1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Watanabe Mayu (Mayuyu) / 3rd Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by arrowisland, Jun 5, 2007.

1. BilyIsFab

BilyIsFab Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Akbingo Lucky Girl Mayu got 26 :)
    May I ask why did the guy say to Mayu plus I heard Akimoto praising her ?

2. XOMuseHeart

XOMuseHeart Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    For SSK I'm pretty sure if Mayuyu was running this year she would have said something by now. It would be good to start up a campaign just in case though. I'd like her to enter yes but at the same time I want to see a brand new kami 7. There was rumours about a transfer to JKT48 on AKB48wrapup site before but :p that didn't happen. They'd never transfer the ace out the team.

3. MindOfALibra

MindOfALibra Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Thank you for the translation of the article!!! The parts about travelling and watching all the musicals :omfg: I've always felt that if I were ever lucky enough to be Mayu's friend, we would be best friends hahaha. She's always seemed adventurous but liking "Kinky Boots" means she's very open-minded <3

Regarding transferring to JKT, doesn't matter what management decides, I don't see any reason why Mayu would agree to moving to a smaller market when she's already well established in Japan, plus, she's in a position to graduate if anything too upsetting.

4. Shelliao

Shelliao Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    If mayu doesn't run for SSK does that mean she won't be in senbatsu? What do they do with her? Does she still appear in akb songs ?

5. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

If a member don't run for SSK, she will not be on SSK single. It doesn't mean that member won't be chosen for the next one. Annin for example, she didn't ran on 2015, but still included in a-side single, only missed SSK single.
    Having said that, unless she wants to graduate, management will probably try to force her to participate on SSK unless she has a good reason not to. Interested parties probably want the top members to participate in it.

6. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Sasshi hinted on her Showroom that top members aren't allowed to skip SSK unless they're planning to graduate. It makes sense because it's just too big business for management. So if someone like Mayu doesn't run this year, you can guess what is coming later for her.

Edit: when Sasshi said top members, she didn't define ranking, but it's safe to assume it's kami7

7. superficialfan

superficialfan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Kojima Haruna got away with not entering SSK a couple of years ago and didn't retire. She ranked outside Kami-level last year, but was in the Kami 7 for the NHK Kouhaku voting, so she has that level of popularity. I hope Mayu enters, NyanNyan antics or not.

8. Kappa

Kappa Kenkyuusei

It doesn't matter for Kojiharu if she was Kami 7 during NHK cause shes graduating before the SSK. Almost guaranteed that Mayu will participate. Too much at stake here.

9. veliem

veliem Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
    Yeah kojiharu is on a diffeent level in terms of public recognition. Even akimoto kinda inferred this during his akb show! Meeting with takamina.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

10. superficialfan

superficialfan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    We're talking about 2015, so her graduation is not a problem. She's in that kami-level judging by real popularity. Management also has no idea who will be in the kami 7, so letting #8, #9 or #10 drop out doesn't make sense either, if the claim about Kami-7 members is correct.

I hope management makes Mayu enter SSK, but analyzing Kojima's case is really interesting and we have to consider that she (or others at that tier) could skip it.

11. Minami_san

Minami_san Kenkyuusei

I am still hoping the mayu join SSK. But she needs to confirm soon, so people can start her campaign.
    I still think she is the only one who can beat Sasshi (slight chance, but it does exist)
    But I think she won't, I just feel that she looks so 'away' this last year... Not that she is not enjoying herself, but I don't know, I feel that she is more than ready to move on, probably just waiting the allowance from management team.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

12. Mayura48

Mayura48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Twitter:
    val_vanny
    Sweet 2017年2月号 c Hiro L

[​IMG][​IMG]

13. Mayu Paru

Mayu Paru Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    If its true that Sashi might grad next yr before ssk (which means her last ssk for this yr), her fans will ensure her 1st no doubt. As for mayu, it might be her last or second last ssk alr... pretty sure this yr she will go for it

14. Kallen Kozuki

Kallen Kozuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Mayu is amazing. Also I've noticed a lot more groups sharing their vids via google drive not YouTube because of obvious reasons. FYI.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2017
  15. macchan

macchan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kitagawaryoha
    I got goosebumps from this. Her voice is so clear and harmonizes pretty well with Yoshino's. Also, this must have been like her Christmas dream coming true, performing a musical song like this.
    I'm proud of her~

16. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

17. Ichirou Takashima

Ichirou Takashima Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikomarina
    Okay, someone help me here. I need everyone's time machine to help me with this problem! I've been looking at my old pictures and I saw this. Where was this taken?

It's Korea UFC's Choi Hong Man and the very little Watanabe Mayu.

[alternate mirror link for the image: http://imgur.com/u9wI5qc ]
    [​IMG]

I believe this wasn't from the SMAPxSMAP Sports Festival, Mayuyu was too young in this picture! I'd definitely appreciate some feedback regarding this!

18. Akira Hitoshi

Akira Hitoshi Kenkyuusei

Majijo's Rooftop, staring at the clouds...
    Oshimen:
    Watanabe Mayu
    ^ Judging from the background, I'd prob say that was from the gameshow TORE! (the one where they go through puzzles and stuff), and judging from Mayu's hair its prob from 2011-2012 era, but I could be wrong lol :^^;:

I believe this is from the same episode perhaps? 110921?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
  19. Ichirou Takashima

Ichirou Takashima Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikomarina
    Well god! I've never heard Mayuyu joining Tore! This is a shock! I only knew a few members, but never Mayuyu! My god! Thanks!

20. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Mayuyu on the cover of the latest Shukan Shounen (Out on January 18th).
    [​IMG]