1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Oku Manami (Maachan) / 2nd Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by xyish, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Wordsmith

Wordsmith Kenkyuusei

Wow, this came like TOTALLY out of the left field. So happy to see my angel again. She's aged well =)

2. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Maachan still looks pretty (and cute!) like she has always been! Maybe I'm just being biased but Maachan probably came out to be the prettiest out of all graduates (not only the present Team K)

3. Wordsmith

Wordsmith Kenkyuusei

That's why I wanna MAArry her :)

4. SoothingEarthDragon

SoothingEarthDragon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    She is still a little chubby, isn't she? At least compared to everyone else on the stage. It is still a pity she chose to graduate though. She was held in pretty high regard as part of the group and regardless of her weight issues, I don't think that was ever going to change much. At worst she might have ended up around where Ota Aika was.

Her, Yagami Kumi, Iwata Karen and Okada Kanna are probably the top 4 graduations where it felt like they left before they really reached their potential. I am sure there are others who people miss more, but they all made their way to the top or close enough to it.

5. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    no way...she really appeared on stage? That's amazing. I was planning to watch the special theater performance tomorrow, but holy shit I can't believe she came on stage lol. When she graduated, I was new to AKB, but I remember her being talked about a lot back then~

6. StellaCat2412

StellaCat2412 Kenkyuusei

I guess she share the same size with Nontii :hehe: But who cares. She isn't celeb or idol anymore.

I think Maachan enjoying her private life for now. I wished to see her more but now, seeing my little girl grew up beautiful is enough for me. I don't know for sure but Maachan debuted in really young age :( She has potential (Aki-p said that too but.... :cry2:)

Btw, I think Maachan and AKS have a deal with her appearance on the stage. She don't have any closed up (except oneshot with Ayana-san :glare:). As her fan, I want to see her more and more. But as her supporters, I have to agree with her choice. At least, she appeared after A LONG TIME.

7. Matsui Hikari

^I think you might be right. Throughout the whole performance, it was really hard to see Maachan up close. I probably only saw Maachan properly 3 times. Like you said, Maachan might be enjoying her private life so she could have missed it like the others. Afterall, who actually still remembers that Maachan is 2th Gen before this?

8. StellaCat2412

StellaCat2412 Kenkyuusei

You may not know but I'm interested in AKB in around 08 - 09 and Maachan's quite famous back then. She had really cute and loli image. But her weight seems to be reason block her to more popularity. I wonder what if she could lose a little weight (like Aki-p said when they moved her from K to B)
    Btw, she graduated 5 years ago, no wonder why a lots of new fan don't know about her :hehe:

9. Matsui Hikari

^I am not saying that people don't know Maachan. I'm saying that Maachan is kind of forgotten. There are certain members that graduated ages ago but you still remember them. Why? Because they always tend to pop up somewhere. Whereas Maachan was never really mentioned until the Team K performance.

10. gotbild

gotbild Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    If you want to see Maachan performing you can look at this, but tbh she don't seems to enjoy it.
    if the video does not show watch the video here Some also in Kimi suki PV
    if the video does not show watch the video here

11. natsunishi

natsunishi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Iriyama Anna
    well, that Kurukuru is actually a video where she seems to ENJOY the performance lol

there's a real "brickface" Maachan performance, where she looks like she'd rather be somewhere else:

12. mcbcagirl

mcbcagirl Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    lilxicanita
    It is no secret that by the end of her AKB career she wasnt enjoying herself much...as it is she was always known to be super shy...i feel that by the end of her time in team K, she had finally opened up a bit and was enjoying herself more...then the change to team b came and in my opinion that might have affected her...she was still really young and you took her out of her group of friends or coworkers and put her with girls who she most likely had not really performed with or hung out with much...then add her weight gain...we know fans can be really cruel to the girls, even with a little weight gain...
    besides, she isnt the only girl in akb that at one time or another has seemed to be completely bored during their performances...yet a couple are excused as "their persona" while the rest seem to be unforgiven...
    Im just glad to see her again...and i must disagree, maachan did have a good group of fans who still remember her til this day...just hear the cheers when she came out to perform with the rest of Ogi Team K...even if it's just for the nostalgia of things...and although we dont know much about her, it does not at all mean that we have forgotten about her or don't wonder what she is doing now...

13. StellaCat2412

StellaCat2412 Kenkyuusei

Agree with you @mcbcagirl
    I think moved her from Ori K to Kashiwagi B was really bad idea (even though her face is suitable with B image at that time and she might not follow up Reset stage, which needed more energy than what she usually used)

And I think the reason why she couldn't enjoy the time in B was have no friends to talk (though Kanachan, Yuka, Chiyuu and Nacchi were moved to B with her). In Ori K, she was their little sister (she has Sayaka and Sae protected and taught her, has Meetan and Nontii took care of her. Even Erepyon could be her older sister). She could be forgiven even when she didn't listen to Sayaka. However her time in B was really really different. She could be stand out in K because of this team were full of energy and powerful girl but in B, she was just a loli girl among a lots of other cute girls (especially when they put her , Suuchan and Mayuyu in a unit together. It made her weight issue standing out more). :fp:

14. StellaCat2412

StellaCat2412 Kenkyuusei

Watched this again and again :fp: I really miss her :cry2: I wish she would be back when AKB48 celebrate their 15th anniversary. :|

Btw, I just want to bring back some memories :banana:

15. Doodleboy

Doodleboy Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    I remember watching this video where she was annoyed with the AKB cameraman and the fact that he kept following her around. Not sure if it's on youtube anymore but it shows how she started disliking the attention she got as an idol.

16. StellaCat2412

StellaCat2412 Kenkyuusei

Really? I have no ideas about that.
    She's a shy girl (as the time she was in Team K) but also really fun if you find more about her (at least that what I saw when I watched her MV Making of with Erepyon, Tomochin and Kayachan).
    Can you find that again? I really want to watch that.

P.S: I found out that she still had some hardcore fans who often upload her vid on Utube. It's really awesome :cute:

17. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    That was part of the 1st janken tournament. All the girls were followed by a cameraman and it looks like they were not warned before hand.
    Sadly some girls didn't behave in the best possible way. The backfire was terrible (Harukyan , Natsumi Matsubara to name a few)

18. kei_chu

kei_chu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oyashizuka
    i just joined now and aaah its so sad to see her go :(

i miss maachan so much im crying right now ;-;

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2016
  19. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    BTW, she seems to be enjoying herself on Kimi Suki's MV imo...
    but in the Team B Oshi though...

20. maachan

maachan Kenkyuusei

Otanjyoubi Omedetou Gozaimasu Oku-chan :ome:

Hope you always happy and cheers

I still waiting you come back to entertainment again :hehe:

I miss you so much :inlove: