Is 48G peaked and now on the downhill?

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by chiuchimu, Nov 5, 2016.

?

Do you think 48G is...

1. still growing

8.2%
  2. about the same popularity as last year

33.3%
  3. going downhill.

58.5%
  1. mochichan

mochichan Kenkyuusei

Same. I thought at first maybe agencies don't want to invest in the girls bc the idol trend went down but they still scouted girls after they graduate so..... AKS probably doesn't want other agencies to influence the group or want to keep the share of the paycheck.

2. Doodleboy

Doodleboy Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Going downhill. Is there even a topic or post discussion about AKB's 11th Anniversary?

Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
  3. avalanste

avalanste Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayamakazumi
    Class. Leaving things to their imagination. The less you reveal, the more people can wonder.
    The face that every woman desires to have, and the girl that every man wants to date.

4. yousakura

yousakura Member

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteam8
    Funny, I'd rather date Ikoma than Maiyan or Nanase

5. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

We've already seen Maiyan's ass-crack, there isn't that much left to the imagination at this stage.

I dunno, I prefer girls with more of a personality but there does seem to be a significant fanbase in japan that wants the passive "stepford waifu" fantasy girl.

6. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    I remember when they (Nogi) did a segment with the Quiz King Furukawa Youhei he talked about being scared of Maiyan. That she seems like the kind of person who would tell him to die in school (where he was presumably a bit of a nerd). I can see the same thing. From her attractiveness alone (not my oshimen but I would still describe it as "overwhelming") she looks like the bully leader character like say in Mean Girls for those who've seen it, but it couldn't be less true. Not only is she really warm and kind, she moved prefectures just to get away from her bullies in mid-high school. She's also really funny (she does very good impressions and ippatsu gags) and is a recovering airhead.

7. BulletZero

BulletZero Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sugaiyuuka
    tl;dr to each their own i guess

8. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    Man, reading all those praises people were giving Nogizaka46 about why they do so well and why fans are going to them. Showed how fans have really picked up on their charm and how well loved they are. It also gave me massive deja vu like in epic proportions. I swear it was just like back than when fans were talking about how top tier AKB was back when they were hot, and it made me think when will people start talking about why Nogizaka isn't as great anymore(In the future). I mean, will it take maybe Shiraishi and Nanase graduating to get fans to say Nogizaka is in its 2nd generation. I mean the 2nd and 3rd gen don't get much love and many of the praises about how great Nogi is kind of centers around a few specific 1st gen, makes me wonder if they are going to hit their peak soon and if it will take management going extra measures for them to hit that million single? Or will they still rise just still doing what they? It makes a guy wonder.

9. TysonTee

TysonTee Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Well , and now Paruru graduated... and 9th gen start graduating ...

10. cnok11

cnok11 Kenkyuusei

Well i agree with you.
    Old members senbatsu have motive for performance on tv and concert. I mean you saw beginner song on tv and concert in the past compare now. I felt very energy from senpai in the past.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/mayuchan_37/status/807196652834390016/video/1
    Beginner at Nhk red and white.

11. ABF48

ABF48 Member

akb hype is dead ? yes, since long time ago tbh. but as a group are they really dead ? no.

akb still remain at the top, even today, even with sakamichi series success, akb is still at the top.

because in the end, everyone and every group is rooting to the mother group, wich is akb itself. so as long as every group still alive, so as akb will still remain at the top.

but their hype is dead, like dead so DEAD, they have almost zero support from general public.

12. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

I love how AKB dominates top-10 in billboard (46/48g basically dominated the top-100 with 17 songs), 2nd in recchoku, 4th in joysound artist ranking, 7th in joysound song ranking, even dominating the pb charts, basically topping or top-5ing all the important year end stuff. And any random idol ranking (you know theres tons of them) and they are on top of that too. And when oricon comes out with theirs, AKB will probably take up the top-5 all to themselves, and 46/48g will have 8 or 9 of the top 10 spots, and of course either 1st or 2nd in group sales.

And we still have threads on this forum about AKB's imminent decline lol

If this is what "decline" looks like, I think I'll be a happy fan for the next decade.

13. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

It's a decline in comparison to AKB's golden age, which of course no one is willing to let go of. It's the human condition to yearn for the best times and constantly compare them to the current times. This happens on another forum I frequent too, when it comes to the Final Fantasy MMOs, no one can help comparing FFXIV to FFXI's heyday. The same conversations and comparisons happen over and over and over again through the years :lol: It's so natural for some reason.

