Tano Yuka (Tanochan) / 12th Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by Lariemeeva, May 27, 2011.

1. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    I'm not gonna lie, her comment upset me more than anything.... "Everything"??? If she want's to change everything i hope that includes herself. As the saying goes, "you have to help yourself before anything else", so until she manages to help herself get to a position where she can then help change the group, her comment will only come off as her being bitter, as forum users have already mentioned on the general akb thread.

2. Soumi~Haruka

Soumi~Haruka Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuuka
    She does want to change herself. She says that all the time. Tano realizes she is not the best idol and wants to change. She knows how she comes across to people but she would rather be honest than sugarcoat things. It's sad that people misunderstand her all the time and think she is just some bully who hates on everything and everyone in AKB. :cold: This isn't really directed at you, but people who automatically hate on her and assume she is a bitter and mean person from what they have seen on variety shows and don't try and get to understand her and why she does and says what she does.

3. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    ^I know you said it's not really directed at me, but i feel the need to say this anyway since you quoted my comment. I love Tano with all my heart, she's my 2nd favorite AKB member after Paruru, right above Naachan. I realize that she acknowledges her strengths and weaknesses and that she wants to improve herself, however i also think there is a fine line between wanting to do something and actually doing it. There are so many girls in the group who have to "fake it to make it" with some of the biggest members of AKB being an example of that (Mayuyu, Paru, Sakura, Yukirin, even Sasshi), and while I appreciate her for being true to herself and not pretending to be someone she's not, i also feel like she should maybe reconsider that view if she really wants to change AKB. I'm not saying she should change herself, i'm saying she should play the game.
    Sasshi is a good example of this. She knows what the wota like and what she has to do to get them to follow her. She's grown her fanbase from the ground up and has used the game to create her own rules. She's, in a way, changed the game by the way she played it. And although I don't follow HKT, i know that there are many girls in that group who have followed Sasshi's way of being an idol and have replicated that into their own character (ie, Sakura, Miku) which is why HKT is soaring past SKE and NMB in everything apart from sales (they're getting there though). This is something that I think Tano should work on. I know she loves AKB, but I also know that she's struggling to be where she wants to be in the group. Her "bully" character clearly isn't working for her, so she should change that. Of course it might be hard for her to ask management to stop making her play the role of a bully on TV shows, but she could do simple things like posting tweets and insta pics being friendly with other members a lot, and sorting out her fan service skills a bit more.

I know that some people on here do dislike Tano, but for the most part i think most of the people who are upset about this are people who are fans of tano and want to see her do better. As for me personally, I'm a tough love kind of girl lol so i show my affection by giving active criticism. Make of that what you will, I just wanna see my girl do well because i really do see her being a future face of the group (if she doesn't give up first).

4. Soumi~Haruka

Soumi~Haruka Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuuka
    I didn't mean to offend you or seem like I was attacking you, just to be clear. I merely quoted your comment because of how you stated, "her comment will only come off as her being bitter, as forum users have already mentioned on the general akb thread." I hope I didn't come across like that! :cold: But you're definitely right about her needing to work on her fan service. She has very mixed reviews about handshakes and it seems that depending on the day, people either have a great experience with her or a really negative one. When I read things about people going to get a handshake with her and her seeming totally unmotivated, it pisses me off. All of Tano's fans know what she is capable off but she herself causes her own downfall by doing things like that. I think I stated it in a comment on this thread a while ago but if Tano could just work on how she interacts with the fans and really try and give them a great experience then I truly believe she could easily rank in at least undergirls.
    I think that isn't going to happen anytime soon though. Unfortunately, I feel that for the next couple of months Tano will be in a bit of a slump. The fact that she had the biggest drop and fell out of ranking in the sousenkyo will no doubt have a huge affect on her. Couple that with the fact that Hirari, one of her closest if not the closest friend in the group, has just announced her graduation she may feel at a bit of a loss as to what to do. My biggest fear is that she will announce her graduation. I don't get the feeling from her that she will and it seems a little farfetched, but she does get a decent amount of work outside of AKB with stage plays.
    Tano has definitely made an effort to change from her early days though. When I look at her now it's hard to believe that she was the same girl who would blatantly pull faces and refuse to do things on TV shows because she felt they are beneath her. That being said, I don't think any of us fans thought that she would decide to go with a bullying character. I was hoping she would just stick to being a variety/funny girl. It's frustrating because the character is obviously not a popular one and has clearly negatively impacted her and yet we see no change. In that regard, I would say Tano is a "my-pace" kind of girl, and unfortunately the girls don't have the luxury to be like that when trying to establish a character and prominence in the 48group. They need to find a character that works form them and appeals to the audience as quickly as possible so that they can establish a brand.
    Overall, I would say Tano is not doing herself any favors with the way that she currently acts. I don't know if she said she wanted to change "everything" before or after the sousenkyo but either way it was not a smart business move. Yes, she was speaking her mind, but if she said that after the sousenkyo it clearly came from a place of frustration. If she were to say it before the sousenkyo then I would be a bit more baffled. While she hasn't had an outstanding push, and it has definitely leveled off and slowed down the past year, management did give her a few opportunities. She was chosen to be in the senbatsu for 2 singles, she had a documentary done about her, she was appearing on AKBingo more and she was even made a front girl of Team K. I think the current Tano needs to take a step back, evaluate the situation, and go from there. As we all know she is headstrong and may just won't to barrel through this, but I think it should instead be a wake up call for her to think about what role she wants to play as a member of the group and then decide what she wants to do from there.
    Again I apologize if my earlier post came off as me attacking you. I definitely understand where you are coming from though and I truly hope I didn't offend you.

5. Soumi~Haruka

Soumi~Haruka Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuuka
    Tano wrote a letter to Hirari for her Birthday. English translation curtesy of arifer48 on dailymotion:

Happy 18th birthday. I'm glad to be able to write this letter today. Though I really wanted to be on stage reading this. Rina's a person whom I would always go to first if anything cropped up even before my own parents. And if I needed her, she'd come flying to my side. You're the first friend that I have ever had to do such for me. I don't know when it began but being next to you is natural and comfortable, other wise I'd have this nagging feeling that something's off. Like we're a couple or something. For one, I am often misunderstood and put in the spotlight for all the wrong reasons. But you're such a kind person and look at the larger picture to understand me for what I have done. I'm sure that there are fans who were drawn to you because of such. I can never guess what you're going to say or do, but that blind anticipation is part of your charm. You're not very idolish, but that is the charm of Hirata Rina too! So you can just stay the way you are now. The night after the Senbatsu Sousenkyo, I went back to the hotel after you did. The moment our eyes met when I opened the doors, I couldn't hold back the feelings that I've been suppressing all that while and they flowed like a river. You came and silently hugged me. I know for a fact that the reasonI was able to get back on my feet feeling positive after having that episode is not just because of my strength. I am honestly grateful that Rina had always been there for me. So that is why I will build a place that others can go back towhee they are in need of help or if I were to be stumped by a wall. Nobody knows what the future has in store, all we can do is just keep moving forward. I know that there will be hard times, but if it's Rina, I believe that you'll come out just fine. You'll be okay. Lastly, this is something that I've come to learn and believe in. If you were to strip one to one's barest, the very last thing that will be left is one's strongest wills that can never be bent; and the people who will be there unconditionally support you no matter what happens. I am one of those people for you. No matter what path you choose to take, I will be there supporting you. Thank you so much for being born and giving me the chance to meet you in AKB. I don't like to say this to others but I'll make today an exception. Break a leg (Ganbare)! Happy Birthday.
    From Team K's Tano Yuuka

Last edited: Jul 17, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  6. JoltFiend

JoltFiend Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    joltfiend
    Such nice words from Tano. I've always had the feeling that those two were really close. I at least hope that Hirari told Tano of her intent to graduate.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Tanochan's Episode of AKB Love Night Koi Koujou is next week.

if the video does not show watch the video here

Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Wie

Wie Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuuka
    I think Tano's acting is good but.. idk I'm kinda dissapointed idk why

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

9. Wie

Wie Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuuka
    I think in MG stage Play lost in the supermarket, Tano's character is Uvaru in katakana. Anyone have any idea what does it means?

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

10. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

• Like Like x 1
  11. jimmyonishi

jimmyonishi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    katorena
    Dropping out of the rankings must be depressing :(

12. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I recently received my copy of the Takamina Graduation Concert DVD and among the bonus photos was this very lovely one of Yuuka:

img018b.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  13. Gale Kakumei

Gale Kakumei Kenkyuusei

The way I see it is... the main appeal of AKB48 is how the group is so accessible to the public. You can see any girl, any where. With that comes a very strong connection to the fans and the people supporting them. AKB48 is held up entirely by the public eye, and how each girl appeals to it. Certain girls will never rank, and most are aware of this but still keep trying to get better and become more appealing to the public. With Tano, she has a very... reserved set of characteristics. A girl like Tano would excel in H!P or a group like Up! Up! Girls, since they have more of a cult following, where everyone follows a girl religiously without many demands. Tano is set-up for success and I feel like that is an instrument in how she fell off rank. In some sense, I feel like dropping out of ranking is good for her. She gets a chance to really analyze what she wants in her career, even if it does mean graduation. With her last documentary, Tano's fire was completely fueled by the taste of success, making her want even better, I feel like if she could get back into rank next year, and prove to herself that she can still grow and achieve something we will see a much better future for her, in and out of AKB. From what I see, she is the all or nothing type. Either she is the best or the worst, and if she isn't in the top she isn't present at all. Once she gets past that and understands the satisfaction of struggling and adapting, nothing will be able to stop her.

14. Soumi~Haruka

Soumi~Haruka Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuuka
    Yes! I couldn't have said it better myself! I am praying that falling out of rank will really light a fire under Tano's butt and really push her because I think if that happens she could be unstoppable!

• Like Like x 2
  15. ryo48

ryo48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami

• Like Like x 2
  16. ryo48

ryo48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami

• Like Like x 2
  17. emiche.

emiche. Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuuka
    It's so sad ! Poor Yuuka ! You still have fans don't worry !
    I really hope that won't give up and that it's gonna motivate her to become even better !

• Like Like x 1
  18. Tommy Idoc

Tommy Idoc Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuuka
    Guys, Tanochan is facing Tatsuya Makiho in Janken. She's been really lucky in Janken. Let's hope Tanochan does well.

• Like Like x 1
  19. h1ghlanderz

h1ghlanderz Kenkyuusei

I wonder what's tanochan been doing lately.... there's not so many news about her....

Sent from my Lenovo A7000-a using Tapatalk

20. mav48

mav48 Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Kato Rena / Jitoe Nene
    Twitter:
    mav48_
    She was chosen to participate in WORLD ORDER's concert today and tomorrow (along with Yumoto Ami, Ichikawa Manami, Okada Ayaka, Kitazawa Saki and Team 8's Yokoyama Yui)
    https://twitter.com/tanoyuka_0307/status/766970143301697536
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2