1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Stage Team A 7th [M.T. ni Sasagu] (2016/02/10 - 2018/05/16)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Nov 14, 2015.

1. trxsh

trxsh Member

This stage really stuck to the image I have of Team A, that is, the team that represents AKB the most with its superstar, mature, mainstream pop feel rather than just the basic, "underground idol" shtick. This is a good thing. So I'm happy!

As I had suspected Hiwatashi was promoted and had a big role in the stage.
    I'm not really partial to anyone in Team A (well, I'm kinda becoming a Myao fan the more I see of her) but the standouts for just for their objective appeal were 1. Miru 2. Sakura 3. Myao, and 4 Nanami. Honarable mention to Megu and Hiwatashi because I think they really have potential, I understand what mgm sees in them

- Hajimaru was a great start, it reminded me of Mokugekisha in concept and styling but I'm not sure if I feel like it was a total rip off yet. I really like Napoleon style coats so I'm all for it.
    - Aside from Hajimaru, the only song from the first set that didn't seem to drag on was Lavender Fields, super pretty song.

- She is gone is really the unit that aligns most with my tastes, styling and genre-wise. Can't say I actually adore the song itself but man, Miru RLLY BROUGHT IT. She is another one of those members who is not rlly my cup of tea so I kind of ignored, but she has rlly harnessed her own aura. Ofc I'm probably late on this since I don't follow NMB. You can tell Megu definitely has potential as well, if not only cuz of how striking her looks are. Her skin is super white and pretty like Paruru and Kojiharu.
    - Yume de Kiss me, this song is the only one where the hook actually stuck with me, it's super catchy and a perfect idol song. Sakura was so fluffy and pink and adorable, really really awesome. I'm actually stunned that her vocal recording sounded alright. Even the heavily doctored and autotuned recorded version of her voice used to be the most horrendous, tone-deaf sounding mess (see Kanojo, as much as I adore that song, I think the arrangement is gorgeous lol), so it's an improvement lol. I think she is getting lessons, which would make sense since they plan to make her an ace of AKB, so I won't be surprised if she ends up like Acchan; totally unbearable in the earlier recordings but managed to train to a point where she is still not an great singer, but endearing, charming, distinct
    - Make Otoko, was good, from what I can remember another rock-style unit with great singing. I don't think it was a dump unit like some ppl were saying, it was more like "the unit with all the variety members who do the MC later" like Mangekyou, 16nin Shimai no uta, Itoshiki Natasha, Confession....

The other 3 units didn't really do it for me. Yui's solo will sound really good in the recorded version, she just didn't pull off the live vocal perfectly, but it's fine. Paruru looked super ill in the duet, borderline emaciated, so it's good she wasn't forced to do a full setlist.

-M.T. ni Sasagu (the song) I really loved the demo version for and the final version lived up to my expectations, it's a beautiful song and it wasn't killed by sub-par vocals. Team A actually has great vocalists in Komari, Shiichan, Miru, Chiyori, Myao. I'm looking forward the recorded version on the next single. I can't understand much Japanese unless I'm really focusing so if there was a lot of gaudy tkmn worship then that aspect flew over my head :p

I'll have to give the second set of songs another watch because at the time I was basically out of it lol but overall I have a good impression of the stage, even if the songs weren't mind-blowingly awesome, they represented Team A well, as I said earlier

I hope Team K gets a new stage soon as well ><

Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
  2. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    I wonder if Yume de Kiss me is like the continuation of Kanajo? Like the style is exactly the same~~ I'm really liking that song now the more i listen to it. It's super idol-ish and just so cute.

3. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

Well, the nervousness is real. As expected of Original stage shonichi...

KojiParu combi looks promising, if they keep performing it. I won't get my hopes up and instead watch how their under develop.
    Naanya get another trust, not push, from management. Now that's what I call "External Motivation" !
    She is Gone? this one need Steel Heart reference lol..... Pun aside, I'll keep tab to how Mirurun (And Yukari, to balance Megu) develop here.
    Yume de Kiss me actually is the best vacant position for any girl who is Sakura under. Talk about solo performance experience, but without hard difficulty on the song.
    Anyone who said Make Otoko is dump unit, go waste yourself in nearby dustbin lol. My eyes on Myao and how much she will resurface back later.
    Yuihan got a challenging song it seems.

Not gonna comment on group song and formation since it very much varied, but it's good to watch something new coming from the mothership group.

4. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    I really like that there is not just ONE important/center member in this stage... It feels like so many people get a good slice of the cake. And I'm loving the Myao love in this.... And hating all the excess of Sakura in this.

QUESTION: When they release the stage DVD, is it for the Shonichi or the Senshuuraku?

