
    I only found this for sayanee!For other songs,I can't help you!I don't know that many to be honest!

if the video does not show watch the video here

12. chiuchimu

chiuchimu Member Stage48 Donor

Here is some AKB news I found:

AKB48 not just popular in Japan – Belgian politician lobbying for first European concert
    The most famous idol group in Japan, AKB48, has a lot of fans all over the world. Not only do they perform to sold-out venues within Japan, but they have also held packed concerts in the US and other parts of Asia.

The group of singing female pop stars hasn’t made it to Europe yet, but one mega-fan might be influential enough to convince the AKB48 brass to take their tour bus to Belgium.

Jean-Francois Istasse is a French-speaking Belgian politician and an honorary senator who has also done a lot of work in the European Union. In 2012, he was hospitalized due to illness, but his recovery was apparently helped along thanks to Japan’s number-one idol group: AKB48. Istasse found their music to be reminiscent of French pop music from the ’60s and ’70s and, while the melodies are upbeat and carefree, the songs’ themes are often much deeper than their music might lead us to believe.

The Belgian politician found optimism in their lyrics and really connected with the idea that there is always a way that things can get better, even when approaching such delicate subjects such as homosexuality, unemployment and even suicide. That optimistic outlook is what Jean-Francois hopes to bring to Belgium – something he feels his country is currently lacking.
    http://en.rocketnews24.com/2015/08/...litician-lobbying-for-first-european-concert/

13. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Are you looking for only songs with a members name in it? Because that is going to be a REALLY short list.

Kazanbai does not have her name in it. But it IS Yukirin's story, crafted into a wonderfully moving song by Aki-P and Kawaura Masahiro.

14. edwn

edwn Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuisakiko
    Haste to Waste is pretty much Kawaei's song.

15. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    If I remember correctly there was a thread dedicated for discussing about songs and its story or to whom its a tribute to, I just don't remember where it is. But, the classic story of the song 'Rider' is one of my favorite.

16. sorasan

sorasan Future Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Yea man. There are a few songs which are nice to hear but as the song is more like attached to the member, it's kinda hard for others to " use " it.

Then there are songs where a particular member singing it really gives the song life.
    ( Hmmm no offense to some people out here , just my view on 虫のバラード )
    So far, this is one of those pieces that I find other members hard to compare when singing it. They just don't give me that vibe ...that moe feeling when they are singing it compared to when Sayaka is singing it. Although she mentioned it's not "her" song but still ....

If I remember, even that strict music teacher ( often seen in Draft's training ) mentioned it's not an easy song to sing.

秋元才加 - 虫のバラード HD

if the video does not show watch the video here

17. karles48

I'm afraid that's little more than an entry posted by a very optimistic fan... Someone reading that might believe AKB is extremely successful in the US (and that's false) or that Aki-P is still planning to conquer Europe (and we know the truth is that he tried, but the outcome wasn't good enough, so he gave up...)

18. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    On the subject of AKB48 concerts in Europe, some time ago I found this article about them being scheduled to support the J-rock band L’Arc-en-Ciel in London in April 2012, but it's the only reference I can find anywhere on the web to this event. Does anyone know if it ever happened?

http://www.jpopgo.co.uk/larc-en-ciel-and-akb48-live-in-london/

Famed J-Rock outfit L’Arc-en-Ciel are set for their UK debut on the 11th April in London. The long-anticipated performance has got the UK fanbase excited to finally see their favourite band playing live for the first time in London.

But to add to the good news. the band have also announced that the support for the UK concert will be the multi-talented idol group AKB48.

The concert, which takes place at the O2 Indigo2 venue, follows on from L’Arc-en-Ciel’s 20th Anniversary which they celebrated last year and which also saw the band perform at the prestigious Madison Square Gardens in New York. L’Arc-en-Ciel have also just released their twelfth studio album Butterfly.

[​IMG]
    Frontman hyde has frequently said that he’s always been a fan of AKB48 and that they represent “Japanese pop at its finest”. Both acts are also going to perform together on stage during the concert for at least one song. This special team-up is an exclusive for London only and is also being seen as testing the UK market for other possible combination performances in the future.

L’Arc-en-Ciel and AKB48 will be playing at the O2 Indigo2 on 11th April.

19. karles48

^Well, afaik AKB has never performed in London, so I guess it was only a rumour... Besides, I can't see AKB performing as a supporting artist in the concert of another group...

20. Galaxy Red

Galaxy Red Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    @David61 sorry to say, there was no such thing. even from the beginning, L'Arc was scheduled to perform by themselves, without any opening act. because that was their world tour live, not just ordinary live. that is applied for any other country they visit. even the madison square garden in NY. and they never use any opening act before. so I must say that the news is completely wrong from the start

as L'Arc die hard fan, I probably will get really mad if they get any opening act, especially from AKB. I don't mind if they just perform in same stage because they're a guest of some particular event (olympic 2020?), but AKB as opening act for live concert of L'Arc is a BIG NO for me

• Like Like x 1