BoA

Discussion in 'The Music Forum' started by freezingkiss, Jun 10, 2007.

1. Kang

Kang Kenkyuusei

Posted a greeting elsewhere, but what the heck, belated happy birthday BoA! Please stay as mind-blowing awesome as you are. <3

2. Kang

Kang Kenkyuusei

BoA's "THE FACE" album has leaked! I'm hoping this won't do real damage to its Oricon standing. O:

3. hanabi

hanabi Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    aiw78346
    Even if the super early leak won't do that much damage, the reviews might, since I've been hearing some people (who are pretty big BoA fans already) say it's her worst album to date :shock:

4. wakaba_doll

wakaba_doll Kenkyuusei

^ THE FACE = THE FAIL.

5. Greta

Greta Kenkyuusei

I haven't heard it. o: But, is it really that bad?

6. maakopla

maakopla Kenkyuusei

well I think Boa is really pretty and she has a nice voice. It's about a time I see her in some drama...^^
    Though I'm a bit late but happy B-DAY! I think I should go dl some of her newest songs I haven't got yet.

7. raijin

raijin Member

Kwon BoA! i tend to like her "slower" songs..

8. milaya

milaya Kenkyuusei

I must admit I like the song Sparkling from her newest single Vivid. Think it's the best song she's released in a while.

9. hahaxwill

hahaxwill Kenkyuusei

Dead, after being struck in the heart by Chiyuu~
    Agree with Milaya :]
    I don't like Vivid.. nor the PV. =_=;; All her recent songs have just been blehhhh. I like the old BoA!!! From... about Sweet Impact and back?

10. Ayla

Ayla Kenkyuusei

I haven't really been keeping up with BoA recently, but I just saw this news.
    BoA Plans to debut in the US

Uhhhh...Utada already tried and failed pretty bad at breaking into the US music scene. So..I have a feeling this wont go over well at all. :lol:

11. Datalanche

Datalanche Kenkyuusei

Oh dear God, here we go again... XD

I think her chances are small. I can't speak for all of America, but in my area, people kinda shrug off asian acts as too weird or different. Plus, American music is so random, fickle, and saturated that it's just... messy. I don't expect her to make it too big. She could have some success if she can make her english sound 145% fluent and get some good studio behind her.

For Utada though, she dug her own grave with that album. Seriously, it was the worst compilation of songs I've ever heard. Japaneasy? :x

12. hahaxwill

hahaxwill Kenkyuusei

^ Utada's other songs (the ones from games) that were released though.. were hits xD Which she should've debuted with those songs in the first place... (Simple and Clean, and Passion). ;~;

And BoA... yeah. I think her chances are small too. She been creating the weirdest music lately.. I don't really like any of it either. The newest single was like... bleh. Notice how in that post she topped Oricon Charts.. when she was young. Her young career was the best!! I loved it :] (Though it does get tiring if you overplay it too much xD) Asian music is yeah, completely different from America's... America mostly likes the hip hop/rap songs =_=;; and she still has a bit of a weird accent in her english >_<;;

but she does have a lot of fans in America I think... so she might be able to do so-so?

13. Ayla

Ayla Kenkyuusei

They may have been hits, but I think it was because of the niche market (video game fans/etc) they belong to. I don't think the general music buying public would have been too into it.

The only thing that may be helping BoA is that they have a popular(?) name with her. I've never heard of him, but apparently Flo Rida (who did "Low") is going to be featured in the remix. I dunno..I know things may work out okay for her, but I just don't think the US music market will take to her. It is possible if they market her correctly, but..yeeaahhh....I'm just not so certain about it all.

14. milaya

milaya Kenkyuusei

I also have my doubts about her trying to break through in the US.

Previews/teasers of "Eat you up" PV.
    - which should be the song she'll debut in the US with.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APa8Lx92uYM
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ6reTH9 ... re=related

Her english seemed to have improved a bit.

I must admit, I have no idea what's hot when it comes to American music (since I don't watch mtv or listen to the radio anymore) - because the last time i heard music from the us, I didn't like it to say it nicely, so why bother trying to like it, when it's not my taste of music.
    I like the clips so far i think they're really interesting (at least the first one, the 2nd is more dull), the song itself is so-so, but when it comes to making it in America, I think her chances are small. The American industry is different than the Asian/Japanese like you other said.
    I whish her good luck nevertheless.

15. chou

chou Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    you <3
    i think the song's pretty hot, and i'm excited to hear the whole thing. but i really hope that if she doesn't do that well in america she releases the song in japanese or korean, 'cause i think that'd be cool too.

16. milaya

milaya Kenkyuusei

I would like they used the first clip (the one with the water and etc) as the PV in the US, but seems like they'll the second clip as promotion.

17. hahaxwill

hahaxwill Kenkyuusei

Whoa! O_O;;

Nice... I have a feeling this song will do good xP
    Crazy dance moves for BoA! :]

18. kaito

kaito Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

You know, I've had no interest in BoA before, but once I heard the news that she was going to try break America, I was curious to see the song she was releasing. I thought 'Eat You Up' was a bit average, but it got stuck in my head and now I really like it. I watched some documentary of her over in NYC training and everything, and she's putting a lot of effort and dedication, so I do hope she gets some success.

19. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    I have to wonder how she'll do in the U.S.'s market. I can't think of a single Asian artist that has actually done really well here.

I, too, like the Korean preview more than the English one.

20. Naomi

Naomi Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

I really hope BoA does well. I like "Eat You Up", too! I didn't like it at first, but, well, now I do. :XD: Hopefully I'll be able to buy her album, too! :D