[GENERAL] The AKB48 Thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jun 16, 2007.

1. infinitehippos

infinitehippos Member

Given the event I strongly suspect it was all staged and practiced beforehand. They would want whoever's position was being "taken" to be able to move into another one seemlessly. With the event being as public as it is they wouldn't want to leave anything to chance.

2. Tsumu

Tsumu Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

@levitski @Trinu @kyoto48☀︎☂

If you look at the video a bit more closely, you'll see an assistant moving away from the front and holding a black robe with him. Yuko was most likely wearing that when she was positioning herself at the front.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2016
  3. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
  4. oniqlo

oniqlo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayamakazumi
    I simply think japan times saw akb as the most popular group among the list therefore akb deserve the whole image for themself, yey:p

5. Kinenbi

Kinenbi Member Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    kinenbi
    Geez, why is everyone so determined to ruin the fun of the surprise? Staged or not, it was pretty cool!

6. levitski

levitski Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    nakanoikumi
    Perhaps it was just Yokoyama that knew about the Maeda surprise and the other girls (notably Takahashi) just thought it would be Yui. So they would have rehearsed to point at Yui but she would have had to know to point towards Acchan

7. mochichan

mochichan Kenkyuusei

Kouhaku have been decreasing in rating for awhile anyway. It's just times change and people got other things to do on new year

About the stage, it's likely other members know about it to position themselves and Yuko could've been hiding under the tables since they're covered by tablecloths. I thought they just trolled takamina since it's her last kouhaku with them and other members knew about it so they can adjust with the performance. It's nothing to be skeptical about anyway

8. don

don Kenkyuusei

question to those more in the know than me, I was watching last night the "1st AKB48 Athletic Meet 2015" (for lack of the actual name...) held at the Tokyo Dome in August, one of the funniest and cutest things was one of the girls running her events with her eyes mostly closed, head tilted upwards and to the side. anyone happen to know her name? I guess she did the same in some prior athletic meet. so funny.

9. mochichan

mochichan Kenkyuusei

Lol I call bs if none knew about it tho. You have to let Yui and Mayuyu know at least so they can get ready to move over so at least a couple have to knew about it already or told 5 min before.

You're talking about Olympic athlete HKT's Sakura and her Evangelion running?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. don

don Kenkyuusei

yup, thats the girl thanks for the info, she was so cute in the track meet races I referenced in earlier post, nobody would confuse her with Usain Bolt but I'd just as soon watch her run.

11. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

Sasshi already wrote that there were 4 girls who knew about it before, herself, yui, mayuyu and one other (I forgot who, but not takamina).

12. Mayura48

Mayura48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Twitter:
    val_vanny
  13. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    That's disappointing news. Hardly any surprises other than the AKB performance (and, a bit, though first rumored, Arashi's Star Wars collaboration). But someday Kouhaku may make a comeback...via smartphone streaming? I'm feeling a tectonic shift in demographics on how people watch major events such as Kouhaku and the College Football Playoff...

Even the CFP here stateside dropped, though it dropped much worse. Blowouts compared to the Kouhaku vote nail-biter. The Japan Record Awards TV ratings also dropped (17.6% in 2013 (year when AKB48 lost to EXILE), then 15.6% in 2014 (lost to JSB)...2015 was 13.0%) as well, so something's wrong with the 2015 J-pop year-end programs...what's going on???

14. ABF48

ABF48 Member

Its like they downplaying AKB, japan times. There also headlines in nikkan sport that i saw make the same article and putting akb with maeda and yuko performance as the highlight of kohaku, same imo another downplay for AKB.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
  15. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

Don't worry, with a little luck the management will forget Akicha's phone number in a dusty drawer so she never ever sings again with the group and you don't have to complain about it... ;)

16. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    ^Not much of a comeback when she barely sings with the group anyway (aside from in the theater)........ :fear:

17. sicaxav

sicaxav Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shirashimai
    Putting my 2 cents into the discussion after reading people's comments on how 'stale' the event has become and the drop of enthusiasm akb is performing at (have no idea how to word it)..

In a sense, bringing in back graduated members are great to increase the popularity/reviving it. I mean, sports teams do the same thing with testimonial matches (at least football/soccer). But in terms of music programs, I read something back where someone mentioned dance battles and stuff? Like, idk what the general consensus is about k-pop, but coming from a background of 10 years of being a fan of korean idols and watching end-of-year music programs taught me something. It's that you gotta incorporate both rookie and legendary groups together. Have 2 groups send out their best dancers, dance to popular songs and EDM, use effects and shit, make it over the top. Have performances outdoors (if there's no snow and stuff), have them perform old songs. All these make for a great show, it helps the audience stay in the show because it's so random. If you mix a popular group with a relatively not-so-popular group, like akb with an unknown group, suddenly you have akb fans, unknown group fans, neutral viewers all watching 1 performance.

18. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Member

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
  19. Willy Wijaya

Willy Wijaya Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    melodynurramdhani
  20. henduy

henduy Kenkyuusei