Event / Concert AKB48 49th Single Senbatsu Sousenkyo (17/06/17)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Mar 20, 2017.

1. nakotteiijan

nakotteiijan Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    矢吹奈子
    Yeah, She Definitely Is Just So Fat It's Painful To Watch.

are you kididng me.

2. Jimmie-san

Jimmie-san Kenkyuusei

Naru was borderline anorectic, it was scary to see her like that.
    Not to mention how unhealthy it was to be like that.

I don't think Naru is heavy at all atm, she has a tiny frame however so it might look like that, kinda like Neru from Keyakizaka46.
    Sure she could lose a few kg, but never go back to what she was before, that was just dangerous and looked horrible, like a skeleton.

Naru is still super cute now, and I prefer her this way over her anorectic way every single time.

3. Doflamingo

Doflamingo Member

Oshimen:
    yamadananami
  4. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

5. PetalidiStelle

PetalidiStelle Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Twitter:
    petalidistellee
    Can't wait to see the rain of Okinawa washing the tears and makeup off their faces lol

6. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Google says there's 50% chance of rain.

Let's hope they're making those rain dolls lol

7. Slacker13

Slacker13 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    Well, I didn't actually mean "Me" - I meant "Bleach" (Anime)- I can't think of any other context an average person would learn or use the word "Bankai" - except in a Japanese context. It's a cool word.

Alot of these girls "bounce back" - Mio & Meru had a minor 'chubby' face period awhile ago - I knew they'd pull out a swan image in the end. If you think the ribbing girls in Japan get? Try KPOP - the leader of TWICE is like 20-21? and she has a very "Round face" so in certain angles she looks 'puffy' (even though she tone as hell)- even interviewers mention it - "Oh, I see you've lost weight since the last single, very nice". Some girls before new single promotions get fat sucked out of their thighs or stomachs (Paid for by the Agency) & fans blow up the pics & point out the scars or holes.

I'd rather a girl look "Healthy" than rail-thin Anorexic- I remember Oba Mina got goofed on by Milky for having a chubby face. Oba acted all hyper & sexy saying she was Milky...then Milky grabbed a stuffed animal of a chipmunk w/ huge cheeks & said "I'm Oba Mina des" and Oba looked like she got hit by a bus - lol. I have a Gif of it I think. I have the clip somewhere - it was on an SKE show but Milky uses the Chipmunk alot in comedy
    https://giphy.com/gifs/3ohze09AdMXj5U1bfq/html5

8. Nieru

Nieru Kenkyuusei

9. Slacker13

Slacker13 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    The ACTUAL clip is from a SKE show (why would Mina Oba be on "Geinin"?) - I have it somewhere. It was even translated & made into several Subbed Panels on Tumblr (in like 2014?). I used the Milky Gif to show the Stuffed Animal she used.

It was this show I think- Back when Milky had a Temp Kennin w/ SKE48 (way back when people Subbed stuff- LOL)
    https://media.giphy.com/media/3og0IDWn8nEGEGUYE0/giphy.gif

It was an SKE show where some lady hosted & they discussed stuff? I only saw a few eps

10. Kiri

Kiri Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    岡田奈々 / 손채영
    Milky was a ske Kennin, but you can clearly see Shuu, Fuuko and Sayanee behind her. It's crossover episode with ebisho.

Just to share my suffering, the shipment with my copies of NnM got delayed, don't have a date yet:asdfgh:

11. ET920

ET920 Member

"Our" (occidental) concept of "healthy" differs from the Japanese one. Back when Naru was this "unhealthy" thin, did she miss handshake events, concerts or stages because of poor health? Did she pass away while dancing, or had to get IV drips during a break? Some girls are naturally thin and perfectly healthy. I've seen some Megu's pics where her legs look awfully thin, but nobody claims she's unhealthy and should eat more. While some girls indeed want to lose weight and become thinner, some others are just naturally thin. Naru belongs to this last category. Of course, just like Meru and many others puberty will make them gain weight. But whether that's good or not, it's debatable. You might think she looks healthier now, but they might get tired faster, sweat more and in general feel less comfortable than before.

I've seen lately lots of people complaining to some models that they are being a bad example for young girls because they are extremely thin, when their metabolism is just like that. I'm not talking about girls who want to become thinner because of external pressure, but girls who are just naturally thin. Forcing them to put on weight is just as bad as forcing plump girls to become thin.

Teru teru bozu? They worked great for Yuko's first graduation concert :awesome:

One thing that surpised me was that back in a previous Election, when the place was announced they already had the rain forecast for the area, like 4 months in advance. This year too, when Okinawa was announced everyone mentioned it was going to rain because of rainy season. This article back in March already questioned why Okinawa during the rainy season. The interesting bit there is that, in case of lightning storm they'll hold the election somewhere else under closed doors. I can't remember that being mentioned ever before.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
  12. OshimaYuko

OshimaYuko Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
    It's ACTUALLY NMB Geinin 3 - Episode 10 :)

NMBGeinin.png

13. sakurazaki

sakurazaki Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    ec_delacroix
    You mean pass out? lol
    ---
    It'd be very very inconvenient if they postpone the election, right? Unlike a grad con, postponing an election can delay a single release, the single's promotion, etc

14. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    It's better to have rain than to have storm.. The show must go on, except if it's stormy

15. ET920

ET920 Member

LOL, fortunately she didn't pass away. And no, I guess they can't even suspend the concert before the elections due TV rights.

16. VincentS

VincentS Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shitaomiu
    They did the 14 senkyo during rain, so why not this time?

Yuko's grad con got cancelled because of flying mechanics they wanted to implement. Can't risk malfunction with people 10meters up in the air.
    So far senkyo concerts have been pretty basic so everything should be fine.

17. ET920

ET920 Member

The problem aren't the girls, they are well protected from rain once the election begins. The problem is the audience, since they are queueing from 11 or 12AM and must stay uncovered until after 21:00. That's why they went to a dome for the following senkyo.

18. eibun2012

eibun2012 Kenkyuusei

she missed just one date
    http://ameblo.jp/akihabara48/entry-12169938455.html
    http://ameblo.jp/akihabara48/entry-12189679566.html
    there is other case when team 8 did Nagoya dome event, but can't find any note on it.

also
    http://akb48taimuzu.livedoor.biz/archives/48726185.html

19. Slacker13

Slacker13 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    YES....I am Aware the GIF is from "Geinin" - the Story (The Narrative Meat) I was telling about Milky vs Oba was something else entirely. I know this. I was hoping someone would a link or pics to my story. The Milky chipmunk Gif is just Milky being funny (I used it to jog peoples memory). YES...it was "Ebisho". the girls were doing Improv comedy & taking turns & Oba goofed on Milky & Milky goofed back - it was funny.

I miss the old days on Stage48 where you say "Idol X made a joke about Idol Y" and BOOM people had links, translations, Tumblr news... what happened to the fandom.

20. af8!

af8! Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuuka
    All I know is that in that episode of Geinin 3, Oba joked on Milky for having chubby cheeks with the white mask, so Milky fired back with the otter/whatever animal that is stuffed toy and asked her about being chubby or something. I probably messed the details a bit, but I remember Mina being super pissed about Milky's joke even though she made fun of Milky first. (Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on anything. But I do know that the scene is from Geinin because I didn't watch Ebishow lol, unless they did it a separate time)