Single NMB48 14th [Amagami Hime] (2016/04/27)

Discussion in 'NMB48 News & Releases' started by sakurazaki, Mar 1, 2016.

1. Miyaku

Miyaku Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    Although it has been quite a long time ago when I posted this, I still wanna take this back.:^^;:
    The more I listen to it the more I'm attached to it, its even become one of my favorite NMB songs. This makes the drop in sales even more surprising, lets hope that NMB fans are saving for the sousenkyo...

2. patapataful

patapataful Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    patapataful
  3. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
  4. oscar6262

oscar6262 Kenkyuusei

Someone can translate what Sayanee says in the beginning of the MV?

5. チームさや姉推し

チームさや姉推し Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    @convenience93 did a while back

6. Slacker13

Slacker13 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    dam..... I watched "Amagami Hime" & "Ferry".... SOOO Depressing. Seeing girls steal, biting themselves (Others?), Self-loathing?.... god- it was depressing. So I Escaped on the "Ferry"...Milky, Nagisa, even Lemon CRYING & hating that guy....WTF. SO Depressed now... I thought NMB48 was the FUN Group. These songs SUCKED. Were these "Sakura Singles" & the Summer one's are cheerier.... God they really depressed me.

7. Kawamoto-san

Kawamoto-san Kenkyuusei

actually it was released at the end of April, that's not a Sakura Single at all
    And you can go for the Team M song which is quite fun

8. Monobroké

Monobroké Kenkyuusei

Do you not like them just because they're not super peppy? lol

9. Slacker13

Slacker13 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    Nah.... I don't like "Depression" as a Theme. I don't care who does it. Depression serves only 1 purpose - to be DEPRESSING- Who wants that??

10. Monobroké

Monobroké Kenkyuusei

Experiencing feelings of all kinds--happy, sad, and everything in-between--through music/movies/etc. can be very therapeutic and cathartic.

11. convenience93

convenience93 Member

Oshimen:
    Jang Wonyoung
    I did post it before but here you go:

“In front of our eyes

There’s always pitch darkness

Inside an unseen cage

Struggling, writhing in agony

But yet, in order to grab hold of something, we keep running.”

And the end narrative is:

“In front of our eyes

There’s always yet another me that’s standing

If I don’t come to face her

And get over this

I’ll never be able to move on.”

Obviously nobody wants to be depressed but while I can understand that not everyone will take to the PV, what I actually liked about it was about how real the PV is. Sure all those things you mentioned may be sad and negative, but these are things that actually happen in our everyday societies regardless of which part of the world we may be. Also if you watch it really properly, it's not entirely depressing. The narrations above are actually key to the whole thing because I think in the end, all the characters are suggested to have come to terms with their situations and finally stopped running away from their troubles/problems. It also showed that whoever you are, whether you're street children like Sayaka's gang or a celebrity like Milky in the video, you can still experience isolation, loneliness, and make the wrong choices that you may regret. No one is exempted from that.

Rather than looking at it and just thinking it's so depressing no one needs that, perhaps you should think of it as a wake-up call that whoever we may be, even rich or poor, we all go through out struggles that may not even be apparent from the surface, but what's important is that we do what we can to face the problem instead of running further and further away. It's all about perspective!

Last edited: May 16, 2016
  12. oscar6262

oscar6262 Kenkyuusei

Thanks! :)

13. tiktok

tiktok Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kakehashi Sayaka
    This single is decent enough. Better than any 48G recent releases. They're doing nogi style song which more general public friendly. Too bad, their sales so poor.

14. Slacker13

Slacker13 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    Point taken....but I think your defending "it" is too simplistic. I don't come to NMB48 for "Depression" - I can watch a TV drama or a melodrama or watch the News or goto a Cancer ward? You goto Church to confess your "sins" or "Pray" for others. You goto a Horror Movie to feel "scared" or get Grossed out. I come to Idol music for "Idol -esque" Entertainment. Even if it was a sad song about 'Heartbreak' or Love Lost...it would still fall under the musical genre of a 'Sad Song'.

