1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Watanabe Mayu (Mayuyu) / 3rd Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by arrowisland, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Pheebs

Pheebs Upcoming Girls

I guess it was because to my knowledge Sasshi got offended when being called rival, and now she wanted to do the same but say it in a nice way in sort of "I am not angry with you for saying that"

At least that's how I took it :p

2. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

Probably a matter of "don't shot until fired upon".

But again, Mayuyu did her best there. Congratulation

3. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Even though she didn't win, Her record of 8 Straight Top 5's in the SSK and I think one of the only girls to never lose votes are still there. (Her 8 Straight Top 5's in the SSK is something that will never be broken).

4. 671_AKB

671_AKB Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I'm just so stunned about the end results, Totally speechless, as soon as I saw that she had a small lead, I said this cant be good ):
    If only this can happen

Attached Files:

5. YKT

YKT Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Twitter:
    MayuyuOrg
  6. MurasakiSora

MurasakiSora Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

I'm so disappointed, not at Mayu or her fans. Just the result and myself. What can I say? Nothing went well for me tonight and this final result has just left me feeling empty inside.

Still, thank you everyone for all your hard work this year and all the effort we've put behind for Mayu this sousenkyo. We did our best and I'm proud of you all. Mayu too most of all for giving her utmost effort and accepting the result so elegantly. Even though we didn't win and complete the comeback our oshi wanted, we all stood with her till the very end supporting her and that's what matters.

Whether Mayu participates again next year or heads towards graduation, I'll be glad to know she has all these fans behind her. Once again thank you everyone, I really appreciate the support everyone has given her and will continue to in the future.

7. Kim Giang

Kim Giang Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    I feel sad for her

8. yukizuri

yukizuri Kenkyuusei

9. Kuura

Kuura Future Girls Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    I really liked her speech this year as she reminded everyone that this kind of scenery shouldn't be taken for granted. I hope her words about AKB being in a pinch reached every member - the fans already know this, at least the ones who are the most vocal about "AKB's doom".

I would've liked Mayu to win over Sasshi, but what can you do about that kind of gap in votes... o_O "Labrador" is still my favourite from the recent summer singles, so it'd have been nice to see center the wedding-themed CM song. But I'm happy she's in the frow row!

10. milo

milo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Happy that she's #2, I suppose the only consolation in missing out on the top spot is that it wasn't even close.

11. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    One thing I think we can all agree on is that Mayu took the L in such a classy and sophisticated way. I actually admire her more for her reaction. The gap between her and Sasshi was unbelievably large but at the end of the day, Mayu is still AKB's queen and no one can replace that no matter how many records Sasshi breaks haha. She and her fans should be proud for having such a huge lead against Jurina, Sayanee and Yukirin!

12. Pheebs

Pheebs Upcoming Girls

I love this :) <3

13. Bushido

Bushido Kenkyuusei

Wow, not even close. Not sure if this will light a fire under everyone next year or consider it a lost cause.

Either way, going to support Mayuyu no matter what, AKB48 or not.

14. JadeFlower

JadeFlower Member

Twitter:
    sarahfylxr
    Well I'm really sad that she didn't win, but I'm happy that her fans managed to bring her back to #2 :) I guess she knew it when they announced the votes.
    She is still my Queen and the Queen of AKB. For me she doesn't have to win a SSK. 1 win is still amazing.

THE ONLY WISHES I HAVE IS THIS FUCKING PHOTOBOOK AND HER NEW SINGLE!! And maybe an awesome single that people stop complaining about her.

Sent with Tapatalk

15. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Different wording though?
    Mayu called Sasshi "Every girl's enemy", iirc. Much different than rival.

Anyway, she put up a good fight. Her votes have increased every year, so that's a feat itself (hey Yukirin).

Let's see if those reports about this being her last election are true.
    I'd like her to try and get back at it next year (kinda hope Sasshi to sit it out).

16. volum

volum Kenkyuusei

I think this is not regular fans are giving these jerks 50K votes Sasshi, and someone invests 1million dollars more as they feel vulnerable. And 2014 win Mayuyu was the error of this "fan". And if you do not change the system by voting Mayuyu doesn't win(she just does not win).

17. yukizuri

yukizuri Kenkyuusei

I really hope Mayu will be the one graduating as I feel she is ready to move on by herself, being an actress and/or a singer (I would prefer the later).
    And if Sashi wasn't doing the SSK next year, I don't see any good for Mayu to be there. Same feeling as when Yuko won when Acchan stepped out; here there is no glory in defeating Jurina or Sayanee.

18. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Congratulations for moving up... :2nd:

...but not enough. To Sasshi. :fp:

I'm disappointed that Mayuyu cannot win again against Sasshi. But I do have to acknowledge what she said - the Sasshi-Mayuyu rivalry - it's a good thing she said about it.

In my opinion, the Sasshi scandal that resulted her to move to HKT48 is probably one move AKB48's going to really regret. Very much. :asdfgh:

I just hope Sasshi doesn't win next year, especially if Sasshi doesn't go ahead for next year's election (subject to graduation?). Mayuyu is younger than Sasshi, I have no problem if she participates in next year's election. But I have to agree a bit on what yukizuri said - no glory in defeating Jurina or Sayanee. It seems the Sasshi-Mayuyu rivalry is going to be very important over the next year or so, we'll see.

Oh well, it's time to move on. (And there's even bigger elections coming up later this year - the Yurukyara Grand Prix and the U.S. presidential race!)

19. Berii

Berii Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Omori Maho
    @Trinu I think the media made everything bigger that it was, and that also made Sasshi more pressured; it's true that Sasshi was the wall to take down - it's a competition after all, so naturally everyone is a rival to everyone, and things shouldn't be taken for granted (even Mayu wondered on her speech if there was anyone able to break Sasshi's wall).

I made my comment regarding fans more than what the girls said before, Sasshi and Mayu respect each other as rivals and while the latter was disappointed (as expected), she took it gracefully in the end <3

-

Moving asides from Sousenkyo: I hope we have the so-promised album or at least a new single soon (Can we have more Rock songs? Please?).

20. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

that's what i noticed long time ago. she gained so much moving to HKT though to her credit, she did carry herself well making the most of it for her advancement. still don't understand the popularity through the years. anyway it's a good thing team Shinkansen are also doing great themselves.