AKB48 Team 8 (Idols who go meet you project x Toyota)

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Trinu, Jan 23, 2014.

1. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929

Recklessness has two and only two outcomes: good or bad. Sometimes people needs to accept the fact that not all reckless moves that AKS makes ends up good unless you don't care what they feed you.

IMO I think the East vs West rivalry concept is already a good enough gimmick for entertainment news attention (And probably can go on with the long run). The solo concert were just bonuses that made it seemed a very "successful" event. Wanna bet if they just hold solo concerts by themselves would the attendance be the same? Team 8 is just fine right now, just wait for their turn. Their time will come indeed, but put more focus on developing their left out members, there's many more other girls in the team that I feel the managment is leaving out (Like always, ugh). Instead of pushing for a few already polished diamonds, salvage those other dimmed gems around it. Such a waste.

The hostess club x yankee concept is quite brilliant, I'd say lol
    Same goes for the tofu wrestle. Yet I hoped they picked other girls to be the main other than Sakuratan and Jurina combo again...it's a waste there too. It's not like these drama's gunna be top rated acting and directing. So give the other girls more chances to appear and shine instead of wasting it on the regulars.

But you are right, like you said it's a mini-side-concert, which I give you that and I shouldn't be too anal about it.

lol isn't underaged and underexperienced a rationally good reason enough to criticize? In fact I would love to dig a little deeper by sharing my opinion on this matter.

Listening them singing solo is kinda hard to bear down unless you are a huge fan of these three girls. This is why AKB is advertised as an idol group not a solo performance artist, unless you are the likes of talanted singers of Wasamin or Sayanee (I know it's cheesy but it is what it is). And to be fair, Yukirin isn't that great of a singer, but she waited how long to finally having a solo concert? And that my friend, which is why I think solo concert is meant to be something meaningful.

Also if they are actually going to seriously pick solo members to do a concert they should do it based on their actual singing capability. Oda Erina? Miyupon?? (Sorry if I missed anyone too) Management should give them a chance too, am I being too irrational?

So I guess if this isn't outright favoritism shoving it into my face (which I'm fine living with) then it's a kick in the balls to the girls I mentioned above. Because I thought solo concert for particular members is something that should be earned not a given. But who cares right? The bar for AKB standards is set so low nowadays, anything can do if you have a cute face. (Somebody please insert that famous Takamina quote...what is hard work anyways?) This is probably one of the reasons why AKB performances isn't "that" amazing anymore.

Side note: I'd also say nay on Jurina's ambition to have the new SKE girls to do solo concerts in the future which is unneccesarily walking on a thin line of failure.

With that being said, sorry for the long rant. Here is a picture of yuiyui.

[​IMG]

2. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    Honestly? Yes, it would. The solo concerts were on Saturday, the other concerts on Sunday. The ones that went to the solos wanted to be there. And fans were pretty excited in those concerts, to the point that the other girls even got jealous when they saw their own fans there! xD The event isn't that big to begin with, so it was a calculated risk. And Team 8 has a lot of DDs.

You should see it this way: Team 8 is starting this year. 2014-2016 was a period of preparation, of rehearsal for the real kick-off, with Toyota waiting for the girls to be in a situation that will let them be available for a serious idol career and with some experience. That's why, all of a sudden, you're seeing concerts, solo concerts, TV shows, who knows a single. And this event worked as a presentation: "this is who we are, these are our girls. Love them!"

Meh...

Of course it is. In fact, I'd say that's exactly their point.

If that means that we don't have to hear Jurina singing then I will greet it with open arms.

3. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    ^
    I see it the way you described it and agree what the management is doing as well, the only thing all I am criticizing about is that they are too rushed to have solo member concerts right now imo, other stuff is a-okay. TV shows, variety programs, solo "group" concerts heck even singles is alright no problem go ahead knock yourselves right out, the girls earned it. But they should really consider to wait another 2 or 3 years before they do actual solo member performances.

Com'on she isn't that bad lol

I actually love her and Matsui Rena's voice, its so "unique' I love it.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
  4. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    There is no such thing as underage or inexperience in the entertainment world. It all boils down to fan support.

If you are going to weigh the value of an idol based on traditional measure of singing and dancing ability then do you don't know what an idol is. And, a concert is made meaningful by the long wait, where did you get that s***? A solo concert is significant itself because its a shared event by an idol and her fans. Its similar to a private moment they can both enjoy and celebrate as an achievement.