This was DEPRESSING. it was meant to be "Depressing" - It's about "Depression" - It achieved it's goal. I Personally don't think of NMB when I think of "Depression". Opinions may vary (we all have a POV).

I appreciate you taking the time to explain the context of this DEPRESSING video - Sadly, I will disagree. Idols should NEVER be "selling" Depression (hopelessness or Victimization). I don't need a lesson on loneliness or to realize "sometimes" Life Sucks for some & not others. WE ALL know this. It's called "LIFE"- Idols & their music should be an Escape from such DREARY subjects. Just my opinion.

ANYONE who finds "Value" in depression or enjoys (is a fan of) such displays of "depression"....I think there's something WRONG with you. Just my opinion. Now, I gotta listen to #Twices "CheerUp"- because I don't enjoy or support "Depression".

Thank you for your time.

15. tiktok

tiktok Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kakehashi Sayaka
    well, easy guys. Some people who can't get into the song may be will simply say, "oh, it's not my cup of tea."
    and some of them, "Uh, it's soo bad and blabala..."
    they give negative response. It's okay, and all of us can distinguish which purely bias or not. But it wont effect the song it self.
    and for me this song is okay, good, but not impressive. i like the lead vocal's voice. too bad they're not sell well digitally. May be because of poor promotion.

16. チームさや姉推し

チームさや姉推し Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    This is relatable. Just cuz you guys don't experience depression doesn't mean this single is "gloom and doom and I hate it bc it's about depression." This single came out during a really rough time in my life and I for one really appreciate the message: that everyone goes through these things and you can move past it. Your life must be real padded and cushy since you've never experienced anything related to the true message of this song. If you want cute songs with no meaning go listen to some other group.

@convenience93 hit the nail on the head. These things happen to EVERYONE. Idols want to reach people - real people - and spread love. Well in this case, they are spreading the message that it's ok to feel this way. I don't understand why NMB needs to cater to YOUR needs - well slacker wants happy so let's go with happy? No NMB wants to reach everyone, even people too depressed to leave their beds. That was me one year ago. I understand - do you?

Last edited: May 17, 2016
  17. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

@Slacker13 This is a weird statement though, because while Amagami's PV is thematically dark, the lyrics are not (it's a love song, although a kind of weird one tbh). 48G have a ton of REALLY depressing songs, like Darui kanji, Ikiru koto, Keibetsu Shiteita aijou, Kayoubi no yoru suiyoubi no asa, I'm crying, hitei no requiem, Dareka no sei ni wa shinai, Namida uri no shoujo, Inochi no tsukaimichi...
    Actually, 48G are the idol group with the largest number of very depressing and straightforward songs I've heard, and I've been a fan of many idols, of course this could also be because they have a very large discography. While I respect your personal preference to dislike "depressing" stuff, I think it's funny you're singling out Amagami hime, which isn't even that bad when you compare it to a bunch of other 48G songs.

I prefer happy songs as well (tbh, my ultimate favorites are literal Cheer up or don't give up songs) but I think that exploring the other aspects of the human experience through music is interesting, and tbh, I wouldn't even be an AKB fan if Seifuku ga jama wo suru and Keibetsu shiteita aijou hadn't caught my attention for being so daring lyrics-wise.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Slacker13

Slacker13 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    OH we're playing the "Depression Game"?? Oh, It's On
    My Diabetic Dad's been in a VA hospital for almost 2 1/2 months (Over Xmas) & after coming home (after 2 Rehab places accidentally almost killed him because he had only 1 kidney & congestive heart failure & He's 80- they kept filling him up w/ WATER). May not live to see the end of 2016. A month ago he was pissing Blood- Imagine our JOY when we found out it was only a Urinary Tract Infection & Not his ONLY Kidney dying. THIS Weekend, I just had a Friend & Co-Worker commit suicide over the weekend (over an Asian girl he was in love w/ oddly). I have AIR Allergies so bad - I have to wear a Allergy Mask (or keep my face in my shirt) whenever I am outside (include while driving)- Where do you think "DARTH Slacker" came from - lol. It "could be Better" - but some people have it "worse" - WE all have "reasons" to 'Get out of bed' in the morning....or NOT.
    Come over to my Padded & Cushy Life anytime Princess
    I'm glad you enjoyed the Depression song. Some of us Don't see ANY Value in "Depression"- some of us have learned all we can from it. What a luxury (1st world problem?) it must be to see "Depression" as an Art Form or as a Helpful Motivator? (smh :fp: ). There's people that love to watch morbidly depressing movies like Jennifer Anistons "The Good Girl" & "Cake" (Utterly drown out Depression parades). Never understood how that constitutes "escapism" - lol.
    We'll have to agree to disagree.

SEE now.... I like how you've explained this. It's diplomatic & explains the "message" in a Neutral way. I never said "Burn them!!" or "Silence this group!!" - lol. I just said I didn't like it (and WHY) and thought this was a very radical shift of tone for NMB48 - If this was a "B-Side" I'd be more open minded (B-Sides are often more experimental). How many A-Sides have had cheery bouncy cat girl & bikini's from NMB? They're ALLOWED to have a depressing 'wrist-cutter' (Mood song) once ever few years. I honestly thought NO ONE would challenge me. I honestly thought at most someone would say "Oh well, I'm the next song will be full of smiles & cheery dancing".

Nope - I got people saying "Depression is good for you! I like it. It speaks to me!" - Well, OK then. A final comment
    There is a TYPE of "Fan" I run into every now & then that always jumps up to defend something that is "Depressing" and I'm always fascinated to hear the arguments FOR Art this is Intentionally "Depressing". (In much the way Gorey Horror movies try to make you feel disgusted & disturb your stomach). Seriously - If you find this Uplifting, who am I to judge??

But I wish to counter your thoughts w/ a story I read when I was getting into AKB48 in Summer of 2012 (when my Allergies was so bad I spent weeks SICK & depressed to tears because I couldn't' eat w/out hurting my throat). There was a guy who was a NEET in Japan & he never left his place & he stumbled across some AKB48 stuff online & claims the girls really "energized" him. He started to go outside & would run & listen to them while exercising. He claims they helped be positive & be motivated & he even said have a Re-Newed interest in dating LIVE Girls (This was an Otaku guy mind you)- ALL because of AKB48 - that same passion & energy that NMB sometimes does BETTER!!!

I think can all agree IDOLs (of any group) put their best foot forward being "Cheery" & Energetic and making people SMILE. I was told that was an Idol's main job - what motivates her on Stage (in the AKB48 Untold story Doc) is to make the fans "SMILE" - Sorry I want my Idols to be "Uplifting" ALL the time. I know they're human. "UZA" & "Beginner" are quite dark...but they are Motivational or atleast Dance friendly & Artistic. Yet, there is "Hope" there.

I don't like Depression for Depression sake - Sorry if you're a person who enjoys that. I will be back Next single to see if I'm right about how much better being "positive" is vrs a Negative song.

19. チームさや姉推し

チームさや姉推し Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    I'm truly sorry all these things happened to you. But bad things happen to everyone - that's the message of this song. And when you said you hated it cause it's "just so dark and depressing!!" that was telling me that my experiences as someone who suffers from depression were something to be hated. If you meant something else by it, do tell. I am not in any way saying that depression is something beautiful, to be celebrated. Learn a little reading comprehension. Where did that even come from? Depression is horrible and I hate it. But it's real. This single is brave because it makes it REAL. People who really do have cushy lives need to understand these things as well. I'm sorry this single doesn't suit your tastes. You can tout your opinions all you want but don't be surprised when people disagree. I know you've had trouble in the past with this :)

20. Monobroké

Monobroké Kenkyuusei

I can't really speak to the meaning of the song bc 1) translating songs/poetry accurately is difficult and 2) I take fan-subs with a grain of salt and therefore an interpretation based on one would be approximate, but like @tiktok said, it sounds like there is a basic disagreement about what people want or expect idol music to be rather than over the song itself; happy and cheery vs the full-spectrum of human emotion.