Single NMB48 13th [Must Be Now] 15/10/07

Discussion in 'NMB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Aug 15, 2015.

1. sakurazaki

sakurazaki Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    ec_delacroix
    2nd round:
    sayanee 35/35
    milky 22/35
    miru 3/35

2. shakuran

shakuran Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kinoshitamomoka
    Yikes, these covers are pretty bad... the text honestly looks like something you could add in on MS Paint. Honestly, even if it was just a change in the font they used, that would make it 100% better. (And maybe also the chains/sparks/light show in the bg on the limited editions, they look awkward as heck).

I quite like the coupling song though! Really happy to see Kokochan and Azusa included in the line-up. Plus the whole alien thing in the mv is adorable, I love it!

3. yukiDARUMArin

yukiDARUMArin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    the theater edition is like mae shika mukane cover pose and regular B looks like the cover for kibouteki refrain the running theme [hehe]

4. convenience93

convenience93 Member

Oshimen:
    Jang Wonyoung
    Just saw the PV preview, and the alien is kinda creepy but okay...lol.
    Songwise, that B-side song is just your typical idoly song which I can't really say I'm in the mood for now, but if I'm in the mood, I might like it maybe haha.

I'm quite happy with the solo center since I prefer that compared to double centers.

Also this has been going about, but it's a multiple angle performance of Must Be Now from yesterday's stage.
    It's pretty interesting to see the full choreo like that!
    http://cdn2.streamable.com/video/mp4/qv5a.mp4

Though about previous comments about how Sayanee's timing was a lil off here and there in the dance, I kinda see it but I realised that was probably partly because she was trying to fix her mic literally almost the entire performance haha. She was very professional about it, and still performed it the best she could regardless though which is cool of her, but still funny :p

Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  5. K.T.S

K.T.S Kenkyuusei

Well that B-Side...
    And nothing more... that's why i like this A-side, such refreshing!

6. oscar6262

oscar6262 Kenkyuusei

i'm speechless.
    At first i thought this single is going to be a mess
    The Undergirls song + PV dnsjkbnjsdkb im in love this is so perfect
    my shuu is centering ♥ naiki kokoro in the undergirls!! im so happy thy use undergirls and gave them a PV
    the covers are amazing and im addicted to Must Be Now♥
    the only thing they could do to make this single perfect is to put Yuuri in the N cover too >,< Riripon's push is strong but give yuuri love 2 :<
    P.S - sucks SKE mngmnt cannot think about cool single like this..this makes me sad :glare:

7. jnam12

jnam12 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsumurakaori
    Wow I just got b*tched slapped by this MV, a 9member Senbatsu is like the smallest since AKB's Indie days - Sayanee48!'s big comeback <- love whoever said that, made my day

But if you are HelloProject fan, you can't help but feel nostalgia form Must be Now!, it has a "Platinum to Colourful" Era Musume feel (in a good way, no disrespect)
    - STRONG DANCE!, EDM, Crappy photoshopped album covers (yes the covers look cheap, if u look at H!P's you will get me), Sayanee's hair is like Mitsui Aika's mullet days, one main singer

Love the selection (except lemon is gone! noo, she needz dis!). The dance is AMAZING, especially with a dance strong senbatsu you can't go wrong (they put this "upmh" in the dance, the other members cant).
    The undergirls song is the classic 48 style, can't go wrong!

Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
  8. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

I hate that UG song. It's the very definition of generic throwaway idol song. 48G have proven many times that they can make beautiful and catchy typical idol songs so this is no excuse. Oh well, it's a B-side nobody will care about anyway, and I'm glad Shuu is getting to center something again. #JusticeforShuu

About @joooooooooe 's comment that international fans bitch about screentime while japanese fans don't, it's very simple. It's because for us international fans, PVs are more important because they are the way we get to watch the girls. We don't go to lives, we don't go to handshakes or 2-shot events or anything like that, so obviously we as a fanbase will have a different set of complains and a different set of things that are important to us when compared to japanese fans. I don't mean this to say that NMB (or any japanese group really) should cater to us, because I think we are well aware that we're not even a blip in the radar and their target market are japanese fans, but since this is an international forum where a big portion of the posters are international fans, it's important to point out that the whole "idols you can meet" gimmick that makes them uber popular in Japan, doesn't apply with us so we focus on other things like PVs, DVD/BD releases, the music the group releases etc.
    The way I see it, those are simply different ways of enjoying the group, and whining about stuff we don't like is part of the fun sometimes [hehe]

9. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    I think someone's already replied, but the multi-dome tour alone kind of suggests that NMB probably has had the most tickets sold, with HKT a close second (because of their all-prefectures tour) and SKE a very, very distant third. The only concert they've had of note is essentially the Matsui Rena tour.

I kind of agree with you on Milky - while I'm disappointed by the vocals, it's to be expected that this might be Milky's favorite song because (a) she's always been more of a dancer, not a singer and (b) I think she's a fan of Kpop too?

I do agree with a lot of your points, I just wish for Sayachan her first kind-of-solo song was more a rock/punk themed one. But eh, she loves Kpop so who cares haha.

I just wish I liked the song itself more...

Plus that second PV is so cute!

But yeah smaller senbatsu is awesome.