5. flutterbyu

flutterbyu Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    I don't think the stage DVD is ever the shonichi. They'll give them more time to practice it before they record the DVD

6. Deyan

Deyan Member

Twitter:
    MrWeilai
    What a good stage!
    The first four songs are so good, I cracked the biggest smile ever when Lavender Field started playing! This song is quintessential AKB, my favorite kind!
    I'm glad to see Kojiharu having fun during the few songs she performed, nice to know that old baba-san still likes what she's doing.
    Annin was radiant, she melted my heart.
    Mirurun: kennin position done right.
    Glad to see the future is bright with Hiwatashi, Taniguchi, Yamada and Owada, they did more than good.
    I think Make Otoko is my new go-to song for RH, the song is good and I love these girls!

Not enough Nattsun for my taste though, I can't wait for whoever she's subbing for to go away. :^^;:

7. TakaErepyon

TakaErepyon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Ok FINALLY I WATCHED EVERYTHING! Overall this is one of my new favorite stages. N3 and A5 have always had a special place in my list of favorite stages but A7 has totally overridden those stages on my list. Mirurun blended so well with the other members especially Nanami who got me super worried since she has been dancing simple stages (aka A1&2). This stage was really well planned and nothing seemed rushed which made myself super content. I honestly thought the songs were going to be BS, but Aki-P proved me wrong.

MVP GOES TO HIWATAN! She always had a star sparkle in her and I was so happy when she finally was promoted. I wanted her to be promoted back in the fall, but the wait was all worth it.

The only things that bothered me was that the outfits in the first song up until the third, was super bulky. Dont' get me wrong, the outfits were nice but they looked like they were going to die from the heat inside those outfits. Then again, that's stage outfits for you.

Although I thought the stage was going to be super bad with Aki-P always trying to produce more songs than what he already has on his plate, the wait for the new stage was ALL WORTH IT. I can't wait for the stage to play again, and the songs to be preformed at concerts. A7 is truely a jewel.

8. Marieyu48

Marieyu48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    First time experiencing an original stage and I really like it :XD:

Hajimaru is normal, I like it but not love it
    About Prime Time, idk if its the clothes but it remind so much of Oh!Baby. The rhythm, the high notes and the clothes.
    I absolutely love Sagashiteageru! The beginning got me goosebumps
    And then Lavender Field, it has the vibe that is going to be the popular song of the stage (like in A6 is Pioneer or in B5 is Team B Oshi)

Risuke is a good song but is forgivable. I like how Kojiharu's and Paruru's voices join together.
    Seifuku Bikini may be my favorite unit song (after she is gone), the music is cute and the members gave their potential.
    She is gone is my favorite unit song. I'm impressed by Megutan's potential at the performance. It remind me of Arashi no Yoru ni wa because of the chairs and the music of course.
    I don't like that Sakura got a solo when she's a kennin but I think the songs saves it. Is really idol like and remind me of Kanojo but is actually really good.
    Make Otoko wasn't my cup of tea until Karen appeared and made my hopes up and I turned out liking the song. Also, I'M SO GLAD MYAO GOT CENTER! I'm all for the Myao push
    I like ballads. Yuihan's solo was good, her voice was good but the dress!!! It was so ugly! But the song is good I could hear it some times.

Monzennakacho Dance is neutral for me
    Konya, Gloria is my jam! The dance is really good and the song is pretty amazing
    Copy & Paste is also a song that may get popular because is cute and the title is interesting
    I'm having a hard time to understand how are they going to keep performing MT ni Sasagu after one or two years

I like the costumes but neither of the three songs catch my attention. Plus too much Sakura (in a good way)

9. fuyuchan1609

fuyuchan1609 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Ogino Yuka
    Where did you watch it?? I would like to watch it too ^^ thks

10. Doodleboy

Doodleboy Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    there was a live stream. not anymore. you have to find videos on youtube or dailymotion.

11. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

I'll do a more full review in a day or two but overall I liked this new stage, I thought it was a really good set of songs.

12. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

Nattsun said she is Naanya's under (in team songs), so maybe Naanya is under of Paruru... or Naanya is Sakura's under and Sakura is Paruru's under.

13. FZed

FZed Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    nakodub
    It was honestly better than I expected, but I didn't really expect much and expected even less when I saw there were TWO solo units.

Hajimaru is a good opener. It's pretty simple and rockish and just sets the stage up well, I feel. Prime Time, on the other hand, is instantly forgettable. It's so average that I kind of just space out during it. Sagashiteageru is good, but for such a dramatic sounding song it seems to lack much impact in my opinion. I probably just have to listen to it more, but I expected it to just have more oomph than it did. Lavender Field is the THE AKB song in the stage. For that kind of sound it does well, I liked it quite a bit.

