1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single AKB48 46th [High Tension] (16/11/16)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Kiarararara

Kiarararara Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Me too.

Of course who're singing matters too, to some extent. If the song and the center/line-up fit, then it's great, ex. I don't like really like Heavy Rotation but Yuuko made the perfs so good I enjoy them. But if they don't fit but the song is good, like TwI, then well, I'll listen to it anw, the type of "It could be even better" kind of enjoying.

That being said, High Tension falls into the category of songs would-be-nice-to-listen, but not really my cup of tea. Waiting to hear the song of the vocal team.

2. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    TTwTT can Jurina be still considered a young member? She has been front and center of SKE since the debut and has been AKB regular nonstop as well... It's not like she was up-and-coming from the beginning, she has been the current gen for years D: I think she's more fitting for the super-senpai category, she should get a little credit for that...

3. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

Eh, aside from a few really distinctive voices, they're all auto-tuned to oblivion and most end up sounding vaguely similar anyway.

4. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Each song has several voices that come out very noticeably. All 16+? No. Sometimes it's not even the front members (though the center is usually one of them). Anyway, autotune doesn't usually change tonal quality that much, it just fixes pitch.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2016
  5. AnToNa

AnToNa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    I agree, Sayanee's, and to some extent, Yukirin and Jurina are the only distinct voice from usual senbatsu lineup. Current members just don't have the distinct voice, I think, not because they are auto tuned. AKB's early senbatsu's vocal used to be distinct, Keibetsu Shiteita Aijou is the best example of songs that you can tell easily which member sings which (without seeing S48 color code lol) because the senbatsu consists of members who has a distinct voice (Takamina, Akimoto, Masuda Yuka, Sato Natsuki, Sae).

6. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

I wouldn't say Jurina's voice is distinct and Kojiharu would also be another distinct voice. The others are just meh...

7. XOMuseHeart

XOMuseHeart Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Mayuyu's voice has always been easily identifiable in most songs if you ask me. I can sometimes hear Yui (if I listen very very carefully)

8. Berii

Berii Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Omori Maho
    Mayu has a very distinct voice, I liked when she shared lĂ­nea with Takamina because they blended so well.

9. Mimi

Mimi Kenkyuusei

I don't think they autotuned them back in the day as much as they do now, considering that some parts of the old songs can sound very cringy to me. I have for example always found Mariko's solo part in Keibetsu really weird the way it fades out at the end and have you heard the original version of Skirt Hirari? I'm not talking bout being out of tune, but it just sounded more raw and amateurish, just like their appearance.

10. XOMuseHeart

XOMuseHeart Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    And just as you said that I found this old performance on YouTube. For Skirt hirai.

if the video does not show watch the video here

Mariko-sama's voice certainly does sound amateurish. Can't hear the other voices properly either.

11. sakurazaki

sakurazaki Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    ec_delacroix
    But Mariko didn't even sing in that performance lol. She was just a back dancer

12. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

Cant seems to find 7th round result, does anyone have it?

13. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
  14. kaisap112

kaisap112 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    Yet Sasshi's never been called "the 48G ace" like other girls have been. :confused: SSK Queen and whatnot but never revered to oblivion like Acchan (not obvious to me how that happened) or Yuuko (totally understand how that happened). And management for some reason loves throwing the word "ace" at every girl they personally like at the moment, not based on SSK rank or HS or anything like that. Otherwise Tomu would've been established as Team K ace ages ago instead of the Miion-push. I'll admit I'm a fan of girls such as Nakamura Mariko and Shimada Haruka, so my critical/negative view on mega-pushes like Kato Rena, Yuria, Sakura, etc etc do come from a biased place.

High Tension actually brought to my mind SDN48, with the high heels choreo and "not about high school and puppy love for once!" sound. So in that sense I would've loved to have seen more mid-gens and older girls in the senbatsu. Paruru centering and a somewhat fashion-centric look of the outifts (as opposed to uniforms) that does suit her current image...to me that doesn't mesh well with "let's push some young girls here!".

15. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

You sound like you like being permanently pissed off.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
  16. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

Don't be fooled by the narrative of management or the fans. The term "ace" doesn't mean a single solitary thing in the AKB group. Center does, because center is an actual position a member can occupy onstage in a dance formation. "Ace" has never meant anything concrete besides perhaps "a girl who is/has the potential to be popular and one of the leaders of the group". You can stick the term onto any of the top girls in any of the groups and it will mean something different to every fan. It's essentially a meaningless term and we'd be better off leaving it in the past where it belongs.

17. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    wasn't Izuriina the ace of her generation? lol

18. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Member

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
    Things changed when Lemon was the one who ranked first.
    This is why I think upper age limit for auditions should be raised to 24. Fudanjuku's new gen member is 23 years old. Aoyama Saint Mecha High's new gen member is 22 and they lost all their youngest members. There are idol groups not named SDN/Predia that are filled with mostly adult members.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
  19. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    Well, Naanya was supposed to be the "Ace" of the 15th and look how well that has worked for her XD That word seriously needs to die.

20. KamonegiX

KamonegiX Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Takeuchi Miyu was the original ace of her generation too