It's not really because of the mic later on to be quite honest. I love Sayachan, she's my kamioshi in NMB, but if you watch post the 1:30 mark (when she fixes her mic problem) she's still a couple of milliseconds ahead of everyone else and still falls into her bad habit of cutting corners (not holding poses for long enough, flow being choppy) from time to time.

That being said, it's a marked improvement from Sayachan in the beginning though. I love that she's become much, MUCH more visibly comfortable in her own skin as an idol.

10. leoASH

leoASH Kenkyuusei

Omg Milky, she looks good & so fantastic wearing long pants and dancing this song with that hard & cool move..this is pretty much the whole positive vibe I got from this single..lol

The 9nin senbatsu is good but mehh since it more focus on sayanee..already imagining it perform in music show..since the camera tend to focus in the singging part..
    The management maybe just already let go their chance for people to get more familiar in this senbatsu member since less people means more exposure right..
    The song is still not growing in me since i'm more focus to watch the performance

The cover yeah is look meh..i'm so saddened that my type b was my favourite cover but with the ugliest font..that red colour font was so worst..
    But damn sayanee face & pose in the cover really make me feel she looks like a comedian guy or something like that, come out from comic or involved in kid action movie..

11. jeauexe

jeauexe Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kinoshitamomoka
    Twitter:
    jeauexe
    Whoever has been designing the NMB covers recently should be fired, NMB hasn't had a good single cover for ages and this really bothers me.

• Like Like x 1
  12. mochichan

mochichan Kenkyuusei

Would like this song 10x better if it wasnt autotuned to death....Also styling looks so tragic for half of the members while other half looks good lel
    I like the concept tho and at least the performance would be good.

Ehhh...fans are happy about the opportunities she gets tho and these build up promos might mean it is coming. But thing is, personally, she gets all these pseudo solos and promos so far but just not that solo debut she wants and promote as her own. A NMB single isn't a solo debut no matter how they makes it Sayanee and backup dancers and neither is it the main goal. I still think it's management way to appease her by giving her all these pseudo solos so they can put off her actual solo debut to slow down her graduation since she is thinking about it already.

13. Sakuraism

Sakuraism Member Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    andilee1989
    This is pretty much it, my thoughts exactly. While everyone is complaining about screen time justice, im here complaining why I cant get enough tickets for blah blah for this and that event.

I think @joooooooooe knows that as well when he pointed it out. I think he just wanted to tell people to chill out and to not get this whole screen time bitching outta control lol. No, the management isn't trying to mess with you on purpose loll.

Oh yeah and definitely whining is part of the fun of the fandom (like whining about the international fan base whining lol, jk), just sometimes though lol.

14. undine235

undine235 Kenkyuusei

so after listening to the A-side a few times, i'm definitely of the opinion that the song would sound just as good, if not better, if they kept sayanee's vocals clean. seeing as she sings pretty much the whole song, having her voice carry it would do wonders. milky was flawless as usual, but i was really really impressed by konomin, aika, and yuumin. to be honest i didn't know who yuumin was before this single but i'm definitely keeping my eye on her moving forward cause her expressions were some of my favorite amongst the girls. the UG song is standard idol fare, but it has a nice melody and i have no complaints about shuu center :D

side note - if this song had been a milky center, it would have been absolutely perfect in my eyes. the 48 family needs another dance diva to take tomochin's place and milky's voice is practically screaming to be chopped and screwed into EDM tracks.

15. Timmeon

Timmeon Kenkyuusei

Shuu as center for the B-side makes me happy! :D And so much screetime for Azunyan! The song is sadly forgettable.

Where were you when DLB was released? lol The covers for it are nice, imo. And even the Durian ones are quite fun.

This time though, the covers are the cheapest photoshop with cut and paste. Most insulting to me is Regular Type B (Team M) which has only Sayaka and Milky on the cover because no Team M member is in senbatsu.:glare:

16. kk127

kk127 Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    the covers are horrendous

holy fuck, like i thought nothing could beat BokuTachi to be the cheapest 48G cover ever

but this

mother of god, the fonts are a tragic mess and the cheap ass background

:fp:

17. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    I'm really confused about the covers...why are there some non-senbatsu members on there? Also, on Limited Edition A...who is that girl beside Akari? Is it Ririka? It seems so odd lol. Have we ever seen that tho? Non-senbatsu members on front covers? I don't remember.

I actually love the Undergirls song (with Shuu center). It's cute lol~~ I love my idol songs. Plus, everyone looks great...but tbh, the Alien scared me lol.

P.S

The Mitsui Aika comment was spot on...poor girl; I swear the stylist hated her lol. But yea, looks very similar

18. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    1st time i kinda has respect for milky.. i thought when fans said she has good dancing ability, it is just like normal one but after seeing the video..wow, she has the smooth flow and she dances very good. i like how many hair flipping and i want fancam of milky for this song [hehe]
    this song really show the potential of these girls when come to dancing. it is on par with k-pop idol, the intense, the fast moving routine, and quite precise dancing. but i dont think they can sing properly while dancing(especially with high heels like k-idol) but yeah it is good to see they have very intense dancing song.

19. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    Tbh, I don't think they will ever sing this song live...I feel like it's gonna be so hard on Sayaka to sing over an auto-tuned version of herself + dance like that. But I agree with how good they all are...I'm actually super impressed by these members (well, not Umeda; we all know she's a good dancer lol).

20. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    on AKB SHOW! i think :flower:

Last edited: Sep 12, 2015