Minegishi Minami (Miichan) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by hanabi, Jun 4, 2007.

1. SoothingEarthDragon

SoothingEarthDragon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    Down what line? The entertainment world at large does not care about this election. Miichan has been in the last two management chosen senbatsus and will be part of the next. What, besides her self-esteem will be improved by making top 16? Not snarking, just genuinely curious since there must be a reason to put so much pressure on another fan to not only vote for miichan but to NOT vote for anyone else at the same time.[/QUOTE]

Well, I think the entertainment world does legitimately care how many people you are likely to draw in by putting someone on a project. Not always, but... often enough. Of course, you aren't talking about getting her into the top 7 or the top 4 where it would really matter.

Miichan is going to rank in somewhere between 14-16 this year. It is pretty much a guarantee. I mean, by all means pour as much money in as you can to make it true, but... it would be utterly shocking if it didn't happen. Last year I think a lot of her fans decided to push TakaMina to try to give her that last #1 spot that she had never gotten and... though they failed, KojiHaru and TakaMina fans are almost certain to switch over to Miichan in large numbers because she is the last of the legacy....

In fact, as long as she functionally just treads water and no one else surpasses her this year, she will rank in. She doesn't actually have to beat anyone who came above her last year. She can even lose to one more if Iriyama comes back strong. And after that (in)famous campaign she did back in December... well, I think she'll do better than simply tread water even before the no3B votes come in.

Honestly, I don't think voting for either Miichan or KatoMina is going to move the needle in either regard enough to matter. Miichan is a shoe-in for the senbatsu and KatoMina is the big shining star of NGT and is going to shoot up the ranks phenomenally the next few years unless she does something really destructive.

Out of the four Rainabow has listed there, it is those last two that need all the help they can get in order to avoid being relegated to irrelevance. The girls who aren't in the senbatsu for their own groups and aren't going to get to be in the future unless the fans stand up and show a real interest in them are the ones one should prioritize.... and Momoka, sadly, gave up on that hope a long time ago. So the choice about who needs and deserves the final push for working hardest for the longest time without proper reward and recognition for her contributions the most is obvious.....

Miyazaki Miho.
    Because she fell from being senbatsu member to never ranking in without ever having any sort of scandal at all, just being cursed by the fickleness of fans.
    But, she isn't on your list, so go for the final one.

Miichan is going to have her long awaited return. Kind of whether or not the overseas community backs her.
    KatoMina is going to be in the senbatsu within the next 4 years just like Sakura has been.
    And Momoka has already given up and claims she was never in the group for the fame and glory in the first place.

2. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    Even after 4 spots opened last year it still wasn't enough, so let's not get ahead of ourselves ^^;;;; let's just do the best we can this year. 5 spots are open so it's more of a reason to not get too comfortable. But really, who we give our votes to is not anyone else's business.

3. SoothingEarthDragon

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    Fair enough, but I just highly suspect that a lot of votes that would have gone to Miichan last year went to TakaMina because it was guaranteed to be her last go and, similarly, a lot of TakaMina and KojiHaru fans know that Miichan is their best friend and the last of their trio in the election and will want to support her.

But, realistically, 100... 200.... even 1000 votes don't end up meaning anything at those highest ranks. But it can make all the difference when you are talking rank 48 or below.

4. StellaCat2412

StellaCat2412 Kenkyuusei

I'm not really a new generation fan. I'm just interested with some of them but that not enough for me to give away any vote (which actually for my kami oshi). Of course I have no right to say that you guys should do this or that. However I wonder if every Miichan fan think that she is strong enough, she is good enough and share their votes for other girls, who can be sure that she could make into senbatsu? Who can sure?

You have your favorite and I have too. I don't say that you shouldn't vote for them instead of Miichan but PLEASE REMEMBER this is Miichan's thread. Posting anything about your voting plan in anywhere you want but not here. Your comments just show that Miichan is losing her fans, her votes and that all.

P.S: THE ONLY THING I WANT TO SEE IN AKB SOUSENKYO IS MIICHAN'S SMILE. I want to see her happy face once again. Not teary eyes or a " fake happy face" she showed in last three years elections.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rainabow

Rainabow Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    You guys are tearing me apart. I already said I would be voting for Miichan. I've supported her since around 2007-2008. You guys think I'm just going to back down now? No. I'm a broke college student. It's already hard enough for me to scrap up money, however, my finances are barely any of your concerns. I love Miichan, I'll stick beside her no matter what. It seems you guys thought I wasn't going to vote for her but, that isn't the case at all. This is my first time thinking to myself, "When Miichan graduates, I can still stay a fan of the 48groups because I have KatoMina." She is the second member to actually grab my heart like Miichan did back when I was a kid. I want to support my current oshi and my future one. That is all.

6. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

So that's how the new pub looks...I'm quite surprised to see so many signs in English. The day I visited the tearoom I'd swear everything was in Japanese (or perhaps it's just that I was so frightened that I didn't notice it... [hehe])

7. StellaCat2412

StellaCat2412 Kenkyuusei

As I said, I have no rights to say about your voting plan. My main point is MIICHAN IS LOSING HER FANS AND HER VOTES.
    You can believe that if you share any vote for other girls, that is not problem for Miichan because (once again) she has more fans than other girls. In contrast, I BELIEVE that Miichan can't make into senbatsu if her fans don't give her 100% (or more) support.

P.S: I think the difference between us is I don't like any new girls as much as Miichan (or as much as be considered 2nd oshi like you). That may be reason why I can't understand the way you do. Of course our beloved Miichan treasures every single vote her fan giving to her. You should keep your plan as you want. I just have some differences :(

8. Rainabow

Rainabow Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    She isn't losing me. I'm not saying, "BYE MIICHAN, I LOVED YOU, BUT BYE." No, I'm not doing that. She isn't losing fans. If anything she gained some back this year. I'm still supporting her, I'm still voting for her, all this negativity that she is losing he fans isn't going to help her get back into Senbatsu, if anything is going to make people lose votes and ask themselves, "Why am I voting for someone who is losing fans?" Don't worry. This year we have KojiHaru's fans and TakaMina's fans with us. We have all the fans of the original 1st generation as well (Or at least I can hope). Don't worry.

9. SoothingEarthDragon

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    In what way can you imagine Miichan losing her fans? Who exactly would abandon her this year that didn't last year and for what reason?
    She had that major CM campaign, she got to be the star in a drama this years when the last one was... 7 or so years ago?
    She is naturally going to pick up all the no3b/1st gen fans this year.

She has more reason to get good results this year than last year. There is every reason, EVERY reason, to think she will glide into the senbatsu just from graduations and rejections to participate alone. Yes, she slid a few ranks last year... but that was because the HKT superstars who had concurrency in AKB inevitably pulled ahead of her. Who exactly is going to do that this year? KatoMina? Yabuki Nako? Not likely. They will rank it, but they aren't going to shoot straight to the senbatsu on their first year of ranking in. Only Ikuma could do that, and only because all of Nogizaka was behind her. Kizaki has had a so-so year and Anna taking a year off probably will damage her standing. Seriously, who do you think stands as the serious threat to surpass her and destroy this dream?

Relax. Miichan will make it. Even if everyone who reads what I wrote here decides not to vote for her at all, its not going to shift her ranking a single place.

14-16. That is where Miichan will be. There is virtually no chance it won't turn out this way. I can't say which of those ranks she will take, but it will be somewhere in that range.

• Like Like x 1
  10. jade

jade Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    jade9454
    I chatted with H-chan a while ago. This year, due to Chinese government had limited the amount that one can transfer Chinese ¥ to foreign currencies, she has to stop hosting sousenskyou project this year. She also said that lost of Japanese fans were tired of sousenkyou
    now please let me say something abt the situation from what I see
    may be Miichan isn't losing much fans, but on the other hand there are other members who are gaining lost of fans
    yeah, we have 5 slots open this year, but 1 will probably go to Haruppi, 1 can go to Dasu
    so 3 slots left. Then behind Miichan, we have Nao who highly will get SKE's hako oshi support, Naachan and Mako who fans want their oshimen to have a stable position in senbatsu, Yuria and Renacchi, Juri who have manager favor like Ricchan did. Not mention to Annin...
    so yeah, I can't say that Miichan's in a safe zone this year

11. StellaCat2412

StellaCat2412 Kenkyuusei

I think like idol like fan :fp: Miichan said she's negative personality and so am I. I'm scared to see her tears. I'm scared to see her trying smile and give her speech like last 3 years elections. I spent money from last August for this event. You can't imagine how frustrated I was with myself when Miichan's in UG last year and seeing other girls in senbatsu. I didn't think that could be happened but it's the result last year.

I have no confident like you. Miichan (someone can say) is deserved with that range. However nobody can sure what can happen in SSK. What if other girls have fans who spent money the whole year like me? What if she's out of senbatsu because of just about 100 votes?

