Event / Concert AKB48 49th Single Senbatsu Sousenkyo (17/06/17)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Mar 20, 2017.

1. AnToNa

AnToNa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    Also, I enjoyed the environment with just the girls more than I expected. NGT and HKT members screaming their lung out always makes me laugh, they scream like they witness some kind of murder or the building is on fire (literally) :^^;:

2. Kallen Kozuki

Kallen Kozuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Mayu announcing her graduation from AKB48. My second worst fear has happened. My first is obviously Mayu getting married. Love Yuki too but IMO think this is officially the end of AKB48. Silver lining at least I focus now on my favorite Korean girl group Twice.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2017
  3. ET920

ET920 Member

I could name five or six worse things that could happen to Mayu, better not to "rank" the worst things that could happen to a girl :awesome:
    And this girl looks too old for me :awesome: Maybe even too old to even join SDN48 :awesome:

4. Voightkampff

Voightkampff Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Twitter:
    ParuruArmy
    Why are people in here pushing Korean groups? Don't get it.

5. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    Wow. This SSK got the most ups and downs for me. The ups are Akarin ranking in Senbatsu despite her lackluster results over the past year, Sally almost breaking Kami7, MiruNao ranking in Senbatsu, proving they really are their respective groups' future, Miku & Yuuri in UG, and ofc, NGT's amazing result. The downs are Katomina not being one of those NGTs with tremendous results, Rie still ranking in Senbatsu, Miichan & Rika not in Upcoming girls, Natsu losing to Madoka yet again, etc. and ofc, Mayuyu graduating before Yukirin.

Damn, this year was wild and full of drama lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  6. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

Or maybe this is a 46/48g forum and we don't care about the Korean flavor of the month group.

I mean how many "akb-killers" have we had?? First snsd, then 4minute, then t-ara, then aoa, now it's twice.

Guess what, they will never be as big in Japan as akb...

• Like Like x 1
  7. MidoriHime

MidoriHime Member

Sakura was 6th last year. This year she was 4th. The girl's in 4th and 5th spots dropped out, hence a rank up. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but she gained 2k votes. It was not due to vote count that she rose. Let's be real. She got a good spot and should be proud, and her fans should celebrate it, but she didn't get 4th due to her fans efforts alone. Her vote count is still nowhere near last years 4th and 5th places and you can assume those girls would have got an extra 1 or 2k (even if they dropped 5k each, Sakura still couldn't have beaten them).

You can not say that about every member (and I'm not sure where you're both getting that understanding from?). Sasshi trumped Yuko after rising through the ranks, not doubt to a few grads but mostly due to fanpower as the opt out system is only recent. OgiYuka smashed everyone. There was the girl who went from 77 to senbatsu. They did not rank by drop outs. Not every girl who ranks up (or ranks at all) is because of drop outs. Look at NGT. If one drop out = one place, they'd all be at the bottom.

Jurina's rank has gone up and down as she's had to fight Takamina, Sayanee, Yukirin etc over the years - her current spot (held this year and last year), is because of drop outs. To correct myself, this hasn't effected Yuihan as much - there were five girls in front of her that didn't rank yet she only went up four spots. Kitarie should have ranked much higher if it was one drop out = one rank up. For Sakura's case, it is correct.

Some girls will increase their rank purely by others not participating or graduations. Or lack of fans able/willing to spend money on other girls. That's a fact. There's no point patting yourself on the back for something that was bound to happen, but if you wanna be bitter about me saying the truth, go for it.

And good for Sayaka not being classed as AKB. But the fact is there are still many girls tied to their groups - I don't doubt some of it is agency choice ("please introduce her as a former AKB member") and some is the girls choice (usually you see it on twitter bios).

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  8. SayakaFan

SayakaFan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    First reactions to this year's SSK:

1. Jurina: Obviously I'm thrilled that she kept her spot from last year. I would have loved for her to surpass Mayuyu in rank, and I can understand why she'd be frustrated she wasn't able to, but it wasn't in the cards I guess. I hope she finds some way to gain more voting fans in the future, because while I can't remember how many votes she got last year I don't think she got many more this year. I love seeing her as center obviously, but I think maybe she should think about give up her constant SKE center spot and try to find other activities to break her out of any stagnation she might be in. That's not to say I don't want her as SKE's center ever again just maybe let others do it too.

2. Sakura: Obviously she's gaining on Jurina which is great for her (though not so much for me as a Jurina oshi), but after this year I think she might also have to watch out for Ogiyuka. If I remember right there was less than a 10,000 vote difference between the two. If Yuka manages to hang on to all these votes and gain more next year who knows what might happen?

Riripon: Well that was quite an announcement. Like someone said, I think you can interpret Yuko's reaction multiple ways. I'm choosing to interpret it as shock, which is pretty much what I'm feeling right now. If she wants to get married then I fully support her, but I highly doubt management will let her stay in the group much longer which is sad.

