1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

MNL48 News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'MNL48 News & Releases' started by MurasakiSora, Mar 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cyph

Cyph Kenkyuusei

Yeah. It's quite a mess there. The second phase hasn't even started yet and there's already problem. I don't like what's happening. I hope this matter gets resolved soon.

2. miharuuu

miharuuu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    I think it was kinda resolved for now since the admin of the page had a convo with her and explained that they just post confessions I think the applicant thought that it was the admin who wrote that but it was only sent to the page

3. Vivienne

Vivienne Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odanana
    It was resolved, in a bad way. lol. I saw this argument evolve since I had been online all day this week lmaO

As far as I know, someone confessed that the contestant EunEun is being too overconfident as seen in her posts in the local fan group (eg. She made a joke on why only famous people are on the top, and she said "pano naman kaming mga cute at talented/what about us who are cute and talented).

Obviously, the girl got angry, so she sent a confession against the original confessor. The problem was, the admin forgot to erase her name in the caption (Instead of placing the codename, [ex. from babygirl] they put "from eun")]. The admin did not follow their privacy policy for the first time, which might be because of a bias against her, or it might be not on purpose. No one knows.

So the girl confronted the admin. regarding this issue. According to the Admin's post, they had a fight in the chat. Admin who had enough of her rant told her that she shouldn't brag too much, because that's not how an idol should act and also the reason why she's receiving hate. And then they banned her from the page (according to them, to stop the war).

I can't say what Eun said in the chat, because she didn't post any screenshots of her speaking, just the admin.

So girl asked her to mass report the MNL48 confessions page for their bullying and spreading false info about her, and to make people aware that they do not follow their privacy policy.

So far, that's the summary. Though of course, there are also minor juicy details that happened, though it may be confusing if I put it here because it's hard to explain in English haha.

Hopefully they stop spreading hate. We're supposed to bring happiness, not this kind of things lol

[This post was edited as much as possible to avoid any types of biases. I am not siding with either Eun or Admin. Both of them are wrong lol]

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
  4. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    Wow such an attitude. If she pass, this 'scandal' will stick to her name.

The page admin is a bit as fault too, though, did he apologize for his mistake?

5. GRyuuu

GRyuuu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odaerina
    based the explanation from @Vivienne I think the admin is bigger fault than the girl. But I don't know how the girl complaints at the fb page that cause 'war' that eventually got banned.

But nothing will achieved by comparing whose sides fault the most cause the damage has been done. Just like @too much idea said It'll take much effort to remove the "scandal" image from her if she pass. Good thing is other applicants can learn how to handle this kind of problem more carefully in the future

Sent from my SM-G313HZ using Tapatalk

6. Cxstridert's mikhail

Cxstridert's mikhail Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yabukinako
    It's too bad... Whether his/her fault, they must be cautious on their action.

But skippin' over the issue...
    Did MNL operation division & staffs have a problem announcing 2nd round of audition?? (*sorry if I'm too annoying regarding on this auditions) it's been a year now and yet we still waitin' for announcement and updates.. I have been worried that MNL48 going to flopped :cry2:if they not announced it until may ... (*hopes not to happened)

7. Vivienne

Vivienne Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odanana
    S/he did actually. But now people are wary and suspicious of him/her. This is what he said in the second confession's comment section:
    "But I know that this action resulted to some problems and at the end of the day I too got feed up with her resulting of me banning her from the page.
    All was a result of a misunderstanding and unprofessional actions and for that I deeply apologize to everyone concerned."

If you're a Filipino, you can view Eun's post on the whole situation here. I would love to translate some of the stuff written in Filipino, but I don't want to spread hate.
    EDIT: Seems like the admin themselves have their take on the story, half of it is written in English.

I fear the same thing. I'd love to trust the management, but its hard to do so when you can't see them trying at all. :\

8. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    The admin properly apologized, while in the face of a big scandal like this sometimes it's tempting to blame someone else than admitting it yourself, so i really appreciate the explanation (from their side) and respected that.

9. Vivienne

Vivienne Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odanana
    Same. I wish Eun would have done the same. She did in fact, ruin the page's entity by claiming that they were the ones who wrote the confession, they're an applicant who's trying to destroy here, etc. Everything could have been so much better.

10. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    Whoa she spins the fact to her favour?
    Lol prob to save her face and pride.

That's really horrible, i'll check her profile in the site asap to check whether i voted for her or not.

I'm not going to support someone with such personality.

11. Vivienne

Vivienne Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odanana
    Not really twist the facts, she only suspecting them of doing so.

" May proof din ako na mukhang sya rin yung may pakana ng post ng hater kong nagconfess mukhang iisang tao lang sila. "
    (I also have proof that it looks like he was the one who initiated the post of the hater that confessed, and it looks like they are only one person)
    ^^Tried to translate it without losing the original meaning and wording^^

" gusto ko lang po iwarn yung ibang candidates na yung admin ng MNL48 Confessions mukhang candidate din sa MNL48 auditions kaya di sya mapagkakatiwalaan "
    (I just want to warn the other candidates that the admin of MNL48 Confessions looks like an candidate of the auditions as well, that's why they're not trust worthy)
    But still though, going that far.. She could have just said what MNL48 confession did and then tell them to mass report the page. No need for other things like suspicions lol.

I'm not going to stop you from unvoting her though, lol. She's both in the right and the wrong.

12. xcrossfacekillahx

xcrossfacekillahx Member

Oshimen:
    hondahitomi
    Twitter:
    crossfacekillah
    The following confessions after that looked clean though so no problems. You guys should save the photo if in case Eun goes through. It's something to think about.

13. kukocrunch

kukocrunch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
  14. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    That shouldn't matter. I think both JKT and SNH still debuted even before their theater is ready, renting a venue for live and appearing in TV shows.

15. GRyuuu

GRyuuu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odaerina
    Even after the members established, they need time to practice. It could take a month or more to finally start their debut. They could also have some kind temporary theater, just like JKT48 when they renovated their theater

Sent from my SM-G313HZ using Tapatalk

16. Sarah Grace

Sarah Grace Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokomichiyuri
    I read her post and it seems like... she has... an attitude. She didn't answer the problem with calmness but instead anger. *sigh* This is the thing that scares me if MNL48 will be established here. Hope for the auditionees that they will face the problem with calmness, not anger 'cause it'll ruin their name and the group's name. About the admin... he/she's like a little bit carefree? But still I respect the fact that he/she apologized.I'm hoping that this will serve as a lesson to everyone.

I'm still expecting that they will announce some news about MNL48 this summer (specifically this April). Waiting for MNL48's announcement is like I'm waiting for my death, It's killing meeee. Anyway, cyph shared the picture before that MNL48 will be born this 2017 (and I'm wondering how).

Sent from my H220 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
  17. dunkindonato

dunkindonato Upcoming Girls

Relax guys. We're just getting to the middle of the year. They still have a lot of time to meet the "born in 2017" tag-line.

Regarding the confessions bit. I personally am not a fan of those "confessions" stuff. But if you are a hopeful then you should be careful of what you say. Even if AKS would not handle MNL48 directly, you could never be to sure and many a poor idol lost their careers because of something they did or say in the past.

Sent from my SM-J100ML using Tapatalk

18. Vivienne

Vivienne Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odanana
    If they get the first round members in April, then the second round applicants in May, we'll get our first gen members in July (if they actually stream the contestants' final auditions, just like what they did in STU48), or we'll get them in September (if they show us the debut performance just like BNK48)

Though if the latter happens, it might actually happen in the Best of Anime 2017 (a local convention that happens every September of the year). Its' famous for holding live performances of different JPOP groups such as Starmarie.

Now I'm scared, I used to cuss a lot before because I had friends in the internet who are pretty much bad influences lol. I post a lot of things against our president, I hope I don't graduate because of that if I ever get in LOL.

19. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    There is a reason why they lock or deleted their SNS account the moment they are accepted, which is to avoid fans digging about your past.

Lucky if you have good friends, who won't leak it to net for internet fame/points.

20. Vivienne

Vivienne Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odanana
    Since we're in this topic on digging stuff about the past, what types of pasts would wotas not want to see? other than dating of course lol;;
    For me, I don't want a future member who had a physical fight with someone. lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.