Single NMB48 13th [Must Be Now] 15/10/07

Discussion in 'NMB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Aug 15, 2015.

1. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai

wait...i read again and again bout your comment on k-pop.i thought i missed some words but definitely not.. are you sure you are korean or someone living in korea for a long time..? im a k-pop fan and i can sure you zillions of people and zillion of times knew they danced precisely with superb dance with high heels and LIVE.. these ske and nmb cant even compete or not even par with them.. anyway i can see these girls try some of k-pop dance but maybe quite sloppy but still do it well.

2. convenience93

convenience93 Member

Oshimen:
    Jang Wonyoung
    @mayuri91 please correct me if I'm wrong as I'm not a HUGE Kpop fan but just an avid follower but I very seldom see KPop girl groups do dances like the one NMB did in "Must be now"? The reason why they can wear heels and dance is because their dances aren't anywhere near as vigorous and fast-paced as that, and all the spins and jumps they have to do...it's so much movements. No one in their right mind would dance "Must Be Back" in heels.

KPop girl groups are also putting a lot of focus onto their singing or they're meant to look like they are, so from what I've noticed, while their dance is neat and orderly, they tend to stick to not overly complicated moves - mostly just the moves that look sexy and provocative. So just because they're dancing in heels doesn't make them tonnes more superior in dancing than everyone else. Sure, it's admirable, but it isn't exactly directly linked to their dance abilities whatsoever. I'm sure they're all really good dancers as well, but it's not like I see variety in KPop girl group dances anyway.

For me, NMB's dance in terms of the amount of movements and choreography is more akin to KPop boybands but still not entirely so. KPop boybands are more focused on coordination and sync and almost creating a robotic flawless effect. While NMB girls may not be as robotic as that, I think what they did is that they brought a bunch of girls with different styles and flair to their dancing to bring a dynamic, expressive performance. I believe the more they practise, the more synchronised they'll get, and they'll bring something completely different to the table that is unique to them and isn't like KPop, E-Girls, EXILE or whatever else people want to compare them to.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2015
  3. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    @piyochama i agree that the song maybe not suitable for high heel but basically, this dance is pretty sure can be done by any kpop idol especially dance oriented like after school or 4minute with better and precise movement. but i dont think 48 girls can dance like k-idol with high heels all the time. of course i cant tell exactly because no video at all. anyway, i think many will agree k-idol is better at dancing than j-idol. (i know idol in japan is so different than in korea, so just forget bout this)
    like someone said, even in this song, the dance isnt really has the umphh but however, given that nmb is idol group, it makes the dance looks good and they show many girls can dance very well.

4. agus sukarmaji

agus sukarmaji Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    BII

if the video does not show watch the video here

5. greenv

greenv Kenkyuusei

From nmb vs sister group to nmb vs kpop. Interesting.

6. marumarumako

marumarumako Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kojima Mako
    I don't trust my eyes.... i've seen antan for more than 5 seconds from that preview!!!
    but seriously who in the world made that title balloon thingy? my twelve y.o cousin can do better than that.

7. ColorfulMonsters48

ColorfulMonsters48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    Team M's song was so classy, really love it, even though the music isn't my jam. :D
    Team B's song just is gross, man, I don't want to see such a big belly in the PV, that's like Homer Simpson... xD

So far the "Must be now" is my favoriate then Ungirls, Team songs aren't my jam at all. :D

8. convenience93

convenience93 Member

Oshimen:
    Jang Wonyoung
    I think the point is not whether certain Kpop idol girl groups can dance the choreo in Must Be Now. It's more of like whether they're doing it or not. Or whether they're just sticking to one particular style and playing safe. To be honest, it's hard to compare when the style of dancing in Must Be Now and the style of dancing in KPop girl group songs is very different.

Also, I don't agree that K-idols are better at dancing than J-idols. That is a huge bias stereotype in my opinion, and there are even Johnny's who are amazing dancers by their own right, maybe not just with hip-hop that Kpop idols tend to be geared towards but even with contemporary styles as well. I think the same applies for even female idols in the JPop industry. Especially in NMB, many of them (especially the majority of them in Must Be Now) are very well trained, and are from the best dance schools there are in Japan, so I don't think you should underestimate their skill level. With lots of practice and dedication, I am sure they can be on par with even KPop groups.

