If You Were Running the 48-Groups, What Would You Do Differently?

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by piyochama, Mar 31, 2016.

1. achanoshiJKT

achanoshiJKT Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamadananami
    If I were Aki-P, I would be like Trump : Make AKB Great Again ! :^O^:
    Exclude all the sister group kennin from the main singles, but not from theater performances (Is team 8 sister group though? :^^;:)
    There might be many ways to eran money besides kennin system.

2. riduch

riduch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    I would reduce each teams to 14-18 and only 9 performing for each theatre performance, and for the single release I would cut the senbatsu and other b-sides team to only 7-9. I found this amount of member could truly bring color to the team and to enhance their total recognition, 16 members is a bit too much
    and I would definitely strict about talent aspects of the new intakes. The tone deafs definitely wouldn't make the cut, at the very least they could hold the note
    for other technical system, I'm sure it's already written above

3. oscar6262

oscar6262 Kenkyuusei

1. only 1 member from each group can have Kennin position in AKB
    SKE - Ryoha (Team S/Team 4)
    NMB - Miru (Team M/Team A)
    HKT - Haruppi (Team H/Team K) (Sakura will be like Sasshi/Jurina/Sayaka, Kami member who'll get her push in AKB anyway without the Kennin)
    NGT - Katomina (Team N3/Team B)
    2. I'll give SKE some good songs/Bsides
    3. Rara's push whould never be like it is now, the push would go to Kano>Yunana>Rara
    4. HKT's center would have been Haruppi/Sakura and 1 single for Meru//Mio double center
    5. no transfer members

4. piyochama

piyochama Member

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    @x_AozoraKataomoi_x @Alto you guys make really good points about agencies/units. Also, the point about the TV shows aimed at younger audiences is really important too. Perhaps more gravure for certain groups (like SKE) would actually be good too, since that's actually really important for 48G

5. Fina Chairani

Fina Chairani Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Mizuno Airi
    1. I will make 48 group senbatsu subunit and special stage according to their talents (singing, dancing, playing instrument, comedy etc.)
    2. Make a AKB48-only single (one single every year) (not include other groups and kennin).
    3. Team 8 become official group of AKB48 Group.
    4. Release dance practice videos (this suggestion same as @air), especially for hard dance song (like Must Be Now, UZA, Escape, Discovery, etc.)
    5. Each group has a variety show which displays different members in each episode (including KKS members and antimainsteam member on team).
    6. Make a song for a current captain and another song for a former captain (only for 48 group).
    7. Make a new stage for team that don't have original stage (Team E, Team M, Team BII, Team H, Team KIV, and Team NIII).
    8. Make an original song for JKT48 in Indonesian, English, Japanese, and Chinese language.
    9. Make a movie about 48 groups and also each group (AKB48, SKE48, NMB48, HKT48, JKT48, and SNH48).
    10. Honda Hitomi transfer to SKE48 and Yokoyama Yui (Yokochan) transfer to NMB48.
    I think they suitable in these groups.
    11. Appointed official captain for each group like SKE48, NGT48, JKT48, and Nogizaka46.
    I think it is suitable :
    AKB48 Captain = Takahashi Juri / Okada Nana
    NMB48 Captain = Kamieda Emika / Jonishi Kei
    HKT48 Captain = Anai Chihiro / Sakaguchi Riko
    SNH48 captain = Mo Han / Feng XinDuo

Actually, I still have a lot of other ideas, but now I just wrote elevent.

6. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Theatre:
    • Try and give every team a new stage every year and debut them at the same time. Make a festival out of it (Fuyu Matsuri or something) where they debut new songs and units (make the fans travel and spend money!). That way some teams who have complained about not having a full house (M and BII) could have a better chance at it. There's a diference between seeing original stuff and watching the 8996th cover of Heart Gata Virus.
    • The KKS get to do a revival.
    • Since singing (and listening to) the same songs all the time can get dull, let the girls decide the line-ups and setlists during the weekends. The Takamina produced stages were amazing (CHAOS FTW!), so I'm curious as to why other girls could come up with.

Singles:
    • Limit sister group singles to two per year (and release them in different months so the fans can earn their money in peace lol). No need for albums since they can do the 2-shots with AKB's.
    • Team songs aren't needed because the teams would get their own stuff at the theatre, but KKS songs appear in every single.
    • AKB stays with 4 and the janken senbatsu is released as a b-side to AKB.

TV:

• Stop airing shows at god forsaken hours. Start using a streaming service (Hulu, Netflix, Youtube, whatever's bigger in Japan).
    • Make different shows that showcase the talents of different girls. Singing and dancing (the X Factor and Dancing with the stars are big hits, aren't they?), comedy, etc.
      • Who wouldn't watch a show with Chiyori, Maachun, Tani, Kinoshita, Noepii (NGT), Vivian (HKT) and Nanamichan (8) doing random stuff with Sasshi as an MC? I'd just kill for that.

