1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

TV / Radio HKT48 vs. NGT48 Sashikita Gassen / HKT48 x NGT48 Tabeshoujo (2016/01/11 - 2016/03/28)

Discussion in 'HKT48 News & Releases' started by Togasaki, Jan 5, 2016.

1. fluffy

fluffy Kenkyuusei

its a variety show for fun, no one on the show cares who wins or loses, except for Noeppi wanting to eat an expensive strawberry or three

• Like Like x 1
  2. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

I won't mind the score thus far. You will see the final episode twist this score upside-down for de lulz.:awesome:

And actually almost everyone sucks at street fighter, relying on button spam. Only that guest who know the Hadouken combo:lol:
    Also lucky cameraman, he eat the third expensive strawberry there without winning.:rofl:

3. JoltFiend

JoltFiend Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    joltfiend
    I found it amusing to have them playing a system and games that are older than some of the members. I knew Street Fighter II was going to be a button mash fest.

4. Husky

Husky Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    gotomoe
    I love this show it's just as funny as old akbingo.
    Btw I wonder if Noeppi was seriously so upset about those strawberries to cry or it was just some kind of joke.

5. moonlit

moonlit Member

tbh after HKT had gotten to eat the previous expensieve food I was really hoping NGT would get their turn. Feels like lolis cheated them out of it, lol
    (and Noe is quickly becoming my NGT oshi)

6. DX|Takamina

DX|Takamina Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Twitter:
    DXTakamina
    Noepii was on fire this week xD

7. Togasaki

Togasaki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
  8. Momo48

Momo48 Kenkyuusei

Wow I would really love to see their discussion subbed. I figured it was too early to see the Katomina struggle, but I guess not. Would be interesting to see Haruppi and Katomina share their experiences, and also what Noepii has to say in all this too [hehe].

9. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

10. Crossheart

Crossheart Member

Oshimen:
    Amaki Sally
    Twitter:
    rom_ch22
    This episode is gold!!

And for weird that it could be, NGT catch the "flow of events" better than HKT...

11. fatrain

fatrain Under Girls

this episode was great as always.

btw, next week is last episode(( totally expected, but still sucks that another great show is ending.

12. Husky

Husky Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    gotomoe
    Sooo funny, although I felt a little sorry for girls. And Maasan seems cruel:^^;:
    I would like to see another battle show with NGT after this, like AKB48 x NGT48 YokoKita Gassen.

13. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

This week episode is godly! Basically almost every moment is funny. I want more of this please :)

14. trxsh

trxsh Member

I don't think the situation is the same though since they are both in the same generation and katomina only centered the first few public performances (ok, and their stage) but I guess they are trying to give her an "accelerated" version of the narrative that worked really well for Haruppi lol.

Nice show btw. I still have to catch up but Moeka is surprisingly funny and Ayakani and Ayutaro (my favs) are in so I'm looking forward to seeing everything

• Like Like x 1
  15. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

It's easy to say oh it's a narrative but it was something that was really hurtful to Haruppi over a period of a year and a half. Things turned out well but she wasn't to know that at the time. If she and her fans hadn't done what they did then maybe she would have faded into the background like Meru is doing now. The newer members like Katomina can see that it's important to be one of the front girls and that sense of gaining or losing ground to their competitors (who are also their friends/colleagues) is something that's probably constantly in their minds.

btw they should have a show where Noeppi just reads out random stuff from books or something, her voice is just too good :lol:

16. trxsh

trxsh Member

Yeah I believe she had a hard time, I say narrative because the way that they play this type of thing up for the drama and to "fire up the fans!!" sometimes makes me cringe, but it's just what they do

17. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

Ofcourse she is having a hard time, the management most unlikely planned this out considering Haruppi's struggle story is such a success. Killing 2 birds with one stone, promoted Okappa and creating Katomina's struggle story.

18. Togasaki

Togasaki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    This Haruppi-Katomina-struggle is super cringeworthy because most girls wonder if they will ever be included in their own group's senbatsu before they graduate or when they are in senbatsu, they worry whether they will be dropped for the next single.

And then you have those The Princess and the Pea-types who cry when they are not center for a single song and who are not embarrassed about it in the slightest.:fp:

• Like Like x 2
  19. Parikkuren

Parikkuren Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

It's also not even a good comparison though. As mentioned, Haruppi was labeled center of HKT for essentially a whole year before HKT's first song was released without her in center, while NGT is still young enough that Katomina's role as center is a matter of weeks (weeks which included other girls centering performances), and that does also exclude the generational difference that factored into Haruppi's situation. All in all trading on Haruppi's experiences to sell Katomina feels a bit cheap, and they don't really have any other similarities that help push that angle. Especially considering how many people react poorly to this type of story (people mocking the 'struggle' went on way after Haruppi's fans were focusing on moving forward), if this was the mgmt planned story for Katomina ahead of time, it's lazy in its execution. It's good that NGT got their first song so quickly but it doesn't help this narrative.

Idols are a story in a lot of ways, one you have to tell somehow. I hope Katomina finds her own story. She certainly has plenty to work with, lots of talent there.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
  20. Togasaki

Togasaki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Only when Kodama started centering HKT singles in August 2014 has the whining stopped. And it's not like the story was ever buried by her fans, as Kodama herself acknowledges. The term 'struggle' is something her own fans came up with. And the minute Kodama is dropped from the center, the Haruppi struggle will be front and center again, you can believe it.

Frankly, the prospect of Katomina pushing the same story for years to come is daunting. Especially considering that Kato Minami says she got accepted into NGT48 because she adopted a nickname that is similar to Takamina. Of course that's something staff would take note of.

And frankly, the only people who react poorly to this are the people who buy into this theater.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2016