And if you looked into the other big acts in JPop like EXILE, E-Girls, AAA etc (especially those in Avex), I don't think they're by any means not as good as dancing as compared to KPop artists or groups. In the end of the day, I think the styles are just very different, but they're all good in their own ways.

On another note, the BII song is a little more interesting than M, but those goukon situations does look very unpleasant to be at haha.

9. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    i think anyone can do good if it is choreograph dance but not so many can dance with super high heel. maybe because of that people tends to see k-idol can dance very well. i dont care bout boygroups because they dont dance with high heel plus i never see argument bout boy groups between k-idol and j-idol.

10. Gingerninja

Gingerninja Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kondorina
    I possibly wrote it badly, or you misunderstood what I was trying to say.
    Its not a gimmick that she's the new centre, putting her back as centre while dropping the previous centres just proves them being centre was nothing but a quick sales gimmick because it led to nothing. There was no followup. Riripon went from "Centre" to being out. So everyone who thought it was a one shot gimmick has been proven correct.

Also A year and a half was 3 singles, after she centered the previous 10. She even centered Ibiza girl, Ha! and Punkish and had a solo song on both albums and the only original stage NMB have.
    Lets not act like she's been hard done by.

11. チームさや姉推し

チームさや姉推し Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    You're reeeaally fixated on the heels thing. Yea dancing in heels looks hard. But if you do it all the time and practice, It can become more natural than dancing in flat shoes. (For example, In the UZA pv you can see Tomochin's shoes are the only heeled ones - I suspect cause she has trouble dancing in flat shoes.) I'd like to see these K-pop girls of yours dance in flats haha.

Edit: watched the pvs. M's song isn't great but I'm a sucker for anything vintage so I love it. BII's song is better but the pv.... so cringe

Edit2: lol @ STS who apparently doesn't pay attention to anything outside of what s/he wants to see :)

12. Deyan

Deyan Member

Twitter:
    MrWeilai
    If I can dance with heels on when I'm drunk (I'm a guy who's not into drag, so no experience whatsoever) anybody can do it.

13. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    em...dude or girl, the easiest way is to watch the dance practice version of any song you like. most of the time they wear flat shoes. i dont know what are you trying to say but trying to dance with high heels is like very hard.that is why most of them train for about2-3years before debut. i think tomochin heel is nothing compare to the k-pop idol.probaby just to increase her height.
    can we stop the argument bout this? because it makes me looks like underestimating them.

14. Kawaki Otsutsuki

Kawaki Otsutsuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    well I was kinda under the impression you were underestimating them due to your belief they are so outclassed over some high heels haha

15. チームさや姉推し

チームさや姉推し Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    ^That's what I thought too

Look buddy you can't make a point and then when people talk about it get scared and say no no stop talking about what I said it makes me look bad

16. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    :flower: I meen... 48 never look sooooo goog like SNSD or After School =) in dance :^^;: dancing skills haven't a big role:rolleyes:

17. チームさや姉推し

チームさや姉推し Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    I feel as though you're judging dancing skill based on how syncronised they are. What objective scale are you using to determine dance skill?

18. convenience93

convenience93 Member

Oshimen:
    Jang Wonyoung
    I think you just offended every short dancer in the world. Not everyone is born with tall genes you know...do dancers really need to look a certain way to look good dancing? I thought they even tried to dispel that stereotype in Step Up 3 with Mitch's character. I don't believe there should be some kind of specific height and size and face idk for a person to be considered a "good dancer", so your point just comes off as rather discriminatory to different body sizes and heights.

P.S. I never found a problem with Sayanee's legs, so I don't know what you're talking about :p

19. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    no no no! I just want to say that they have an advantage =)

20. チームさや姉推し

チームさや姉推し Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Well what you said was "they never look good" so

Edit: oh let's not forget this :)