Perfume

Discussion in 'The Music Forum' started by Datalanche, Jun 24, 2007.

1. Datalanche

Datalanche Kenkyuusei

This is long overdue, but SUPER AWESOME CONGRATS TO PERFUME FOR ALL THEIR RECENT SUCCESS. I'm glad they finally have gotten the acknowledgment they deserve. I'm so eager for the Game concert DVD, too! :D

2. Ayla

Ayla Kenkyuusei

Game concert dvd is gonna win. The preview that was on their show a while back was amazing, so I can just imagine..
    But yeah, congrats to them! :)

3. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    The new single, Dream Fighter, is sensational. The radio rip is now out.

4. chcltmoney3

chcltmoney3 Kenkyuusei

I thought the song was okay at first, but it was like another Oogoe Diamond. It was a bit weird for me first but now I'm in love with it now. :lol:

5. RocketStarLauncher

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
  6. Takamina

Takamina Kenkyuusei

Their new PV is cool, I like the dance!

7. irish_robz

irish_robz Kenkyuusei

Dream Fighter PV (Veoh)

I'm just totally hooked to this song for both tune (can't resist electropop :omfg: ) and choreography (<3 the robotic moves) :chuffed:

8. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

I don't like it much, but I'm sure it'll eventually grow on me.

The GAME concert was amazing! I just recently checked it out! A-chan is so hyper, and Nocchi is so pretty and Kashiyuka is so sweet... they're great to watch live (i guess lol)

9. RocketStarLauncher

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    ^The GAME concert is phenomenal. I think the beginning was much better than parts of the end. I prefer 'cool' Perfume to 'idol' Perfume. Highlights for me were:

-The very beginning of GAME with the fist-pumping deal and then the 'running'
    -The first costumes they wore are amazing. As is the entire first block of songs... and the white microphones.
    -Take me Take me... need I say more?
    -Secret Secret (repetitive names much?) I love it when Kashiyuka walks to the front of the formation from the back near the end of the song.
    -The entire concert.

And their choreography is some of the best I've seen in a very long time.

Yay, Perfume.

10. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

Yeah, I ADORE their choreographies! They are way too synchronized, it's not even human! I also like how they look so simple and cute, but when you try to copy it you notice that there's a lot of stuff going on there.

I didn't really like the flowery dress A-chan wore in the middle part of the concert, though. She looked huge! Especially since Nocchi and Kashiyuka wore such short shorts...

I liked the setlist, but I wish they had performed Kareshii wo Boshuuchuu instead of... Well, whatever that idol-esque song they performed is named. Kareshi is just so much cuter <3 Plus, I really wanted to see Puppy Love (which is one of my favorites out of GAME album) performed and it didn't happen :( Oh well, can't win them all I guess

My favorite performances were Take me Take me (I didn't like it much as a song when I first heard it, since it's too repetitive, but the choreography really adds to it), Secret Secret (all time favorite of mine), Chocolate Disco (A-chan hyperness FTW) and Wonder2, because of the emotional breakdown of the girls :D That was sweet!

Perfume = WIN <3

11. hahaxwill

hahaxwill Kenkyuusei

Dead, after being struck in the heart by Chiyuu~
    Is it me or do all of their PVs just rock? I love all the cool effects, Electro World especially :p

12. hanahorizon

hanahorizon Kenkyuusei

perfume is what got me into liking jpop and they're still my favorite group, their music is just too amazing i know everyone will love them.

love so much they're last pv. the dance is so cool but so hard to learn.

13. RocketStarLauncher

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    I think Perfume is my new favorite musical group. Do they count as idols? I can't decide.

14. hahaxwill

hahaxwill Kenkyuusei

I think they can be called idols to a certain extent... but they really aren't idols?

15. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    I wouldn't. They started out that way but they don't do anything idol-y at all- no handshake events anymore (good thing I went to 2!), their concert goods are like any other jpop goods list (no photos/individual member stuff etc)... I think the management seems to have pretty much steered them in the opposite direction of idol.

16. hahaxwill

hahaxwill Kenkyuusei

That's exactly what I was trying to say :p

haha.

17. RocketStarLauncher

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    Good for them. I'm glad they can be considered 'musical artists', as that's a few steps higher than 'idol' in my book.

I think I have now watched everything about Perfume on Veoh... I love how I really, really like Kashiyuka, but I also really, really like Nocchi and A~chan.

18. kyu

kyu Kenkyuusei

Maybe it's best to call them electropop idol or technopop idol, IMO. I think they still blend their nature of idol with their current music genre now. But Nakata-san (their producer) is really a great fellow who really knows the scene of techno music, so we can expect new and different cool things in all their future works. Like in their latest single, Dream Fighter, I think Nakata-san has started to put some taste of capsule (his band)'s music in it. Very clever indeed.
    And for the three members of Perfume...what can I say? You girls ROCK!!! I love you all. But I love Kashiyuka the most, ehehehehehehe. :p <3

19. RocketStarLauncher

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    This week is exciting: AKB48 concert AND Perfume in Budoukan. What's great about Perfume though is that not only do we get the concert ON TELEVISION, but we also get a making-of on the 17th! I'm so excited, it's crazy.

Dream Fighter is the best PV I've ever seen.

20. kyu

kyu Kenkyuusei

Aa~h...lucky you, RSL. Envy.
    I wish I could watch Perfume's concert in Budoukan (and the making of too) on my television. :(