1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Iwasa Misaki (Wasamin) / 7th Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by haruna_hamasaki, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Many times at her mini-live events, but never in a recorded broadcast (as far as I can remember)

2. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Episode #32 of "Iwasa Misaki no Wabi Sabi Rajio" (2016/11/10)

if the video does not show watch the video here

"Album Release Special Episode!!!"
    (you can hear a few seconds of "Itako Hanayome-san" toward the end of the show)

Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
  3. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Wasamin appeared on NHK Utacon last night, along with Nogizaka46. I was in the audience with @Tensai For me it was my first time seeing Nogizaka. Wasamin didn't do any solos, she sang along with other artists, and did a lot of backdancing. Nonetheless it was a really good show...

utacon.jpg

Not sure how long these will stay up...

Highlights,

Geisha Waltz (Wasamin sings on this one too)

Oh, and one more thing...

Wasamin announced on her blog her 6th single will be released 2017/01/10!!!!

It is called 鯖街道 (Saba Kaido)

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
  4. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2081539/full/

According to this article (as well as the Tokuma Official Site, Wasamin's label) the coupling songs for Saba Kaido are as follows...

Limited Version: Futarisake (originally recorded in 1980 by Kawanaka Miyuki)

Regular Version: Ishikari Banka (originally recorded in 1975 by Kitahara Mirei)

...and the regular version will also have an acoustic version of Nagori Yuki, which is a song she recorded for request covers. Wasamin will be playing the guitar on this track.

BTW, these are all fairly serious songs. I'm kinda hoping the A-side will be a more whimsical track. Based on the title though, probably not.

BTW, AkiP did write the lyrics for Saba Kaido. Wasamin was happy that he still wrote her song despite the fact that she has graduated from AKB.

And it looks like no AKB cover B-side. So that tradition has ended, at least for now. Although I can see the logic in that.

5. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Wasamin Showroom (2016/11/18)

Wasamin shows scenes from her mini-live "Challenge Events" in Chiba. You can also see her official announcement of her 6th single.

She also does a few acoustic performances.

showroom1.jpg showroom2.jpg

Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
  6. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Episode #33 of "Iwasa Misaki no Wabi Sabi Rajio" (2016/11/17)

And as a bonus, here are a couple of shots from Wasamin's appearance this weekend at the Ninja Festival in Ueno Park.

ninja1.jpg ninja2.jpg ninja3.jpg

Wasamin was the final act of the night, right after Minyo Girls. Remember them? They are the cute traditional idol act (one girl even plays the shamisen!) who sometimes appear with Wasamin. They also belong to Nagara Pro, AND they were recently signed to King Records (heard of them? [hehe] ) After the show Wasamin and Minyo Girls were sharing the same booth for handshakes. Oddly enough, for Wasamin they were only selling copies of Gomen ne Tokyo, probably because it was cold, wet, dark, hardly the appropriate situation for a shamekai event. Minyo Girls, on the other hand were autographing their CD. Plus, you could get a group 2-shot.

ninja4.jpg minyo91.jpg minyo92.jpg

I actually had a group-shot with three of them back in January too. I am becoming a Minyo Girls regular!

japan161 022.JPG

As a final bonus, a 2-shot from Sunday at Aeontown Yukarigaoka. I am building quite the collection of these from all the pre-ordering! BTW, Wasamin is ready for London. She asked if any of us were flying out with her, and we all said no. :p

chiba.jpg

7. Afro_Stud

Afro_Stud Member Retired Staff

Hi everybody,

Stage48 may have the opportunity to interview Iwasa Misaki at Hyper Japan in London this weekend. If anybody has any questions they would like me to put forward to her, please let me know either by replying in this thread or sending me a PM.

8. Kuchi-Chan

Kuchi-Chan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Takahashi Minami
    Twitter:
    KokorinDesu
    I can't wait to meet Wasamin tomorrow...I'm so glad that she's doing an actual meet & greet. If anyone's interested, her show starts at 11 and the m&g starts at 11:45 :)

9. Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oyashizuka
    Aaaaaaaah Wasamin is so cute. She's so cheerful, sweet and her voice oh man.
    I was sad they didn't have any merchandise at the meet and greet. The guests usually do so I didn't bring anything for her to sign, luckily they handed out paper. I bought a file to put it in. Still got her solo set later. Will post some(poor quality) pictures later hopefully.

Edit: I just gave her my table I was eating at o.o

10. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Yes she's soooooo cute and genki, and her voice is so beautiful. I think just about everyone in the audience fell in love with her, her interactions were very sweet and she posed with her hands in a heart shape for people in the front row who taking photos. I was about 3 or 4 rows back so my photos aren't wonderful but I'm attaching a selection including my (edited!) 2-shot with her at the meet and greet afterwards. Unfortunately I couldn't stay for her solo set later but I'm sure others will report on that soon.