Naachan, Masana, & Lala: Very pleased with the ranks these three got, and did I read somewhere in this thread about Naachan being the next GM?

Homma Hinata: I have to be honest, she came out of nowhere for me. Major congratulations to her for her ranking! I guess I'll have to start paying more attention to her huh?

The top two: Sasshi winning again wasn't all that surprising. I'd hoped that even if Mayuyu didn't win she could at least close the gap and challenge her a bit, but ah well. Still happy for both of them regardless, and the look on Sasshi's face when she realized she won again was great. So was the Sashi/Mayuyu moment. I do feel bad for Mayuyu though, her grad announcement will undoubtedly be overshadowed by Riripon's announcement.

9. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

@MidoriHime I think you got the quotes wrong, cause I never said that. :^^;:

10. Slacker13

Slacker13 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    You Want "Original" AKB Flavor? What about Geesh? She's the last 1st Gen left. You thought Mayu looked "Tired"? Mayu would be hysterical in a movie about Idol's in a "Lethal Weapon" style vine. I can just seeing Mayu saying "I'm too old for this SH**!" Paruru could be the Police Commissioner banging her fist on the desk. "Dam It MAYU!, I want results in the field!" - The Fresh Lemon cracks her knuckles & headbutts a guy twice her size - lol.

In fact did you see that 6 episode TV show "Sabudol"? Where Mayu starred as a late 40's Teacher who secretly had the Identity of Mayu Watanabe? As an actress she was oddly convincing as an "Older woman". As soon as she lost the Twin-Tails I became less enchanted by her.

How awkward would it be if Mayu, Yukurin, & Sasshi ALL Graduate BEFORE Geesh....like what if Mako or KomiHaru leave before Geesh? Miki did. TEAM 4 is gone Minegishi - you can leave now.

11. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

What are you even doing here, promoting Twice and why Tzuyu lol. Wouldn't Jpop fans be naturally attracted to Sana, Momo, or Mina? Also, at least make it somewhat related by posting about their Japan debut or something :lol:

12. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

Ok rest of my thoughts:

• The Casualties: Komi's drop was unexpected, truly. I thought her fanbase was growing. Maybe they all felt confident or maybe she just doesn't have the support I thought she did. Maybe she turned too many people off with her threats last year. Either way, I expected her to make UG center or even senbatsu and that obviously didn't happen. Mio was also a surprise. I thought she'd be a senbatsu lock at this point. Mako's drop might have hurt the most though; Naachan is doing so well, after all, and Mako is the only other 14th gen left. I'd thought she was popular enough to break into senbatsu, but maybe her scandal hurt her a bit.
    • Naachan: I'm disappointed that she didn't make 7th, but I didn't vote this year so I can't complain. Still, the rank she got is an improvement, and I hope it only keeps improving from here. She should be able to garner some more fans once STU's activities kick off, I just hope she will be able to balance both STU and AKB considering the immense workload she's going to have. Her speech was extremely classy, a far cry from the more bitter and visceral one Juri gave just before. If we are to have a successor to the Soukantoku position, I hope it will be Naachan.
    • NGT: I still think the rise of NGT is fishy. So many girls ranked well, jumping over many senpai members who should by all odds have more fan support. If this result can be repeated next year I'll eat my words, though. Ogiyuka's rise in particular is a true Cinderella story. I do really like the narrative of her journey and I'm glad she managed to rank 5th, as I've always been rooting for her. I just hope it's actually legitimate; if it wasn't and that fact ever came out, the fall would be devastating. Regardless, the result NGT got must be bolstering the spirits of fans who live in the Niigata area. They must be very proud of their homegrown girls. That hometown pride showing up is one of the things I like most about the AKB group.
    • The Top Three: I thought Mayu was gonna win. But I understand that Sasshi is unbeatable right now. The difference in votes between her and Mayu was ridiculous. I am not surprised that Mayu is graduating. I am surprised that Mayu is graduating before Yukirin. Jurina...she's been trying very hard every year and never gets the result she wants. She must recognize too that winning just because everyone above you is out of your way is no true victory at all. I honestly wish she would just graduate and stop embarrassing herself with this personal election narrative she's trying to build. It's all well and good if she wanted to represent SKE, but to me, this looks like it has always been and always will be about Jurina herself. Anyway, congrats to Sasshi on her final election victory. May she stay true to her word and refuse to join the next one.
    • Riripon: Announcing marriage at the election... it wasn't right, but it wasn't wrong, either. This falls into a very grey area purely due to the circumstances she was working with. This is the way I see it: many girls are hiding relationships - we see it all the time with scandals, to the point where it should never be assumed that any girl isn't secretly in one - so even if she was hiding it, it's not like she was alone in that respect. That's why she simply accepted the votes and maybe planned on graduating sometime in the near future after the election single was out. But she must have recently gotten wind of Bunshun's plan to reveal her relationship - though perhaps she didn't know the extent of the dirt they had on her - so she decided to come 100% clean with her fans before Bunshun could publish their own version of events. This is a very tough circumstance to be in and you have to wonder what you'd do if you were in the same situation. In my opinion, Riripon took the high road, the best course of action possible. It would leave her vulnerable, her career in tatters, and her fans hurt and confused, but at least she was honest at the end, even in such a difficult place to make that kind of announcement. Her fans are likely of two minds: one, supportive of her life decisions and relationship, or two, angry they spent money on an idol who has undermined and ended her own career with her actions. It's unfortunate, but I think she was stuck between a rock and a hard place and did the best she could. It's a bad look for AKB, regardless. It's on par with Miichan's scandal fallout. AKB managed to recover from that, though with a bit more tarnish. We'll see in the coming months how it weathers Riripon's marriage announcement.

