1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The STU48 Thread

Discussion in 'General STU48 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

For the STU48 song in the AKB48 48th single.

2. Megumibex

Megumibex Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwasamisaki
    I'm not really feeling this senbatsu, I'm only interested in three of the girls and they're near the back. I'm super excited for the girls to get back on showroom though.

3. Takaminas

Takaminas Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Takahashi Minami
    I don't really know much about the senbatsu members, so I won't be disappointed just yet haha. I'm excited to see what the centre is like though!

4. Odd_Cinderella

Odd_Cinderella Next Girls

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    Awe! My three girls didn't make it! :( Sigh. Oh well. What's really surprising is that they didn't do what BtW did with their Senbatsu: huge Senbatsu, but had 16 "media girls," only 16 girls performed at a time? Please correct me if I'm wrong. :oops:

5. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I'm baffled by how many people are 'disappointed' already by STU and they haven't even debuted lol

All we've seen from the girls is SR and a bit of singing from the auditions, so just wait and see.

The only absence that surprises me is Cuca.
    I don't know if they're playing already the underdog card or she isn't just at the level of the rest.
    Or maybe they chose those who are blatantly bad so we see the progress.
    Who knows.

6. Rurouni

Basically this senbatsu is only for that STU48 song that will not have an MV (at least initially). So yes, in the recording, only these 16 members that are involved in it. They probably will perform it on the SSK event with that formation but I'm sure the other members will also come up to the stage when they perform it. Whether they will be the members that STU push to the media, I don't know. They sure will have a bit of an advantage compared to those that aren't selected, but I think it is still too early to tell. I'm not even sure whether all those member that are selected will be the one that are selected for Team S. The problem is that they selected those members with the idea that each prefecture have 2 reps, thus a lot of potential candidates (like the ASH girls) weren't selected since competition is though in Hiroshima.

Anyway, they are definitely preparing to be physically ready for the eventual theater performance, which is nice to see.

Also I'm kinda curious on why they actually show the formation. I was expecting that they will only call the name of the senbatsu members and announce the center. When was the last time 48G actually announce the formation for a song? Even on 46G, I believe only on their A-side that they actually announce the formation.

7. Megumibex

Megumibex Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwasamisaki
    I'm not necessarily "disappointed" with STU48, I've just lost some of my hype for this particular song (which already wasn't going to have an mv so I was kind of sad about that anyway). I'm excited hear what kind of sound they're gonna go for, finally get some profile pictures and see the girls on showroom again.

8. Rurouni

The problem for Cuca is Mori Kaho and Fukuda Akari. In terms of popularity (SR ranking), both are much higher than Cuca and they are all auditioned from Kagawa. Cuca was no.3 from Kagawa, but her ranking was far bellow both of them. If they select 3 from each like their original plan, Cuca should have a high probability to be selected.

9. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I think the song will eventually get a PV. Maybe in their first single?
    It's their very first song anyway.

I guess that's the reason.
    Still, 16 is a good number (THE sacred number in 48G), and I like that there's parity when it comes to girls from each prefecture.

I wonder if they'll continue having this X girls from each + NaSa for each song or they'll just go with the best of the bunch no matter where they're from.

10. Rurouni

Having said that (about ranking), no.75 wasn't selected. Probably because she is too old (21 yrs old, 1995). The rest are at least from 1997 with the exception of Sasshi of course.
    I really hope that for the next one they will only choose 1 from each prefecture (because no matter what, each prefecture will probably want at a rep in STU48 song) and the rest are the best of the bunch. If they want 2 from each prefecture, then I'm hoping they will expand the senbatsu to accommodate the best of the bunch (at least 18, preferably more).

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
  11. ET920

ET920 Member

For the next singles they'll probably have a better idea about which members to push. They probably decided based on the schedule. Regarding Kurumin (75), I don't think it was due age, otherwise they would have dropped her in the second audition. Just like the ASH girls, there wasn't a place for her.

Or maybe they are going to release a ballad or some other slow song, and thus the girls with good performance skills and stamina aren't necessary (giving the rest an opportunity to be senbatsu).

I just hope they stick with 16 members, 14 if Sasshi and Naachan are there. The fewer the available spots, the harder they'll work and thus, the more rewarding it'll be for them. Really, 16 is their magic number. I really thought they would place someone young as center as with HKT and NGT first songs, so I was pretty surprised.

12. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    agaaaaaaaaaaaaaaain... Sassi Nana... if I want to see them I just go to see many interesting AKB anf HKT TV programs, MVs, concerts... but STU...OMG :explode::rant::asdfgh::asdfgh::asdfgh::asdfgh::asdfgh::asdfgh::asdfgh::asdfgh::asdfgh::asdfgh::asdfgh::asdfgh::asdfgh::censored::censored::asdfgh::asdfgh::asdfgh::fp::fp:

13. jason.copeland23

jason.copeland23 Kenkyuusei

My favorite after listening to STU48 Audition clip

No.31 石田千穂 Ishida Chiho
    No.8 市岡愛弓 Ichioka Ayumi
    No.22 今村美月 Imamura Mitsuki
    No.10 大谷満理奈 Ootani Marina
    No.71 門脇実優菜 Kadowaki Miyuna
    No.75 佐野遥 Sano Haruka
    No.23 新谷野々花 Shintani Nonoka
    No.29 瀧野由美子 Takino Yumiko
    No.25 峯吉愛梨沙 Mineyoshi Arisa

HOLY...I googled their name and find that some of them are former ASH members !!!! (Nakamoto Himeka was there and so many talented girl)

Most of my picks are potential good vocals in the future.

And one thing that I've recognized.... Ootani Marina followed my twitter before when she was ASH Girl ! She only had approximately 700 followers back then , but now she's STU48 member! Holy...

Mod edit: photo removed, too big

her twitter
    I'm impressed with Ichioka Ayumi and Imamura Mitsuki the most.

And then...im disappointed a little bit because only 2 members in above list take part in their first song :(

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2017
  14. Rurouni

Updated the senbatsu image with their audition number + their audition location
    stu48 senbatsu position04.jpg
    Symmetrical formation :^^;:

If it is by birthplace, it would look like this
    Tokushima - Ehime - Hiroshima - Ehime - Tokushima
    Kagawa - Osaka - Okayama - Okayama - Aichi - Mie
    Fukuoka - x - Yamaguchi - x - Yamaguchi

Still a maximum of 2 from each prefecture, with the center actually born in Yamaguchi but the other Yamaguchi girl (Ichioka Ayumi) actually born in Fukuoka.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
  15. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Actually, you need a good voice to sing a ballad lol. It takes a lot less to sing a energetic song. Also, the stamina part is bullsh*t. We all know that 99% of the members lip sync anyways.

16. xinchun

xinchun Kenkyuusei

I'm slightly disappointed that all the girls I like didn't end up in the first senbatsu, but... uh, my list is longer than the senbatsu list, so it was inevitable... lol

Here's my list of those who I thought were good and stood out to me:

Senbatsu:
    Ichioka Ayumi
    Fujiwara Azusa
    Cho Orie
    Fukuda Akari
    Mori Kaho
    Torobu Yuri
    Mishima Haruka
    Taniguchi Mahina

Others:
    Ishida Chiho
    Ishida Minami
    Imamura Mitsuki
    Otani Marina
    Kuroiwa Yui
    Sakaki Miyu
    Shioi Hinako
    Shintani Nonoka
    Sugahara Saki
    Tanaka Kouko
    Mineyoshi Arisa
    Morishita Maiha
    Yano Honoka

I'll admit I first took interest only because of Miyu but there's a LOT of pretty good singers and performers from what I can tell from the audition clips, so I'm really optimistic. Hope their songs are good.

The symmetrical formation makes me think that it's really just to have variety and the Team S(whatever number) and usual senbatsu going forward would be different... I mean, with future auditions and graduations it'd be pretty tough to keep senbatsu and each team exactly equal in terms of number of people from wherever. lol

17. Shirase Miyuki

Shirase Miyuki Member

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    I'm just so glad Hina made the cut... and first row, at that
    Ahahah 3 yamaguchi girls crashing it
    I hope Cuca is the underdog, I really hope so.

18. ET920

ET920 Member

AKB48 was one of the latest groups to actually do live singing, before they only did lipsync'ing, but lately they have done much more live singing. And the senbatsu members are given the real mics, while the back ones are given the fake ones.

A ballad alone requires an extremely good voice, but a ballad sang by 16 girls doesn't. And you prevent girls with very little experience having to remember both dancing routines and lyrics.

While it's everything we have, we shouldn't consider the singing prowess of these girls by just their audition video, as some could have been hampered by nervousness. And we should also remember this is an idol group, so the threshold for being a senbatsu/center member is pretty low.

19. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

AKB doing live singing. Very funny :lol:

If the girls are nervous because they are at an audition, wouldn't they be more nervous being in front of professional recording equipments and a person that will guide them on how to sing the song? Also, some girls are straight up tone deaf. They aren't even nervous [hehe]

20. Rurouni

I've been thinking about the showroom thing. I don't know if their profile picture (the official one) will be ready for it, but even of they don't, they will probably use the one they from the audition. The important thing is that this time with their real name associated with it. Combined with the fact that they can stream, I hope this can boost their HS sales. Still enough time for the 8th round and the resale rounds.
    Also with the senbatsu reveal, hopefully we can see a bit more sold out slots on the 7th round.