1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Movie / DVD DOCUMENTARY of NMB48: Dotonbori yo, Nakasetekure (2016/01/29)

Discussion in 'NMB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Oct 14, 2014.

1. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

Aapon solo debut? wow, didn't saw it coming.

2. RoseInProse

RoseInProse Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuirena
    So how was the documentary?

3. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

From twitter review, most are in favor of HKT48 documentary. I'm yet to see it myself.

4. KiaRaXeL

KiaRaXeL Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    kiara_axel
    There's no sayanee solo debut? you must be kidding me :gavel:

5. MiyukiLove21

MiyukiLove21 Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    Milky4urHeart
    Well I managed to watch the documentary if anybody here was expecting there to be anything about milky well you're in for disappointment, the documentary mainly focused on aapon, fuuchan, riripon, sakipi, sayaka, and mirurun pretty much in that order of appearance. There's not really much to say about it, if you're a NMB or aapon oshi you will most likely enjoy it as non NMB fans it's hard to say I watched and most of the people in the cinema looked like NMB fans

6. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    Lol they focused on Sakippi the non senbatsu while they have Nana, Ainyan, Keira, & Yuipon for that "graduates to be interviewed"

7. MiyukiLove21

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    Milky4urHeart
    They showed Nana announcing her graduation, ainyan I don't think I remember her even getting a mention, same with keira and yuipon appeared for a bit when they showed m members closing the lift door on her while she was running for it after a m stage

8. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    My oshi Keira T----T it's like after Kamonegix management only remember her to put her in Team N and then poof!

How about Milky & Yuuri??? Are they featured in the Docu???

9. MiyukiLove21

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    Milky4urHeart
    They appear in it, milky gets a few mentions but that's about it, yuuri was shown crying and sayaka consoling her and rinacchi after the durian shounen senbatsu was announced

10. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

Not sure about Nana, Ainyan, and Yuipon since basically they did well within AND without NMB48, so why Interview them?
    On the other hand, We should be grateful with Sakipi appearance. I know I do, because how rare this occurred and we basically blind on tracking ex-NMB girls that pursue non-showbiz path(Except Shimarena and co.).

And Keira is the person that convince me that whenever someone announce grad and said she will pursue acting, don't trust it.

11. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    Wait, what happened to Keira???

12. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

long story short, she return to her ordinary life. No twitter, no other socmed, no sign of her getting certain acting job offer, etc.
    She still appear whenever 2nd gen(ori-M) are on amusement park trip anyway, like in Yuipon twitter November ago.

13. satchan

satchan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kadowakikanako
    Twitter:
    tsurisaturday
    It hasn't been two years since her graduation, so she's not eligible for acting jobs. If she still wants to do that, she may start showing up around, what, June or July?

14. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    Wait, is there such rule?? I just knew. And it's July

15. satchan

satchan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kadowakikanako
    Twitter:
    tsurisaturday
    There's a two year non-compete clause in NMB member's contracts where they can't be part of the entertainment industry within two years of leaving NMB/Yoshimoto.

16. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

That still not explain why Keira not having any socmed account(not even ameblo). Ricchan keep her twitter account active after sotsugyou. So, why go into obscurity IF she intend to return to showbiz?

Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
  17. Smilodon

Smilodon Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka
    Riichan has a separate Twitter account like all the other girls that graduated after NMB allowed accounts. Natsumin made a different account for everything, since the NMB ones all have official marks on them. The girls can freely make social networking accounts if they wish, just don't use the official ones they gained when they were in the group.

Keira is also overseas now according to Airi. She wanted to be an actress internationally, so she's studying abroad. Whether she should have a social media account is irrelevant, and is down to personal interest. Some girls may want to avoid the spotlight after being overly scrutinized for years on end.

18. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Sakipi was a good interview for the movie because it showed how someone so low on the totem pole (no one was at her lane the whole time) she was very upbeat about it. They also closed with a line from her (they interviewed her at her new radio station internship) that was very heartfelt and I feel sums up the meaning of being an idol and the fandom around it.

It was a very focused movie with a specific story it wanted to tell which, I felt, turned off hardcore fans. I would think it was more easily digestible for casuals though.

19. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

@Smilodon
    As much as I respect everyone privacy, having a private socmed account for ex-figure person is all about keeping his/her fanbase afloat.
    I agree it obviously scrutinized those person, but if he/she has a planned comeback, better to keep the fans informed albeit little, than leaving those fans to wander like ghost for the time being. But you're right. It's privacy matter, something not to be argued for obvious reason.

Back to Documentary topic. I guess it didn't turned off hardcore fans entirely. Just not as big as what is expected from a documentary.

20. QuesoMadness

QuesoMadness Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but I just got back from watching the documentary (with official English subtitles) at the Hong Kong Film Festival and wanted to post a bit of a review.

This statement is very accurate. Do not expect a fan video, nor a definitive history of NMB. This is a proper documentary that focuses on a primary theme (the struggles of being an idol) and develops it to a conclusion. As someone more on the casual end of the fan spectrum (I don't believe I truly oshi/push/support any of the members, but I enjoy 48/46 variety shows and music and was willing to wait in line 2 hours before the film to get a better seat), I found the film quite intriguing and thought the overall message was interesting. It put the whole idol industry (but probably moreso the 48 group) in a slightly new light for me.

BTW: If you aren't aware already, the big "announcement" from the film has become common knowledge, but the reasons behind the announcement may not be. I'll refrain from spoiling, as it's a fairly large part of the film.