Single NMB48 13th [Must Be Now] 15/10/07

Discussion in 'NMB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Gingerninja

Gingerninja Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kondorina
    Apologies, lots of words.

I can see why they chose to do what they did, but I can't say I 100% agree with it, looking at it from a long term perspective.
    Sayaka and Mirukii are by far and away NMBs largest stars, no one can doubt that. Everyone was a little down (members wise) that so few ranked in SSK and yet everything still floats around these two alone now with Nana gone. Don't bother saying "oh but Sayaka hasn't centered a single since whenever.. " bollocks, she has been front and centre the whole time because the rotating centres thing has been proven to be a gimmick because they didn't stick it out or actually follow through.
    How long are Sayaka and Mirukii wanting to stay in NMB? Mirukii has said the dreaded G word several times, you know she's thought about it. Sayaka doesn't want being an idol holding her back, she's ambitious and has plans and dreams far bigger.
    If in 12 months they both decide its time to leave, where does that leave NMB? Up a certain creak without a paddle, because management just basically publicly said this senbatsu was by "ability" and they booted out everyone they've been building as replacements. Miru/fuu? Not good enough. Shuu/Nagi? Not good enough.
    The general public can now look at NMB and say, "hey they have 50+ members, but only 9 of them are good enough?"
    That's a hell of a vote of no confidence to come back from for the booted members.
    Miru/Fuu got there centre spot for 5 seconds, it didn't work so now you're booted to one side. Riripon got bounced quicker than Ucchi did from AKB.

The single will sell sell 350-400k copies, and no one will think twice about it. They'll say it was just another gimmick and no harm no foul.
    Until Sayaka/Mirukii leave and there is no one to step into those spots and the handshake average sales fall off a cliff because no one knows who the other members are, or feels they are worthy enough. Simply because they do not have the balls to take one idea and just run with it. Put Miru/Fuu centre and leave them there, for 2-3 singles. Make them worthwhile of being a top 16 SSK ranking member. I know Riripon was struggling a bit with the pressure, but they did just deep end the girl on her second single, but to go from Centre to out? Ouch.

Sayaka has transcended needing to be NMB centre, move her to to the back, make her AKB centre, give her that national platform to grow, she has nothing left to prove in NMB, and its blocking anyone succeeding her. You can't wait until there is a hole to fill it, you need to something prepared to fill it ready.

2. digital clone

digital clone Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    This single is perfect so far. I am looking forward to hearing the rest of the songs.

3. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    "hey they have 50+ members, but only 9 of them are good enough?"
    anyone likely would think this way, "oh these 9girls are top dancers in the group" rather than what you think because in every group, less member or more, there will always better dancers, better singers. the management did a good job select girls with good dancing ability to show to the people they also can dance. this should appeal to more people.
    how about we enjoy sayanee until she graduate rather than babbling bout her centre again? because we cant deny the sayanee aura..it is OP. i dont think management even know what to do without her. she just has that umph factor. after grad, there will be always other girl plus it is more likely they will rotate with no clear centre like akb nowadays.

4. junjou19

junjou19 Member

I have to disagree with you about Yuumin's inclusion being the only good thing. People seem like Senbatsu with Sayanee center is automatically going to stagnate the rise of other members, but I think the video showed that with the nine members and transient dance positions, this is a great opportunity for the other eight to be seen.

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

5. MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    Those covers are atrocious :(

The song is growing on me, though. I'm glad Milky gets a spectacular outlet for her dancing talents

6. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    The song is cool as well as the dance..
    The covers, no comment. So mediocre.
    The undergirls' song is mediocre as well

No Team M member in senbatsu makes me whine..
    But I'm just filling my mind with hope.. I hope the absence of Team M will be paid by their 1st original stage (like what Reinyan asked iirc)
    Hoping too much for Team M's compensation :^^;:

7. joooooooooe

joooooooooe Member Retired Staff

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    I don't mind complaining, really.

With screen time... I dunno, I can tell you guys to watch stages or watch YNN or whatever if you really care about the other girls. NMB still cares about their theater, popular members come back for things like birthdays and graduations, birthday celebrations are on time, they still debut things like Must Be Now at the theater and not at a handshake event, etc. NMB gives its less popular girls so many different ways to shine.

But when people say "I don't watch stages or other NMB programming" then to me that just means you're lazy and your complaints are self-centered and the only way to fix it is for NMB to cater to yourself. That's why I think the screen time argument is one of the silliest arguments I've ever seen. The only time I've ever considered it valid was Amina in Iiwake Maybe, but that's ages ago.
    Yes, Sayaka has not centered a single since Takane no Ringo (or Ibiza Girl, if you wanna go that far, or Punkish even). That is a year and a half ago. She centers team songs, okay.
    Even in theater performances, she never centered anything. And now it's a gimmick because she centers a new single? How does that invalidate the other centers?

Let's be real, you can't just plug anybody in to become the next Sayaka or the next Milky, you have to approach their graduations by building something completely different. Sayaka is the leader, an amazing singer, amazing dancer, talented at MCs, godlike at handshakes. You can't just put in Fuuchan in the center and expect her to fulfill all those roles, Sayaka is a real talent. Those girls need to find what they do well and where they can pull in fans whether it's from the center position or not.

