Single NMB48 13th [Must Be Now] 15/10/07

Discussion in 'NMB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Aug 15, 2015.

1. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    Whether they perform team songs at the end or not is kind of irrelevant. The majority of the stages are something we've all seen before at least twice. What we're saying is, How hard could it be to make a set list with the team songs that they already have, add in some units that we've already seen, and maybe a solo? Of course, there are probably a lot of things to consider so I shouldn't say its not hard, but I think it would be a lot easier than making completely new stages, and it could satisfy fans for at least a year or two. I too, only watch stages when I'm bothered or if their is a special birthday event or graduation, or if a member is making her debut to a new team. If i wasn't for that I wouldn't bother watching them anymore lol.

Just thought it would be a good idea.

2. Snowman81

Snowman81 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    xSnowman81
    I don't think that you can just throw a bunch of songs together and call it a stage. One of the reasons I loved N3 from the start was that the songs seemed to flow together nicely. If they just took all the team songs and made a stage out of them, we would just have Waiting Stage 2.0.

3. Timmeon

Timmeon Kenkyuusei

Yeah, all the Team songs together would make for a shitty stage because most of the Team songs are shit.

4. satchan

satchan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kadowakikanako
    Twitter:
    tsurisaturday
    About half the stages NMB have performed are lame anyway, so it'd be par for the course. :p

5. Timmeon

Timmeon Kenkyuusei

Most 48G songs are bad. Criticism over the quality is like beating a dead horse to a pulp. That doesn't stop me from doing it, though...:fear:

6. Gingerninja

Gingerninja Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kondorina
    As they combined release about 100 songs a year or more, they don't all have to be winners.
    A thousand monkeys at a thousand typewriters and all of that

7. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

I agree that 48G songs are crappy in a majority of cases. What I like about stage setlists is that they mesh together. N3 is much better than KII3 when it comes to the "newest" stages lol but imo, they're both meh compared to something like Team Surprise.

Honestly, I've given up hope about stages already. There are really LAME stage songs (especially uninspired ballads like Boku no sakura or ano koro no sneakers or inochi no imi) but at least every team used to get something original and all the members could shine with their own skills on stage in the units. I miss that a lot in the new 48G scheme, but on the other hand I guess we have more PVs and singles in general now which is better for some people I don't know. Stages aren't as profitable as singles, so that's why we probably won't see a new one ever again.

Edited because I can't english tonight for some reason

8. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    That's true though~~ what does the theater hold? 200 people? Even though it's daily, it's still nothing compared to what they can sell in one single I assume. The stages are like extra now~ if u don't want to watch them u aren't really missing much unless u are a new fan, really~ Let's hope this single will be really good. I tend to really like the later releases in the 48G's (like "Rashikunai", "12gatsu no Kangaroo", etc...)~~ But I actually like "Durian Shounen", so who knows lol.

9. moonlit

moonlit Member

^well I think the average capacity is around 250 people, I think NMB and HKT theaters can house slightly more.
    Also, there are days when there are 2 performances a day.
    The problem with a lack of new stages is that despite not being the main income for the 48G anymore, the theater still stands at the core and is what makes the group different from other groups.
    In other words neglecting it is neglecting the core of what 48G is. Aki-P, get your sh** together!

10. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

I agree moonlit, completely. I hope we can get new stages at those point, even if it means having different lyricists or whatever.

11. flutterbyu

flutterbyu Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    I think the main song with lack of new stages is the lack of new units. As it is, only the most popular members get unit songs, and those are only on the album. There needs to be a chance for the less popular members to have a song to call their own that they can actually be featured in, instead of being one of 16-20something members in a team song or a huge B-side.

Plus they usually perform units at concerts, and since there are never any new ones the ones we have are getting really old. How many renditions of Heart Gata Virus or Glass no I Love you do we really need?

12. Smilodon

Smilodon Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka
    The new units thing is somewhat offset by the Teppoutai and more recently, Blueberry Pie, Dreaming girls (and I guess team songs with less popular members as centers) etc. Those little things are good to give girls something to call their own I think. But yeah, none can really compensate for what a new stage brings.

13. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

Well, this sentence really should have started with an "I think" lol

there's lots of us who like the music of 48g more than anything else they bring to the table

For me the best part is the music, then the tv shows, then the members. I truly think 48g songs are better than any other artist, both inside and outside of Japan. On the other hand, I really don't care about the dancing/pv's/stages (well, maybe if they had new songs I'd care about them)/who is center or in senbatsu (it's interesting to see who gets it, but if the song is good I don't really care about it)/...

14. flutterbyu

flutterbyu Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    But real units are meant to be 2-4 girls usually. So the individual girls in the unit can really shine and not get lost in the group. Often they'd each get at least one solo line. I think we need new units that are like that. If your "unit" has more than maybe 5 people in it it loses the unit concept

15. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    That actually reminds me when N3 was created, they gave Lemon-sama her first solo-center (anything) then like what? 3 or so months passed and she gets a full transfer to team BII. I was like, "Ok?". It was nice while it lasted lol. Same for Milky and "Zipper" I suppose, right? I like shuffles, but they happen like every year now lol~

16. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Same, I wouldn't really follow the group if I didn't like their songs.

Case in point is my H!P passion: the music comes before anything else. If the music goes, I go too. That being said, I think they're much better than most other idol/pop groups, but I wouldn't know about saying all of Japan (in terms of artists).

17. satchan

satchan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kadowakikanako
    Twitter:
    tsurisaturday
    Heh, I'd have dropped NMB by now if I only cared about the music. I already quit caring about the other 48 groups all together because of what I feel has been a sharp downturn in the quality of music (or in HKT's case, quality that was never there). But the personalities of NMB have proven more valuable to me in retaining my interest in them.

I'd quit listening to NMB's music and still follow the girls, but that'd make watching concerts a lot less fun not knowing the songs, as bad as they might be. I'll just keep blindly hoping for a renaissance to when NMB were getting exciting and ambitious (for 48G) songs. :whistle:

As for actual single news, Aki-P is saying there will be an Orera song on the new single, which is a unit comprised of Yamamoto Sayaka, Kishino Rika, Kotani Riho, Yamaguchi Yuuki, and Ogasawara Mayu.

Will be interesting if Maachun is involved, but even him saying it will be on the single, I trust Aki-P as far as I can throw a bus, which isn't nearly as far as you might think, so I won't really care about it until I see it actually exists. :lol:

18. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    RIP Ripopo's tiger cub thing.

19. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Member

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
    Maachun in Orera unit :blink: So that means the single is Maachun's first appearance in an NMB single after being transferred?

20. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    ^A this point they might as well bring her back to NMB. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough, but I see her in more NMB things than AKB now days