Events:

• The Janken senbatsu is included in an AKB single as the main b-side and not just in a solo single nobody actually wants.
    • The solo debut is a REAL SOLO DEBUT with more than just one song and a little concert in the theatre of the winner to celebrate the occasion.
    • The draft girls get a unit song in the next single of their group.
    • Since the teams now have new stages every now and then, bring back the Revival concert series.

Ah, AkiP just hire me already.

7. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah
    Members
    • Team shuffle every 3 years.
    • No transfers unless the member wants to.
    • Limit to 1 kennin member per team as to not disrupt the chemistry of the teams and to ensure that the said member will still have a chance to shine.
    • Team ace and captain cannot be a kennin member.
    • Duration of kennin should be 12 months max with 6 months optional if the member needed more exposure.
    Single
    • 1 AKB only single per year which excludes the kennins
    • Janken song as the main B-side for the December single
    • Theater girls having the song on the theater type of the single
    • Rotational center and changing like 3/4 of the lineup for every release.
    • Optional double center
    • Inclusion of dance shot PVs for dance heavy songs
    Album
    • Once every 18 months release

Theater
    • Fixed schedule for AKB48. Sister groups will not have a problem with it but AKB will always have. Announce the schedules around 1 month before instead of 15/16 days before. Team 8 would have the weekend and Teams A,K,B,4 gets 4 of the 5 weekdays. The other day can be for the KKS or a special show (restricted to a certain audience, seitansai, graduation, anniversary)
    • Relocation of the AKB48 theater for a slightly larger venue (300 people), movable platforms and no annoying pillars.
    • Changing setlists every 3 months with the captains choosing the songs unless it's a new stage. Old stages can still be used.
    TV
    • Use streaming service for all of the new and upcoming shows. AKBINGO and Nemousu will stay as they are.
    • Have member-centric or unit-centric shows with special appearances by the other members. Fans might be more into that kind of setup.
    Events
    • Expanded Janken tournament. More girls are coming in so the final round should be longer (8 rounds) which means the qualifying spots will increase for each sister group.
    • New single should be performed on a big concert.
    • Revival concert that would run for almost a month.
    • Karaoke battle for a show as part of the summer festival activities.
    • More tour dates to be added.
    Other
    • Hire more songwriters to get a lot of songs finish real quick.

8. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Hi all, after I saw some essays thrown here and there on the News & Releases threads, I think it might be better to move the discussion here. As most of it is out of topic of the thread anyway.

So, here goes. Give your best ideas on how to improve 48G.

Edit: mods, just merge it with the previous thread and bump it maybe.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 2
  9. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

There’s already a thread for this here.

• Like Like x 1
  10. CrssA

CrssA Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    tbh i dont see any possible there's a certain perfect idea which can bring win-win solution, everything had a pros/cons obv. but although maybe lot of people already judge me that i was their antis. but maybe i could share some of my preferences regarding them.

• stop the overcrowded group and make SG more independent ( + AKB48 itself ) . there's too many D3 , New Gens from each group, and mgmt tends to prefer make the 'allstar' lineup ( judging based on U-?? senbatsu in the latest single ). for me this is absolutely uninteresting. i couldnt keep up with all their groups, i would rather choose my preferences group and dgaf with the rest. what i got from this 'allstar' thing was , very few from my preferred group with bunch of girls i dont know and i would never interested to know them.
    • let AKB girls do their own handshake , and the rest of SG do their own handshakes too , doesnt need to involve them in 1 super large event.
    • increase the quality + promotion for every AKB + SG own single.
    this surely will hurt AKB sales very much. but my point was , this could make the situation getting healthier. with more independent situation ( + Massive Pushes for LOT NAMES ) , i believe it can make the situation getting better. on my personal experiences itself , why do i need to care & buy HKT singles when i just could buy AKB singles with a better allocation HS date around my place ? with current condition tbh i dont rly care which AKB or HKT would put in their latest single. i just apply on chara-ani which girl i would like to met and i dun need to waste my money to buy the HKT singles too.

cons from this was ,
    1. it may not boost enough SG sales too much + even hurt AKB sales too much. but why not restarting from a very beginning rather than keep the rotten system for many years onward ?
    2. while AKB , SKE and NMB established in big cities , more independent system could make them better. but unfortunately what i could see was this could probably hurt HKT and STU and prolly NGT too , tbh i dont see the a very strong market from their respective cities. ( just put aside the rice-farmer memes pls )
    3. AKB could lost their pride for maintaining first day million sales, and it could hurt their public image badly

========================================================================================================================================================

what i could say next was , tbh this is my personal opinion about the girls , maybe lot will disagree with me.

