Stage Team A 7th [M.T. ni Sasagu] (2016/02/10 - 2018/05/16)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Nov 14, 2015.

1. MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    I wanna see Naanya do it, but I want to see her sing it live. I think she has so much potential to be a decent singer, but she won't develop that unless she gets experience with live singing.

2. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Why would they do that? There are plenty of times where entire units have been performed by subs.

3. parusukides

parusukides Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Why would Paruru reject it? She has performed solos before. Sore Demo Sukidayo which is years ago but also Dear J just recently. I doubt she would do it anyway since she is still not well. However, I do think that it'll be great if Naanya gets pushed up to Sakura's position at the shonichi and Yuiri takes Naanya's shonichi position.

I wouldn't hate it if they took out Risuke completely. It is a boring song and unless they are great vocalist (which none of them are), I think their presence would be better served as back dancers in Yume te Kiss Me.

Anyway, pretty excited for this show since there'll be no kennins and it'll be closer to what I think the original lineup for the stage is but uh... Annin Bday show and she's not capable of looking somewhat alive so I wouldn't be able to handle watching closeups of her 80% of the time.

4. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

^ She would reject it because of the reason that you've just said. Nowadays she looks a bit unwell, thus unless there aren't anymore members that could perform it, she would probably reject to sing it.

5. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Paruru is a paid employee with a contract she and/or her parents signed(was a minor when she joined). She can go on all she wants about being uncomfortable doing solos. But if management told her she is doing it, she is doing it.

6. Doodleboy

Doodleboy Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    tell Sasshi that.

7. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Gladly. I would tell Ban Ki-Moon to fuck off, if I felt the circumstances warranted it.

All the members, all 300+, probably have songs they would rather not do. But they do them because they are paid to do it.

Try harder.

8. atsukoD

atsukoD Kenkyuusei

anyway, the previous streaming channel has been closed. Anybody knows the valid channel? Thanks!

9. Rurouni

Also I believe that there was a member who only appeared on some of the group songs... (hint: Kojiharu)
    Anyway, This isn't about management forcing someone to do it, it is probably management asking someone if they could do it since it happened on a short notice. They probably want Paruru to do the solo, but if she don't have the time to practice it, then what can they do? This is not something that is planned a week in advance, so yes, I do think that Paruru can reject it. This isn't disobeying order because again, I don't think management would force someone to do it, but rather asking someone if they could do it given the short notice.

Of course in the end, Paruru might do the solo. it might be Naanya, it might even be someone unexpected. Who knows? only 1 day to go...

Logically, I think it would be Paruru. But with current circumstances, Naanya is more realistic. Although I would love for Yuiri to perform the solo.

10. Doodleboy

Doodleboy Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    ??? I don't get it. I was trying to say that Sasshi gets to chose what she gets to do, like choose what TV show she wants to appear on or what HKT theater performance she is going to attend. Akimoto nor her manager do it for her.

Who is Ban Ki-Moon?

11. ArashNine

ArashNine Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shiromamiru
    I don't think it's completely safe or accurate to say that she gets to choose, or complete autonomy over her promotional activities. It's just not logical, and Sasshi isn't that big of a star to get to decide what show she goes on. What do we know anyway?

Ban Ki-Moon is the Secretary-General of the United Nations.

12. dunkindonato

dunkindonato Upcoming Girls

^
    It also depends on the situation. As @hjr1891 points out, the girls have contractual obligations to fulfill. Arbitrarily saying "I don't want to perform" amounts to insubordination. The catch is if the idol in question approaches the management and tries to negotiate a compromise, then there's the chance that the management will relent. But it's not because the idol told them to, rather, it's because they agreed to it and in a group with hundreds of other hopefuls, it's not that hard to find a replacement. The management also has the right to step in whenever an idol has demanded far too many times. That goes for all of them even if the application isn't as "equal" as I'd like to think.

13. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

We've seen that management does try to accommodate members though. We see it most with Paru, I think. Whether management thinks she needs the most coddling or whether she requests it herself, either way, she gets it. She has friends come to perform solos with her, she sits out dance parts in PVs but isn't excised completely, shows are changed to deal with her illness. Annin doesn't have to do handshakes anymore, something that is arguably losing AKS a bit of money. Karen was supposed to move to SKE but she was allowed to appeal and stay in AKB. And on and on. We can't know everything that goes on behind the scenes or how many girls were contractually pressured into doing something they'd rather not, but we do see examples all the time of the girls being treated fairly at least when it comes to work environment.

Part of this is pragmatic. Unhappy idols would cause a mutinous mood, which isn't good for business. But we've seen over the years in many different instances that the staff really cares about the members.

14. Rurouni

Since Paruru seems to be affected by sinusitis (on top of her asthma), I don't think management would even ask Paruru to do Sakura solo.

15. dunkindonato

dunkindonato Upcoming Girls

Very true. Management does a lot (more than people give them credit for) to ensure that their working environment isn't a demoralized mutinous mess. Not just with Paruru, but with pretty much any member - popular or otherwise - who gets really sick. What I was referring to is the "black and white" aspect of contractual obligations. There will always be a lot of "gray" in between.

• Like Like x 1
  16. kaisap112

kaisap112 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    The influenza has been hitting the 48G pretty hard lately, hopefully the management can account for that and possible surprise cases.

As far as stage substitutions go, I'd love a Nakamari solo subbing for Yui's (vice-captain after all, and a very good singer at that!) :blush:

17. MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    Now THAT'S something I could go for. Yui's ballad is quite difficult to sing because it's an intimate song with main high parts. I really don't think many of the current members could pull it off, besides Mariko, Karen, and a couple others.

18. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Hiwatan got Yume de Kiss Me. And Seifuku Bikini.

19. Rurouni

Hiwatashi Yui subbed Sakura for her solo.

Edit: slightly surprising since she already did her unit song. When I see Naanya performed her unit song, I thought Yuiri might have a chance to sing Yume de Kiss Me. Oh well.
    Btw, she didn't sing live. Since they must have planned for the kennins absence, then it might be that they planned Yuichan to sub Sakura from the beginning.

Also Paruru looked sick. I only tune in from Lavender Field and I didn't see Paruru in it (she did perform her duet)... Either that or because the camera focused so much on Annin.

I think Yui solo sounded better. Not really sure though. I was using headphone before and now I use TV speaker.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
  20. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah
    She did 2 unit songs already.