I don't think its something to wonder why Oda Erina and Miyupon wasn't on the list of idols with solo concert. Its simply statistics and probability. They can't assemble enough fans to compensate for the cost of organizing a concert because if they do the management would all be too happy to give them one.

I think you are sorely mistaken in judging that the fans are shallow enough to based their preference solely on outer appearance. Its merely a factor that attracts fans but not something that retains them. They won't spend a dime if you're not worth it.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
  5. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    I partly agree with you in terms of solo concert should be earned not given.
    But I personally think three solo concerts for the current top 3 members (sorry Ikumin :worthy:) are like Toyota and the management testing the water for the aces. Pretty sure that there is something on stake behind the screen. Maybe the center of team 8 single *finger crossed*?
    Vocal-wise those 3 are not even top tier in team 8, but being an idol is more than just singing ability. I think controlling (or pleasing) the crowd with your charisma, doing the right thing on the right song, picking the right person to ask for help plays a major role for being an ace. With so many members in the group, what other way to effectively measure it beside side solo concert?

Yuiyui asking Sasshi's favor is a very good move IMO, the HKT's big boss even manage to attend the concert and post it herself. I don't know if it staged or not but I think it shows that she knows how to maximize the network she can get within AKS. The result? well Yuiyui is originally a middle-back row member in 47 suteki, look where she is now. Naru's concert shows her grit to be the ace. Feel bad for Ikumin when Naru says that she is her rival (and iku is her back dancer). Nagi's concert pretty much like trying to create Mayu concert. I don't know if Mayu has a say in Nagi's setlist just like Sasshi with Yuiyui's, but at least Nagi stays true to her first sentence in the first Team 8 documentary that she wants to be like Mayu :^^;:. Too bad Mayu did not show up or even post anything about it, otherwise I think it will be a very good endorsement for Nagi to be Team 8's ace.

If they did not held the east-west-unification concerts will people attend? I think the management will not even do that. It is much easier to add complementary concerts to support the main ones with the "history" gimmick rather than the other way around. From fans' perspective, if you cannot get the ticket for the unification concert, then east or west is good enough, or at least you can get the aces' solo concert with a chance of your oshi in the background. While there are people who try to get in all 6 concerts, I believe not many will think about it in reverse order. Don't forget, more concerts equals more money for AKS and more publication material for Toyota. :^O^:

6. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Hold on to your horses bro, having a different perspective on what an idol should be doesn't mean I don't know what an idol is.

Of course I know that, everybody knows that Macdonald's sells trash food hamburgers and fries but we still luv'in it and buy it cuz it's amazingly good. I'm just saying sometimes Macdonalds shouldn't sell half done paddies and fries because it makes the trash food actually trash that it is bad for your health. Do you get the point? Unless you don't give a damn and still shove it into your mouth cuz it's MacD's whatever...

Also imo, the idols in AKB is suppose to be more than that. More than pretty faces. It's down to earth blood, sweat and tears. In fact, I think Shimada Haruka, Oya Shizuka and Makamura Mariko are more closer to an idol-image than most of the younger 48G members. That is the kind of AKB spirit that our former general manager TKMN was trying to build during her time serving the group. And if you can't wrapped that around your mind, then you missed out what AKB is. Yes, quality hamburgers and fries done right.

Naw man, a solo concert is made meaningful because of the effort the person has put into the time period of training and practices, trying hard to prove that she is able to single handingly give a outstanding performance on the stage through singing and dancing experience. And that requires a long time, no?

And honestly you all can bear the solo singing performances by them? Their voices are shaking so bad :O It's too painful and hard for me to even bear down. I can't even imagine what would it be like in the actual live.

But your definition is true though yet it's a sad reality that how akb concerts has become lower standard, I think I wouldn't be too ticked off if the management advertised it as a fan meeting type of concert.

So please tell me why is the legit reason that these three got special treatment chosen to have a solo concert then? Is it anything other than looks and popularity? Please give me some other insights or qualities that I may have missed.

Well, if you take it to that point. I would say this would be a legit reason behind this solo concert thing.

Your definition of a charismatic idol is not bad. And wow, thanks for sharing your insights it's very helpful for me to get my head around this issue! I couldn't agree more.

7. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Maeda Atsuko, Kojima Haruna, Kashiwagi Yuki, Watanabe Mayu.

Which one of these sings better?

Yume e no Route at 85th? Wasting votes, what a brilliant idea!

Nemousu TV Season 22 episode 7 was subbed. You can find it at certain team's lounge.