P.S: I'm quite negative but nothing can be sure in AKB SSK. :fp:

12. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    H-chan can't do it? D: Daym, she was our strongest soldier overseas. óAò

What can we do, in that case? Is there someone who can host the project this time in her stead? I hope someone steps up and takes the task ;w; Preferrably someone in Japan of course... This should be the biggest project to date, since it would be the last. I hope it happens. (I know the usual, decent thing is to say "YES, I WANNA HOST IT" but I have no experience with this sort of stuff and I'm not in Japan either so in my position it would harm more than it helps. Not to mention I don't have enough time to do it TT___TT)

And we should take into account the votes she lost in 2014 would have been enough to let her land in Undergirls Center that year. We could say that 100 or 200 is not that much, but anything can help. 700-ish votes were the difference between Haruppi making it to Senbatsu and staying put in Undergirls. Even within Miichan's tier, the results could change with just some couple hundred votes. Look at Tomu and Kaotan zooming past all of us XD Senbatsu is never secure unless you're Top 10.

Personally, I'm starting to consider cutting my expenses a little bit more so I can buy at least two types of the 44th (This is the third Sousenkyo I take part of and I can usually afford only one single + a couple more fundraising votes). I have heavy Osomatsu expenses this month (in the form of AMAZING Apparel) and I have a figure preorder in June so I'll have to go a little tight but maybe I can make it work óvò specially since my birthday is in June.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
  13. Rainabow

Rainabow Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    If H-Chan can't do it, this might be a huge problem. I could probably ask around the Miichan facebook group, and see if any of them could host it?

14. SoothingEarthDragon

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    Okay, fair enough, you provided me a list of contenders. I don't know why you disregard Tomonaga, Takayanagi and Tani, but I can assume they just slipped you mind rather than that you disregarded them or have some bias against girls whose family name starts with "T" and just add them to your list.. although..... Dasu is Oba Mina, right? I don't know what you think she has going for her that she didn't have last year...

Anyway, I will figure your list of legitimate threats is longer than even you listed by forgetting about those three... in which case, I can concede that maybe Miichan isn't a 100% complete safe bet.

But is it really a higher calling to try to get Miichan into the senbatsu one last time?

If you are doing it because AKB48 needs a girl who will act crazy and get everyone to laugh, even if it is at her expense.... well Miichan is on her way out while it is still not too late to save Aanya who could have several years of comedy ahead of her, but it might be too late to save her next year.

And if you feel that Miichan has been abandoned by the fans for no reason and really she deserves one last "thank you" in spite of the garbage she has had to endure.... well... isn't that 10x more true of Myao who went from senbatsu to not even ranking in than Miichan who went from senbatsu to being Undergirls every year? And Miichan's fall came from getting laid against the rules and then shaving her head-- what did Myao ever do to deserve being tossed aside like garbage?

Am I really wrong on either of those points?

So, even though the international fan vote may not make a difference, don't fool yourself into thinking there is any particularly more noble aspect about voting for Miichan than at least those other two and probably more. Because being Undergirl is noting to be ashamed of-- and, at what is likely the tail end of her career, she is getting to be in senbatsu after senbatsu as chosen by the company. Miichan has done a wonderful job at widening and strengthening what it can mean to be an AKB48 group member and has been rewarded for it, despite her one serious mistake, even if she herself is somehow incapable of acknowledging it. 20 years from now when people think back on AKB48, there really is more chance that they will think of Minegishi than they will Paruru or Yokoyama regardless of how things look right now.

I am still pretty certain she will end up between rank 14 and rank 16 in the end. Even if she doesn't, she will go down in AKB48 history as a legendary member who had a slip up... in fact, in or out that is going to be her legacy.

15. mittens_220

mittens_220 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Dasu is Suda Akari, and given that she dropped from 10th place all the way to 18th place last year, it might be possible that her fans will work extra hard to put her back in top 16 so as not to disappoint her again.

I actually have the viewpoint that anyone ranking in the elections is already amazing enough because it is 80 spots out of almost 280 members who participated. That kind of makes them the top 30% of the group by votes alone, which is amazing on its own. So it's like yes, vote for your favourite members if you can (and of course within what you can afford), but don't put pressure on others to do the same. In the end, what everyone does is their individual choice.

16. Link Floyd

Link Floyd Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    Jesus Christ.

Hey, that's very easy to understand and you absolutely don't have to justify yourself to any of us! Maybe I should have used a more joking tone in my post, but I wasn't trying to be all serious and I certainly didn't want to make you feel bad at all! Sorry, man. In any case, I'd bet a few body parts that you havedone a hell of a lot more as a fan than I can even dream of.

