The SNH48 Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by sikanwan, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Kappa

Kappa Kenkyuusei

I do watch SNH lives. The current SNH fanbase is younger than the AKB for sure but they are still a otaku. By definition Otaku means to be obsessive about a interest. Everyone who is a hardcore fan is a otaku by definition including myself lol. While SNH fans aren't exactly the same as AKB fans, there is definitely share more similarities between SNH fans and AKB fans than Kpop fans.

Is AKB really mainstream? I mean you could say they are because they are on all the major T.V shows and have huge audiences etc. To the general public there is still a negative cognition when you tell someone you follow idol groups. There is still a lot of prejudice against otaku and idol worshipers.

I'm not arguing with your point regarding benefits of being mainstream. I also agree mainstream is the way to go if possible. But I'm just doubtful, that's all.

2. Weiweiwei99999

Weiweiwei99999 Kenkyuusei

In that case, isn't members of every single fandom, like exo and bigbang, an otaku? I was referring to otaku as fans of Japanese culture. In China, SNH isn't perceived very wel either to the general public, but that's mainly because it breaks the norm that kpop established: mediocre dancing, too many people, some members not 165+cm tall, non-perfectionist image etc. Adding political issues doesn't help either.

3. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    The results are in the wiki...with the Top 7 from BEJ and GNZ

4. chiuchimu

chiuchimu Member Stage48 Donor

AS long as they gain popularity, the more power to them.

5. Weiweiwei99999

Japanese songs are now forbidden to be sung on stage while korean songs (non English covers) are now permitted. Probably due to opposition from the government and locals. This only impacts the special stages though so the Akb set lists are unaffected for now, but will eventually be replaced.

6. Raizy

Raizy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    xujiaqi
    Actually last i heard it was only English and Chinese songs were allowed to be played. I assume if you want to play another language you get your pay deducted or something?

7. Maiyanism

Maiyanism Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    jujingyi
    Twitter:
    maiyanism
    Yeah they aren't allowed to do Korean songs anymore either
    Unless they are the Chinese version of the song that's the only exception

8. Weiweiwei99999

No they werent allowed to do korean songs until now. It used to be english covers of korean songs.

On li yitong ins, she said 解禁,ie to no longer forbade.

9. Maiyanism

Maiyanism Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    jujingyi
    Twitter:
    maiyanism
    I see
    Oh well they can cover whatever they want on personal videos

10. chiuchimu

chiuchimu Member Stage48 Donor

Wow, so much politics. They are just Idols and their audience are just teenagers.

11. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    China and Korea (Japan too a little) protect their culture and prevent undue influence of foreigners. except k-pop, k-drama, all k-culture in China.

12. Kappa

Kappa Kenkyuusei

Is this a SNH thing or all singers in China? What if foreign singers perform in China?

13. JadeFlower

JadeFlower Member

Twitter:
    sarahfylxr
    Was Team SII 1st Stage performed with 12 Members? :O

Sent with Tapatalk

14. Raizy

Raizy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    xujiaqi
    it's an SNH thing as far as i know. Foreign singers do whatever cause well, they're foreign. Also i don't really recall foreign singers coming to China that often >_>

15. Kappa

Kappa Kenkyuusei

I think Korean entertainers come to China quite often but I guess their exempt.

16. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Especially if they have had their picture taken with the Dalai Lama. :)

17. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Lmao is that some Gaga shade?

18. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Bon Jovi had booked a concert and sold tickets for Shanghai and Beijing, but then someone noticed they had used a picture of the Dalai Lama as a backdrop at a concert in Taiwan five years earlier, so the concerts were cancelled. Maroon 5 was also banned after already booking a concert. These are only examples of those that were banned after already selling tickets. Who knows how many other were blocked before reaching that stage?
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/sep/08/china-blocks-bon-jovi-gigs

19. 1nfiltraitor

1nfiltraitor Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    isoharakyoka
    After Taiwan48, Tibet48 sounds like a good idea:rofl:. China having too much fun for themselves:p
    Maybe the skepticism about establishing a sister group in China already proved.

20. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    I love the picture of Ruby Lin and Wallace Huo (she is one of my favorites; he's not bad either). However, I am not sure of the meaning of the last paragraph. It seems to imply that they didn't really protest or was it just that they didn't do so on a mainland website.