8. taniyuri

taniyuri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    Yeah the concert is risky,from management POV,but Why team 8 able to do that?of course because of Toyota-san...Being there as sponsor already make a much different than normal akb team.
    And why the 3 aces get solo concert?maybe management want to emphasize drama that happen in team 8 right now.
    Naru that always become front row finally able to overtake Ikumin as center in dramatic event.
    Nagi that originally aces,make comeback as aces after trying to "throw away" the tittle that she had and chose to be 2nd row member.
    And there is dark horse yuiyui,who is not even top ten member but able to reach this spot after get so many support from each performance and show that she had (you can count how much yuiyui oshi cam in youtube compare other member)

Yeah maybe if Odaeri,rinrin or kurenyan that get solo concert it will become better concert,and i believe it still had lot viewer,because eitas know their quality even if they are not their oshi.
    But it done already,with this 3 aces and the result still appleasing for the fans either...Hope they will be better idol after this,so just enjoy each event that they will had...nobody perfect anyway.

9. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Tough one...but I'd say Mayuyu

I don't comprehendo?

Sure, I'll go check it out.

10. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    It's obviously Nyan. Which one of them doesn't have a solo career?

The Holy Trinity was united in SR.

11. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    I think its much better if you first get a feel of the consensus of the forum on certain subjects you are trying to raise before employing it to your rationalization. It will save time to the both of us.

And to note, "Dōryoku wa kanarazu mukuwareru" is a myth and history will attest to that.

12. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    lol where you taking me senpai?

Well, you asked me to give my opinion on it and I did didn't I?

Getting a feel of the majority consensus won't change my thought on this subject lol?

If that is truly what you believe then I'd say AKB is dead.

13. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    To the Dark Side of the Force?

14. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    lmao what's next you are my father? XD

15. rendizzz

rendizzz Next Girls

Yamada still in management radar..great

Lmao

Are you sure about oshi cam?

------
    How about public in japan react this solo concert? I see many good comment in net and news.

16. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    No, I'm an emo Jesuit priest.

I went to YouTube and typed Yuiyui's, Naru's and Nagi's names (in Japanese) to see how many people uploaded videos from their solo concerts (not exactly what you'd call an oshi cam, but you know...). Oddly enough, I think Nagi had the most. But that doesn't mean a thing, because most videos are posted on Twitter.

I don't know about the general public, but the DD eitas that were at the venue were turning into those three members oshis.

17. taniyuri

taniyuri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    I mean is the small event that toyota had,and also i mean compare to other is compared to another not ace member....so this oshicam that spread yuiyui to public make her in current position as ace level(at least that is for me to become yuiyui oshi).

general public is simple,if you eitas or at least know how idol work, of course you give positive feedback.if not,their lackness is easy meal to strike.

18. dunkindonato

dunkindonato Upcoming Girls

The three solo concerts were aimed at Team 8 fans in general who would go to these events as faithfully as possible. That's why someone said that it is a calculated risk. On top of that, Team 8 needs to push their top members already. 8 is the kind of team that you'd love as a whole but they won't get anywhere without a certified top member.

It's also a stretch to say the girls don't deserve a solo concert (which I've been hearing when they were first announced), since most everybody else has the same work experience anyway and the better singers aren't popular enough to pull in a crowd.

Sent from my SM-J100ML using Tapatalk

19. renjiro

renjiro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sakaguchinagisa
    Those solo concerts were purchased individually. So for example those who go to Yuiyui concert can only go to Yuiyui concert unless they buy another ticket for the other concert.

What makes you say that they are not putting any effort? Those girls are putting effort as much as any other member

Did you go to the event itself or did you see the whole concert to prove your point? They sang 20+ songs and they sang it live, some of those song also requires a lot of dancing while singing yet they sang it live. Those girls worked really hard to perform live for their audience and I appreciate that. They're singing must not be that good compare to other great singers but I don't care at all since they are my girls and I love to see them grow from worst to best.

20. rendizzz

rendizzz Next Girls

Even when i saw yamada video in youtube, nagi video always show up in suggestion...
    So i believe around eito member, nagi will on the top if we talking about it

If we go with that circle, obviously nagi and yamada will win..but it helped from old video when team 8 still nobody
    If we talking about current situation, maybe yuiyui and nagi..but i still believe nagi, after that yamada and yuiyui
    We need neutral for this, even if you eita you still can be objective...for for positive feedback
    But yeah everybody have their reason...