TV / Radio AKBINGO! (2008/10/01 - 2019/09/24)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by makistar, Sep 30, 2008.

1. sandy32000

sandy32000 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mogishinobu
    Can Muramoto shuts up and let the members shine instead??

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Actually, because Muramoto act like that, the girls seems to be able to talk more comfortably, thus show more personality. The girls seem to be able to bring their excitement and show their emotion more. Overall, I feel AKBINGO with Muramoto have more fire... more spirit vs the one with Bad Boys (especially the later episode with Bad Boys was really tame compared to when they first host AKBINGO). Ever since Muramoto host AKBINGO, personally, I never felt bored.
    Having said that, it might be because I already used to watching all kinds of Japanese variety shows thus can accept Muramoto style more easily.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

5. hugoa

hugoa Kenkyuusei

I will never understand how someone can enjoy watching a grown man making a young girl cry. That's beyond my understanding.

Beyond personal preferences, the biggest difference I see between the new MCs and the old ones is that, as far as I know, Bad Boys made fun of them, especially in the beginning, but it was mostly directed at the group not at a single girl.
    This kind of "personal" attacks can have a strong effect on their target.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Unless of course the member was over 18, then she got awful treatment.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
  7. moonlit

moonlit Member

@kanjo

she's 15. *I assume we're talking about Hayasaka Tsumugi here*

8. kanjo

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    No, I'm responding to Bad Boys made fun of them, especially in the beginning, but it was mostly directed at the group not at a single girl.
    I thought I highlighted that part in the quote but it didn't work. I'll try fix it.

9. riduch

riduch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    exactly. I tried to watch several subbed episodes with the new MC, instead of laughing, I pissed off.. especially the thing muramoto did to that team 8 member whom I forgot her name, it's not funny at all, it's just him insulting that team 8 member and he proud of it, because he could make a teenager cry (I forgot the show episode too but it might be the one they fight muramoto for cakes).
    I don't mind about him bantering akb fans though....

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. kanjo

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    The thing is, the fact that you're bothered by the harsh treatment means you care about the girl, perhaps a girl you never thought about before.
    For an idol variety show, this is one very legitimate approach to MCing.
    They trigger your "mamoritakunaru" response, your desire to protect that member.

• Like Like x 1
  11. riduch

riduch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    instead of that, it lose my interest to watch this show ever again... Like I don't care at all about that team 8 member, I didn't even bother to rewatch that episode to find out that girl name, and she was treated like that. Turns me off completely.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. hugoa

hugoa Kenkyuusei

I assume you meant Megumi Ohori and/or Kayo Noro (if not, please tell me who you meant).

Anyone Everyone has the right to read things as they see fit, but there are three main differences that I would like to point out:

1 - Both of them were, if I'm not mistaken, 25 years old at the time (that's 10 years older than the girl mentioned by other users, and at least 5 than many of the other girls there). More relevant than that, in my personal opinion, is the years we are talking about. A 25 years old women is completely different than a 15 years old girl.

2 - The jokes they made were not "personal" (in the sense that related to a specific characteristic of them), but related to age. Age is not and never will be a "personal" issue (Everybody, with a bit of luck, will reach that age at due time).

3 - In the case of those two girls, that was inline with their character, as we were able to see in following episodes.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Fourever

Fourever Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Weren't Bad Boys way too harsh towards to younger girls towards the end of their bingo run ? Sata were hitting the younger girls way too hard in the head and made them cry, which I thought was way worse than this :^^;:

It sucks to see Tsucchan cry But I personally was totally fine with Muramoto this episode because Tsucchan got tons of air times in the end and in the that's what matters when it comes to variety shows.
    Although there will always different opinions regarding how they should MC the show tbh I personally think that Muramoto have been great when it come to bringing out each members personality. He obviously have done a ton of research regarding each member and been trying to improve the show with each episode.
    And while Tsucchan looks mature and cold for her age, she's pretty fragile and pure and is easily team 8 top 3 crybaby out of the 47 members. So I was somewhat happy to see a bit of that side of her on AKBingo. The first time was pretty cute to watch, although the second time was certainly unexpected but the MCs and Producers of the show obviously aired it for a reason. And this is something Tsucchan will grow from when it comes to variety.
    And even if Tsucchan cried here there's nothing but praises coming from her regarding Woman Rush Hours and how kind they have been towards the members(especially at the recent HS and other stuff). And just looking at Muramoto Twitter you'll easily find out that he have high expectation on Tsucchan and why he does things on the show.

