Single AKB48 43rd [Kimi wa Melody] (2016/03/09)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Smartiesdoodle

Smartiesdoodle Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    In my opinion, for maeda ami or miyazaki miho or other pushed member who starting to get pushed back..that is how management work. The good thing for being pushed is you got a lot opportunity, more number of spot and screentime. But the downside of the push is you cannot depend on it. When the push method is being transferred to another younger member..all the opportunity will be taken from you, you can only depend on the fans that you've been gathered when you received a push..
    For me kojiharu is a good example of getting an advantage from the push. Now even she's not getting too much pushed anymore..she won't lose her fans or a job. Cool as cucumber, still getting a good side spot

So yes, some of people in here might get a stroke from the news..but hey, this is not a new thing for us right? The management's changing pattern of pushed (but it's just going around in the same circle of member) I just really hope sakura will use this opportunity smartly. This thing won't last forever..I'm sure miion will be next.
    So congrats sakura :D

And does anyone have a new link to this song that have much much more better quality?? Thankyou so much

Sent from my SM-A300H using Tapatalk

2. ABF48

ABF48 Member

hoho the song is definetely much better than kbmb + HN get combined lol and better than 365 song too imo. but okay, its just 30s review so i cant judge much

and the announcer said, the center for the single where maeda and yuko participates is.. kono hito ni !! lol i was like "kono hito ? hahaha.. she have a name dude !! or you dont know her name ? [hehe]"

miyawaki sakura please make yourself popular so peoples wouldnt call you as "kono hito" lol

Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    The song is ok; seems like they are going for an even more mellow melody than Labrador Retriever, but still upbeat. Costumes are nice and neat (LOL), I guess it's not the usual flashy idol costumes, better than the hiphop look of Green Flash at least.

I'm ok with Sakura being center, I would have preferred or expected other members but Sakura being center makes sense as well.

4. kkitty

kkitty Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kuriharasae
    Sakura has a very visually appealing face and body so to me it does kinda make sense that management would let her be the solo center so that they can milk the general public in addition to the wota.

Yes Sakura is also very popular, her gravure sees to that. Her fans will also argue that she has a great personality, to which I have no comment XD, but overall I can only think that Sakura's momentum will continue (fortunately or unfortunately ) so it is within reason that management capitalize on this.

In regards to the whole 10 year anniversary fiasco.... yeah. Poor grads. They tried to get away from this mess only to be dragged back.

5. aratafuru

aratafuru Kenkyuusei

Wow, the songs are getting worse and worse IMO. Halloween Night was barely decent, but quickly forgettable. Takamina's song was kinda horrible and not sure if this one is worse or not, but it is just so cookie cutter idol-ly song bleh.

• Like Like x 1
  6. richard durbano

richard durbano Kenkyuusei

The reason this website becomes nothing more than a massive bitch session is obvious. There are so many members, all of whom have so many fans and those fans have so many different preferences in regards to type of song, type of dance, type of costumes, not to mention the preference in regards to line-up and the inevitable omissions, etc., etc., ad infinitum, ad nauseum. Absolutely no one is going to be completely happy with everything. The odds of that are incalcuable. So everyone seems hell bent to complain because they can always find something to complain about. Seems so pointless. For myself, I'm going to enjoy everything the girls do until the groups are no more. My two cents.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Doodleboy

Doodleboy Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    This song actually sounds pretty good. I wonder what part the graduated members have in this song.

8. richard durbano

richard durbano Kenkyuusei

Maybe the grads are just coming back for the music video.

9. Doodleboy

Doodleboy Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    No, it has already been confirmed that they are a part of the song and the members even said on Social Media that they have recorded for the song already. They didn't appear in the Request Hour because they were all busy with acting gigs.

10. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    I'm obviously overjoyed with a solo Sakura center, as a Sakura oshi. I wasn't expecting a Sakura solo center for any songs except HKT48 B-sides, much less the center of the single that's supposed to commemorate AKB48's 10th Anniversary, so I'm jubilant, over the moon and elated, all those things, that such a magnificent chance was given to her.

