[GENERAL] The Sakurazaka46 / Keyakizaka46 Thread

Discussion in 'General Sakurazaka46 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Blitzius

Blitzius Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hashimotonanami
    thats a fair point, sorry about that. editted my posts

2. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    If you're going to give style guides to Keyakizaka fans it's only polite to not use "48G" as your reasoning ;)

3. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    being 48g and sakamichi series is not the point, being more clear in our post is.

this is not a style guide.

4. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    Oh yeah i forgot that they have pretty much the same nickname. Sorry!

5. kanjo

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    I didn't know what else to call this. The terminology wasn't really important. Telling people how to comment should be considered a favour and you should be considerate when asking for favours

Also I'm usually caught up on 48G side of the forums and I've never seen anyone called out for using Fuuchan, Naachan, Nanamin, etc. for 48G girls.

6. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

Well, I remember that Naako and Nako are different girl.

And to put an end, I'll use Fuuchan for Yagura Fuuko and Fuu/Fuyuka for Saito Fuyuka.
    My subjective term. Feel free to use yours.

7. gocchisama

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    being considerate when asking for favors? I find it quite ridiculous that talking about the 48group ( which is not even the main point in the first place) is considered impolite. Hell, it's even logical that i use it because knowing 200 girls + their nicknames is still hard to do even for us fan. Something that has less impact if i quote sakamichi series.

But as a said that has nothing to do with it. Someone who use the nickname of a Nogizaka third gen, i would say the same thing. And instead of someone asking each time who we refer too, a little () with the name would considerably be more convenient. Of course with super popular member, my remark is less important. Though, someone asked recently what "techi" meant.

It's not a personal ask. More like forum well-being. Instead of me telling people what to do, i ask them to be more conscious on how they write; we can continue speak of the members using zuumin, rotti, etc but for newcomer it makes the reading opaque. I remember that once, people were all using nickname when i entered the fandom and it is was a bad experience for me to go back and forth to 48-46 profile page to know what the conversation is about.

the reason why you didn't note the struggle between nicknames is that unfortunately, people tend to stay tight on their sub thread and don't mix. For someone like me who travel the whole stage, i can tell you it becomes confusing.

8. kanjo

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    I'm not saying it's impolite to discuss the 48G, but I'm saying you're talking to mostly Keyakizaka fans.
    Many are Sakamichi-first or Sakamichi-only fans and we don't use "48G" to describe 48G+Sakamichi.
    It's only polite/conscious to avoid that, especially when asking us to go out of our way to make it easier for 48G-first fans to read the Sakamichi forums.

I don't disagree with what you're saying. It is a nice gesture and makes the forums better with little effort. But I'd like you to acknowledge it is a one sided request.
    No one makes the same comments for the 48G. Even if the 46G member has seniority or even is more popular,
    on 48G threads fans are never expected to be careful around certain nicknames to avoid confusion for 46G fans.
    And even as a 46G-first, I don't find that confusing.
    So from my perspective it's already a 48G-centric request, so I'm asking in return you don't call Keyakizaka "48G", that's all.

This might be coming across as aggressive or argumentative, but it's not supposed to be.
    It's just my thoughts on the request itself and nothing personal

9. gocchisama

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    Now that's an issue that really irritate me.

I, am, a keyakizaka fan.

I'm absolutely uttered when reading "asking us to go out of our way to make it easier for 48gr-first fans". You don't want me to take it personal, but you exclude me from the 46 point of view, like i don't understand it. Did you just assume i favor one side compared to another, which in this case is 48group over 46group? I'm not going back on my 48group example. It's used to illustrate how difficult it is to remember all girl's name and nicknames, not to antagonize 46 and 48. I have NO side.

Even more worrying, you argue that my remark weigh less because it's a one sided request from a 48g point of view and it's a unfair treatment because 48g wants to have it their way. There's NO discrimination of behavior between 48 & 46 simply because my remark is meant to anyone.

To make it easier for 48gr fans is a non-issue. Keyakizaka46 is a young fanbase. middle schooler, high schooler, people too young to have started with AKB. To use nickname from non popular members will be as much confusing. Probably not Techi, she is Keyaki center... but if someone start Nogizaka fandom and you talk about rotti, do you really think he will conclude it's kawamura mahiro??

You called it a 48g centric request and it's just plain wrong. To make it looks like an issue depending of our affinity is outrageous.

I am not biaised.

10. kanjo

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    I know you're a Keyakizaka fan. I'm not excluding you from that. But you have the perspective of someone who was a 48G fan first.
    The difference is in your expectations. I don't care which group is younger, I know Saito Fuyuka more than Yagura Fuuko. That's because I have the perspective of a 46G-first fan.
    If I hear Fuuchan I don't think of Yagura Fuuko. I like her but I never talk about her so I'm not used to her nickname.
    Me writing Saito Fuyuka and avoiding Fuuchan is only for the benefit of fans with a 48G-first perspective.
    Sure, it's easier for newcomers, but we got used to it, didn't we?

The reason I'm calling it 48G centrist isn't because you like 48G first though.
    The reason it's 48G centrist is because it's not reciprocated in the 48G side of the forums.
    I'm not calling you biased. It's not about your preferences
    and I certainly don't think you're doing anything on purpose.
    But you have different expectations from a large number of members who are active in this thread as a result of being initially an AKB fan.
    Many of us weren't. I know Yagura but I'm sure a lot of the people you initially replied to never heard of her.

I'm sorry if you think I'm trying to put you down as an inferior fan, I'm not. I'm just trying to explain why avoiding shared nicknames isn't default for us.
    To be absolutely clear: I don't think being an AKB fan first makes you any less of a Keyakizaka fan now.