• make a better deal for advertisement + cm for the girls. what i could recall is only akarin , kato rena and lately yuiyui who had good deal with some top model magazines in japan. tbh i would like to see more of this, i would rather see yuiyui or akarin with some trendiest clothes , introducing what's hype among the girls these days or shared their preferably clothes for some season rather than see their cleavage in some random manga / gravure magazine.
    • increase the song quality. Yokubomono , Mushiki no Iro , #Sukinanda was dope. Bokudatte nai chau yo , Sentimental Train , Haru wa doko kara , Sekai wa doko made , Seishun dokei is ok. but im enough with trash tier Shoot Sign , Jyabaja , TT , NNM , NWM , Kissu wa Matsu shika , Ikinari Punchline. i've never been a huge fans of Kanji lately or even Hiragana rn. but what i feels their tracklist was usually very good. at least if the songs is good , even though someone wasnt really fond of the group , it could trigger anyone to get know about the group and convert them to be new fans

there's still some little point which also i could make the group more interesting such as

• how about release the janken single at spring along with the SSK votes ticket ? if only they become independent as i mentioned above , put the janken winner singles on the single alongside with the SSK votes. just put them there at the singles where everyone is absolutely going to buy.
    • if they would want to do 'another' competition outside SSK , would be interesting if it wasnt a money dick measuring contest like aikabu.
    tbh i like the idea about the singing competition , but honestly i would love to see that kind of competition was filled lot a fresh young girls rather than some popular girls. i watch the show and i learn how there's a girl named Nojima Kano and Rissen Airi who imho could sing very well which i never didnt know they are exist before. if at the end the winner was Okada Nana , Chuuri or even Ranran whats the point with this competition ? both Okada and Chuuri already popular enough to let their respective group give them solo-debut / solo-song without winning this contest. i dont hate Okada and even i watch this competition just because Chuuri + lot of HKT girls are participating. but tbh its would be better if the winner was from newer faces.

lets said , if theres someway AKB want to launch a dance heavy singles , make a dance competition. then you got Jurina or even Miichan :fp: winning it , its 100% pointless tbh.

• more regular variety show
    • new theater setlist
    i wasnt unable to catch up all the idol varieties show or even theater show due to schedules. im more likely was an event goers , so thats obviously like i mention above , i more interested with good units + songs on single tracks , more independent focused situation , so i can catch up with lot of girls then i can met them later in the HS events. but which i usually heard that lot of people i know was very attracted to varieties show + theaters. with fresh theaters setlist + lot of fresh new varieties i think they can at least attract back lot of fans who already abandon the fandom since lack of varieties + same shit recycling theater setlist.

thats prolly enough at least for me , would love to read discussion here until (hopefully not) bunch of korean sucker idiots comin

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  11. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Just some thought throwed as they came. I try to be as clear as possible.

For the theater:
    slightly more shows woudn't hurt, and more diverse, just by looking at the shedule, some teams perform more than others., they should be more strict (strict, not harsh, girls have to be encouraged to do better and better, not disgusted by the difficulty) with KKS training / formation so they reach the minimum to be able to perform in some months. Ok, there are some slow learners currently, /point Homma. Maybe she had life conflicts No one can say. But 2 years to be able to perform her 1st full stage is hella slow.
    What it needs the most is new stages. whith strong songs that can be quickly remembered and connected to the members.
    It's not about girls's satisfaction. Most of them are happy to perform, but as a part of their image, they need songs that fans can identify them into.
    OG girls had multiples. Exemple, yukirin is known for Temo Demo, no Namida Yokaze no Shiwasa, while in current gens (read 9th and after), if some girls are connected to 1 song it's like reaching the end of the earth.
    singles and album songs just don't do the job, exception for some eito songs, whose members have tons of opportunity to perform it (/point hachinosu, 47suteki).

Lately, NMB and STU brought some interesting ideas on the table with their special week performances and thematic units. They found some ways to feature their members in new concepts.
    Maybe AKB can take notice and start doing things differently.

Team 8 build a strong identity by sticking to it's concept and touring the country. When was the last time Team A, K, B, 4 performed out of the theater ? (oh yeah the 47 prefecture tour they never finished)

As for songs, IMO songs that are remembered are the ones whose music or lyrics catch the attention the most., be it catchy (Hebirote, Iiwake), waltz (Negaigoto), rock'nroll (maechika) or ballad (365)
    Perormance level is secondary. Let's be real, songs with difficult choreos are not performed that much once the promotion period is over. it's been age since the last time they performed UZA in concert.