IMG_0996.JPG IMG_1003.JPG IMG_1005.JPG IMG_1009.JPG IMG_1011.JPG IMG_1012.JPG IMG_1013.JPG IMG_1017.JPG IMG_1021.JPG IMG_1023a.jpg

11. Kuchi-Chan

Kuchi-Chan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Takahashi Minami
    Twitter:
    KokorinDesu
    Got to see my beautiful oshi today!! Oh my lord she had such a beautiful voice and so full of life!! I was really happy, she did a cute little autograph for me, got a nice pic with her and she even sang koisuru fortune cookie with me!!!

12. Yukitie

Yukitie Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki
    Twitter:
    katiechan48
    Wasamin 01.jpg Wasamin 02.jpg Wasamin 04.jpg Wasamin 05.jpg Wasamin 06.jpg Wasamin 07.jpg Wasamin 08.jpg Wasamin 09.jpg

Here are my pictures from seeing Wasamin perform at the Hyper Japan Christmas Market in London :)

Her performance with Hayabusa was brilliant, flawless, and you could see how happy she was. Unfortunately I only had a pass for the first part of the event, so missed her solo live in the evening :(

I came prepared for the meet and greet, armed with the card she had signed when I met her in Japan in 2014, as well as a few of the AKB photos of her that I have. She said she remembered me when I showed her the signed card, and became very happy and emotional. Then I brought out the AKB photos and she became even more so, looking through all of them and showing them to the lady stood with her. I asked if she would sign her favourite of the ones I had brought, and she chose that one :) at the end, I got a picture with her (me edited out here!) and another handshake, where I told her that her singing was still beautiful. <3

I am still in a bit of shock from having seen her again; it was just perfect.

13. Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oyashizuka
    They had some merch at the second meet and greet as it was at their "stall" (which they didn't mention earlier at all...) but I got a Wasamin 2017 desktop calendar signed and another photo/handshake too. She remembered how to spell my name(from the earlier meet&greet) even when the person trying to spell it for her got muddled :blush: she also kept complimenting my Japanese the whole time and like, made an effort to touch my shoulder when talking(what a flirt! :inlove: aha in totally good way). I had to leave after that because I didn't want to seem too weird plus I needed to head home around that time.

In my edit above I mentioned giving her my table. Basically I'd just finished eating lunch with my friends when one of them spotted her as we were standing up and she came over and asked if we were done(with food/the table) so I immediately cleared up the table for her and said she could have it aha. My friends later teased me for how quickly I cleared the table. I left as of course I wanted her to be able to enjoy her lunch in peace without being spied on. She had a cute grey scarf/shawl thing over her shoulders, it didn't match the kimono at all which made it even cuter somehow.

14. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Episode #34 of "Iwasa Misaki no Wabi Sabi Rajio" (2016/11/24)

It sounds like everyone had a great time seeng Wasamin in London this week. Thanks for helping make her trip a big success. I would love to hear more about her performances though.

It's cool that they brought something for everyone to buy. Up until now that calendar had been a fan club exclusive. I'm surprised that they didn't bring copies of her first concert, or Gomen ne Tokyo.

Anyway, tomorrow night is Wasamin's Press/Release event for the new album at Sunshine City, Ikebukuro. Hopefully she will have a nice turnout.

15. Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oyashizuka
    They didn't have any CDs for sale from any Nagara-pro artists. I overheard someone asking just to make sure too.
    I'm not great with remembering setlists so I looked up the ones i saw online(found it on a blog, I'm guessing it's probably the guy I was stood next to for both shows he had a very stereotypical wota-sounding "wasamin" call). I remember the "playful" songs more clearly whereas in the more serious songs I found myself kind of... sucked into them in the moment.

However the first setlist is missing a song "The 356-Step March" which was really really fun. I forget if it was before or after omatsuri manbo... Wasamin doing little marching in her kimono was just too cute to handle.

So everyone loved the opening song but Tsugaru Kaikyo Fuyugeshiki really had the crowd moved. Omatsuri manbo was ADORABLE aah she was so cute in this, playing up everything. During the talking bits between songs she was really into waving to the crowd, making heart signs and everything. Also when they were teaching call and response bits or joining in bits she was just... very cute explaining them. Some people yelled "kawaii" and she got really embarassed :p

Her solo set had a very different atmosphere, obviously the songs weren't all super emotional but not as "matsuri" feeling as the joint stage and I'm really glad I was able to see both sides of Wasamin. During "Toki no nagare ni mi wo makase" she made a lot of eye contact with the crowd. During the verses she was mainly looking upwards(there was a balcony as the setup for this stage was basically in the middle of walking/shop area) and then in the chorus she worked through the lower audience. She's very good at locking eye-contact, she's really singing to you during those moments. Especially when "anata" are in the lyrics during that point like they were for me :inlove:.
    During her talking bits she had a little piece of paper tucked into her kimono with English phrases on it for her to say :3

Honestly I'm very sad the whole thing is over and wish I could have done the whole weekend. Hopefully she comes back sometime but hyper japan hasn't had any repeat guests yet. Oh on a little comment the staff around them were really cool, they had like ninja costumes and signs advertising the event. Hayabusa were also advertising her when their show was over. I'm glad she has such great people in the agency with her.
    (I was able to teach Yamato from hayabusa some English too aha)

16. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Surprise annoucement at Wasamin's release/press event at Ikebukuro Sunshine City tonight....

