Single AKB48 43rd [Kimi wa Melody] (2016/03/09)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Dec 15, 2015.

1. jell0

jell0 Kenkyuusei

My honest thoughts?

This is trolling & we will get the real info closer to the actual date - like timeline of usual singles.

2. tomi

tomi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    I love old gens and well, Tomochin is my kami, so i'm really happy about this, but I also feel so bad for all the girls who have been waiting for that ''change'', where new gens could finally try to overcome their senpais...
    But, sincerely, I prefer this, better than putting Jurina or Sakura or any kennin/sister group member as the centers, because, sincerely, that's what they would had probably done if the graduated members weren't selected.
    Maybe they would have done a wcenter with mayu or yukirin and a kennin, but, I prefer graduated members than other sister groups members.
    Anyway, I hope it'll be a good Aside, i'm really excited to see those 4 again, seeing them perform at the 10th anniversary made want to see more of that kami aura they had:^O^:

3. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

Is there legit boycott movement going on in Japan yet or is it just alot of complaints?

4. Discothèque

Discothèque Member

Oshimen:
    anaichihiro
    Twitter:
    _ohmyArin
    No one is going to boycott anything and everyone will still buy handshake tickets for their oshis anyway

5. Center

Center Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanimarika
    Jfans on twitter feel the same. As for people who don't like J as part of senbatsu... Remember sashi is full hkt member.

Is this the next single for 8th ssk?? Way too early but release date is. April.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
  6. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

Lol why would anyone boycott this? The outrage is much higher on this forum.

7. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Not really, it's basically the same as what's being said on 2ch.

It does, however, present a difficult conundrum. Boycott the CD, and reinforce management's irrational fear of new gen, or support your yet-again-shafted oshi and make management think this was a good idea.

8. Seven42

Seven42 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuirena
    I was just looking on 2chan myself and it's nothing like what's being posted here. Stop trying to stir up drama.

9. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

Since this thread went crazy this morning I've been looking at 2ch to see what's going on over there. It is nowhere near the amount of butthurt that is raging through this thread right now lol

10. unwanted

unwanted Kenkyuusei

They could literally put a graduate member and her toy poodle as the center and only members of senbatsu and it would still sell because people want to see their oshis. It's affecting the long term health of the group because little to no exposure for new gen (or mid gen for that matter) members means fewer people will get an interest in them, especially if they've already gone through the whole oshi-to-graduation cycle before. There is just very little a girl without push can do and even if she manages to get some fans...if there is no real hope for anything exciting to happen, to her, her and the fans will run out of topics fast. It's not super uplifting to be a fan of someone who's been looking at empty lanes for years and whose biggest hope is to under once as a unit center in the 312th revival of Pajama Drive.

That is not meant as an insult but most members have not been given the spotlight OR the room to grow and that will come back to haunt them. They can't keep using Acchan forever.

11. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

I am glad the management pulling all their trick for the spring single....lets see if they could reach 1 mil 1st week with this lineup :cool:

12. Kawaki Otsutsuki

Kawaki Otsutsuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    as much I love this line-up and I love the throwback members I firmly believe it's all about the song.the 4 goddesses is just an add-on.DLC FTW!

13. leoASH

leoASH Kenkyuusei

I can't wait to look the reaction of the member during announcement of 43rd single..

But well Okada Nana just let her be center with Mion..surely the management ignore this HS favourite & keep pushing the one that was poor in the event that bring up most money to them. Work hard surely pay off thnks to management...

14. Lindsay

Lindsay Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    gotomoe
    I really hope this is their New Year Dokkiri thing.

The funny thing is that this type of sentiment is what I've been trying to express for ages: that the senbatsu as presented is stagnant and they need to actually have generational change, not just talk about it, and as for bringing back the grads... Usually the response that view gets is a whole load of butthurt about how the new girls just aren't good enough and the old girls are just better. I'm finding it kinda funny that this is what it takes for collective opinion to swing and actually concede that the new girls just are not being given any/enough opportunities (except Mion in this case). I understand that they want to maintain the streak (although the one week version is comprehensively broken now) but this is such a ridiculously short term fix. For the long term health of the group, you HAVE to hand over from old girls to new. Nothing else will do it.

15. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Guys, 2ch =/= the fans. A lot of people on this forum put far too much stock into what they read there.

I must admit that the inclusion of the grads has me slightly more excited about the senbatsu than usual. (Usually my interest in AKB senbatsu is around 0%) However, like many have mentioned here this move, as well as many of the other moves AKB management has made over the last year+ just stink of desperation to keep the group relevant.

I will be more interested in the b-side tracks anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  16. jujuchuu

jujuchuu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    itomarika
    definitely! I think people here forget that 2chan is the extreme underbelly of the internet.

I think it's also important to remember that many 2chan posters are known for having extreme right wing/anti-korean resident views that definitely don't represent Japan at large. the reason why you see a lot of hateful comments on there is because it is full of hateful people in general.

17. fuyuchan1609

fuyuchan1609 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Ogino Yuka
    I am very happy to see graduated members... back to old-time senbatsu! My hopes: that this isn't a stupid dokkiri or whatever, and that this single will be killer like the good AKB era. Please please please.

Oh and agree that staff surely had this idea after seeing the deceiving sales of Kuchibiru Ni Be My Baby. Not that they were deceiving, but that they didn't reached 1M. The last single with similar sales was Sakura No Ki Ni Narou, in 2011!

18. hikariayaka

hikariayaka Kenkyuusei

I wouldn't mind Mion centering the 44th single. Lol. [hehe]
    It's interesting coz she got rank 44 in the sousenkyo. (Sorry, I am little bias since Mion is my oshi)

Anyway,
    I don't think the graduates gonna center this single. Maybe they will just appear in the MV and do a little promotion.

It would be nice if it's a SakuMion WCenter to represents the new gen or maybe a MayuMion/SayaMion.

About Management,
    I think they already knew what will be the reaction of the fans and what's gonna happen next after releasing this.

I believe Aki-p is not stupid afterall.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
  19. MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    I wonder if Takamina will get yet another graduation song :p

20. koiso

koiso Kenkyuusei

Just got feeling that mion will center this single, but i dont know, just my speculation.. Management trying to troll us again after "fail baton pass", coz mayu is not the new gen, and sakura in just kenin .. The baton should be taken by either paru / mion...