Note: there has been a lot of edits to prevent this coming across badly. Hopefully it worked.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  11. gocchisama

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    Well i think it's time for everyone to care a little bit more about others, wherever they come from.

as you said, we get use to nicknames. But to not feel like helping people from outside because "it's not a 46g problem", is really sad. You see your self interest but neglect the needs of potential new fans.

What's more, the one sided behavior that you claim is yet to prove.

12. kanjo

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    I mean, you could search the forums for Fuuchan, Naachan, Nanamin and see plenty of people use those nicknames in NMB/AKB threads without anyone calling them out on it.
    When's the last time you told people to call Okada Nana by her full name? Or any 48G member.
    The same issues should apply.

And I told you I agree that it's a good idea and that I agree with being helpful.
    But it is for the sake of 48G fans because Keyakizaka fans don't inherently have the same problems as 48G+Keyakizaka fans.
    For all we know they only care about their 32 members and don't have to worry about how many members are in the 48G,
    and on top of that don't have any reason to know which members have nicknames which clash.

But in spite of this I'm happy to use (actually continue using) full names, but in exchange I'm asking you to not call Keyakizaka the 48G.
    I don't think it's asking much.

13. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Did anybody try the chicken?
    I thought the chicken was delicious.

But... aren't they? lol

Nogi and Keyaki might have a different number, but they're basically SG to AKB except for not intervening in HS and so on.
    Nogizaka singing Aitakatta and Hebirote? HKT singing SaiMajo?
    The 4846 dream team over the summer?

Yeah, totally not related to 48G at all.

... and now I wait to be burned like the witch I am.

14. Aozora

Aozora Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sugaiyuuka
    Did anyone watch the new keyabingo? I thought Saito Fuyuka's reply was hilarious. [hehe].

15. kanjo

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Didn't really want to get into it but no, they're not.
    They can be related and not be part of it.
    They have their own group name, they have their own conventions and managers.
    I'm a fan of both and enjoy seeing them interact, but they're not the 48G, any more than Aki-P's new musical troupe or Seiyuu group will be.
    And even as a fan of both I care about the fact that they're different.
    Why try to make them the same?

Incidentally this discussion contains a fair bit of evidence.
    Same group shouldn't repeat nicknames. Gets confusing. So there's an unwritten rule against it, yet:
    Naachan-Naachan. Fuuchan-Fuuchan. Miichan-Miichan. Nanamin-Nanamin.
    Keyakizaka members weren't supposed to copy Nogizaka nicknames but 48G nicknames is fine.
    Similarly 48G girls don't have any issue with Sakamichi nicknames but avoid clashing with each other.

The amount of interaction isn't special compared to say, Idolling back before AKB flew out of their league. Doesn't make idolling 48G.
    Also, Morning Musume didn't join the 48G last week. And AKB has collaborated with Morning Musume way more than Nogizaka.

16. MeoJim

MeoJim Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    obamina
    Tbh, with even 200+ girls who are active, let alone including grads, I'm surprised we haven't encountered this nickname issue before! So credit to the members for continuously finding new pet names for themselves till now? :p

That aside, and as someone who also likes floating around the different groups, I always thought we never had an issue before was because everything was contextual? Even with the current case, I would rarely associate Fuuchan with Yagura Fuuko on a Keyaki thread, nor would I assume they were talking about Saito Fuyuka if Fuuchan was used on an NMB thread, because they've barely interacted between each other anyway (though we'll see if that still holds true in a few years ^_^ )

And for the case of new fans, if they have trouble searching for the "right Fuuchan", shouldn't they feel okay with asking a simple enough question on the forum? We all have to start somewhere, and existing fans should help the new ones so that this fandom grows; If new fans don't feel they can do that then we have a bigger problem than just members having the same nickname.

Of course, if we don't want the general thread to clog up with "new-fan" questions, then start a group's Q and A thread! It's not that hard, and I've often wondered why only a couple of groups have them :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  17. gocchisama

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    I asked many times who was who in NMB thread. I just don't know who Aapon is, nor saeppi, etc.

And for god sake i used 48group to make an example. Not to put 48&46 in the same basket.

If we're just going to make circle let's just end it here.

18. megawotaku

megawotaku Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    If we're in the Keyakizaka section, Fuuchan is Saito. If we're in the NMB section Fuuchan is Yagura. Just take a step back and remember which section you're in and there shouldnt be a problem.
    There's just really no reason to have a fight over this, its such a small matter.

• Like Like x 1
  19. MeoJim

MeoJim Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    obamina
    And I understand that too; I don't really care about the "48-46G" war, and I'm not saying there is much of a divide between the two Groups anyway because, whatever the hardcore fans might say, as @Trinu said 46 and 48 are basically operating as sister groups at this point (cousin groups maybe? [hehe] )

I just wanted to highlight the point which (I think) you wanted to highlight, in that new fans won't automatically know who "Fuuchan" is, which is why I wanted to point out that this shouldn't be something that matters much, but also something that clearly isn't being resolved either. The fact that you say this:
    Emphasises the problems I think you're trying to point out, which shouldn't be there if we want a fandom such as this to grow.

Long story short: I can see your point, I can see what @kanjo was talking about, and I'm trying to bridge what appears to be two different issues.
    Or, I'm trying to force square pegs into round holes, and we can just call it a night/day/whatever-time it is on your side of the world on this topic :p

20. SERIZAWAAAA

SERIZAWAAAA Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    HERE YE HERE YE. LETS SPREAD MORE LOVE TO WHICHEVER FUUCHAN IT IS WHETHER IF BE SAITO FUYUKA, YAGURA FUUKO OR THE FUUCHAN I KNOW IN MY CLASS. SPREAD LOVE BROTHERS

• Like Like x 1