Tashima Meru (Meru) / 2nd Generation

Discussion in 'HKT48 Graduated Members' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Lisa

Lisa Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    I don't believe they are unhappy with her for any reason, I just think they lost interest in her, and I strongly suspect her change in looks also played a part in that.

2. Mayoi

Mayoi Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

And maybe her risque manners on variety shows... etc. I heard that discussed on the thread a while back. Such as kissing in that one stage song.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

3. SugarYumYum

SugarYumYum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    I'm glad to see she's been reaching out to Ume and can still rely on her. Even though I'm a staunch hater of Nogizaka getting involved in any transfer/kennin shenanigans, I can't help but wonder if a kennin there where she can spend more time with Miona would be good for Meru. Their situations are pretty similar (only Miona has bounced back recently) which is probably why there was a connection between them in the first place.

Had the week to think about Meru's situation further and I just decided that I'm not too interested in "the reasons" anymore. As far as I'm concerned, there's just two things that can be concluded from her result: 1. Meru seems to not have gained any significant number of new fans since last year and 2. Her current fanbase is either not motivated or rich enough to make up the difference.

The first one falls on Meru's end. What it is that's been missing from her this year that's prevented her from connecting with more people? Less exposure factors in but other girls have done more with less. She's going to have to figure it out for herself and hopefully turn the result of her findings into some new fans. I believe she will do that.

As for the second... well, I don't know about you guys but I know where a portion of my next check is going to.

4. Lisa

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    I will definitely start saving up from now for next year. I just hope depending how this year plays out she doesn't suddenly decide to jump ship on HKT like she has thought before and mentioned during her seitansai speech... Although I do wish for her to be happy in any way. I hope she can turn this situation around and works to improve in what she's been lacking lately! Go, Meru!!

5. Lisa

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    [​IMG]
    So cute, Meru-chan!

6. Kudostar

Kudostar Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    at last I have a chance to write down on this thread, some part of me still feel a bit uneasy about the loss of vote even tough I have vote for her pretty much this year. If I wanna blame the exposure factor, meru still in fact one of the most exposed girl in HKT compare to some girl who got increasing rank this year. A good news is, this will fire up meru fans for next year a bad news is possible exposure drop from HKT senbatsu, but I guess this won't happen.
    I agree with all of your opinion, in one side we can't deny the fact that how these girl looks reaaally affect some fans. For me attitude what's matter most, but I'm sure the are people who might miss her smaller figure.
    On the other side, I sense the vibe that meru still on the way to find her chara, her charm. Every girls needs to have that one strong character in her. And for meru..everytime I saw hatsukoi no butterfly, I realize that her look and self confidence is what makes her shine more but lately she lost it somewhere.
    You know when we're so busy trying and thinking so hard to find what's best for us to bring until we lost for what matter most? I kinda think she's in that state right now. Ume already told her to not over-think anything and try to share it with other members to find solution. I just hope she wont keep that burden alone.

well I guess this year I really hope with sasshi's winning, HKT will got more exposure..also the fact that haruppi is already in senbatsu now, management can start to push the next girl...wich is in my prediction is merumio X Nakomiku.

7. sorasan

sorasan Future Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    I am hoping both pairs will b pushed.

Currently in HKT, beside Sasshi, there are 3 waves of potential pairs , 1st pair successfully in senbatsu, 2nd wave n 3rd wave mentioned by kudostar above. Each pair has sum1 kenin to AKB , they are ranked in the election , thus in HKT management eyes, they had secured a presence in the fans. Next is support the middle group and HKT will b substained.

Tat said aside.. once Meru finds back herself, I believe she will shine more brighter than before .

Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
  8. Lisa

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    I agree in fact that in Meru's early days in HKT she had a lot more confidence, her presence was undeniably strong and recently that seems to have slightly faded, it could be a state of mind she is in right now, and the drop in rank could either tear her down even more or work as an incentive to bring out the best in her.

About management's actions from now on, I actually don't have high hopes to see Meru getting that push again at this point. It seems like she is stagnant at the moment and I don't believe she would be at the top of the list of members management see potential in right now considering how she's been slowly losing momentum and now even managing to get a step behind. There are plenty of other members in HKT that have been showing great progress even with less spotlight than Meru, and there is a 4th gen coming up sometime soon... As we know HKT tends to splurge a lot on very young members to keep the group fresh looking... When 3rd gen came up NakoMiku got a lot of attention and the focus has been shifting since then away from MeruMio, although Mio seems to have a lot more going on for her than Meru and has made way more progress despite also having dropped rank... Of course that's all my opinion and how I see things, but I am truly hoping Meru will fall in the graces of the public and management also to get a boost in confidence which she really needs right now!