If they have 50 members and only 9 are good enough, do you think all the other members will cry and whine about it? No, they need to improve their skills, and you saw a lot of Team M members on Twitter not crying about it but saying that they need to succeed and work together to overcome this. (Hilariously, Maokyun said they need to just climb but to break down the wall, which led to Anchu posting a picture of when Sararan tripped at home and put a hole in the wall, hahahahha.) In fact, it's imperative that they do improve their ability, since the other teams need to perform the single at the theater.

It's also not fair to say that about the other girls in this single. Why does it have to be MiruFuuNagiShuu? How come you don't say they're grooming Uuka/Aika/Haru to fill the performance hole that's being left when Sayaka leaves? After all, Uuka was top 3 in the dance Kamonegics earlier this year and did a guitar solo Hajimete no Hoshi.

• Like Like x 2
  8. satchan

satchan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kadowakikanako
    Twitter:
    tsurisaturday
    Full dance version is out. I'm really liking this. Can't take my eyes off of Uuka.

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 1
  9. MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    THAT DANCE BREAK THO

Mmkay. I'm sold. Perfect song, great MV, very impressive.

Looking forward to the team songs, we can actually hear a peep out of Team M lol

10. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    MTE!!!! Pure Sayachan vocals would be pretty awesome for this song I think. Your last comment was so on point haha.

K-Pop is never sung live, they're just really good at lipsyncing [hehe] I say this as a Korean person who's been watching this since I was a child (+ some insiders, but eh). We just don't care if a performance is lip synced or not - if they're good at convincing you they aren't, who cares?

Maybe NMB has grown to the point where this just isn't necessary? Yeah their lack of SSK ranking sucks, but honestly there are better things an NMB fan can do with their money (i.e., more singles = more events = more things to do with your cash than voting in a national popularity contest).

So agreed on all your points.

Honestly, I feel like one of the things NMB is most good at is actually preparing their girls for graduation. Yeah it would suck to see Sayachan and Milky leave, but what better to prep them for that moment than to really push them hard?

To be frank my ranking of all the sister groups would probably be SKE. But even then, I can still see how amazing NMB girls are and how great their management is. 2shot with singles, tons of concerts, etc. Tons and TONS of ways to make the theater girls shine and showcase them to fans. The more I think about it, the less I think NMB girls ranking in SSK is a problem.

Look at Nanatan - since graduation, she's not just gotten one but two regular TV programs (one as seiyuu, another on Viking! as a weekly regular) and a solo radio program. This is what NMB girls need to work towards, not ranking in SSK.

Seeing the full version both makes me like it more (I guess I'm used to the heavy base and butchering of Sayachan vocals? :() but also makes me wish they varied up the choreo a bit. It's the E-Girls trick of repeating the same dance moves (albeit, they're pretty tough) over and over again.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    Aika and Yuuka are killing it in that dance version~~ I think I focused more on Aika than Sayaka lol~~ But the song is really good. But near the end, I actually found the auto-tune to be too much, but I think that'll wear off~~~

• Like Like x 1
  12. burningbrita

burningbrita Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    sparklingbrita
    I feel more positive about this A-side after seeing the dance shot. They look really polished and I think it could draw in more female fans/fans of more dance oriented groups. The dance itself showcases everyone and this IS a dance-focused single.

I like the break at 2:29. Also, I love how they include the alternate dress outfits in the MV/dance shot <3

13. チームさや姉推し

チームさや姉推し Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    This top 3 is literally the top 3 girls I picked for my 13th single head canon in July :hehe: my eyes are always torn between the three of them. They're all just so great. This single is a dream. I love the juxtaposition of the cool pants with the floaty skirts. The barrel jumps look amaaaazing in the dress scenes haha :inlove:

14. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

The dance break choreo is pretty weak uh

15. Kawaki Otsutsuki

Kawaki Otsutsuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    this track is a total hitmaker and has a unique rhythm I don't really hear in these groups I guess cause its like something id hear in a club and I actually prefer the smaller senbatsu as a matter fact from now on all nmb tracks should be yamamoto and the chosen few

16. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    The moves are different from what we've usually seen, albeit repeated maybe a tad bit too much. I'll take that.

17. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

not that impressive with the dance break in the full mv.....something seems missing to me

18. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme

Totally agree with you!!!! Yuuri needa love!!! She's definitely NMB's future, and a better seller than Riripon, and she adds something to NMB that i feel NMB lacks.

And yeah, this would be more perfect for SKE. It lacks NMB's sexyness but on the other hand baby J can't sing like mama Sayaka

And i'm very happy for Kokoro and no Iso. But poor Sararan:;(

19. burningbrita

burningbrita Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    sparklingbrita

if the video does not show watch the video here
    Team M MV up. I like it, it's got a nice retro sound. And wow, Miru looks great :inlove:

20. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    Team M's song is kind of weak, but I love anything retro + their make-up and hair game is on point.