But I agree, AKB is doing pretty well for itself still. Other groups would kill to have AKB's sales numbers (even though they are artificially inflated through event tickets), the gravy train is rolling on, and the 48 group has its fingers in every pie in the entertainment business. That's not going away. It is easy to feel alarmed by the state of the sister groups, however, as they were clearly doing better before and now they seem to be suffering under mismanagement - SKE in particular, but HKT and NMB are also showing signs of this. On the other hand, the 46 groups are absolutely slaying with no signs of stopping, so at least there's that.

14. ABF48

ABF48 Member

just face it, AKB are in decline. and everyone agrees about it, why so denial ??

and that rank is just a rank. and tbh for artist rank, akb alwys rank in top 3, either its joysound, oricon, billboard etc. so lets not bring those artist rank to make akb look relevant. and for that billboard rank you can check arama for better explaination.

the interisting part is that akb ranks in recochoku year-end song, but imo its all thanks to asadora, i mean.. without asadora, that song will not be as big as now, and that akb can rank in year-end chart.

AKb, if i'm not wrong they also have koshien tied song, and the song is nice too, as good as 365song imo, and koshien is pretty big names to be tied in, but then that song dont make it as big as 365song, why ? bc eventhough the song is good, koshien still dont have enough power to pull off such miracle like asadora did to 365song. The song rank quite well tho, i rmember it went heat to heat with namie amuro "hero" the olympic song, and JY ost of popular drama and the song manage to beat them in chart. but then the song suddenly disappear, like suddenly disappear, it was like, its still in top 3 chart before and suddenly the next day its disappear without trace, not even in top 50. In record, the song manage to be in top 3 for almost two weeks before it suddenly dissappear.

wanna talk about rank ? AKB also rank 2nd after ayumi hamasaki in "entertainers that their era has ended", they also ranked high in "geinojin that you wanted to disappear quickly from entertainment industry". and many other same rank/survey like that. and tbh its easy for them to rank in such rank like that, they have reputation for that.

you also can check to any media online platform like yahoo news, girlschannel, or etc. where every akb related news will alwys end up with a lot of negative comments. ofc every article have bad comment, but really, you can measure and see the different if you compare it to other idol.

you also can read it from nikkei enta survey where they put it that public interest in akb alrdy hit the lowest of all time, and keep going down. if thats not a decline than i dont know what is that.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
  15. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

because not everybody is interested in being a depressive **** all the time.

How do you come to that conclusion?, I'm interested in hearing

16. sorasan

sorasan Future Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    LOL relax guys ... end of the day .... Good things will always end .... it's a matter of whether did you enjoy the process, did you gain anything or learned anything while enjoying it.
    Afterall, time you enjoy wasting is not time wasted ;)

I like what I am doing, watching Sasshi from this chara blooming to be an awesome chara ... can't believe it's all due to the 1st idolmaster anime that led me to watch AKB variety and so on ...

I guess I prefer do something rather than regret not doing it.

Have fun guys ! Let's enjoy what we can :) !

.........................................................................................................................................................................wait a min ...... there's no AKB red white on TV this year !? Noooooooooooooo :wall:

17. ABF48

ABF48 Member

lol depressive? what part is depresive i dont understands.

k whatever, you can keep that your delulu mind, but in reality akb is in decline, i just want to let you know that. [hehe]

18. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

I don't think they are still declining tho. I believe they are at least stop declining in 2016. If people always compare it to their hey day, then they are always declining. Like @Silenka said, people always compare it to their best year, thus even if the numbers said that they are not declining, some people still insist that they are declining and they look back at 2012-2013.
    Right now I think AKB numbers are the normal numbers vs the inflated numbers on their hey day. It was a trend back then and like any trend it will come and go. The key thing is sustainability and I believe AKB have achieved that. Heck, as a group they even have the time to came up with lots of overseas SG and STU, so I think they are pretty healthy at the moment.

19. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

We should separate AKB as "Artist Group" and "Business Brand" as well.
    Both has different Break Even Point cycle, and while as an artist they almost no longer generate interest, they still sell as a brand.

Sent from my CROSS A28 using Tapatalk

20. R@ijinN

R@ijinN Kenkyuusei

AKB in decline is >= other groups in their prime... not bad, not bad at all considering they're 11 yrs. into this...

No artist/performer can sustain at the peak forever...