1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Stage48 Feedback & Suggestions VI

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by Mr Waffle, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Kuura

Kuura Future Girls Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    @Cristafari I guess the reason I brought up this topic was because I've felt for a long time that I don't have an oshimen (in a sense that I'd solely support that member with my whole heart). Though I still follow AKB as a group, it felt kind of weird having a member's name under my user name just for the sake of filling in that field. I guess I'm in AKB more for the music than for the members, so that's why being able to leave the field blank would be ideal for me, since I don't really identify myself as a DD, either. I wouldn't want to choose a member as an oshimen just for the sake of it since it'd feel kind of dismissive against those who really support someone... but maybe that's just me taking this a bit too seriously?

If he has time, I'd like to also hear @ithebigc 's opinion about this.

2. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Btw, why spoiler don't work on Tapatalk? Is it because the plugin is old? I ask this because I thought it was purely a Tapatalk issue until I came across a forum that the spoiler tag do work in Tapatalk. Right now when browsing this forum from Tapatalk, it displayed the content inside the spoiler like it wasn't tagged.
    Of course it might just be only happening on my phone. I haven't tried it on another phone or another OS (I'm using Tapatalk on Android).

3. Mimi

Mimi Kenkyuusei

^It's not just your phone, it's the forum software.

Rather than DD or whatever made up term that is usually only used jokingly, I'd much more prefer a simple "no oshimen" option. People who are just getting interested in the group usually don't have an oshimen yet and some people haven't followed the newer gens enough to be able to pick a new oshimen after their previous one graduates. Not to mention that some people who register on this forum might not even be AKB fans, but just want to know more or discuss a certain topic with AKB fans, I don't see anything wrong with welcoming people from outside the fandom, as long as they don't cause any trouble. I'd also prefer it if the field stayed mandatory, provided that there is a "no oshimen" option.

4. Madoka

Madoka Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

One reason I've never filled in the oshimen field is that it is sometimes used against the forum member when discussing issues with the girls. I've seen many members' comments ignored/minimized by a statement such as "What do you expect from a GirlA oshi? :fp:" when the comment is completely valid/interesting. Now that I know that field is irreversible, I'm never going to touch it. LOL.

5. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    @Mana actually brought up the Oshimen field to me in a PM before, but I never got around to addressing it so I'll do so here since the subject was brought up.

The Oshimen field will remain required, but I wouldn't have a problem adding an option like "Undecided." That said, I basically can't touch it due to errors with the backend, probably from adding too many options to the list. It's why I stopped adding members halfway through JKT48 and I haven't been able to add new members like those from Keyakizaka46. When @MurasakiSora informed me of a spelling error weeks ago with one of the names, it took me a few tries just to push through that correction, so adding more options is off the table at the moment. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to fix those errors not being technically minded, and will be unable to do so unless @Mr Waffle ever takes a look at it.

6. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

@ithebigc will there be a votes exit poll or (more importantly) a top16 ranking guessing game (optionally with a small prize for whoever gets it exactly right) this year? I enjoyed the one year we did the latter and I am always interested to see the former.

7. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    Yes on the exit poll (expect it to be up this Friday/Saturday), no on the guessing game. However, if anyone wants to make one and/or put up prizes for it, they have my permission to do so. I'd be more than happy to feature it in our notice banners too :)

8. Gale Kakumei

Gale Kakumei Kenkyuusei

Speaking of banners, are Birthday Banners no longer being updated?

Last edited: Jun 3, 2016
  9. Silenka

Fuu, if I was better at math I would host the prediction quiz. But unfortunately I wouldn't be able to tally the stuff effectively like you did last year @rka. :( I'm sure it is very time consuming. Glad to hear at least the exit poll will be around.

10. vutt

vutt Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    I'm glad that draconian mandatory "oshimen required" topic still keeps pop-ing up.
    Based on my 5 years experience here I would easily vote that "feature" as most restrictive/stupid decisions mods have ever made here.

That would be great if ithebigc "Undecided." option initiative will materialise.

11. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Member

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
    Yamamoto Ai's, Fujimura Natsuki's, Iwasaki Moeka's, Kato Rumi's and Shibata Yui's threads need to be moved to the respective graduated members sections.

12. mai48_

mai48_ Member

Twitter:
    maiakikochan
    Regarding the wiki48 for the latest ssk, trivia section. I find the Yukirin votes decrease trivia, the second sentence that talk about if it was applied, I find it irrelevant.

13. MeoJim

MeoJim Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    obamina
    This is pretty much the same message as from the Wiki Suggestions thread, but I figured it should be posted here also for those that handle moving the forums around:

Do we want to change the way we handle graduations? It's been brought up a few times before from people around S48, and it does make sense to follow how the official website does things: to declare them as graduated after their last event with the group, as opposed to the last theater performance. We can still note when their last theater performance is, but mark their official graduation point as when they take down their photos in the theater :chuffed:

14. Silenka

In my mind it's a small nitpicky thing that only bothers people who are into nitpicking small things.

15. nobodywil

nobodywil Upcoming Girls

I usually go with... The day someone personally takes down their photo off the wall in their theater. They are "officially" graduated. :v:

Now, if someone graduates unceremoniously (aka scandal or dating or...) then... :confused:

Yeah... you're right F it! Its all needless nitpicking. I'll let the mod do, what they do. :lol:

16. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Isn't that how the mods been doing it, IIRC?

There has been a few instances of graduated members threads not being moved in a timely fashion though. Mostly in the overseas sister groups and 46G. But never anything a simple heads-up to one of the mods did not fix. I was under the impression this has seen some improvement with sister group sub-forums getting dedicated mod support.

17. MeoJim

MeoJim Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    obamina
    True it's small instances that on the whole doesn't affect most members; though it would've explained, for example, why Karen and Wasamin got new pics a few weeks back, since some people here were confused as we moved everything to the graduated section already but AKB still considered them as members.
    I'll leave it to the mods when they want to move the threads, though people doing the wiki might be moving to what @nobodywil said, to use the taking down of their photo from the Theater as their graduation point ^_^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

19. OshimaYuko

OshimaYuko Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
    Hi would it be possible to introduce a way to embed tweets into posts? I think it would be something that would be quite useful.

No idea if the software supports it, just thought it might be a cool feature.

20. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Member

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
    Maimai (Fukagawa Mai)'s thread needs to be moved to the Nogizaka46 Graduated Members section.