Risuke is probably my favorite song in the stage. It has such a gorgeous instrumentation and it really suits Kojiharu and Paruru's voices. I loved everything about this song, honestly. I'm really interested in seeing this with unders. Seifuku Bikini was boring. It was safe and boring. Not even really a bad thing, though. It worked. Yui was cute, too. It's alright. Costumes look weird, but the bikinis themselves are cute I think. She is gone is pretty alright. Nothing special, but fills a good role in the stage. I can't stop hearing "she is gone" as "siscon," though. Yume de Kiss me, the Miyawaki solo. It was what I expected. Which means it was good. Too bad it's a kennin solo. Make Otoko was great, the outfits were great, boy Karen and his harem was great. I thought Shiichan looked really good here, too. Tsuki to Mizukagami, what an unnoteworthy solo. I'm sorry, Yuihan. You sound good, but this song is so average and feels like it drags on forever.

Monzennakacho Dance, hello hello hello. This is a great way to start up the middle of the stage. This is a great song and the costumes are so damn good. I love the aesthetic of this song a lot. Konya Gloria wa Dare ni Dakareruno? is also great. I love the choreography for this song so much. Also did I mention I love these costumes because I still love these costumes. Copy & Paste is good, but the least exciting song in this part of the stage. The choreography and use of the stage is great though and makes it fun to watch. The song is average, but good. Where did Kojiharu go for this whole part of the stage??? This was the best part of the stage, all of the songs were pretty good. Also I guess Karen is Kojiharu under.

M.T ni Sasagu is a nice song, but boy does this get awkward fast. Are we sure Takamina isn't actually dying? I mean a song dedicated to her is nice and makes sense, it's Takamina. She is important. But then the montage and the doors. Awkward.

Show wa Owannai works as a post-encore song, but also I don't care about this song at all and the costumes are ugly. Wink no Juudan sounds like a really good song. It has a really good instrumentation. For some reason it just didn't click with me, though. Namida wa Itsu no Hi ka, this is alright. I like the chorus a lot, otherwise it's pretty averagely good. I like the tambourines, hahaha.

Overall, I enjoyed it. It was pretty good. It worked. That's all I can really hope for, hahaha. I wish Paruru was feeling better for this, it's a shame but what can you do? Also don't know why Kojiharu just peaced out for the middle, that was kind of annoying.

14. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

This stage has a few new excellent offerings, especially the first 4 songs and a couple of the units. I love the variety unit (Karen's danso cracked me up) and She's Gone. I'm REALLY hoping that Hirari gets a stab at either the Sakura or Yui solo at some point. I think she could rock either of them.

Like many others, I was not a fan of Sakura's solo. Not her singing, not the choice to give her a solo, and especially not the song itself. It reminded me a lot of Glass no I Love You, which is another song I really don't enjoy.

Sorry, as much as I like Takamina, having a song dedicated to her in a new stage after she's graduated is really dumb and excessively backward-looking for a group that needs to be looking forward at all times.
    When they start passing off this stage to other groups, I wonder what they'll replace it with (or if they will simply replace the video with that of someone else).

It is a solid stage, but personally I would not call it a kami-stage by any stretch. It simply doesn't have the right spread of members and "oomph" feeling to it that some of the previous stages have had. I am looking forward to how the performance evolves over time as the girls get more comfortable with it.

15. Togasaki

Togasaki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    ^It's very unlikely that they are going to replace Takamina with anyone. To make a memorial for Takamina was the point of this song/stage after all.

16. kk127

kk127 Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    i have a feeling the only reason this stage is even produced in the first place is becuz Takamina is graduating lol

why else would they make a new A stage before a new S stage that was 70% done for about 2 years now lol

17. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    You guys don't have any idea how exciting the past day has been for me - I haven't done a an AKB Blackout since 2010, and this process brought back so many great memories of AKB's past... Good Stage in general... Short thoughts below...

M01 Hajimaru

Super-duper exciting use of lit mic stands and that fancy new back-lighting. I can't remember the song at all... but that will change with time, I'm sure.
    M02 Prime Time
    Adorably forgettable costumes, but such a great Stage song... I'd compare it to Squall no Aida ni. It goes on forever... but the use of the stage hydraulics and catchy choreography saves it. One of my favorites of the Stage.
    M03 Sagashiteageru
    Super pretty and a fan-pleaser with the lights and tune.... Reminds me of several songs, but I'll take it!
    M04 Lavender Field
    At first listen, I classified this as rather generic, but now it just feels very "AKB"... which is something this Stage needs. Lovely. I hate the costumes, though. Oddly not AKB-style.