Wasamin will be returning to France to perform at Japan Expo Sud in Marseille, February 24-26, 2017

http://www.japan-expo-sud.com/en/invites/misaki-iwasa_722.htm

I will post more from the event a little later.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
  17. Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oyashizuka
    I look forward to your event report! I've read many of your wasamin reports but I probably didn't always respond to them but I'm very grateful for them! Especially realizing how hard it is to write up a report...

If she's going back to France maybe there's a chance she'll come back to England one day too Q_Q

18. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Episode #35 of "Iwasa Misaki no Wabi Sabi Rajio" (2016/12/01)

19. BAKA OSHI

BAKA OSHI Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    ochervet
    I missed Hyper Japan Christmas in London last weekend so if I can get to Marseille from Dublin it's a great second chance for me, well third as she was a Japan Expo Paris last summer.

But Dublin to Marseille is not easy to plan surprisingly. Will have to get creative on transport with this one.

20. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    I guess it is time for me to give an update on Wasamin's release week. Actually, this was the first time since her second single that I did not attend every release event. Since I am no longer eligible for a railpass, it becomes much more expensive to follow Wasamin around Japan. Furthermore, I had business to tend to in Tokyo, so I would have to settle for 3 of 5 events. That;s okay though, since I have been going to her pre-release events all month...

IMG_5145.jpg

Release/Press Event 2016/11/30 Sunshine City, Ikebukuro

IMG_5150.jpg

It was really neat seeing Wasamin's PVs being played on a loop on the giant screen in the middle of Sunshine City. Interestingly, this was the first time that they have only had one event for release day, and it was the first time that there was no event for Furage day. I think part of the reason was because of her London appearance. But one would think as busy as Sunshine City is, two events would have been worthwhile.

The event was at 5:30, but the original sale and seat draw was 7 hours earlier, at 10:30am. I wasn't able to make that, but they announced that a second chance draw for seats would occur at 3:30, so I was in time for that. It was no surprise that I didn't get the best seat draw...

IMG_4151.JPG
    IMG_4146.JPG

I've had worse. No matter, ultmately I made it to the far left seat in the second row, which was fine. I said hello to Higashi-san, who does the MCs for Wasamin's big events, as well as all of the NagaraPro concerts. I was also happy that I finally got my hands on the new album. Right now I have 20 copies. (Well, 18 since I have given two away) This was also the first day that they were doing preorders for her upcomin single, Saba Kaido. But I decided to stick to the album for the time being. There will be plenty of time for single preorders. I'm sorry that I don't remember the setlist, but iirc it was something like...

1. Gomen, ne Tokyo
    2. Itako Hanayome-san
    3. Toki no Nagare ni Miwo Makase
    4. Mujineki

During the MCs, Higashi-san interviewed her about her London trip, the album, and he was the one who announced that she would be going back to France next year. After the event ended we waited around 30 minutes while the press did their interviews. I love watching Wasamin dealing with press people, she just glows from all the attention. Finally we had our opportunty for Shamekai. I had two tickets, here is one of my pics.

IMG_5152.jpg

Per usual I had no luck drawing for a signed cheki. Wasamin was eager to tell me she ate fish and chips while in London. I told her that I saw the picture she posted on her blog (and twitter). I then asked her if she improved her Englsih for her trip. She was like "Uhh..." That's my Wasamin! I apologized for not being able to travel with her this week, as I had a final exam in Japanese to take. She wished me luck. I had to leave early since I was meeting a friend on the other side of Ikebukuro, and this event was going a bit overtime. Anyhow, I would see her on Saturday...

Wasamin spent Thursday and Friday performing and promoting in Osaka and Hakata, before flying back to Tokyo in time for...

HMV Release Event, Aeon Mall Urawa-Misono, Saitama Prefecture 2016/12/03

Since I live on the North end of Tokyo, it is quite easy for me to get to most of these Saitama events. This particular Aeon Mall is very close to the home of the Urawa Reds, and this day happened to be the day of the J-League Final. The mall was packed, and at least half the people there were wearing Urawa Reds gear, and if you count everyone wearing red it would have been around 80%. Oh, and it had one of the biggest food courts I have ever seen in a mall. By the way, all of th fans seemed to be in a very rambunctious mood. They were screaming their heads off throughout the events. Wasamin was like "What the hell is going on with you guys???" But we were definitely attracting people from around the mall as the crowd grew as the events went on.

