1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The Sakurazaka46 / Keyakizaka46 Thread

Discussion in 'General Sakurazaka46 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 28, 2015.

1. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

Hmm... Something else I knew that only just former name... So little points... Oh my...

2. Alvin chipmunks

Alvin chipmunks Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shirashimai
  3. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

4. KazuminTechi

KazuminTechi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayamakazumi
    Twitter:
    yveeeeeshere
    Wow, my respect for them reaches a whole new level :) :) :)

5. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

In The Time of Keyakizaka 3, I thought Hirate looked fine. As she did in the SONGS interviews and videos. As she says, she hates half-measures and goes all-out when she's performing. Of course filming the Fukyouwaon MV was exhausting. She's at work and she's working. And she was intensely into the role. But then we saw her playing around with that dog at the W-Keyakizaka filming. I think all is well -- as long as fans and members treat her properly. I see management giving the captains most of the communication responsibilities. I think she's just gotten more serious, and isn't faking things much.

As for changing centres, don't hold your breath. Her performance this time around just makes it more likely they will not make a change. Imagine how the replacement would feel if their turn ended up with lower sales. One corollary of maintaining the all-21 might well be maintaining the same centre.

I don't know what it was that made Hirate consider quitting, but I think it is less likely over-work than outside things, like how she is treated by some fans at handshake events; or comments on Twitter or 2channel; or the rumoured invasion of their dorm that made them move; or even possibly the attitude of one or more ambitious members, who see her blocking their advancement. Or her feeling that she is just not up to it (maybe the facts are slowly convincing her that this isn't true).

6. Macron48

Macron48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    haradaaoi
    I think its extremely that Hirate will be center for the 5th single. Quite possibly the 6th single as well.

Ikoma was the center for Nogi's first 5 singles. Management probably will do the same for Keyaki in order to keep the face of the brand recognizable.
    One difference though is that, unlike Ikoma, Hirate really has an aura of "this girl truly deserves to be center". I've been following a lot of different idol groups for a while now and I've never seen anyone with such a strong center-aura as Hirate with the possible exception of Kanako Momota of Momoclo. But Momoclo is a 5-member group and Keyaki is a 21-member, so that says a lot.

7. KazuminTechi

KazuminTechi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayamakazumi
    Twitter:
    yveeeeeshere
    My theory is that after all the members experienced to be on the frontlines (which is likely after the 5th single), that is when the managemebt will start the real shuffling of members (with HiraKeyaki maybe) including the center I think.

Idk, just my theory tho haha

Sent from my A33w using Tapatalk

8. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

@KazuminTechi -- Interesting. I was thinking something similar (except for centre)...until Thursday, when they announced the expansion of Hiragana. Now it looks like two full-scale sister groups of some kind. But it seemed to me that once everyone has had a chance in the front line, there is an argument that the choice will be fair -- or at least as fair as it ever is -- and they could reduce the size of the senbatsu and/or bring in one or more Hiraganas. Those things could still happen, but the announcement on Thursday seems to me (and to a lot of Japanese comment) to make it less likely.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  9. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Just to complicate matters further -- or perhaps make them clearer -- here's a new statement from Konno-san (head of their management team) in the May Nikkei Entertainment:
    "[Hiragana Keyaki members are] basically members of Keyakizaka46, but with the position of having their activities as part of a separate group. However, members of Hiragana Keyaki who distinguish themselves may move toward entering Kanji Keyaki."
    今野義雄「基本は同じ欅坂46の一員でありながら、別のグループとして活動していくという位置付けです。ただ、けやき坂46で頭角を現したメンバーが、欅坂46へ加入するといった動きはあるかもしれません。」
    日経エンタテインメント! 2017年5月号増刊号より引用 source
    I've included the Japanese for others to make further elucidation with. I believe he says more literally "may move toward what might be called entering Keyakizak46." I think this means joining Kanji Keyaki. Whether this means as a kennin or in a switch, he doesn't say, and 2channel bats this back and forth.
    In any case, this sounds a lot like what was said when Neru entered the group and recruitment for Hiragana Keyaki was announced: Hiragana is an under-group, with its own activities, but outstanding Hiragana members could move up. No word on senbatsu size or moving down.

