Single SKE48 20th Single "Kin no Ai, Gin no Ai" (16/08/17)

Discussion in 'SKE48 News & Releases' started by natsu-kun, Jun 14, 2016.

1. noTKMNnoLIFE

noTKMNnoLIFE Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayanagiakane
    I gotta be honest, I don't really dig it. I don't hate it, it's just kinda dull to me. Reminds me of Western pop music that's heavy on mood and emotion but light on the actual musical elements, which I'm not a fan of.

And yeah, it gets tiring hoping for this, but it would be nice for Jurina to step aside just a little to give others the spotlight. This single was hers to center but I hope she steps up her leadership role now that she's getting older and gives more consideration to turning down some centers. It's not like she needs it at this point anyway, but SKE needs more than just Jurina.

2. DodobusuAntonioDD

DodobusuAntonioDD Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    I think it is a triple center - sub-center :p lol just made it up.
    Uha - Jurina - Rara

3. oji-sama

oji-sama Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kuranoonarumi
    I'm not necessarily saying an airdrop is what SKE needs, just a new center. Hana-chan and especially Mion were very well received after their center positions were announced, and while we obviously have no proof that the push for Hana worked, Miion has become the prime example of a successful push. Then again, Riripon was pretty random and she worked out well.

So in the end, I'd leave the choice up to management: but unlike they did with Uha/Anmi, hopefully they can base their push off of known popularity. Sally, Nao, and even Rara or Sakipon are sure to be welcomed as centers by SKE fans (some may disagree about Sally or Rara) and management should use that to their advantage.

Post-Acchan AKB could've easily went down the Yuko or Mayuyu route, but they didn't do either. I think they realized how much of a pinch they were in without Maeda and hence didn't. NMB is also moving to a better direction. Yoshimoto is relatively consistent with his pushes, but there's always a wildcard every now and then like Aapon in senbatsu and Riripon as center. I can say with certainty that Yuuri will center a single of the next couple of NMB singles.

But again, SKE's main problem is that they're betting to much on Jurina. There are very few center-material SKE members who have such consistent SSK ranks and HS sales, or a core fan base like Jurina does. Cmiiw, but the [impression that I'm under is that] SKE members are usually supported by hako-oshi except for Jurina who has her own fans.

So basically you're saying they'll keep her as center until Sasshi graduates or gets tired of the election ;):^^;:

I was so glad that Uha/Rara got a lot of focus. Dasu/Nao did too.

4. Kinenbi

Kinenbi Member Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    kinenbi
    I have watched this many times since I got home last night. I loved Chicken Line, but I feel like this song has more soul and passion than CL. The dance really is something else, and I love the lyrics. Cannot believe how good some of the facial expressions on the girls are too! Nao gave me shivers (as my oshi always does), but even seeing Ryoha have an expression other than deer-in-the-headlights is refreshing!

Is anyone else happy Azumarion gets to use her keyboard skills again? I wish they showed her a little more, she looked lonely in the back.

And anyways, even though this song is Jurina centered I feel like the line distribution is quite even. All the girls got a chance to shine!

5. Kiarararara

Kiarararara Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    The only one I think really needs to center right now is Nao. Of the young gen, that is. She has experiences from being center in KII and the skills as well. But she does not look like someone who will stay for long, for she has already had her stuff with stage play. So that's my two cents on the matter, mgmt is not willing to bet on her because she is likely to go the Rena-route: focus on acting instead of SKE. And rumous have it if not for Nogi Rena would have grad in 2014

6. Nomnom

Nomnom Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kitagawaryoha
    I think mngmt think because jurina have her own fans base ( and a big one that its ), and with rena graduate, they need all thing that can help the sale, so making jurina center prob will at least motivate jurina fans to buy it, hako oshi prob will still buy it with any center(individual buy), and i think the main reason is because this is jurina drama

7. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    I agree for Nao center, she has the center material in my eyes. Her performance is always hypnotizing [me], her dance, expression, everything is so in-sync with the song she performed. And her voice is so recognizable when the group sing together (like how Airi's voice back then, in my ears).

I love how Suda and Nao is on Jurina's side in most of this single's choreo. I want to see "mature" member side by side with Jurina, since Uha-Rara's cute face is so in contrast with Jurina's mature aestethic (if this is the right word)

Last edited: Jul 18, 2016
  8. Sorangeom

Sorangeom Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    I disagree with you, oji-sama. Jurina is shine brighter than Nao in the first performance. Jurina has much aura center and SKE has no problem who will be the next center because now SKE still use eternal center like acchan like sayanee. Moreover, Jurina is young she will be center for 5 years, too fast to find new center.

9. Kiarararara

Kiarararara Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
  10. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

This is the funniest part. Anyone not named Jurina-Uha-Anmi-Rena never experience their first time center yet in a SKE single. That is technically an airdrop if it happened. Your point still stand.

edit: those in charge of make-up deserve a praise for the makeover. Never been shocked with girls looks until today. Nuff said.

11. oji-sama

oji-sama Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kuranoonarumi
    Airdrop refers to someone who is chosen out of the blue, for example a back row member or a member not in senbatsu. So while Riripon, Miion and Hana-chan may be considered airdrops, I would never call KojiHaru, Yukirin or Mayuyu airdrops when they centered their first singles...

12. Crossheart

Crossheart Member

Oshimen:
    Amaki Sally
    Twitter:
    rom_ch22
    Nice cover found

if the video does not show watch the video here

13. Millyna

Millyna Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    I wouldn't even name Hana-chan and Riripon as airdrop because both appeard in the senbatsu before, same for Miion.
    Uha and/or Rara as center wouldn't be an aidrop at all. Maybe dropping Rara to Maenomeri's frontline but not right now as center.
    Jurina in Oogoe was an aidrop though.

14. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

We've different viewpoint here. MY airdrop refers to experience level a girl had beforehand. Which I adopt to term of minor/major airdrop. Still, good to know yours. Moving on...
    This is one sector I find SKE front row/mid row are lacking, either because none of them at the public recognition/popularity/experience level of those three, or you set the bar too high.:^^;:

15. MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    I really don't like the song :-/ There's nothing at all catchy or striking about it, to me. If I didn't know it was SKE, I'd skip it if it came on.

16. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Quite liking this song, probably in part due to the organ and certain characteristics of the music. The way it's... helical? Cyclical and progresses at the same time with the way the lyrics are delivered driving it forward... sorry I'm not a music expert.

Looking forward to the PV and lyrics.

17. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

MV preview

Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
  18. patapataful

patapataful Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    patapataful
    wow thanks for posting it @CutePanda
    I love watching making of's! How hard the girls aiming for the perfect clip and how the sets look. I'm still not a fan of the dresses but Azumarion playing keyboard on the roof made my day!:cute::cute::cute:
    Nao and Uha looked so cool. And I guess you can say, Jurina is really a pro.:worthy:

19. fech96

fech96 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    The girl in 0:56-0:57 looks like Matsui Rena...

20. SaikouTan

SaikouTan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kobayashi Yui, Miyawaki Sakura
    That's Kumazaki Haruka