Tashima Meru (Meru) / 2nd Generation

Discussion in 'HKT48 Graduated Members' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Lisa

Lisa Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    I bought 40 votes for Meru through the forum admin this year. Last year I gave her 21, but I figured she would need a boost this year... however, I was extremely disappointed with her rank in the prelims... if this keeps up we might see her dropping in rank even more... Nothing out of the ordinary happened to her this year, so I don't feel confident at all that she managed to increase her voters... I do hope her current fans did pull together more resources and decided to invest more this year... I have no idea about what goes on with her fandom in Japan, I wonder if she has some sort of organized fan club that organized a voting fund for her or something...

2. Mayoi

Mayoi Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Can anyone link to the website where we enter our vote codes? I can't find it this year...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

3. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
  4. Mayoi

Mayoi Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Thank you! I should have read my voting cards, it had that site on there. Finished voting! :)

5. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    LOL. I could have told you it was on the voting card, but I figured if you asked, you hadn't really looked and a link would be easier for you.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Lisa

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    @fildzahat Oh wow! That's a first right? I definitely want to watch that!!! So cute!

7. fildzahat

fildzahat Kenkyuusei

Previously she had performed this unit in concert with paruru & rena. But that was before she puber

8. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

9. Lisa

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    @fildzahat is it possible that you'd have a link to that performance?

@ForrestFuller Thanks for the info, now I have a reason to create a twitter account!

10. Kaminari

Kaminari Kenkyuusei

Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
  11. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

12. fildzahat

fildzahat Kenkyuusei

What is this?[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 10, 2017
  13. xrahmx

xrahmx Member

Oshimen:
    Haruppi / Bibian
    Twitter:
    HT_xrahmx
  14. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    oh wow.. her pics of Sasshi, Madoka, Natsumi, and Aoi are just so good. That's the best pic of Madoka I've ever seen.

https://twitter.com/meru_chan_07/status/873520828578619393

It's surprising she was allowed to get a Twitter account. HKT has been probably the least SNS friendly group in 48g lol

15. DeJure

DeJure Member

Oshimen:
    imadamina
    Twitter:
    DeJureDM
    @fildzahat

She got to do a recommendation/review for that book. And it's going be posted in other places and media. It's also the main reason why she got to start a twitter, to initially spread this around and later her own other book reviews.

So the twitter will stay, and she says that she's going to try make it a tool to spread her reviews around more than only relying on G+ itself (We know the spread of G+ in general.. lol)

So she'll link to her posts on twitter, and in that way more publishers and people can take notice of it. I.e. to increase her work in that area.

Btw, that shows that for HKT there are three ways of getting a twitter. You have an agency other than AKS, you have a kennin with AKB where girls can just get an account or you get a job that requires/uses one and keep it.

16. Lisa

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    Oh thanks for the info @DeJure!! I'm so glad Meru is finding new ways to promote herself and specially that she got something that is within her interest area: books! I hope she is successful in this new endeavor!

In a different subject, how well do you guys believe she will do in this year's sousenkyo?

17. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Sigh.. honestly speaking, I get this gut feeling she isn't going to even rank. She hasn't really done all that much this year, except for her photography. Her pics are brilliant but it's not known outside G+. Plus, with the rise of the 4th gen, I think they will take a lot of votes from other girls. If Meru ranks, I can't imagine it be anywhere but 80-70 range. I really hope I get proven wrong and that she will rank

18. DeJure

DeJure Member

Oshimen:
    imadamina
    Twitter:
    DeJureDM
    A lot of fans say that is true that 4th gens like Aki have a fanbase which consists of capable fans who came from other girls. Why she instantly can count on organized support.

I don't think they all come from Meru though, or even mainly.
    I do think that Meru herself is still on a somewhat downward trend, and that not a lot has changed about her when you look at the entire past year. Things that really could've turned it around. So personally I think the chance is quite big for her to rank lower than last year.
    Not rank at all is a big much if you ask me, she still has good support.

Twitter, reaching out more to other members and this book stuff is a good start to turning things around again. Not everyone may agree but I do not feel a center or a kennin would help much now. I see those things mainly as amplifiers, so it'd be better to amplify a Meru with new fresh aspects to her. Otherwise I feel like ppl will say, "Oh it's Meru again okay whatever." Needs something from herself to spark that interest again.

19. Samara Morgane

Samara Morgane Member

Oshimen:
    umemotoizumi
    Sadly me too I believe that she will rank down!I hope she won't take it as hard as last year!

20. Lisa

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    Unfortunately, I also have a feeling that Meru will rank lower than last year... I still think she might stay in Next Girls, though she is really close to the bottom now. If she does rank lower, I have no doubt that she will take it very hard, possibly worse than last year... There is just no indicative that she has any justification for ranking higher, although I'd be pleasantly suprised... Her G+ doesn't attract a lot of people, she has lower numbers than both Nako and Miku. I don't follow much on 755, but from everything else, I think she is doing pretty bad... Even if Meru would get a center, she is still missing something that she had before and doesn't have anymore. She's changed a lot, and I don't think it's just related to maturing, she is missing the spark and passion she had before. If she doesn't find that back soon, we might just be looking at a downward spiral... Sad, but its looking pretty dire...

PS: one thing that came to mind was reading old news on Meru saying that she applied to HKT48 auditions because they were close to home and that Tokyo was too far for her. So I was wondering if perhaps the fact that she never got a kennin in AKB48 could've been due to her parents not allowing her to go to Tokyo in those conditions. I don't think management would announce a surprise kennin to a child without first getting approval of her parents, so maybe it wasn't that management didn't want to give her a kennin, maybe they simply couldn't because of her parents opposing... The more I think about it, the more it makes sense to me. She could've blossomed and done so great if around the time she was 14 she would've gotten a kennin in AKB48. Somehow her staying behind and seeing Mio and most of TTMC being more succeful could've broken her passion ...

Last edited: Jun 11, 2017