I was replying to Rainabow, who has expressed again and again in this thread how much they want Miichan to rank high this year. It is obvious from the context as well as from me repeating it a few times in the thread and even in that post that I think Minegishi's ranking is important only because Minegishi thinks it's important. Outside of that, I couldn't give a rat's ass about the damn sosenkyo and I am the first to say that the elections are, as you say, not very important in the entertainment business. Even more, I say that they are not even that important even inside of AKB48. That is obvious when high ranking members like Aya Shibata and Akari Suda and often left out of regular senbatsu while low to mid-ranking members and even non-ranking members are included. The sosenkyo doesn't determine who the more popular members are, just who the members with more fat wotas are, and I don't know how anyone could be a fan of Minami Minegishi, or even more of Haruka Shimada or Shizuka Oya or Miho Miyazaki and yet think otherwise. I've even had arguments about this right here in this very thread with people who think the elections are the end-all be-all event in human history. It's understandable that you didn't know this is how I think since you're not supposed to know me really. However, the post that you quoted also said that this election was particularly important for Minegishi and Minegishi fans because it was very likely her last and because she has said time and time again that she wants to rank in the top 16 again. Therefore, it should be obvious that I meant to say that the only real trascendence that this particular event will have for us is that if she doesn't rank, that's it, there's no more chance to see her in the top 16, and that's pretty much the only thing fans can get a shot to do for her, maybe, kinda, sorta.

Maybe the way I put it sounded too dramatic? In any case, Rainabow, who my words were directed at and therefore is who I really care about making myself understood to, seems to have had no problem understanding what I meant, judging by the reply I got from her. I wasn't pressuring anyone to do anything, for Christ's sakes. Everyone takes everything so hard in this place, geez.

All I know is that now I'm gonna have to start drinking. Damn...

17. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Sorry but NO. Pls stop this nonsense. I am sure 99.9% of vote of the Minami and Miichan both came from their respective fan. No no3b fans or 1st gen fans... Unless they have three of them as their top oshis from the start. Either way no. How many of you know a fan of Kojiharu, for exampe, who voted for Minami and Miichan? Or did u vote for Takamina because it's her last ssk? Sure, the members are close but doesn't mean the fans care abt the members who are close to their oshi. they probably care abt the 'pairing', but not the member itself. It has been debunked with AtsuMina theory, etc. The votes doesn't roll from acchan fans to minami fans. It doesn't happen. Japanese wota just care abt their oshimen. Except if they are hako oshis and they also dont care abt OTP (which probably was emphasized in Intl fandom only).

Miichan is my niban oshi after TakamIna. Thats why Im reading the thread.. but tbh.. I doubt I will vote for her. I am sure lots of fans are like me. Please don't slack and continue voting :). I am sure overspending is better than underspending. Nothing is definite and or guaranteed at this point.

I know at least two Tkmn fans who are in fact voting for Miichan's senbatsu rival. who is up and rising new gen

18. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    Just because someone is someone's oshi, it doesn't mean that they will immediately go to support a same-gen or a close friend of that oshi u v u Everyone has a set of oshis and ni-oshis (my 2 is Naachan, so I will use her to make this example). I love Naachan, BUT I don't think I'd be able to vote for say, Kojimako or Miki by proxy should Naachan skip or graduate because there could be other members I like, or maybe I don't think the next in line is appealing enough to vote. In fact, I'm not sure I could be able to vote for any 3-oshi, or even spend nearly as much for Naachan's sake after Miichan graduates ;;;;;;;; Everyone is different and we can't expect others to react the way we wish them to. That's why we can't trust any Takamina or Kojiharu oshis to automatically rush to support Miichan, they have no obligation to. We have to do it ourselves.

19. StellaCat2412

StellaCat2412 Kenkyuusei

Totally agree with you.
    I feel like if we are not giving 100% support for Miichan in this SSK, her rank will be dropped (again). And with a negative person like Miichan, I wonder what thoughts she can have in her mind. I'm really worried for her :(

20. purekyunkyun

purekyunkyun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    Twitter:
    purekyunkyun
    Haven't posted here in forever.

Even after five years now of being a 48g fan, my feelings for Miichan are haven't changed. She's still that wonderful person that I came to love when I first started to learn about AKB. She's grown to become an amazing leader as well.

I'm hoping Miichan ranks well in the election, but no matter where she ranks, I hope we all get to see that wonderful smile of hers on election day. I'm not as well off as I was in years past, but I still plan to put in at least 1 more vote for Miichan again.

Go Miichan!