1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single AKB48 44th [Tsubasa wa Iranai] (2016/06/01)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by sakurazaki, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Dante

Dante Member

Twitter:
    CurlyUdon
    Yume e no Route is so far the only good thing that came out of this single yet.

2. rendizzz

rendizzz Next Girls

once again Team 8 win our hearts with their song and pv...
    yamada centered this song is the best moment since kawaei centered tsugi no season :^O^:
    and i'm also glad odaeri finally on team 8 16nin senbatsu for this song

3. bustergol

bustergol Kenkyuusei

most of the points i agree.
    its like akip has change from 90% idol producer to 90% bimbo.
    some things that he did "already too late" for now.
    90% original young akb member treated like trash.

4. Jurisus_Walks

Jurisus_Walks Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Doesn't your first couple of sentences indicate that there are similarities in concept? Another similarity is that the groups based in other countries will be covering main singles in their own languages. I didn't state that NCT are outright copying AKB, but you can't deny that there are similarities from what we know of NCT so far. Otherwise, we wouldn't be seeing both groups being mentioned in the same breath at other online communities.

To me, Super Junior M and especially TVXQ don't figure into this equation. Not when the majority of SJ-M members are from the main group, and TVXQ was the whole group straight up promoting overseas. There's a difference between promoting in another country and actually being based in one.

5. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

Ugh, many negative thoughts here [hehe]

I love the song and MV. It suits the 70s and I can tell the story is nice. :flower: Maybe you guys have expected so much. :chuffed:

6. UrFavAsianGuy

UrFavAsianGuy Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Okay after watching the PV, I changed my mind a little.

I can see now why this was chosen to be a single. I can see this song get popular with mainstream market. It reminds me of Utada's Boku Wa Kuma which I hated at first but eventually it grew on me a bit even though it was still not a favorite.

I still don't like the song. but kudos for trying something different. When was the last time AKB had this kind of song as a single? Eien pressure? Sakura Shiori?

LOL @ Sasshi again being shafted. They chose Yukirin/Mayuyu and Sayanee along with Mion to be the "faces" of this single... Damn, Sasshi can never get decent treatment from the management despite ranking #1 twice.

7. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    It doesn't look like a Mion center song, but a Mion, Sayanee, Mayuyu and Yukirin center song. A la "sayonara crawl".

I think that this song is not that bad and I like the PV, but I agree that I would have prefered a single like this for spring or winter, not for summer.

8. liakyan

liakyan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ishidaharuka
    Twitter:
    idollia
    aah i agree, i thought the summer song would be more upbeat and poppy but i like the song still
    but this single has the ssk voting tickets, so its gonna sell well anyway ;v;

sasshi doesn't need any extra push or anything tbh, thats probably what they're thinking idk

9. bustergol

bustergol Kenkyuusei

maybe you should change you perspective from inside to outside of 48group then you will the "push"

10. banana

banana Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Team 8 song fit summery theme so well it should've been the a-side..

11. liakyan

liakyan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ishidaharuka
    Twitter:
    idollia
    sorry but what

12. UrFavAsianGuy

UrFavAsianGuy Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino

I think he/she was saying you should change your perspective from an AKB fan (who follows the groups) to an outsider (casual fan). If you see from your current presepective, sure Sasshi is VERY popular and does not need the push. If you look at it from a casual fan persepective, the girls who constantly put on "display" are Mayuyu, Yukirin, Sayane, Jurina and Sakura. Sasshi doesn't get much "exposure" in AKB as popular as she is. She's never been the "front" girls, so to speak unless she won sousenkyo, then they would have no choice but to put her up front.

13. Kudostar

Kudostar Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    sasshi doesn't need the push? She never get one anyway, it's always been her and her fans. Imagine if she never win senbatsu, she'll end up shafted getting 5 seconds shoot in every MV. Some of my friends whose sasshi's fan even make a jokes about "spot sasshi" game in every MV (outside senbatsu), at this point Sasshi's fan is getting used to that already. I feel you bro @UrFavAsianGuy

Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
  14. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Pre-scandal Sasshi was one of the most complained about members due to her strong push, actually.

• Like Like x 1
  15. チームさや姉推し

チームさや姉推し Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    mm yes so much Sayanee.
    To all you folks complaining about how she shouldn't have the screentime cause NMB - I'm sorry that your hearts are dead
    She's been ready for top 4 for a looong time. And for something like this song where vocals are more prominent than dance, she's by far the best candidate for the spot. Not a huge Mayu fan but she's not bringing anything down.
    Tbh her presence is so boring that nothing would change if she wasn't there.
    Miion's ok. Not center material yet imo but I think she can become something great. Assuming they don't give up on her push the next time they see a pretty face a la Kojimako.

I think the issue with this top 4 is the lack of chemistry. Yukirin and Mayuyu have their thing, and Sayanee and Yukirin have a little fizzle of something because of Yukirin's kennin that she never showed up for but other than that, how well do these four really know each other? Old AKB was so successful because they all knew each other so well, and management either doesn't understand that that's the case or doesn't know how to recreate the familial bonds. They need to let teams be instead of shuffling every year. Stop throwing excessive kennins into the mix. Let them bond. Let them learn about each other. The only way to recreate old AKB is to actually attempt to recreate the things about it that made it successful. Bringing back grads is not going to help in the long run.

16. kaisap112

kaisap112 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    After viewing the preview a few more times I've pinpointed what bothers me the most about this being a Miion-center: I've gotten the idea from the forums and such that Miion represents that Team K energy and spunk but what this MV is giving me is Kato Rena all over again. She just...stares into the distance and looks pretty with a face that suggests she's taken part in the American hippie side of the 60's/70's. :fear: And to me she even looks almost exactly like Kato Rena in a lot of shots. LALA Message had almost the exact same thing with the stare-into-the-distance-blissfully part.

Have I made some mistake and Miion is intentionally an Annin 3.0 (after Annin and Katou Rena)? :confused: Cause I was hoping for an energetic center more like Yuuko and less like Iriyama Anna, to be honest. Maybe the song is just bad at showing Miion's other sides.

17. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

It might help to remember that Miion is coming from an actress background. That's what she was before she joined AKB. So perhaps Aki-P thought it would be best to utilize her in a PV where she gets to act a bit.

18. Kudostar

Kudostar Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    I'm not sure what u're talking about but before scandal she's already in 9th place..but really, I don't wanna make this argument getting too long. Sasshi is okay with this..she already said in her photobook that she really want to give a chance for younger member, so does her fan..they have been calmly accept this fact, I respect them for that. So I really don't wanna represent her bad at all..then please proceed to the MV topic again.

19. Azralix

Azralix Kenkyuusei

How can you expect a high energy center from a song and pv like this? Lala message was more serene that bouncy idolness as well. Her expressions fit the song's mood, even if it means just staring off into the distance while looking pretty.

If they gave her a summer song like everybody was expecting, I'm sure we would have gotten a high energy Mion center ;-;

TTTTT.TTTTTT

I hope the story we get from the pv is worth the sacrifice of the summer song. :cry2:

20. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    4th actually.
    She had a lot of antis because of her push. If anything her scandal only reduced them, a very unique outcome, really.