Page from Nikkei Entertainment. I got this from 2hannel, but the whole Hiragana feature from the magazine is on Keyakizaka Matome.

OpgMo0L.jpg

To me, the simplest conclusion is that what @woque says next is right, and that this is an undergroup with its own name. The problem is the all-21 senbatsu above it, blocking change. One 2channel comment suggests that some members of Kanji Keyaki would fit better -- and might even like it better -- in a "cute" group rather than a "cool" group, and the poster lists Uemura, Naako, Koike and Ozeki. The problem is that no-one wants to go down to an "under" group. I think we'll see Hiragana continue to establish its own personality. What happens then is hard to guess.

10. woque

woque Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    at this moment, my view is that hirakeyaki is undergirls with different name. what's the biggest senbatsu size in the history of 48G/Sakamichi?

11. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    The thing about Hiragana, and why Kanji members are so scared of the idea of moving, is exactly because Hiragana have this undergroup image they need to remove.

Do you want to move to an "undergroup"? Which means you are less popular than the rest of your friends? No one wanted that.

I believe that management are trying their best to remove this under group image from Hiragana, so they could be equal in status as Kanji and make it comfortable for all members (and by extension, us). Plus it'd be cool to have Kanji- the rebellious group- and Hiragana- the cute adorable group.

• Like Like x 1
  12. phikr1

phikr1 Kenkyuusei

i know naako looks cute , but she is "a rebel" :whistle::whistle:

but generally i agree that some kanji members are more suited with hiragana image, just remove this inferior image and they are good to go as twin group

13. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

How to remove the inferior image of Hiragana?

1. Double A-side. Even then it will be a challenge to make both those A-side performed at music program. There were never a case of twin sun of single co-exist. One will always overshadow the other. Better solution is, unsurprisingly, their own single debut. It will comes with another consequence, tho.
    2. Give them what Kanji has experienced before. That means their own drama, their own Keyabingo(At least Keyakitte has bridged this), and such and such to the hardest of it all, invitation to end-year NHK Kouhaku.

With that said, I'm still an advocate of Senbatsu-Undergroup hierarchy. Easier to manage than twin group symbiosis. I like to be proven wrong though.

14. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    If Nishimore Nijika is being kick out from 5th senbatsu by a hiragana, it's probably trigger a mental breakdown.

Finger cross that it doesn't happen.

15. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    And in pretty much any other idol group no one would bat an eyelid.

• Like Like x 1
  16. GRyuuu

GRyuuu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odaerina
    Frankly yeah no one would bat an eye, but for the fans who following K46 from the beginning it's still a terrible news. I think in the early keyakitte, she tried too hard to get attention and it was backfired her and that's why she less popular than the others

Sent from my SM-G313HZ using Tapatalk

17. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    I've been following Keyaki since day 0 and I don't care that much.
    I'd feel bad for her, but not more than other members.

It's not a personal thing.
    I like everyone in the group.
    I just don't have a reason to care more than for others.

18. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    I'd feel bad for her, especially after watching her 4th individual PV.
    I mean, the only reason i decided to start picking up Keyaki CD from 4th is to make sure that 4th is a success that the 3rd row to 1st row rotation will still be used in 5th.

I think that's more of Shiichan instead of Nijika. She's rather quiet and barely even talks, probably because of her calm personality, which is why the fans are not interested in her as much as say Oda.

19. SilentBreeze

SilentBreeze Member

^
    dude, i thought its a difficult topic . popularity, personality, how the member impressed you. sometimes it doesn't matter.

we have our own favourite. like they said everyone got their own taste of food.

well i'm not local citizen, i'm from other country. so i don't really know about whats really going on with the way their fans thought about them.
    for nijika case, sometimes i thought she just tried too hard to get attention.

but if i got a chance to meet all of the member, then it'll make me so damn happy because i don't need to choose between them. and ofc 1st is neru ♥

• Like Like x 1
  20. Titidus

Titidus Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yonetaninanami
    Because at first i want to know everyone better, i put more attention to senbatsu MV. I watch their individual pv, but solo MV is big no for me. While yuichanzu and sub-unit is okay for me, i never liked the idea of someone getting solo song. Never watch the MV lol.