M05 Risuke (Kojima Haruna, Shimazaki Haruka)
    So bland. Basically, a leftover Kojiharu and Acchan song. Cute video, though. So ehhh. Brought back some Team Surprise ideas.
    M06 Seifuku Bikini (Owada Nana, Hiwatashi Yui, Yamada Nanami)
    Ahh! A new song for pedophiles! AKB always delivers.
    M07 She is Gone (Iriyama Anna, Shiroma Miru, Sasaki Yukari, Taniguchi Megu)
    The music, lighting, staging, costumes, and chairs are so over-produced! I couldn't focus the entire time.
    M08 Yume de Kiss Me (Miyawaki Sakura)
    Adorable, repetitive Sakura. It would make a lot more sense to put her in a real unit with some AKB members... Just to legitimize her. But of course that didn't happen. Cute song, though. The tarp was unnecessary.
    M09 Make Otoko (Miyazaki Miho, Nakanishi Chiyori, Ogasawara Mayu, Oya Shizuka, Nakamura Mariko, Iwata Karen)
    So glad that Myao got to center another unit. Even though it's a dump unit (of great girls, though!) I can't tell if Karen is part of the unit or just a "backdancer." Regardless, this one is a winner.
    M10 Tsuki to Mizukagami (Yokoyama Yui)
    Beautiful song. Okay singing. Why are there two solos? I mean, it's nice to split up girls more in more unit songs (if a little unconventional), but come on.

M11 Monzen-Nakachou Dance
    The dance is so bland for having "dance" in the title. Otherwise... Fine? Classic post-unit song.
    M12 Konya, Gloria wa Dare ni Dakareruno?
    This one was great! Seems to be a step up from their usual "cool" fare. And I enjoyed the choreography using the jacket... As did everyone else.
    M13 Copy & Paste
    These verses are amazing, but the chorus is so bleh! Staging, looked great and similar to Kuma no nuigurumi. In a good way.

M14 M.T. ni Sasagu
    We get it, Takamina is gone. This was over-done. Proud that Myao got a nice solo line thrown in there. The video was too much. The poster was even worse. Cute costumes, though!

E1 Show wa Owaranai
    Wonderful start to an encore! Too cute... and very fitting for this version of Team A.
    E2 Wink no Juudan
    Myao all the time. Great work here.
    E3 Namida wa Itsu no Hi ka
    I don't remember this one at all... But they used tambourines... Didn't SKE use tambourines already?

All in all, an excellent beginning to a new set of Stages. Can't wait to see the cast changes as time goes by... And the inevitable choreography changes.

18. Togasaki

Togasaki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    ^To only give Sakura a solo in a rare new AKB stage (who couldn't hold a note if her life depended on it), and not Yokoyama Yui (whose goal it is to make a career in singing and who already asked Aki-p for a solo debut, ANN 14/10/08) would have probably adversely affected Yokoyama Yui's motivation for this team and this group, not to mention the blowback from AKB-only fans. Aki-p might have made similar considerations when he decided on those two solo songs.

19. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

Yui's goal is to be an actress actually. She switched it around a while ago, I guess. Realistically, there aren't a lot of AKB girls who could make it in the music industry after shedding the AKB name. I really don't think Yui is one of them either, unless she'd somehow drastically improve after AKB...which is possible, but unlikely. Even when they do sing well, the Japanese music industry is full of competition and a lot of great artists can never get signed or get shut out because there are already too many great artists out there. Actress is a much more realistic goal for most of the girls tbh.

But I digress, and back to the point at hand, so many girls who "deserve" it have gotten screwed out of positions and opportunities thanks to management pushes, what's one more to mgmt? They don't care. They may have chosen to give Yui a solo simply because she is soukantoku and taking over Takamina's position wholesale comes with a lot of freaking solos.

20. junjou19

junjou19 Member

Would you guys say this stage was centered by Yui or Sakura?

Anyway, a couple notes about the stage:

-it was frickin weird. In a good way. There were lots of kooky, fun gimmicks, choreo, songs, costumes...it was pretty fun to watch

-one of the most impressive things to come out of AKB these days. Doesn't happen often that AKB does something that actually makes me smile, but I really liked this stage! On top of the weird, kooky-ness, the choreo was decently impressive and the costumes were cute. The songs were a little bland though. Each one started good, but just went on without changing for waaay too long

-I like the way the stage balanced the team. I think this stage really suits Team A and did a really good job showcasing each member

-I though I saw Paruru smiling but then realized I was looking at Komari

-too much Sakura

-Yui's solo was really pretty and I wanna hear Wasamin sing it

-as much as I hate kennin, I really liked Miru with Team A. She didn't hog too much attention and fits into the team well. Her voice is surprisingly nice too

-Hiwatashi is eh. Don't know why everyone loves her.

-omg wtf are those peacock feather things? I want one??

-M.T. ni Sasagu will be really awkward once Takamina graduates

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk