1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single AKB48 46th [High Tension] (16/11/16)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Sep 15, 2016.

1. leocgomes

leocgomes Member Stage48 Donor

I don't think that Yuria had such power. In fact I don't think the majority of them have.

Most probably the management was already thinking of make her a senbatsu regular when they decidec to transfer her to AKB.

BTW, Sae was part of SKE's singles senbatsu until her graduation and Suuchan has been part of it since her transfer to SKE, so maybe a similar question is valid for them too?

2. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah
    Well, I'm still not convinced why Hanachan should be there. You guys didn't pit her against girls who have a strong case of being there like Rie, Dasu, Tomu and others. Also consider the other girls in HKT that could have had the spot which I wouldn't even name, it is indeed a big jump. Is it really enough to get her in this line up? I don't know, she needs something more that would convince me that she must be in.

You guys only answered the reason why SKE, NMB had 1 member each and why HKT had 4.

To be fair, Manabukun is only broadcast in Kansai, whereas Odekake (TBS) and AKBINGO (NTV) are shown in a lot of areas in Japan so it's not NMB's strong suit. However they have YNN, which is basically member focused, rather than the usual stuff we see in AKBINGO or Odekake. I think it's a good platform for knowing the members besides their social media like Twitter, 755, G+, mobame, blog. As for Zero Position, it is only shown once every 2 weeks but their content can sometimes be uninteresting.

3. MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    Whatever the reasons, I still think this senbatsu is quite a mess.

There's doesn't seem to be a clear direction. Like something, you get senbatsu line-ups where it's like "oh okay, they're pushing the new girls" or there are some where it's like "oh cool, an all star line-up of veteran Idols with reps from sister groups and one new girl".

But this one? What? 1 from SKE, 1 from NMB, an FOUR from HKT? What the heck kind of rationale went into that decision?

Sure, it's unexpected....I'll give them that. But it's not enough for me to really buy it yet, especially if it ends up being a snoozefest. With Paruru as the center and her health issues still overhead, it can't be anything too interesting.

4. Jurisus_Walks

Jurisus_Walks Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Suuchan hasn't been chosen for SKE's senbatsu since Maenomeri, missing out on their latest 2 singles. Just clearing that one up.

5. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

Hana's there because HKT has always been really good about pushing new blood. That's why when we think of notable HKT members who have been shoved into public view at one time or another, we can come up with a pretty long list compared to ...every other group besides AKB itself. This is the kind of thing that other groups should be doing to make themselves stronger, but aren't. Jurina and Sayanee again for SKE and NMB? Okay, but how the hell is the public going to get invested in other girls from those groups if they never see them in major singles? New fans come from somewhere, and playing the same fiddle every time is not going to impress anyone or bring new interest to the groups. Jurina and Sayanee both understand that, which is why they both complained about it. They complained about opportunities given to them because they know that to keep pushing them and no one else every time an AKB single rolls around doesn't benefit their groups in their entirety.

This is especially bad when we consider that the presence of sister group members in AKB singles is wholly based around the need to promote the sister groups in a way the public might pay attention to. Okay, Sayanee and Jurina are popular and Hana is not. Sayanee and Jurina are going to sell very well to people who are already fans of the group. Hana is quite possibly going to sell to people who aren't fans of the group yet, but who see a fresh face and "fall in love". Showing off new blood is a major way idol groups entice new fans into the fold. Everyone has already seen Sayanee and Jurina enough, people are aware of them already. But an idol can never be successful if she's never given the limelight. Hana is management's investment in Team TII and because of that, she "deserves" to be there just as much - or even more - than some of the other names they could have pulled out of the hat.

(personally I would have liked to see Vivian be the team push more but oh welllll)

6. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Hana's case: HKT just wanted to have their own Sutou Ririka.. [hehe]

7. SorrowAir

SorrowAir Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    This really takes me back to the time where most new-gen fan complain about putting focus on old-gen and already established member is going to kill the group.

How right were we?

To me, this is the most logical senbatsu since Green Flash

AKS needs to push sister group to focus on their new-gen instead of keeping the spot light on Jurina and Sayaka.
    HKT keep pumping out one star after another with 2 simple formula.
    1. Variety
    2. Give center to other girls.

It works.

Good on them

Now SKE and NMB just need to give their center spot to up and coming girl. instead of giving it to graduating girl as "farewell gift"

Freaking Anai Chihiro of HKT didn't center her last one.

Lets hope all other group's management can look to HKT and Sashi for clues of "how to make new stars"

I was scared shitless for Nogizaka46, then they pull an Asuka center. brilliant.

8. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    I think we have to make the difference between :

- Sakura, who reached a decent fanbase then needed to expand to a AKB48 kennin to increase further.
    - Hana who has yet to create a fanbase and given already tool in HKT. Much more than necessary to start rolling things out.

So i don't think we sound like hypocrite saying Hana seed in senbatsu might have been too much in this situation, especially with Tomu not being respected.

Too little is like Too much, only balance is key for good distribution of push. Granted, Hana has potential confirmed by her healthy handshake sale, but why would they give her visibility in AKB while she has yet to conquer HKT?

9. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

The first 3 HKT is kinda justifiable if you look at who they are. I mean Sasshi and Sakura are locks duh. They have been trying to squeeze Haruppi here and there ever since she got her center back, and now she ranked in senbatsu she basically ticks every criteria that the management wants (young, sold well at HS, ranks well blah blah), the only other member that can arguably compare to Haruppi is Mirurun, SKE dont really have any new aces that are remotely close to these 2 members. I think I can say that right now age plays a big role in mgmt's selection.

But adding Hana the fourth one kinda rubs salt in the wounds for many people. They just started her big push by airdropping her into HKT center, having her in the AKB senbatsu as well is going overboard with the push imho. It'll bring her antis

10. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

She'll mostly be dropped come next single. They're just trying to create some buzz around her.

To be honest, the left-out member I'm most surprised about is Miichan.
    Tomu is not gonna be in senbatsu unless fans vote her in or it's a very big one (30 something members).
    Dasu had her time. She was basically everywhere in 2014. But she slipped in 2015 and we know what happened to Milky.

But Miichan has gone through the biggest scandal in AKB's history and that didn't stop managemnt from showering her with opportunities (the perks of being a 1st gen, I guess), and now... nada? I'd understand it from Kojiharu if she wanted to leave asap, but Miichan seems weird.

Ohwell.
    After letting it sink I'm quite happy with the senbatsu.
    Having most members from Team 4 feels just so good and I imagine all those girls are just screaming their heads out in their houses since the announcement was made. :^^;:

11. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    The only problem I have with the senbatsu choices is that
    1. Yuria dropped from heaven and is still placed with the angels, whereas Tomu flew above the clouds and is still waiting to be selected. Give the girl credit where credit is due. "Hard work will always be rewarded" will always be a shit saying when we see girls like Tomu in this position time and time again.
    2. Having 4 HKT members when that last spot could have been used to push one more AKB, SKE, NMB, or NGT new gen member that people actually know. Ririka and Miru have gained the respect of NMB fans as potential aces of the group, so why not push them into the limelight in a AKB single like they always do for Sakura and Haruppi? Why not push another NGT girl so that the group has at least some members known to the general 48g fandom? Hana is great, but she isn't seen as a star member like sakura was before management decided to push her in akb, so why not let her focus on hkt until she reaches that point, and then put her into akb senbatsu? I can name at least 10 other girls who could have benefited from that last spot more than she could have.

12. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    While I'm OK although not excited by Yuria's presence I definitely agree with people here who think it's unfair that HKT have 4 members while the other sister groups get 1 each. Of course I would have liked to have seen my number 2 and 3 48G favourites Mirurun and Uha representing NMB and SKE respectively but I do firmly believe they would have both been sound choices for the senbatsu.