As what AKB lacks currently it's maybe CM deals, and being featured more on prime time TV.
    But here it's all on the production side. Back in the good days, they were just everywhere. even on the most silly product. Pretty much all the singles of those years had a song used for a CM campaign.

Sales:
    It remains great and as strong as ever if you look purely o numbers.
    on the other hand the ratio sales / members was better at the peak times.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Bekti

Bekti Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    Yeah it's very interesting topic let me share some of my imagination
    1. Bring 48 group back to their original style no K pop style
    2. Invite international artist to collaborate maybe I can invite Talyor swift, Coldplay or Ed sheraan
    3. Release one English song to make 48 group known by a lof of the people in the world
    4. I want to make single like kimi wa melody but with more graduated member. If possible I want to invite all of favourite graduated member.

• Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Old Old x 2
  13. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

They actually did finish it and released the DVD with the Maihama concerts.

I think AKB4 can stay in the theatre while Team 8 does the touring anyway. That's literally the concept of the team, isn't it?
    Heck, they could just give original stages to AKB4 and 8 could just cover it in their tour.

The girls get jaded as well.
    Sure, it must be fun to be on the AKB theatre and sing AKB songs like it's the official karaoke or whatever, but many girls have called out AkiP for the stage situation (the most famous one being Churi during the SSK).
    Even Umechan, who had been in plenty of original stages was saddened about her NMB transfer because she was going to miss the new B stage (which never came, ha!).

They are also needed to show that AKB isn't anchored in the past.

WTF
    1. They haven't done anything Kpop.
    2. No international artist cares about AKB.
    3. The world doesn't care about AKB.
    4. The backlash from within and outside the group was enough for them. No more bringing back graduates.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 5
  14. Toadell

Toadell Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yukirin, Zukki, Oochan
    I would let SIster Groups release Original Singles,not just covers.+The cover songs as a double title track.
    More crossovers to make people feel 48 is in every place
    Make a WRD48 album /Senbatsu and also a Pure AKB48 sembatsu.
    Care for members in the groups more.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2019
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  15. onego123

onego123 Member

I would hold a meeting once every 2 or 3 years between fans and staff to get some new ideas, and also learn what people want most.
    More overseas performances.
    Give overseas sister groups more freedom.
    I remember a couple of years ago 2 groups released a single at the same time to see who would get more sales. I think it would be nice to see that again, and involve the overseas groups(that stand a chance) in that contest.
    If the World Election becomes permanent I would have a different sister group host each year.
    I would involve the zaka46 groups(except maybe Yoshimoto) in the Draft Kaigi. They're suppose to be rivals, but they've never done anything to directly oppose one another.
    Give the zaka46 Groups a yearly fashion show.
    I also remember a few years ago AKB held a contest where the Top3 songs got a music video. I would bring that back, but only do it once every couple of years.
    If they aren't allowed to already I would let members transfer to other groups if they wanted to regardless of group. ex: JKT member transfers to MNL, BNK member transfers to SKE, NMB member transfers to BNK. I would keep the maximum of 1-3 the same though.

16. TintedRhythm

TintedRhythm Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    I honestly just want to give more chances to the AKB girls to be in the AKB48 single senbatsu instead of being pushed aside to make way for the sister groups. At least maintain 60% AKB members with all teams represented (and no justifying that a Team 8 girl is also a Team X member).

Only one B-side per single maximum to have sister group members, the rest should only be for the AKB girls.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Heelo

Heelo Kenkyuusei

Let members graduate, stick to a smaller amount of girls like in the 46 groups. I'm sure there are gems in the bottom-ranked members, but it hard to learn about them when the only ones we see are usually on senbatsu members. Stop the senbatsu sousenkyo too.

From a business point though, I think what they're doing is pretty on top of things already though.

18. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    LOL this thread is very suitable to that w*lp guy :awesome:
    and he'll write a thick thesis why entire 48G and 46G should adopt Kpop-style management :fear:

loljk

Well, if I manage 48G, I'll:
    • Let other company beside AKS to manage SG -just like NMB with Yoshimoto, SKE with their new company, and STU with AEON (cmiiw). So, every SG girls will have their additional jobs and they're not depended with AKS anymore.
    • Make AKB-only SSK :awesome:
    • Make Eito become permanent team (which means no more kennin status w/ AKB) after Tokyo 2020 ends. Arashi going hiatus in 2020 is enough for me
    • Let the girls do "additional" vocal/dancing training. Not that Korean-style one, but at least the training that will improve their vocal/dancing (from "tone deaf" to at least can held the note)
    • Of course there's original stage(s), but I let other lyricist and composers to contribute :twisted: