Single AKB48 43rd [Kimi wa Melody] (2016/03/09)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Kyouka

Kyouka Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okitaaayaka
    Wow, it's really hard for me to get interested in the mothership again when Yuko just walks in after a 2 years break and outshines the entire senbatsu, current members and graduates both, like it's not a big deal.

2. SophieShiori

SophieShiori Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Yuko has so much expression, she's great to watch... Unfortunately I feel like a lot of the newer gens, while technically the equals of the old gens in terms of singing and dancing, just lack that level of expression, which makes them less interesting to watch in this tv performances with close ups on their faces. This isn't intended as old gen/new gen snobbery, but just appreciating why Yuko is so much fun to watch in this performance; you really feel that she's trying to express all the nuances of the song as she sings it, rather than just smiling at the camera.

3. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

A nice performance, but there's nothing new under the song. The song is ok, the choreography is simple, and the graduates did what we already expected from them...

4. junjou19

junjou19 Member

I kinda feel the same; something about it bothers me...

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

5. YKT

YKT Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Twitter:
    MayuyuOrg
    AKB48 SHOW 2016-03-12 c @IXS48

Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
  6. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Annin center?!?!

I sooooo approve of that!
    She looks so bright and smiley. *__*

7. sakurazaki

sakurazaki Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    ec_delacroix
    I 1000% prefer Katorena center version over Annin's version. This song's live performance is awkward as hell and Annin as center managed to make it worse

8. MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    ANNIN CENTER OMG

I heard some pretty good live singing in there, too. Better than the usual AKB fare lol.

Barely noticed TanoTomu in the back :gavel:

9. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I love the performance with the graduates, because I love them and I'm glad to see them again <3 But yes, the performances are still awkward because this song doesn't have a choreo. Honestly this would have been perfect if only they gave a real choreo to the song. I still love the song though!!! ;w; <3 And I'm happy to see the grads again!!! Yuko did so well. Almost 2 years after graduation she's still one of the best performers of all :"> Acchan is really adorable too as usual! I think Acchan would shine more if there was an actual dance (like she did well in the Kouhaku surprise) she isn't expressive like Yuko, so the whole "do whatever you want" in Kimi wa Melody performances, it doesn't work so well for Acchan or for most members actually lol. I didn't notice Tomochin or Mariko a lot, I wish they had more attention, they are popular graduated members too .___. Tomochin didn't get to talk at all ;w;

I think these haven't been posted yet...

2016/03/11 Talking Parts

Mariko has a talking part here ^-^/
    And I noticed a little AtsuYuu moment at 0:38 ;w; <3

2016/03/11 Kimi wa Melody @ Buzz Rhythm [LIVE]

10. KAY48

KAY48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    so many annintano moments in this single:inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:

• Like Like x 1
  11. nathan_drake

nathan_drake Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    I actually think Annin fits well in this song than Sakura. and I think Sakura's more suitable for cute type or super-idol-ish song.

12. Deyan

Deyan Member

Twitter:
    MrWeilai
    Annin fits the center role perfectly for this song. :cute:

13. UrFavAsianGuy

UrFavAsianGuy Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Of course Annin suits perfectly in this song given the song's limited "choreography" :hehe:

14. Deyan

Deyan Member

Twitter:
    MrWeilai
    We mean that the musical style of the song suits Annin perfectly, but if you wanna try to be cute and throw your little shade I won't stop you, this time it's not too much of a reach.

15. natsunishi

natsunishi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Iriyama Anna
    are you trying to start the shitstorm again? please don't.

Anyways, it doesn't matter who's the center, if the choreo looks miserable with x girl being the center, it won't magically get better if y girl is the center. Annin's "version" was nice, she kinda fits to this song but it's nothing special, really. Would like see other girls being the center, too.

16. UrFavAsianGuy

UrFavAsianGuy Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Thank you for having a sense of humor and getting it was a shade. :)

17. sakurazaki

sakurazaki Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    ec_delacroix
    SNH doing Kimi wa Melody

if the video does not show watch the video here

---

I guess one of the comments above was about me? Never said that Katorena made the choreography looks better. I just said Annin made the live performance worse because I think her smile is awkward as hell and she doesn't look like she wants to be there (and since she's the center, you can see her a lot more vs her at the back row)

18. hoabinh56

hoabinh56 Kenkyuusei

They sing Japanese, so surprised [hehe] And they pronounce Japanese well
    Huang Ting Ting 's center, so great. She 's so beautiful and pure.
    But outfits 's so bad

Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
  19. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

Shade or not, it is pretty much what everybody is thinking lol

I think her center version sucks, they should have used a non-senbatsu member to cover for Sakura instead.

20. kk127

kk127 Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    i don't think anyone was addressing you tbh.
    =============================

anyway, i like Annin as a person but she made the performance looks so much worse, like her smile is plain awkward as hell and she is in a million years not a better center than Sakura lmao. Her nonexistent energy is just sad to look at comparing to Sakura's. At least Renacchi knew how to smile properly. I think Annin's center ver. just sucks and there's that lol. The choreo for this song is already tragic but you put Annin as center of the song?? :^^;: like really mgm lol.