I've now seen the MVs for Saikou ka yo and Soramimi Rock a few times each but Hana is doing nothing for me. (Emiri still remains my favourite in TII.) But OK so Hana's good at selling HS. Similarly in NGT I can't feel the love for Rikatan but again it seems she's good at HS. Maybe as an international fan I need to understand that better but for now I just don't get some of the choices in this senbatsu.

13. SorrowAir

SorrowAir Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    It'll help even more if you seen her in Odekake, or HKT's tours. Her merch sales is up there too.

Girl's a legit beast.

Like yourself, I prefer Emiri, but my preference aside, Hana is on another level compare to Emiri as an idol today.

As for Rika
    Rika tries her butt off, and extremely active on Showroom. She don't wait for opportunity, she create them. And pretty much will her way into back stage interview job for Milkys concert

Last edited: Sep 18, 2016
  14. rikasa

rikasa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    My question about Hana-chan's presence in this senbatsu is more about why HKT's plans align with the mothership and SKE/NMB's don't. We know that Hana's the next big thing (according to management, up to you what you think) in HKT48, but it isn't like SKE and NMB haven't had ideas. NMB has, to my casual fan eyes, a pretty clear pecking order of aces - MiruFuu, NagiShu, Riripon, Yuuri. SKE has declared Ryoha as their future, basically - see Chicken Line MV where Jurina passes along the key to saving the world to Ryoha, or in the team S stage, where Ryoha literally takes over Akai no Pin Heel from Jurina. Whether we think the plan is working or not, NMB and SKE have plans, too - so why is it only HKT that has this next gen interest in the AKB senbatsu? Why aren't Uha/Lala and Miru or Riripon or whoever else in this senbatsu, too? Was it just about how many girls can fit, and if so, why did HKT's plans win? Is HKT/NGT "the future" of 48G while SKE and NMB get kind of dropped?

Wondering what you guys think; I'm excited for this single no matter its senbatsu tbh, although this one does make me happy more or less. I am disappointed for Tomu in particular...but glad for Makotan and Naachan for securing their spots, and also to my girls Komi and Rikatan for making it!

15. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    When is the last time any of those girls have actually centred a single?
    I agree with what you're saying but I feel like we have to acknowledge SKE and NMB (management, of course) at least helped dig their own graves with this one.

16. leocgomes

leocgomes Member Stage48 Donor

You're right. However she was in four consecutive ones since her transfer so I guess the question may still be valid for her.

17. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

Because of all those girls you mentioned the only one who can come close to being considered the next ace of their group is miru. The rest are nowhere near that level, while hkt has both sakura and haruppi, and on top of that the biggest member of the entire group the past few years.

So maybe it's a reward that hkt staff know what they are doing and they let hana be in the senbatsu. If nmb would do what hkt is doing, miru and riripon would alternate as centers of the last few singles with sayanee playing sasshi's role. And if ske's management had the balls to do anything, rara and maybe uha (even though I don't think she's good enough) would alternate as centers and jurina would be sasshi's role. But neither has and now they're f*cked.

Actually I'm a big fan of the immovable center. But once it's been established for a couple years and you have an ace of the group, it's time to find a new immovable center for the next couple of years, and the first one should play the sasshi role. This way you always have at least 2 aces in your group.

18. moonlit

moonlit Member

^In a way I can get behind this idea. The sister groups shouldn't be expecting AKB to do their work of promoting young members for themselves. And the entire thing with NMB's request hour was poorly planned tbh.

19. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    the choice of having Matsuoka hana and not Ryoha or Sutou Ririka for example is because it concur with her push in HKT48. She was chosen out of timing to make it look very sizeable.

If we think the same way as them, they prefer to overload the whole push instead of doing it by bits.

20. oji-sama

oji-sama Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kuranoonarumi
    Unpopular opinion: this is the best senbatsu line up in awhile.