9. Kudostar

Kudostar Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    yeah @Lisa I kinda agree with you too, I remember everytime HKT is performing life back then how meru was really strong..if camera spot her on, she will gave us her "hey look at me!" smile, I just feel she's somehow more softening nowadays..yeah even team TII have vivian and hana now..I see a possible exposure for them. But don't lose hope, I think miomeru still remain as 2nd gen ace until now. In my personal opinion, i still believe after HKT management have been secure 1st gen position, they will do something to push 2nd gen position and I still believe meru and mio is on their line up. But none of this really matter if meru herself does't do something about it..I hope this event will motivate her more. Lets hope for the best shall we?

10. Mayoi

Mayoi Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

I agree with both of you. I miss the old meru's confidence and presence in the centre of hkt. It was like Yuki Oshima's energy and enthusiasm. I noticed in the hkt Fukuoka dome concert dvd that on Otona Rensha (coupling song to green flash, one of merus fav songs) meru was really energetic and feeling the song like her old self. I loved it! When merus energetic it makes me want to scream "meruuuu!!!!" Lol!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

11. Lisa

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    Ohhh I would like to see that!

When she was still KKS on the Tokyo Dome concert she had such great presence and lots of screen time on the filmings, I could see her all the time and she was great in every song!

I recently purchased the Blu-ray of Sashiko du Solei and Sashihara Raino Zacho Koen and they should arrive some time soon so I am looking forward to see if she will actually get good exposure in those because from the trailers she barely seems to be in it at all.... Has anybody seen those and can say if there is Meru much in them?

12. StealthEXE

StealthEXE Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    anaichihiro
    I've watched Sashihara Rino Zachou Koen and I wouldn't say she has too much in them, but that's to be said for most of the HKT members. The main focus is on Sasshi, Nako, and Sakura. That being said, she does have quite the comical role as a fellow tanuki so I think you'll really enjoy it :)

13. Samara Morgane

Samara Morgane Member

Oshimen:
    umemotoizumi
    Btw,how is her relationship with Aanya?I've been thinking about it earlier and I think they might have some things in common so they could always make a good energic/chaotic duo if they wanted to!

14. Kudostar

Kudostar Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    I watched some of em and meru have a good number of exposure, but I still hate the thing about her uniform is too fluffy and makes her look bigger :asdfgh::asdfgh:

15. Lisa

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    Oh, then now I'm really excited to see it! Although I might not get the full enjoyment due to lack of subs :/ I really need to learn me some Japanese!!

I don't know, I kinda get the feeling that Murashige doesn't really like Meru for some reason. In early days Odekake Meru defeated her in some game on the beach and won 1 minute appeal time on tv, I think Shige was really yearning that as well. Of course I don't know if any of that had any influence in their relationship, I just get the feeling that Shige doesn't care much for Meru and is quite distant, completely ignoring Meru. At least that's the impression I got from the few episodes of Odekake, goboten and Hakata hyakkaten that I've seen them together in. I could be wrong in thinking that way and would love to know if somebody has a different perspective! I'd love to see some Meru x Shige interactions!

PS: I do remember Meru being very enthusiastic about Murashige at some point as KKS but Shige was very nonchalant about it. They had some interviews together on a show I don't remember the name and although Meru did some major sucking up to Aanya she didn't get a positive reaction at all (not negative either btw, just nothing).

Well, I did get that impression from the trailers and pictures of her in that tour, I was hoping it would look different on the filming a but ... I guess not...

16. DodobusuAntonioDD

DodobusuAntonioDD Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Sasshi mentioned Meru in this week's Odekake. She said that during the sousenkyo when she went to the restroom, just as Meru came out, she found her and learned that Meru had been crying inside since she got off the stage. The managers were looking for Meru too because she was supposed to be at the photoshoot for her block and she wasn't there...

I like Meru. Kinda sad that the drop hit her so hard.

On the bright side, Goto-san was pretty funny in that episode (#172). You guys should watch it. But don't know if anybody subbed it yet.

17. StealthEXE

StealthEXE Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    anaichihiro
    Odekake hasn't been subbed in quite a while... Besides the occasional BlueMentaiko subs.

I can write up a brief synopsis of Goto's talk at the end if anyone is interested. It was pretty funny :)

18. Lisa

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    Oh gosh, that's so sad :( I hope she is not taking this too hard, it's awful to think that she's been crying about it... Our poor Meru, I want to see her happy and confident!

19. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    This is why handshake is so important. To not let her feel the pressure alone.
    She would get the wrong idea that Fans are leaving her.

20. Lisa

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    I wish I could go to a handshake event to meet her :/ perhaps a letter? Can we send one?