[GENERAL] The AKB48 Thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jun 16, 2007.

1. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. leocgomes

leocgomes Member Stage48 Donor

People in Asia use masks for many reasons like avoid spreading virus, minimise pollution effects and even hide their faces.

3. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

They wear mask because they are not wearing makeup and there face is a lot uglier than they want their fans to see. That's why they'll never let their fans see them without makeup, and if they do it becomes a trending topic on 2ch. It's much different than the avg person wearing a mask in Japan, which is mainly due to allergies and pollen.

4. mochichan

mochichan Kenkyuusei

Using the word "ugly" is a little......lol....this is why lots of girls don't go bareface you know......
    Anyway going by those pics I doubt they look that much different without make ups since AKB make ups are already really minimalist. Some looks like they using light cover ups/concealers around the eyes to even their skins tho. They're just not in full styled mode so they probably feel insecure about showing their faces.

5. Matsui Hikari

Well, little did you know, it's those "minimum makeup" that makes a difference.

6. mochichan

mochichan Kenkyuusei

Not as much different as y'all are making it to it....they don't even wear that much makeups usually for scooby doo unmask effect.

[​IMG]

Beside all you can see is their eyes. You can't even see their whole faces to call them ugly.....

7. Matsui Hikari

[hehe] I guess you just lack knowledge about makeup. Something like foundation and concealer make a huge difference. That's why women wake up at 5 in the morning and slap a :censored: load of that on their face. It evens out your complexion. Photo attached is a very clear example. Even though there was only foundation and probably some other :censored: in there, it makes that much of a difference. The makeup still looks very natural and simple right?

[​IMG]

8. mochichan

mochichan Kenkyuusei

Uh........yeah I'm a girl. I know how useful foundations/bb creams are but thanks for the infos [​IMG]

It's only a huge change if you have acne, blemished skins. If you have clean and good skins, you can go bareface without much different.
    Also, again, they have masks on so you can't even see their faces to tell their skin condition sooooo......
    At most they look plain like normal school girls. It's so extra calling them ugly or old just bc they went sans some eyeliner once........

9. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

It will be different for every member. Some member can look unrecognizable without make up. Some member can look relatively the same without make up. They wear mask because most of them don't want to be seen with less than perfect (probably not perfect, but at least similar to those you seen when they are performing) make up. Some of them wear a mask because of health reason (sensitive/sick/just to be safe). So it isn't necessarily because they will look old without make up, but they will probably look different and most of them want to maintain their public image. Also some member wear mask simply because they don't want to be recognized/attracting attention but still use make up.
    Anyway, Mako did wear mask when entering the airport, which she then remove it.

10. Chrissel

Chrissel Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Sugiyama Aika
    Twitter:
    kurisuuu48
    Indeed, I remember Members saying Yukirin looks like a ghost without :hehe: Then on the other hand we have a good bunch of members (especially less popular and younger ones) who show themselves relatively often without make-up, especially when we had that Showroom-Thing before SSK

11. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

Their entire job is basically based on looks, so you can see how much they have tried to hide their faces and they never show themselves without makeup, so it's not much of a stretch to say they feel they are not that good looking without makeup and they don't want anyone to see them without makeup. Hence wearing masks all the time when they don't have makeup on.

12. mochichan

mochichan Kenkyuusei

Well it doesn't just apply to them bc many average girls are insecure too of how judgemental people are of their looks that they use makeups

Also that's not the point of my comment you replied to....so....idek

13. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    The only problem with this is that it looks like they have some makeup on. Of course it could be they just applied eye makeup and didn't take time (or didn't have time) to do their faces and lips.

14. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

If any of you have ever gotten a dose of "travel flu" then you'll know why a good number of them are wearing masks.

15. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Excuse me, I'm gonna ask something, it's true that on last concert, it was announced that next year sousenkyo, there will be more spots?

I hope to because there're more groups, more teams, more members, need more sousenkyo spots.

16. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

I believe that is purely gossip. But I wouldn't be surprised if next year they increase the senbatsu spot to 20 for each group, thus we will have top 100. Anyway, If management have some new formula for next year SSK, they will tell us about it... next year. Probably around the voting period, maybe at the 1st day result. It is useless to tell us about it when the event is still far away.
    The alternative suggestion is to add one more group beyond upcoming girl. I would rather they expand the senbatsu tho since 16 is really small, especially for AKB senbatsu where they need to accomodate HKT sister groups.

17. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    There are currently no more groups expected for next SSK (unless the new overseas groups apply, which... ...), and this year's SSK had about the same number of applicants as last year's. There are some new gens, but that's probably only 20-30 more girls, minus all the graduations that happen between now and then.

18. Shoka

Shoka Kenkyuusei

A guy on 2ch made some graphs. They're kind of interesting.

First one is comparing handshakes to sousenkyo. Girls in top left or bottom right are the anomalies that have high rank and low handshakes or vice versa.
    Handshake sales on x-axis, sousenkyo rank on y-axis.
    http://i.imgur.com/uOCVBDv.png

Good in votes but bad in handshakes:
    Takeuchi Saki
    Takeuchi Mai
    Kitahara Rie
    Sakai Mei
    Okita Ayaka
    Inoue Yuriya

Good at handshakes but bad in votes:
    Murayama Yuiri (edit: not in SSK)
    Nakai Rika
    Okabe Rin
    Jonishi Kei (edit: not in SSK)
    Tanigawa Airi (edit: not in SSK)

Second one is basically just Twitter followers. Closer to top left of the graph is popular, closer to bottom right is not popular. Results are pretty much as expected.
    Time since first tweet on x-axis, Twitter followers on y-axis.
    http://i.imgur.com/IHAJgu1.png

Popular:
    Yamamoto Sayaka
    Shimazaki Haruka
    Sashihara Rino
    Watanabe Mayu
    Kashiwagi Yuki

Not so popular:
    Miyazaki Miho
    Satou Sumire
    Shinozaki Ayana

edit: added some more notes

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
  19. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Member

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
    Sakipon isn't that great at HS?

20. Mimi

Mimi Kenkyuusei

I don't think that's true. I've seen footage of rehearsals or when they had just woken up where they don't wear any make-up. I've also seen several girls post pictures of themselves on Google + where they visibly don't wear any make-up at all. It's something I've always admired, because in most other cultures it would be really not done for a celebrity. I have no idea how to find them, but I did find this older example of Mayu from what appears to be some tv show: http://i.imgur.com/ZbktD.jpg