Ok, why people are mad: Tomu's lack of presence is upsetting, Yuria "shouldn't" have been included, there are too many HKT girls, and there are too few NMB/SKE girls. But honestly, the only bad thing about this senbatsu, in my opinion, is that Miru is not in it--but even that can be justified.

For the sake of clarity, I'm going to break the senbatsu into three groups--
    1. The "obvious choices": Shimazaki Haruka, Kojima Haruna, Yokoyama Yui, Kashiwagi Yuki, Watanabe Mayu, Matsui Jurina, Yamamoto Sayaka, Sashihara Rino, Miyawaki Sakura (9)
    2. The "deserving choices": Iriyama Anna, Mukaichi Mion, Kato Rena, Okada Nana, Kawamoto Saya, Kojima Mako, Komiyama Haruka, Takahashi Juri, Kodama Haruka (9)
    3. The "pushes": Kizaki Yuria, Oguri Yui, Matsuoka Hana, Nakai Rika
    --and an additional fourth group of un-included members:
    4. Suda Akari, Muto Tomu, Kitahara Rie, Minegishi Minami, Takayanagi Akane, Shiroma Miru

The Obvious Choices:
    I don't think I need to justify this group, except maybe Shimazaki's center. Maybe it wasn't the optimal choice, but it's not a horrible one either.

The Deserving Choices:
    OK, so maybe these ones need a bit of justification. Mukaichi Mion, Okada Nana, Takahashi Juri and Kodama Haruka all made senbatsu and are pretty popular in HS. Iriyama Anna, Kato Rena, Kawamoto Saya, Kojima Mako, and Komiyama Haruka all made undergirls and the lower ranking members of this group (Rena/Saya) have special circumstances (Renacchi Sousenkyo, new movie/lotss of gravure and TV participation respectively).

The Pushes:
    Nakai Rika--IMO, she's a great choice as the NGT rep. She deserves some sort of award for her exceptional HS and great showroom results. The NGT single center is not possible, as KatoMina has that spot, so being the NGT rep makes sense.
    Matsuoka Hana--She's pretty and has experience. Her HS is good. She's well received as the HKT center. Does this mean she's deserving? Not particularly. But a push is about throwing forward a member with potential, after all.
    Oguri Yui--This was a great decision on management's part. She's cute and has had amazing HS for a while, even though she's not as highly pushed as Ikumin/Saki/Naru/Nanami. I'll be happy as long as Naru is the center of the next 8 song.
    Kizaki Yuria--OK, to be honest there's no way to justify Yuria being included. She was a bad choice. But something makes me suspect that her transfer to AKB did include some sort of deal where she's treated well by management. If I had to switch one thing about this senbatsu, it would be to switch Yuria for Miru (sorry Tomu)

Un-included Members (if you're easily offended, you might not want to open this):
    Sorry, I'm just being completely honest. I hate to break this to Tomu fans. Tomu's highly edited, heavily made up gravure pictures are great. She's super hot sometimes. But during performances, it's a completely different story. It's not that she's ugly, she's just not conventionally beautiful. Management wants to promote someone who the public finds attractive. That's just the harsh reality of things.

As much as Tomu fans call her beautiful, she has a very niche appeal (in terms of looks) that not many people understand. To be quite honest, Yuria is probably found attractive by a greater range of people than Tomu.
    Again, attractiveness plays a big role in senbatsu choice, which works against Suda. On top of that, I think that SKE's senbatsu placements are less important to management considering all of the rumors surrounding Hako-oshi votes.
    Miru ranked much higher than most NMB members, so her lack of inclusion may not make sense to some. However, NMB management recently made a deal with fans that if all seats sold out at a concert, a new gen would center the NMB single. The potential centers were: Miru, Shu, Yuuri, Fuuko, Nagisa (sorry if I'm missing someone). Those SIX members didn't even give enough incentive for the concert to sell out, so Sayaka is centering the next single. To put it blatantly, I think management needs to regain faith in NMB new gen before promoting them

I love this senbatsu because of all the new gen choices. It's a step in the right direction