Single AKB48 42nd [Kuchibiru ni Be My Baby] 15/12/09

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Sep 27, 2015.

1. junjou19

junjou19 Member

Well, it's not the song I would've hoped for given it's importance, but all the members seemed really happy when performing it. I like it enough

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

2. evile1690

evile1690 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Twitter:
    evile1690
    With the song itself, the split of the verses are good then bad then good again (much like units of the new album lol)
    What I mean is:
    Takamina starts it: okay (pretty much Takamina style)
    Mayu & Sasshi: good (their voices are a good mix,, Avocado4life)
    Sayanee & Kojiharu: weird (sayanee drowning anyone who sings with her)
    Sakura, Paru, Jurina: good (they all have a distinct tone but lack any vocal strength so they blend well)
    Yukirin & Yuihan: bad (it's just a weird mix)
    The rest: so-so (no one stands out)

I think KR had the potential to be an anthem-like song but it was lacking something.
    KnBMB is just plain idol-y. I don't hate it (I'm a sucker for these kinds of songs),
    but I'm not raving about it either (enough to put it on par with the kami-songs).

3. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

I just think it's funny how many (not all) takamina oshis are so convinced that this song was forced on her and she is lying when she says she likes this song and how she doesn't have much power in the group like you thought she did... maybe you don't know you oshi as much as you think you do lol
    She might be suited for a more darker song, but she definitely is the kind of dorky person who wants to do an idolly/cute song. She said so herself lol... So maybe you should just be happy for your oshi and realize she got what she wanted, even if it is not to your taste.
    Some of you have obviously forgotten her own words when she was announced as the center, so here it is again:

「楽曲はAKB48王道アイドル曲! 最後の最後にアイドル曲をやらせていただけることもうれしいです。卒業する私からみんなへのメッセージソングではないので、私が卒業した後もたくさんのメンバーに歌ってもらい、ファンの方たちにも愛される楽曲になればうれしいなと思います!」

"The new song is a definitive AKB48 idol song! I'm really happy that in the end, I was allowed to do an idol-type song. Not a song that gives a message from me to the rest of the members, but a song that can be performed by many members even after I graduate, and I'd be so happy if it becomes a song that the fans love!"

So there you go, in her own words this is the type of song she wanted and the type of song she is happiest with. Not some powerful song like River or Ai no Sonzai, but a cute and fun idol song. Of course many (not all) of you will say she was "forced" to say this lol :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 3
  4. Mimi

Mimi Kenkyuusei

No one said she was forced to do anything. Some of us simply think that she didn't get to really choose the song. It doesn't mean that she doesn't like cute stuff (it's a well know fact that she does, even though people don't expect it or think it's funny), but nowhere did she say that she wanted this kind of song either. It could be that she actually would've liked a song with a strong message, but this is what she got, so she has to work with it and promote it the best way she can. We don't know. I also don't see why whether she hand picked the song or not is important.

5. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

Not literally forced, but more of she had no option but to do this song, so everything she said about it is not her true feelings. But I'd rather believe her own words than not, and she (and the rest of the members) really look like they are having a great time singing this song (even Annin, who I've criticized quite a bit, was really good in that performance). So I'm just trying to say *maybe* this is the song she wanted.

6. イーディー

イーディー Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    It looks like theres going to be a report about the PV on next weeks AKBINGO!
    (link)

7. Mimi

Mimi Kenkyuusei

Maybe, but you were claiming that she said herself that she wanted a song like this, when she never said that. Based on that translation, she's saying she's happy to perform it (to me it actually sounds as if she was expecting something different), and well, she's kind of supposed to say that, you know? Just like they're supposed to look happy on stage. It's not a horrible song and there's no reason to believe they were actually miserable and just faking that performance, but it doesn't mean that this song made everyone's wish come true either. And I'm happy Annin looks like her normal self again, but I doubt it has anything to do with the song. I hope we don't start expecting them to only look excited when they actually like the song.

8. mythzssu

mythzssu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    cindyyuvia
    it sounds like fast-paced iiwake maybe for me haha or is it just me? especially "kuchibiru ni be my baby" part...also I like this so much, ... what's so bad about this song? really... it's a catchy song,... they actually move around and dancing...

9. Sayaka.Sakura92

Sayaka.Sakura92 Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    I like this song since I listened it the first time, only the part "kuchibiru ni be my baby" I didn't like that much. But know I love it :blush:

10. sonsam

sonsam Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I can totally see Milky centering Kuchibiru ni Be My Baby!:cute:

11. newAKB48fanboy

newAKB48fanboy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nakadakana
    I liked it from the first listen too. And I'm all for balads, but that 365 song was meh.

12. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Yeah I do have to very much agree that the impact of this is subpar compared to Kibouteki, let alone one of the better HKT singles or the best singles of golden era

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

13. MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    I think the way they sing "kuchibiru ni" is very cute. I just wish it didn't end with that REALLY awkward dance move.

14. milkyzipper

milkyzipper Guest

The intro sounded really promising and I didn't even mind the WOWOW but I really face palmed when I heard the echo. That was really unnecessary and gave me flashbacks to the awful Kibouteki Refrain. And then the verses started with Takamina going completely off-key like...

The rest of the song is pretty good though. It'll probably be really well received if it was performed with younger, cuter members. That said, while it is a step up from Halloween Night, it is still not on par with Bokutachi wa Tatakawanai which is hands down the best AKB single since Sayonara Crawl.

Anyway, I have a feeling that Paruru is probably meant to be in Sayanee's position. It would be weird to put Mion in the front row with Kojiharu so they probably swap Sayanee up.

15. ryansetyono

ryansetyono Kenkyuusei

IMO paruru still in mion position because often paruru is paired with jurina & sakura (like in BwT, green flash MV, tsuchinoko panda)

16. milkyzipper

milkyzipper Guest

Sayanee has never been ahead of Paruru, Jurina or Sakura tho? Besides, Sayanee with Jurina and Sakura makes sense too since that will put the three kennins in this single together.

17. Doodleboy

Doodleboy Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    i agree i agree i agree 10000%

18. BilyIsFab

BilyIsFab Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I agree with this too!

19. evile1690

evile1690 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Twitter:
    evile1690
    @milkyzipper The Sayanee push is happening though. There's good reason for her to be upfront now.
    And I don't really mind coz Jurina is hidden center :^O^:

20. SaikouTan

SaikouTan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kobayashi Yui, Miyawaki Sakura
    I'm not TOTALLY sure what to think of the song and choreo... I mean Takamina's solo lines were extremely off key but on the studio recording it HAS to be better, so I'll wait... and that choreo...
    And much like everyone else has been saying, Takamina's cutesy act is pretty cringe worthy... I've noticed she's been acting cutesy, burikko way more often and intensely than she used too, and I really don't like that...
    BUT! The song isn't totally bad, I mean, I really like the intro because it's very reminiscent of Iiwake Maybe yet not TOO much.
    It's cute and idoly and I'm particularly happy it isn't like a "Let's go all out, Takamina's leaving and it's all going to end because she's gone OHNO let's give her the best song ever that only she could ever center and nobody else will live up to her centering this song!!!!AAH" and it's more of a "She's going, but we'll live on let's just honor her a bit before she's gone"

Anyone else can center this song, and you know what? THAT'S what truly sells it for me, so screw whether I actually like it or not, because
    I LIKE IT,
    if only for this reason

On a side note, Mion is so tiny and cute and I wish she were actually in this senbatsu

Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
    • Like Like x 1