• Like Like x 1
  14. shogun

shogun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    komiyamaharuka
    Totally agree.

It was also more balanced because the Bad Boys would get teased too. Think of the episode where they brought on Sata's wife and forced him to get a haircut XD

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

That's happened after a certain years of working together with the girls. Before that?
    Just remember old days of AKBINGO, or the show precede it. With bald guy only in pants...

This MC(WRH) will eventually got teased back sooner or later. Just not now.

16. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

I really want to continuing watching Bingo so anyone know any sites since Show48 is down? Please PM me it~ I believe that it's not allowed to share links public (?)

Oh, what episode is after the new MC introduction?

17. shogun

shogun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    komiyamaharuka
    There were earlier examples too, like many of Mariko's interactions with the Bad Boys.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

^That's MC playing favorites. Or if you meant Mariko Christell gig. That's after 10+ episodes, I assume.

WRH still MC-ed less than 10 episodes, let's just wait and see.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Kafkaesque

Kafkaesque Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    owadanana
    Twitter:
    KafkaesqueDDMC
    I've watched every single episode ever since Woman Rush Hour combi took over the helm of AKBingo and to be honest, I like how they're MCing. I've kinda noticed how Muramoto and Nakagawa always trying to get the other less popular members to be involved in their discussions. Although Muramoto always trying to be spiteful toward the members, actually he did it with a good intention. With him being the villain, the audience will automatically be more pitiful toward the teased members and indirectly gave the teased members more attention from the audience. He already knew the risk of hurting the image of the largest girl groups in the country yet he did it anyway because he knew it's for the best of them. I rather labeled him as an Anti-Hero kinda role. He's trying to highlight all of the girls he teased, to pull them down from their comfort zone and be more confident the next time they come around.

I don't want to compare them with Bad Boys because they're both 2 different comedy combi with different style of personalities. If the production crew took another combi with pretty much the same style like the Bad Boys were, I think it would be very boring to watch. It's like watching a zombie trying to imitate the living...

With Woman Rush Hour, it's pretty refreshing nowadays. Just give them some more time. They will definitely improve.

p/s: This week's AKBingo wasn't really that bad. At first, I really thought Muramoto did something terrible, seeing the opening preview of Team 8's Hayasaka Tsumugi crying so bad. Well... I won't be giving too much spoilers now, just go watch it yourselves and you'll see why I said things like that.

^_^

• Like Like x 2
  20. hugoa

hugoa Kenkyuusei

@Kafkaesque
    While your interpretation is completely valid I don't think there's any evidence indicating that it might be the most valid one.

An equally valid interpretation (in my opinion of course) would be that Akbingo staff was getting worry about the show and in an attempt to bring something new to the show, they switched the MCs and are trying to boost interest in the show by trying a new approach.
    The new MCs knowing that they were hired because the old ones were seem as too close to the members, are trying to differentiate themselves by increasing the level of the attacks.
    This type of approach increases controversy in the short time but hurts the show in the mid to long run.

Muramoto, seems to me, as someone that doesn't know when to stop. Bad Boys, while they could go overboard sometimes, they always knew when to back down.
    Muramoto seems too eager to create big scenes, to the point that, in some episodes it seemed like it was his show with the girls acting as the supporting characters.

My Japanese is far from perfect, but the last scene of this week's episode, to me, clearly shows how he doesn't seem to be able to back down even though it's obvious that he was really (or that's how it seems) hurting that very young girl.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1