Takahashi Minami (Takamina) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by hanabi, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Li Li

Li Li Kenkyuusei

From NHK recently

if the video does not show watch the video here

2. rabyo

rabyo Kenkyuusei

^
    I felt sad when Minami sang this song is bad. I read report on twitter fan of her felt sad too.

3. Andi Teehee

Andi Teehee Kenkyuusei

Most comments on her twitter were positive except for some like: "歌下手、中森明菜可哀想"
    Translation from Google: (takamina's) singing wasn't good, (he/she) pity Nakamori Akina

Found a link with TM Revolution and Takamina

The comments were horrible T_T worse than those on twitter

if the video does not show watch the video here

Last edited: May 12, 2016
  4. Daisy_Is

Daisy_Is Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    komiyamaharuka
    That's song don't suit her at all :wtf: Two factors in my opinion: She needs songs for her and her voice (hopes in her album) and she needs do more singer works, it's the only way she can feel confortable alone in such big places. Because lately in her solo concert, theater etc reports of japanese fans said that she improved so much.
    She need more confident :) and enjoy it ;) that's 60% of secret.
    Edit: I don't feel sad :chuffed: She has nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Today Takamina:
    CiJXMs2UUAEE1zp.jpg CiKFfmwUkAIlpJN.jpg CiKpMLdUgAAcb3I.jpg CiLUNzEUgAA8rsh.jpg

5. Doodleboy

Doodleboy Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    I liked the song and her voice tbh.

6. Andi Teehee

Andi Teehee Kenkyuusei

Totally agree. Like most of her twitter comments: she did well :)

7. HogwartsHokage

HogwartsHokage Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odanana
    I think the only issue was that the song was kind of too high-pitched for her voice. True, the beginning didn't start off that well, but she did start getting better in the end.

8. Daisy_Is

Daisy_Is Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    komiyamaharuka
  9. ariette

ariette Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Oh my that was truly cringe-worthy at the start for Minami. It is really hard for me as a fan to see performances like this. Of course I want her to do well all the time because I love her. However this is one of the first (or her first?) TV solo singing gigs since graduating and the tension in her face is very apparent. Maybe it's the nerves getting to her. Maybe she's feeling the pressure of proving herself as a solo artist? Or maybe it's really just the song/key that doesn't suit her voice.

It may be somewhat of a disaster from the negative comments but what is most important in my opinion is the learning gained from the experience. We know she'll be working hard to deliver on the next live program so until then let's support Minami with all we got!!

10. Doodleboy

Doodleboy Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Well it started kinda off key but she sounded better as the song went on.

11. Takahashi M48

Takahashi M48 Kenkyuusei

Not really. It does not get better. we cannot try to deny that fact. Her singing from beginning to end really are not okay and hard for even us fans to listen to. She really need to focus on her voice training from now on. If not, she can forget her dream being a singer. I really love her and want her to succeed her dream though......Maybe she's nervous. All these bad comments from us, its not to discourage her but just us fans hoping she'll do better, i hope she take it as something to drive her in improving her singing and proving to all she can sing. Ive seen all her singing..some are good, some are not but all of it shows her nerve..she has this insecure feeling when singing solo....maybe that is one of the factor why her singing most of the time sounds restraint. Come on minami, spend some money,hire a professional trainer......and good luck with the upcoming feature with carly rae jepsen. Im scared.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Doodleboy

Doodleboy Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Well that's just your opinion. I thought it got better as her dictation was clearer and more refined as the song went on.

13. Taka22

Taka22 Member

Oshimen:
    satoshiori
    totally agree with you :worthy:
    now Takamina has free time, would be nice if she have put some effort in vocal trainning,
    this is a basic for any singer

14. Doodleboy

Doodleboy Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    She has 390.8k followers on Instagram. Wow!

15. richard durbano

richard durbano Kenkyuusei

I really thought that once she graduated, she would pretty much stop singing as a career and become an actress or a tv/radio personality. She must know that only her hard-core fans truly enjoy listening to her solo efforts. She's a smart girl. It seems to me that successful ''idol hood'' is a stepping stone to bigger and better things in the japanese entertainment business. Damn few AKB girls go on to hit solo careers. Takamina knows that better than anyone.

16. Doodleboy

Doodleboy Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Well she's said time and time and time again that she wants to do solo music more than anything. Her voice is much better than Tomomi Itano and Atsuko Maeda, so I don't see her career bombing tbh. Especially since she has a HUGE fan base.

17. richard durbano

richard durbano Kenkyuusei

I know it's all open to debate about which graduate has the best singing voice (I still think Maeda's voice is the best) but you're absolutely correct about the size of Takamina's fanbase. The girl is certainly beloved and deservedly so. But you know tastes change so quickly. Did Maeda stop doing solo work because she got too busy with other projects or because she saw ''the handwriting on the wall'' and realized that she could never achieve the kind of singing success on her own that she enjoyed as the face of AKB? I know, for myself, I always get so sad when any of the grads retire from the music business. I think we all wish Takamina the very best in anything she does and if she does continue on with a solo career, I'm sure Aki-p will come up with some great songs for her.:)

18. Shinchan

Shinchan Kenkyuusei

Pardon me if I'm wrong but I'm always under the impression that Acchan's top priority has always been an actress, not a singer, hence you see more of her acting jobs than singing jobs because she's never aspired to be one - not because she doesn't have the voice to become one, which is completely different from Takamina who's always wanted to become a soloist. Whether she will become a successful soloist on her own, time will tell. Let's not forget Acchan was, for a long time, criticized for her acting as well and now she's doing well as an actress.

It's not even a debate which graduate has the best singing voice. It's obviously Masuda Yuka. Now if it's about which voice is your favorite or which voice you like the most, it's a different story altogether and doubtlessly subjective.

19. Menma

Menma Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    Acchan's goal was to be an actress though, not a soloist, the singing thing is on the side for her. Takamina on the other hand is aiming for soloist which she's achieved, maybe she'll act in between her singles like what Tomochin is doing but singing is main priority. I hope that Takamina's single sales won't go downhill like Tomochin's though..

20. HogwartsHokage

HogwartsHokage Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odanana
    We'll just have to tell all of our friends about Takamina and buy as many singles as we can like crazy, won't we?

(Ah, I seriously wish I have enough money to do so though...)