Is 48G peaked and now on the downhill?

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by chiuchimu, Nov 5, 2016.

?

Do you think 48G is...

1. still growing

8.2%
  2. about the same popularity as last year

33.3%
  3. going downhill.

58.5%
  1. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

SSA is not in Tokyo, although relatively near to Tokyo. Yoyogi is in Tokyo. Also Kojiharu concert will probably be an AKB concert instead of 48G concert thus smaller venue. The event is not really comparable since Nogi is combining their anniversary with Nanamin graduation.

2. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

Oh yeah, its in Saitama but thats still Greater Tokyo. If its strictly Tokyo I believe its only Yoyogi, Budokan and Tokyo Dome thats indoor. I would assume Budokan and Tokyo Dome is busy (not that they would do Tokyo Dome lol). But tbh they couldve done 18/19 at SSA using the same stage as Nogi, saving money for both. (dunno if its available tho)

3. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Nogi couldn't get 18/19 so I assume it is already booked long before they are trying to book it. Both Nogi and Kojiharu concert will be on weekdays. If Kojiharu do the concert in weekends, I'm pretty sure they can sell out even at SSA. On weekdays at SSA? I'm not really sure. Need to remember that probably a lot of Kojiharu fans are older. Basically her idol career is 2x Nogi's age.

4. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    I always chuckle at these conversations about what venues AKB is supposed to play and which venue certain members "deserve" to graduate in. As @Trinu pointed out, it is less about the member and more about what is an appropriate size venue for AKB to perform in these days...

Also, Yamapi, who is a bigger star than all of them, just played at Yoyogi. Good enough for Yamapi, then good enough for AKB.

5. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    It's true i have witnessed a significant decrease in venue capacity since 2014.

I'm sad to not have the chance to see AKB in a dome. I'm sure the atmosphere must be nice.

A good start would be to create songs more fitted to the general audience. Even if it's subjective, i dare to say AKB song quality is responsible for it's decline.

6. mochichan

mochichan Kenkyuusei

I think concert pull is more about how fun it is.
    Momoclo wasn't a huge single seller and many of their songs aren't public friendly either but lots of people like their concerts bc it's fun and they perform with lots more energy.

7. plomeplome

Ofcourse its less about the girls but more about how much they can sell, but a grad concert for the top member like Nyan, could definitely do better than 10k. Smaller venues = less profit assuming they sell out, thats why I dont think they chose Yoyogi voluntarily but thats the only venue they can get.

8. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Kojiharu's concert is on February 22nd specifically because it was said to be some kind of cat day. Also, I read a posts back that Nanamin is sharing the concert with Nogi (which happens to be some kind of big day or something) so it's reasonable that she got a larger send off venue than Kojiharu. It's the same thing with Akicha and Mariyagi's graduation concert. If it was only Mariyagi using the Tokyo Dome City Hall, it would be considerably large but if Akicha is sharing with her, then it's understandable.

The only explanation to why Yoyogi was selected is because Kojiharu wanted that specific day and the other stadiums are booked already.

9. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    I don't think Nyan's graduation was considered by Nogizaka when they were planning their event. 2/22 is the release date of their first single and they celebrate on that day each year. Nanamin's graduation is on 2/20 because it's her birthday.

• Like Like x 1
  10. CrssA

CrssA Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    I assumed they considered it since this plan allready planned from many months ago i think . Cmiiw

11. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    What I mean is that they didn't overlap on purpose.

12. TysonTee

TysonTee Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Ermm , I think it is a little bit downhill after Acchan's Graduate and slightly more downhill after 2013 mass members graduation. And slightly increase the downhill after Yuko-chan and Takamina graduation.

13. cnok11

cnok11 Kenkyuusei

I totally agree with you.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CzFYuzCWgAAvnqV.jpg
    Total Member graduate from akb since Acchan 's graduation until now =60 ppl but 2016 there have most members was graduate from Akb = 24 members

14. Nattan

Nattan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    I wouldn't say akb48 are going downhill but the akb as we know it does not longer exist.
    We no longer get the iconic pop songs as we used to get, and even if we get new gens they definitely wont the same popularity as the older generation.

15. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

One very important thing to consider is the members looks. Nogi got lucky (or just good at picking), because all of their top members are very conventionally beautiful for Japanese people, both guys and girls. This is a huge factor, along with their song quality. The 48g girls are not conventionally beautiful, they're cute "for an idol". Even most of my favorite 48g members, who I think are really attractive, don't really have that look that attracts both male and female general public people.

I've seen a few videos where they ask a random girl out in the street "what would you think if your friends told you that you look like an AKB member?", and the reaction is almost always negative. Not that they are ugly, but more like the 3rd or 4th cutest girl in your high school classroom. Whereas the same question with nogi and the reaction is markedly different. Probably out of all 48g and 46g combined, nogi has the highest level of conventional beauty and one reason they are so represented in fashion magazines and liked by many, many females too. Just look (unbiasedly) at the last video posted in the Sayonara no Imi thread today, and you can see 48g or keyaki can't really compare.

This.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  16. TysonTee

TysonTee Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    The
    But I don't know why new generation ( start from 9 gen ) can't as popular as the old ones... They are not bad though...

17. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Member

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
    That pretty much explains why Ikoma is much less popular than Nanase and Maiyan among fans! So what do Nanase and Maiyan have that Ikoma doesn't?

18. vutt

vutt Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
  19. mochichan

mochichan Kenkyuusei

Mostly bc 9th gen and before were in the group when people, both public and fanbase, have the most interest in AKB were most extensively pushed in media. Now that the people have no interest, it's harder for newer members to get the same attention. Agencies help too. For some reason, whether on AKS's side or the agencies, they're not transferring as many members to agencies anymore. Agencies play a huge role making those original kami7 bc they got solo jobs that's more helpful to get new fans. Like Paruru lucked out she got a huge agency to support her and pushed around the time public was still kind of interest in AKB. Sakura, Mion, Nana etc are popular with fans now but it's much harder for them to have the same popularity level as older senbatsu members bc they're already at a disadvantage without an agency and lack of interest.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
  20. plomeplome

Agencies are trying to snatch Kawaei and Shibata Aya as soon as they graduate including the big one, so i think the problem is on AKS side