That's coming from the perspective of a Sakura oshi though, so I can see why AKB48 fans might not be so happy that an HKT48 member is centering a single like this. For that, I'm of two minds. Since I switched my main group from AKB48 to HKT48, I started to see from the point of view of sister group fans and came to dislike the kennin system, thinking of it as poaching talent from the sister groups. When Jurina renounced her kennin position, I deeply hoped Sakura would do the same and return to giving her full attention to HKT48, my favorite group. Of course, that was just me being selfish, because Sakura doesn't see it that way. I remember from the beginning, when her kennin was just announced, talking to her and she was so excitedly telling me that this was a good chance for her to learn from her senpai and bring all that back to HKT48. A couple years have passed and while I've grown frustrated that AKB48 is taking up so much of her time, I've seen her growing and taking in experience, but most importantly her heart for HKT48 is still there. So I recognize very much the symbiotic relationship that Sakura has with AKB48; she is definitely benefiting from being there, and being able to solo center an AKB48 single is beyond anything HKT48 could have given her at the moment. On the other hand, management gets a fan favorite that they can continue pushing.

Whether this is the best move AKB48 could make though...I don't know. I'm also of the opinion that AKB48 needs to stop just talking about the next generation and actually proceed with the next generation, without holding on to the old members as a safety net. They've talked about the "next chapter" ever since Acchan graduated and largely bungled how they should've handled it to the point that there's no longer any meaning to it. In that respect, I think Mayuyu or Paruru, a member exclusively attached to AKB48 and not the AKB48 Group, would've been a better choice for this or even going onward, but none of us fans know for sure what management is thinking. If they were startled by Jurina's willingness to abandon AKB48 for SKE48, giving Sakura a solo center is as good a way as any to tie her down to the group.

In conclusion, I'm very, very happy for Sakura. For the future of AKB48 or HKT48, I'm more ambivalent and hope they have a grand plan in place. As Sakura said in her sousenkyo speech last year, to create something new you must first break the old. I hope that going on, past this 10th Anniversary Commemoration, they have the fortitude to make a clean-ish break from the old and focus on building up a group that is as strong or even stronger than AKB48 was in its heyday. How much Sakura should play a role in that, I'm hesitant to say.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Kappa

Kappa Kenkyuusei

LOL. A bit off topic but did the news announcer say OG as in the slang word "original gangster"? Never knew the word og made its way to Japan not to mention a news broadcast.

12. Smartiesdoodle

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Doesn't it mean Old Girl ( not by age but by generation, like OG member or something...more like old gen)
    Correct me if I'm wrong please :D

13. Kappa

Kappa Kenkyuusei

Ahh you're right. It means old girl as in alumni. But either way works fine lol. :^^;:

14. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

if the video does not show watch the video here

credit : uploader

15. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    It's a really nice song, actually. Not very outstanding, but sweet and soothing. Kind of Nogi-ish. At least it's not terrible or something lol it's a good song.

16. Smartiesdoodle

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Agree with ashibata san, good but not outstanding..this song needs to be pushed by mindblowing MV to stand out more which is why (maybe) they need an old gen (aside of this is AKB 10th anniv single, this is only my imagination, just ignore it)

17. darkserenity24

darkserenity24 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    gotorara
    "This might be too forward, and it might too brazen and rude, I want to destroy AKB!"

Slow clap.

Take that, salty fans. Hahaha

18. ABF48

ABF48 Member

i take my word back. the 365 song is better

19. SorrowAir

SorrowAir Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Truth be told, I have far, far, far less problem with Sakura being center than having grads in 43rd. After all she's a next gen kennin who have wcentered akb single before.

I'm now wondering what is to be of the grads, like what're their purpose of being there now? Isn't this supposed to be 10 anniversary? I thought if the grads are coming back anyway, why not make their role more prominent?

Will have to see the MV and find out what kind of message they're trying to send.

20. newAKB48fanboy

newAKB48fanboy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nakadakana
    Ironically, I think it sounds a bit vintage AKB; like something that would've been released under DefStar