1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single AKB48 44th [Tsubasa wa Iranai] (2016/06/01)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by sakurazaki, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Marieyu48

Marieyu48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    I would love the MV if it was for the fall single or the spring single but for summer single is just the worst. It looks gloomy and not colorful or energetic for a summer single. I don't even want to imagine the covers

2. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

About the country thing, they are aiming for a folk song. It was written in the YouTube description.

【MV】Tsubasa wa Iranai (Wings aren’t Needed) Short ver./ AKB48[Official]

Lyrics: Yasushi Akimoto / Composer・Arranger: Makoto Wakatabe

AKB48 44th Maxi Single「Tsubasa wa Iranai (Wings aren’t Needed」Title Song。

This work throws a curve ball with the folk song-like style that will make you want to join shoulders with your friends and hum along!

Next-generation AKB48 Team K member, “Mi-on” or Mion Mukaichi will be performing as the center!

This is a positive song that will give you a push on your back that even if your wings are lost, as long as you have dreams, hope and faith, everything will be alright!

『Tsubasa wa Iranai (Wings aren’t Needed)』 All Stars
    Anna Iriyama, Ryoka Oshima, Shizuka Oya, Nana Okada, Yuki Kashiwagi, Minami Kato, Rena Kato, Saya Kawamoto, Yuria Kizaki, Ryoha Kitagawa, Rie Kitahara, Haruna Kojima, Mako Kojima, Haruka Kodama, Rara Goto, Rino Sashihara, Haruka Shimazaki, Miru Shiroma, Ririka Suto, Moeka Takakura, Juri Takahashi, Yui Hiwatashi, Jurina Matsui, Minami Minegishi, Miho Miyazaki, Sakura Miyawaki, Mion Mukaichi, Tomu Muto, Nanami Yamada, Sayaka Yamamoto, Yui Yokoyama, Mayu Watanabe

Edit: No, I don't translate that. AKB48 MV do come with an english description.

3. Doodleboy

Doodleboy Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    ... have you not been up-to-date with Japanese news?

365 has sold tremendously on its own digitally. It has ranked in the top 50 best Japanese songs OF ALL TIME. It has been performed live more often than Kuchibiru ni Be My Baby or Kimi wa Melody, even though those two are lead singles. It was the theme song for one of the highest rated morning dramas on national Japanese television.

It's kinda hard NOT to know how successful 365 is if you are a fan of AKB, so it's hard for me to tell if you are trolling or not.

4. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah
    Well the song fits the PV but I think we could have better than that. I want the full PV of this even if I don't like the song.

5. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

is Miion getting a kissing scene ?

[​IMG]

6. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    YukiMiion is strong in this one lol

At least we know now which decade is Aki-P's flavor of the month this time around.

7. hikariayaka

hikariayaka Kenkyuusei

I like the PV, It's kinda historical but wait..
    There's a kissng scene again? Oh my.. Yukirin and Mion. :whistle:

8. Kappa

Kappa Kenkyuusei

@MocchiMooch No Impact? Not true at all since 365 was hit. Sure they might be same genres of song but 365 is VERY popular especially among the non-akb fans. Part of the reason was because it was part of a mega hit drama.

9. oji-sama

oji-sama Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kuranoonarumi
    I like how the PV is relaxing and overall it's pretty nice. The only problem that I have is that the 32nin senbatsu seems more like a 4nin senbatsu [hehe] I don't understand why there are other people in the PV instead of just using AKB48 members (e.g. the guy behind Miion while she was filming, the guy that Mayu handed a flyer to, etc. etc.)

10. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

@MocchiMooch 365 was popular even among non [akb] fans of all age. I hope that you're trolling with your post [hehe]

11. oscar6262

oscar6262 Kenkyuusei

All the fresh members but only one is missing for me here: Ikumin :cold: #BRINGBACKIKUMIN

12. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Who is the girl at the top left beside Haruppi? No, not Sasshi. The girl got a long curly hair. Basically I don't see Kato Rena, Kojima Mako, and Oya in the overhead shot. I do see that top left girl that I can't recognize. It might be Renacchi or Kojimako.
    Also looking at the MV, The front row are Mayuyu - Sayanee - Miion - Yukirin while the 2nd row are Jurina - Kojiharu - Sakura - Paruru. 3rd row? If I use the one with the red skirt, it would be Kitarie - Yuria - Annin - Yui - Naachan - Miichan. Still missing 2 person for media senbatsu. 1st is obviously Sasshi, which I don't know where she would fit in the formation. 2nd is either Mako or Renacchi, since I don't believe Oya will be in the media senbatsu.

Anyway, this is purely based on the observation about who wear the red skirt! it might be wrong, but hopefully it will be right since Naachan is there :)

13. Zato48

Zato48 Kenkyuusei

Ok, I get it. Aki-P is trying to show us a different vibe. It is supposed to be a "folk song" or whatever. And I get the historical reference and the message behind. But that's meaningless if the QUALITY of the song is poor. Folk songs can be very interesting if it is done correctly, but this song is just not well produced. The instrumental, the arrangement, the vocals are all sub-par to what we expect from J-Pop. If I want to bombard myself with pretentious motivation messages, I can just go to facebook or twitter.

14. bustergol

bustergol Kenkyuusei

really akip?? now you even using yukirin to crank-up mion!?
    thats doesnt sounded like the usual super-confident-producer akimoto yasushi at all:^^;:
    lose your touch??

15. Crossheart

Crossheart Member

Oshimen:
    Amaki Sally
    Twitter:
    rom_ch22
    Ok... i see two possibilities here:

1- A brand new type of song/mv for a new center.

2- This is the TRUE Spring single, because Kimi wa Melody was a special single to congratulate the 10 years of AKB so that wasn't the spring single of this year.

Or maybe both...

16. MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope

MLG Faze Rain_Quickscope Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    H
    Historical reference? What do you mean?

I saw the video btw.

17. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

on the contrary, I believe it's a good song for earthquake relief effort in Japan nowadays, albeit musically and vocally meh.

It is probably intended that way.

Team song, next please!

18. trxsh

trxsh Member

The colour scheme and styling are very chic and appealing to me. Since Mion is a good actress I hope her storyline will be good. I wanted a bubblegum cute summer bop but I'm not opposed to Mion centering this concept, she is so versatile. She looks very sweet and pretty here.

19. MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    The PV could be good, if the song was fitting. But it sounds kiddish and jerky, in comparison to the vintage, muted-tone classic styled PV.

Not to mention, the awkward smiling while kumbayah-rocking back and forth choreography makes me want to throw my laptop out the window

20. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

The song is terrible. Kimi wa Melody was bland, but at least the chorus got stuck in your head, this one straight up sounds like a B-side. It reminds me of some B-sides from the golden era tbh, especially Hito no Chikara. AKB has done folk songs before, Kikyou is miles better than this, just off the top of my head. I'm just frustrated with the lack of songs that appeal to me. And I'm also frustrated with AKB's stupid boring-ass drama PVs. A little bit of a backstory is fine, but does every PV have to have a 12 min long movie version for the back story of whatever the hell is happening to the main characters? Ugh. I hate that so much, I want something visually appealing like KwM, Kibouteki, Labrador retriever hell, anything that isn't a mini drama and where you can barely even see the girls singing or dancing.

This is too much for me to bear lol. Of course it will sell a gazillion copies and nobody will care in 3 months, but this is the second year they have released nothing but bland A-sides (except for BwT) and I'm over it.

On the flip side, the 70s are in vogue right now, so that might have something to do with it? I don't know much about recent japanese history, so maybe the student protests are like the BIG THING that has happened there when it comes to social justice, it was kind of a long time ago though (maybe I don't understand because there's an uprising/protest/revolt in my country every month).

tl;dr version: I am bored by this song and its PV, and I really hope there's an upset in the results of the election or that at least the KFC version 5.0 is closer to KFC than either of its boring renditions, Placard and Halloween.