Single NMB48 13th [Must Be Now] 15/10/07

Discussion in 'NMB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Aug 15, 2015.

1. MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    Ehh??...!!!?? That's my reaction.

Some very odd choices for senbatsu... some wrong moves, in my opinion. Especially not including ANY Team M members.

But a RIGHT move was including Umeda. It'd be criminal to ignore her talents and not make use of them in the short time she'll still be around. Props to NMB management for letting her shine, now that Diva is done.

The song has potential...but the editing makes it so murky and messy sounding. It sounds like a Tomochin b-side.. I can't think of which one, but it's not a good thing.

BUT: Milky looked amazing in the PV <3

2. Discothèque

Discothèque Member

Oshimen:
    anaichihiro
    Twitter:
    _ohmyArin
    I thought SKE and NMB had an equally ridiculous amount of events for each of their single releases?

3. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    I'm not talking about single events, but rather other events like concerts, lives, etc. In terms of that, NMB is much higher.

Also, NMB singles generally include shamekai (though not guaranteed members but teams).

4. Discothèque

Discothèque Member

Oshimen:
    anaichihiro
    Twitter:
    _ohmyArin
    Could you back that up with actual numbers? Because at first glance, it looks like SKE would probably have sold more concert tickets this year than NMB and HKT has practically been touring from January 2014 until late June this year.

5. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    NMB had 6 arena concerts during the arena tour and 4 arena concerts during Request Hour.

That's 10 arena-class concerts not even counting the 3 arena concerts they will have for the 5th anniversary.

They also had Nana's 24 hour event in MNP Hall as well as the DLB first day event in Osaka Jo Hall. They will also have the sports meet in Kobe, a stadium-class event.

NMB is also touring music festivals in Tokyo, Osaka, Shiga (Inazuma Rock Fest is the biggest in Japan IIRC) and Okayama as well as mini-events in malls and such.

I'm sure the other groups have these events as well but NMB has quite a number of them so there's no point in being defensive about your favourite group not being praised in an NMB thread on the NMB forum.

• Like Like x 1
  6. joooooooooe

joooooooooe Member Retired Staff

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    Outside of the dirtiest of wota I've never heard a Japanese NMB fan complain about screen time barring events like M-Ste Cameragate. In the meantime I've heard people complain about screen time here for team PVs.

To top it all off, I don't get people trying to defend Milky and blaming management for shafting her. Milky has made multiple comments stating that this is by far her (and Konomin's) favorite song as of yet and it's something that she's always wanted to do.

I can see so many other places to leverage legitimate complaints. For example, with this single they're introducing a new slot that's only 40 minutes, and some members like Nakano Reina are getting that slot in lieu of a normal slot which really hurts them. That's a pretty big deal, IMO. That is the idols actually getting decreased face to face time with their fans which is a much bigger deal than screentime for a PV that only idol fans watch, lol.

Anyway, enough complaining, I still find lots of reasons to love this single.

-I like that Sayaka's return to center is marked with a difficult and challenging song for her and everyone. It's a great way to transition back to her after playing around with the center for the last two singles. If they made her center and then returned to some generic idol song it would be pretty meh.
    -I like that they're challenging themselves with a difficult dance and that they're all capable. I liked GM5 because AKB learned instruments, but then I got mad because they stopped caring about them. Dance is something that the senbatsu in this single have pride in doing and so they care about it and still would keep doing it afterwards, unlike GM5 where they just do some weak crappy dance version now.
    -I like how the senbatsu was chosen because they are the only ones who can do it (barring Aapon who may have had unfortunate circumstances). They're certainly not doing it to impress anyone and that was made really clear by the inclusion of Ishida Yuumi, who is not anywhere close to popular. On top of that, the senbatsu has a very clear theme to it, which also sends a message to everyone else in that you need to keep your skills sharp, as you never know when you'll be needed.
    -I still really like Yuumin's inclusion. Of course there are other 2nd gens that haven't made a single, and Yuumin's inclusion marks the longest since a member has entered a group and then been included on an A-side. But she has a nice story and it's nice that they're being rewarded for being good at performing instead of just being popular.
    -Uuka slays. And she's standing next to Milky, what an honor.

I think the verses get a little monotonous though. And everyone says "K-Pop, K-Pop" but I think it sounds more like an Itano Tomomi single lol.
    The real question is, will they perform it live with live voices as well? We'll find out...

7. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    I think people complaining about the senbatsu are missing the forest for the trees. I applaud management wanting to try new things but at the end of the day, they are an idol group and not some dance performance troupe. There is no way the top members will be actually dropped in favour of someone like Yuumin in the future so its better to just take this single for what it is, which is an experiment.

There is also a secondary song that has an MV on its own which I am pretty sure was participated in by everyone else in Durian but not in this senbatsu (plus Kokochan and Azusa minus Jo).

8. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Member

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
    - 9 member senbatsu: Trying what SKE did 5 years ago with 7 member senbatsu, eh?
    - About it being a KPop copy: Sayanee herself is a KPop fan, it is expected. But some people at YT - ugh. I was hoping for a CSS style though.
    - Kinoshita Haruna's comeback since Virginity in 2012: So happy to see her. I hope SKE does the same with Ishida Anna.
    - No Team M: Not even Tanigawa Airi? :fp:

I hope SKE does the same on their next single (a lot of AKS pushes such as Ryoha and Marika are dropped in favor of good performers, only 12 or less members in senbatsu, dance heavy) as well. HKT too, but instead of performance members, they should put only 16+ years old members and a sexy image. Can't see this done on AKB though.

9. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Well I'll let me friends know they're dirty wota then, thanks.

10. Minchi

Minchi Kenkyuusei

I think i really like this single. After the typical-idol-song like durian shounen, we finally got something unique from NMB. And i like it, it keeps me interested on the group. Some parts i really like :
    -9-person-senbatsu;
    -I could see NMB best dancers in one senbatsu with suitable choreography and concept; come on, where else we could see a senbatsu which was actually chosen for their skill
    -YUUMIN, haru, rikanyan; I never thought there'll come a day where i could see yuumin in senbatsu, also haru and rikanyan making it back into senbatsu :cry2:
    -The song is hella catchy, i like it
    -Seems like the senbatsu was decided based on their ability to dance; That's nice. I'm really digging the idea of having a senbatsu based on skill, I NEED MORE
    -This fires up other senbatsu-mainstays to work hard. I really like how NMB members (even members dropped from senbatsu) are so supportive of this single. Many also said that they'll work harder so they could make it into senbatsu next time, i think this kind of motivation is needed.

All of the hate coming on Sayanee by international fans... :^^;:
    But anyway, i think sayanee did pretty well with her dance. i wouldn't call it standing still, of course. We don't even know how long they spent to learn this hard-ass choreography, calling her "standing still" is underestimating her effort tbh but nah i'll shut up here:fp:

Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
  11. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    I hope they will have a new Ungergirls-like single unit and have them their own MV just to make it up to the other members...at least 16 or above...but less than 20

12. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Coupling Song for the 13th Single is "Kataomoi yori mo omoide wo". Shuu is the center of this song.

Senbatsu
    Team N: Akari Yoshida, Riho Kotani, Ririka Suto, Kei Jonishi, Yuuri Ota
    Team M: Fuuko Yagura, Miru Shiroma, Reina Fujie, Airi Tanigawa, Sae Murase, Azusa Uemura,
    Team BII: Shu Yabushita (c), Nagisa Shibuya, Miori Ichikawa, Kokoro Naiki, Kanako Kadowaki

13. Gingerninja

Gingerninja Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kondorina
    Did you mean like AKB did with Yuuhi 8 years ago?

14. Nuneul

Nuneul Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka
    if any Sayaka fan dares to complain that "she is so talented why this akip asshole doesn't want to give her a solo album, bcuz she deserve it better than the others" after this single, I'll end up by rip someone.

well. I won't say much. this is a total disappointment. just glad that the only 4 NMB members I follow are in, and that Umechan & Uuka were picked, but that's the only things I'd keep from that song/senbatsu.

at least, the B-side track with the girls that got dropped looks nice. first solo center from Shuu in a NMB single, isn't it ? she's the future of NMB, and never had this chance even when she was Team BII's center, so she is a great choice.

15. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Covers
    Regular
    [​IMG]

Limited
    [​IMG]

Kataomoi yori mo omoide wo MV (Short Version)

if the video does not show watch the video here

16. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    im glad tht undergirl song isnt the a-side. generic as S.
    OMG..literally my fave after kamonegix. im glad nmb got this song. the song is catchy and the dance is quite intense. i like it very much.
    to those haters, you can listen to generic idol song by undergirls. dont complain about the awesomeness of this a-side.
    after so much boring song from 48G,from a-side and couplings, at last i got something good from nmb48. (except nogi in which they usually produce at least one good song in their singles)

17. A(KB)gent048

A(KB)gent048 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    Oh My God Non Senbatsu on covers! Such nice play! But seriously, what's with the hairdo..? Riripon's and Shuu's... And why Type B limited Mirurun seems photoshopped face in..?

18. agus sukarmaji

agus sukarmaji Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Limited A
    [​IMG]

Limited B
    [​IMG]

Limited C
    [​IMG]

Regular A
    [​IMG]

Regular B
    [​IMG]

Regular C
    [​IMG]

Theater Edition
    [​IMG]

19. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    So that's where the rest of senbatsu went...

Personally I prefer this one.

20. Aoun

Aoun Kenkyuusei

if i did not NMB fanc or don't know on information. Might be i will wrong select which one is Main or Couple song.