That's about all I have to say about the shockers we got yesterday. It was a fun event to watch and I'm glad everyone showed up in chat to watch it together :) Can't wait to see what the SSK single will be like, with such a cool mixed senbatsu.

• Like Like x 2
  13. ET920

ET920 Member

I took it as if it were a commercial break :awesome:

I can understand you want Rie and Miichan down, I would prefer them not appearing at all. But you mention you are happy that NGT got a great performance, yet you want two of them to rank all the way down to Upcoming girls?

What about Team 8 rise?

I wonder how did you expect Mayuyu to get 80k or 90k extra votes this year to beat Sasshi ;)

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
  14. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

a break from the showroom waffling.

Did any team eighto's get into the kami7?

15. Centurybomber

Centurybomber Kenkyuusei

I don't find it amusing that you keep doing those faces in your posts....

16. Kallen Kozuki

Kallen Kozuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Been told to stay on topic so I won't comment anymore. You're right about Sana, Momo and Mina. Sana personally is my bias. I thought my first comment was technically related because of Mayu's graduation the AKB48 we used to know I feel has now ended. Twice only came to mind because I was thinking about their Japanese debut and their rising popularity and what that might mean for AKB48 moving forward losing it's most popular members right now.

17. Slacker13

Slacker13 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    Really? Tell me more.
    I hear that 3 of them are Japanese and they're Touring Japan & have the #1 song in Japan... is that the TWICE you mean? I don't want to get my "SIGNAL"'s crossed & make you all "T T" so "Cheer Up" maybe AKB48 will make you "Ohh-Ahh" someday. LOL. Even the B-Sides are fun. I Love "Jelly Jelly" & "Woo-Hoo".
    *Mods - I had NOTHING to do w/ this person posting that. * Just commenting here.

If anyone is curious Nayeon is actually kinda the 'Paruru' of TWICE. She's like a Korean hybrid of Paruru & KojiHaru & Kasai Tomomi. Like an Angel/Devil mix who has some "Ice Princess" & Pampered General qualities. While Japanese have "Kawaii" (and Moe) strengths - w/ Koreans it's "Aegyo" (Google it). She can use hers like Weapons - her own members even say it.

You couldn't mention Sana, Momo, or Mina (the Japanese members!!) like in my Avatar- lol

**EDIT** - I made my comment before Kallen got taken to the Woodshed - sorry.

18. 10Ten

10Ten Kenkyuusei

So this SSK was a crazy mess in all ways...kinda legendary. No audience, weird fake claps, awkward silences not to mention huge shocks. Almost everyone lost votes or got few increase (apart from ngt). Unpredicted falls a la Komi, Mio and Nako. Nice surprises in the case of Akarin, Sally and bunch of others. Sad revelation with Mayu grad, passionless win from Sasshi despite me supporting her. But Riripon stole the show. We all thought it was trolling but it's real. It brought levity and seriousness to the SSK simultaneously somehow. And yet I respect her for being forthcoming about it. A legendary SSK moment. It's sad she'll go and lose fans since she was really a rising, smart star in NMB, but she's married!! (Congrats). Also let's remember that Juri Shade and Naachan's classy rebuttal. I've sobered up from the night -- it messed me up a lot. Now the future of AKB is up in the air for next generation to grab. Let's hope they do well. Mion took a hit reminiscent of Dasu two years back: let's hope she can recover as well. And finally lets not forget Rank 0 to our BNK rep Izurina and Rank -1 to my girl Shimada Haruka lol.

19. MidoriHime

MidoriHime Member

Weird, I used the quotes feature? Maybe it glitched? Fixed now tho! Thanks for the heads up :D

20. Spoony Rice

Spoony Rice Member

Oshimen:
    込山榛香
    Twitter:
    Spoony_Rice
    Personally I really enjoyed this SSK due to how crazy it was, sad that many of my favorites dropped in rank (Mainly Komi) but now I''m excited to see how the 49th single will sound now with all the new senbatsu members