1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single AKB48 48th [Negaigoto no Mochigusare] (2017/05/31)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Mar 20, 2017.

1. MocchiMooch

MocchiMooch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    This song has me stunned. I LOVE IT. I wasn't expecting it at all, especially that minor key that kinda crept up on me.

For the most part, the vocals were fantastic. A couple clunkers here and there, especially near the end, but I'll forgive them because those harmonies sounded pretty unusual and difficult. These girls aren't trained vocalists, so I'm proud of how well it turned out.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hayuucchan

Hayuucchan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamadananami
    Why is everyone complaining about KnP, TwI and Knbmb when the actual worst was Halloween Night?

Anyways there goes my intention to buy all types... Choir Song... No thanks

3. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

The studio version will sound better though

But I agree with those who are getting Halloween moments with it.
    It could very well be the DEATH CASH song or whatever that drama was called.

4. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Have to say, passing it to NMB and SNH is not a bad idea though :hehe: The regular senbatsu have more "assets" to begin with compared to AKB. Look which sister group slays our poll in the other thread about...well, you know :D

I don't think Toyota ban bikini shots for the whole AKB. There are still PBs / photos with AKB members in bikinis featuring T8. Which of course they just wear the "minimal coverage allowed" clothing which covers a lot :^^;:
    But their market in general may prefer bikini shots less than what it used to be. It can caused by shift in trend, or AKB expanding their target market to whom prefer elegant looking women. IIRC Mayu and Paru deliberately avoid wearing bikinis even in SSK PB, it may be the case in smaller scale.

About the song, I like it more after knowing the lyrics. I don't mind with AKB become adventurous in music style for their A-side. They have long past their "establishing foundation" period. If you remember around 2 years ago, we know exactly what to expect from Nogi and HKT A-side. The same happen with Keyaki and NGT nowadays, with Nogi and HKT need to start doing slightly different things. I think the one who go slightly off track by doing various type of song is Team 8, but their circumstances is different because they didn't do any A-side (yet). And they technically are a team under AKB, not a sister group. Of course there will be arguments about various music style in B-side. But TBH, discussion about B-side is minimal at best outside the fandom. The majority will talk only about A-side.

I still not over the decision of the centers though. But with Sakura and Jurina centering the song, I expect remix of arrangement from the choir song to a dance-heavy song. If they do choir song, I think it will be better with Mayu/Yuki/Sayanee as centers leading the squad of their own vocal range. They just have better vocal ability and distinct vocal character than those two.

For the record, I think KnP is great :^O^: it is a light and uplifting song, I have no complains whenever it played in my device. The same for TwI, KwM, HT, LT, HN, SS. But not for KnBMB :fp:

Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
  5. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

Maybe the Jurina-Sakura center makes sense if the PV has a storyline and they are the main characters. I don't care for AKB's overly convoluted movie like PVs, but they're into making them anyway, and it might be a good idea for a song like this unless they do something like Sakura no shiori's PV (I don't think they will though, why would they copy their own concept?)

I'm going against the (silent heh) majority and saying I'd prefer if they kept the song as it is for the A-side, but I love choral music and I'm impressed with how well they sound considering they aren't trained vocalists (and some of the senbatsu members are downright tone deaf, like Mio and Kitarie :awesome:) and I love that minor key change as well, it gives the song a different feel from the hopeful Sakura no Shiori, this one has more character imo.

6. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

Surprised at the # of people who don't like Kimi wa Melody. I don't like that Sakura centered it and I don't care that grads came back for the PV but regardless of those things, I actually consider it my favorite AKB song...for now at least... :^^;: I love the instrumentals and the breezy springtime feel. The lyrics are cute, whimsical and nostalgic, they inspire vague memories of my own past days. The atmosphere of a song is the most important to me and KwM has the whole package as far as how it makes me feel: when I listen to it, I get the color pink, the season of spring, the feel of a light, fresh breeze and nostalgic memories. So I think that's why it's ended up being my favorite (it usurped Fortune Cookie, even!).

But that's why it's always interesting to see the vast range of opinions on this forum. People are so different from one another in the things they like and find value in.

7. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    HN was better than KnP and KnBMB though. That is, the song was. The PV was one of the worst of all time.

8. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    I like it, but for a personal reason. I was in Japan for the first time last March speaking almost no Japanese. I was in a small store shopping, trying to explain myself to two young female clerks, when it came on the radio. The speaker was above us, and I looked up and said, "Ah, Kimi wa Melody." I got a great reaction from the two clerks who looked at each other and giggled, perhaps because I didn't fit the part of someone who would know AKB48. It made a great memory for me.

I also saw KwM playing on screens around Shibuya Crossing, but the store episode was much more memorable.

9. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

That's a cute story :blush:

It's usually fun to find your hobby going on out in the wild.

10. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Agreed about the song, and I don't even like Halloween. The PV however, I found to be really fun. But I spent a lot of time club hopping in my student days. :XD:

11. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

I liked the references to 80's videos, there was even an Arabesque reference ffs lol

12. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    I like KwM and KnBMB. I don't like Halloween Night.

And in general I think KnP is a troll song lol

13. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    ^ 4-9 agree

But Green Flash is my jam lol The MV was one of my favs too

And I think Japanese fans thinks it's actually an under-rated song along with Bokutachi wa Tatakawanai when they look back now lol

Bottom 3 though...I can't tell what's worse...

But I can say Tsubasa wa Iranai is my least favourite...

14. SorrowAir

SorrowAir Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Seeing that their members are mostly younger now.
    They need to release something similar to River and Beginner again

I thought they'd be more high energy after the departure of Koji-nyannyan and Paruru.

Bring some energy back please

15. parukii

parukii Kenkyuusei

Aww that's such a cute story! <3 Kimi wa Melody does have that nice breezy feel that I grew to appreciate after I got over my oshi issues.

Green Flash and BokuTata are both so good!!! Top tier imho. I like Halloween Night, I giggle every time it comes on shuffle. I find it funny lol.

16. XOMuseHeart

XOMuseHeart Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    After listening to it a couple of times, I'm getting more and more of a 'Sakura no Shiori' vibe. If they released this instead of shoot sign then it would be seasonal. But for a summer song, it's not exactly the wisest choice. I love ballad's too. But I can't see this being successful, unless they make it more upbeat.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
  17. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

It will be successful just because it's the one that comes with election tickets though so the theme doesn't really matter. I find it sad that AKB's best single of the year (or at least the one people talked about the most) used to be the summer one, because of how energetic and cute it was and now we get this lovely song but I don't think it's as public friendly as PonyShu or EbiKachu.

18. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I think AKB gets a decent amount of airplay tbf.

My best friend has been living in Tokyo for almost two years now, and every two months he sends me some audio clip asking "There's a new song in the konbini, have they released something?" with the newest single in the background. :^^;:

He hated Halloween Night. :|

As for NegaiMochi, I'm still cautiously waiting for a radio rip, PV or something.
    It does have a weird tone to be and reminds me sometimes of BLACK FLOWER (and the piano doesn't help). Sakura no Shiori had a much brighter melody.

19. parukii

parukii Kenkyuusei

It'll be successful regardless of whether it comes with election tickets. :D The AKB business model pretty much guarantees success!!

20. sayakalover

sayakalover Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka

if the video does not show watch the video here

You know Tsubasa wa Iranai was a flop when the full MV still hasn't passed 1 million views...