1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single AKB48 46th [High Tension] (16/11/16)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Sep 15, 2016.

1. XOMuseHeart

XOMuseHeart Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Mine shipped from CD Japan on the 14th to the UK. So I have my copies now. I do believe that it depends which site you use.

2. ZenigameX

ZenigameX Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanimarika
    All pre-ordered copies are by usual, shipped on flying get day, else it wouldn't even show up on Oricon as Day 1 sales but Day 2 instead.

And hence her fans have no more money left to buy her debut album :lol: But seriously, there's a reason why 365 is certified double platinum digitally. Some people even find this a miracle, to which I'll never understand why.

3. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    That's right, it does depend on the site. I find that CDJapan do often ship 48 hours before the release day, and indeed my copies of KwM arrived with me in the UK on the actual release day last March, but the delivery day can be very variable due to the vagaries of air mail. Amazon Japan are much more reliable for delivery times as they use DHL but they never ship before release day which I find hard to understand.

4. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

My favorite performance so far! Paruru looked extremely happy especially during the chorus after the rap :inlove: Jurina looked extremely energetic and cute as well <3

Did anyone notice that Paru seem to have bumped Jurina during the beginning of the rap? :hehe:

5. XOMuseHeart

XOMuseHeart Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Oricon - High Tension Sales
    Third Day Sales
    : 12,498 (1,153,804)

6. kk127

kk127 Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    I quite enjoy Better

it's not as emotional as many of the other grad songs but it's fun and hopeful and i like it

i thought it fit Paru really well. The styling in the PV is trash but normal clothing Paru looked great

glad to see Mariyagi

and Paruru deserved this focus :inlove:

7. OshimaYuko

OshimaYuko Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
    Has anyone else watched the full video for the Tentoumu Chu! Seijun Tired song?

The video is really good but then at the end it seems like they just ran out of money or something ha?

8. Nieru

Nieru Kenkyuusei

At the talking part of Music Station, Paruru sat at the front but was pretty much silent the whole time, and Sasshi answered all incoming questions.... o_O

9. Slacker13

Slacker13 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    LOLOLOL- What planet are you on? SuperGirls....as (or MORE?) popular as an AKB/NGZK group?? I've been following SuperGirls since 2012 - I've been an Ami Meashima fan since the day I saw them... I don't know ANY of their names - but I know Everything about Ami - If Ami couldn't make them more "popular" no one can. I've been waiting for AMI to escape - she deserved SOO Much better than SuperGirls. But she is Loyal to a fault I guess.

Well imagine where we were last year at this time... Didn't it take like a week just to make 1 million because "someone" just HAD to have a Ego-Center A-Side? (*Relax!! I wasn't here for months during that time - let me crow a little- LOL).

Paruru truly is a 1 Million Dollar 1st day "Center"- So for any Haters that were waiting for some evidence of her NOT being an AKB A-List ICON - you've officially lost. She's had a flawless victory w/ her 3 "Centers" & her "Eien Pressure" still ranks well in RH. This single is a beautiful way to end her AKB career.

10. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

KBmB had alots of problems. They canceled the outfit theme for each date so fans were angry and there were many cancellations. Also HS is only HS not with other gimmicks like they what have now, they dont even have autograph lotto.

11. Husky

Husky Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    gotomoe
    I like this song a lot, it's very idolish:) As for the MV I don't think it is a matter of money, rather the idea is just cheap:p
    and I am glad that there are some shots where Mikichan has loose hair, I wish she would drop pigtails for good...

12. XOMuseHeart

XOMuseHeart Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Oricon - High Tension Sales
    Fourth Day: 6,891 (1,160,695) (1st)

The chances of 1,2m by the end of the week went down the drain after the second day sales. Still the billboard sales says it's around 1.4 already. So it's still selling relatively well.

13. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

The song is 10000 times better when it's performed live instead of lip synced

14. jdiaz1994

jdiaz1994 Kenkyuusei

How is High Tension being received by the Japanese public? Is it your typical AKB single performance?

15. Husky

Husky Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    gotomoe
    jdiaz1994, by "your" you mean whose? And about a japanese public you can see it by the oricon...

16. jdiaz1994

jdiaz1994 Kenkyuusei

By typical I mean that it sells its million then fades away and the next one is released.

Numbers and public opinion don't necessarily mean the same thing.

Edit: what I meant was if it looks like it'll have any staying power as a hit song or not?

17. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Member

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
    It didn't rank in Joysound Top 30. But if you open AKB's page in Joysound, it's 7th in the artist specific rankings.

18. Slacker13

Slacker13 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    It's Always someone else's fault - lol

19. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

Because you cant blame the sales on the center when most of the sales are irrelevant to center, if say other members sold less HS tickets then is it the center's fault too? You cant just blame fans' cancellations on Takamina. And if they didnt add more gimmick like autographs, 2shots blah blah, every single after would have sold more or less the same as KBmB anyways. If Paruru or any other member centered KBmB, things would still turned out the same as Takamina

20. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    You started with Heavy Rotation, which came before Beginner. In a way, starting at Beginner would make more sense, because Hebirote was the beginning of the big popularity. It didn't sell in the millions, but it got people to pay attention, which helped Beginner (the PV controversy helped as well, I am guessing).