As for the songs she performed, I don't remember the exact order, but I do remember that she sang the following songs...

Four of her singles (except for Moshimo),
    and Four songs from her new album: Itako Hanayome-san, Tokyo no Bus Girl, Gakusei Jidai, and Kita no Hotaru

IMG_5157.jpg

This was my favorite of the two Shamekai I had. Wasamin has this new habit of grabbing your cellphone and checking out the photo before you get it back. She really liked this photo too. She had asked during her MCs if we had listened to the CD yet. So I told her how impressed I was with the acoustic version of Nada Sousou, and that I want to hear more acoustic Wasamin. For the second 2-shot I asked her if she had attended Lovetan's Seitensei in Fukuoka. (She had tweeted about it) She said that sadly she didn't have the chance. I said that I knew that she was really busy. She replied in English. "Yes, I am busy!" LOL Release week culminated with a Fan Club event in Shibuya...

And in case you were wondering, Urawa lost.

Iwasa Misaki Fan Club Christmas Live at Shidax Shibuya (2016/12/04)

Yeah, it might be a little early for a Christmas Party, but Wasamin's schedule is so full that I guess this was the only chance to have it. As we entered the venue they were selling what they had left of her fan club goods. I had everything already, but I picked up another bottle of Wasamin Water. Since we didn't know how this event was going to go, pretty much everyone was buying copies of the album for Shamekai. We would find out later that we all would get a 2-shot just for attending. We also knew that Wasamin would not be wearing her "Santa-min" outfit since she tweeted that the night before. Instead she came out in a really beautiful dress. She looked adorable. We also got a questionaire before the show (which is standard for Wasamin FC events), this would be the first time I would actually try and fill it out.

IMG_5160.jpg

She sang a few songs in the beginning, one of them was "Shojo A", which I am not familiar with. She lso did acoustic versions of Nada Sousou (from her new album) and Nagori Yuki (from her upcoming single). We then got to watch a long video of her trip to London. It showed her riding around the city, walking around the Christmas market, her first performance with Hayabusa. The rest of the video was Wasamin repeatedly failing at playing with a Kendama. Next there was a drawing for 10 lucky people to win a Christmas present from Wasamin. But there was a catch. If you were one of the 10 winners you had to confess to her. Unfortuntely I didn't win. However, my friend Doikatsu won. (Doikatsu is one of the Japanese fans who went to London. You know, the loud guy) Jeez, he has the best luck at Wasamin events. Anyhow, she finished by singing a very pretty song called "Sweet Memories" and finally "Santa Claus is Coming to Town." It is fun to hear those songs since you can really hear how bad Wasamin's English is. Finally, it was 2-shot time, which took an extaordinarily long time for some reason. I spent the wait filling out all of my postcards for the album prize drawing. I am hoping to win a ticket to the Wasamin "Barbeque Party" this Spring. For the first 2-shot I showed her my questionaire. She read it aloud and exclaimed "Good Job Chris!"

IMG_5161.jpg
    IMG_5158.jpg

We are reindeer. And yes I have a Santa hat. For the second 2-shot I showed her that I could now write her name in Kanji. She showed it to Ichikawa-san, her manager. I then asked her if she had a day off this week. She said no. I was like "Hey, Wasamin needs a day off, and so does Ichikawa-san" Wasamin was laughing that I was concerned about her manager. Anyway, we all got a little gift for coming to the event...

IMG_5159.jpg

And, after an extremely long drought, I finally drew a signed cheki. Only my second of the campaign...

IMG_4163.JPG
    Konnichiwasamin!!

By the way, this was the day that most of the fans received their official fan club Happi coats. I initially didn't order one since "free size" usually means too small for me. In fact I have an AKB48 Team B Happi, and it is a bit snug. But I noticed a lot of her larger fans had them so I asked to try one on. It wasn't too small, so I went and ordered one today. (The order period had passed over a month ago, but I called NagaraPro and they said they still had some if I sent the money in this week, which I did) Anyway, after the show I headed to Harajuku for dinner, but not before passing Yoyogi Gymnasium which was packed with girls excited to see Yamapi live. I kinda like Yamapi too, so I was a little jealous.

IMG_5162.jpg
    (Sorry the pic didn't come out, but it says Tomohisa Yamashita Future Fantasy)

Tomorrow is "officially" the first preorder event for Wasamin's 6th single at Sofmap in Akihabara (right across the street from the Donki) I also received a fan club mailer yesterday filled with Wasamin events, including a Valentine bus tour. So no rest for Wasamin, and no rest for Wasafan's wallet!