1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single Keyakizaka46 5th [Kaze ni Fukaretemo] (2017/10/25)

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Sep 15, 2017.

1. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Acchan was w-centre as much as she was solo centre. Going by management chosen songs only she was w-centre more.
    Incidentally both Jurina and Sayanee solo'd more than they doubled. T
    But it's not them I was comparing her to it was Techi.

Techi has no experience of anything but solo centre, with plenty of solos and small units, and all the other popular members have been shafted to make extra spotlight room.
    Acchan didn't get that level. I double checked before posting. You can argue but it just means you have a bad memory.

2. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I'm expecting two groups of 20/21 members, with the new Hiraganas in Hiragana and Neru probably still as kennin -- until next spring, when I'm wondering if she will want to go to college, and if she has something set up.

As for Hiraganas in the senbatsu, I think not, but we have definitely been seeing more photos of Saitou Kyouko with Kanji members, particularly Mona, Fuu-chan and Mon. And Kyouko is one of the two best singers in all of Keyakizaka (depending on how a couple of the new Hiraganas end up sounding).

What do I prefer? As a Hiragana fan, I want them to gain prominence, but I'm a fan of the Kanjis, too, and think Habu, Nijika and even Ozeki would do a great job in front. I'm hoping for a double release Kanji-Hiragana, but the "senbatsu" promo didn't show anything like that, and anyway I expect at least this single to be on the old model, with only the change of bringing Hiragana up to be essentially the same size as Kanji. The new Hiraganas need time to integrate and get good enough to add something, and I will only really hope for a double A-side with the next single. As for mixing the two, I'd be happy if Hiragana becomes successful enough for that not to be a temptation.

I'm basically on the other side of this argument, but these are all good points I will keep thinking about. However I noticed when I was just watching KeyaKake that Techi sitting darkly in the back row was intense, magnetic. Not just another idol, but someone with star quality. But you may be right that the group's popularity could continue, with the right centre and the right song. But maybe this is already something different from a normal idol group, and the same patterns don't apply.

I guess there is something special about a centre: not just singing and dancing technique, but something more in terms of personality, or in Techi's case, intensity. And maybe when Takahiro saw her willingness to give her all, and her basic physical ability, he thought she was a young person he could work with and train up. Seems like he has done pretty well so far. Except to the extent that his intense choreography may have contributed to her problems.

I believe Berika said she wanted to stay until she was 30...or beyond. Lol...but maybe not lol.

3. VincentS

VincentS Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shitaomiu
    Sugai has the financial backing to be an idol as long as she pleases. Berika with all the trouble she had with jobhunting I doubt she will turn to something new before 2020.

To the center/push question.
    As long as the songs are good idgaf. If it's Techi, good. If it's someone else, that's good too.
    With a static number of people in senbatsu it's almost irrelevant what the position is.
    Non Idol opportunities are sanctioned by management and they can give jobs to anyone regardless where they stand.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
  4. namine

namine Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    Let's see is Yuuka wish come true [hehe]

if the video does not show watch the video here

5. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

There is not a single person out there who only counts a solo-center as a center. Acchan was wCenter a lot, which is actually a great way for the group to do it. They can promote another member as center, but still not push their ace to the side. Keyaki is different because of the style of music. Its the only group out of all the 46/48g to have this much of a distinct style, and that style is 100% based on their center. Change the center and the style basically has to change to. And while the group is so young, thats a bad idea.

• Like Like x 1
  6. kanjo

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    You started of *very* absolute. I distinguish between them and I'm sure there's a minority somewhere which don't count double centres at all.
    I wasn't trying to make this about whether or not Acchan centred a lot of songs. In the context of people relating Hirate's position to Acchan's, I pointed out that even Acchan shared more than she soloed.
    I disagree that they only had one style of music, they did very well with other styles too.
    Not diversifying and pushing a single member over a full group would be detrimental for the group in the long run.

7. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    I'm sorry to say, but as much as you and i like to think that Keyaki are "not like the other idol groups" it's still the same idol formula that has been around for years. Techi can graduate, and the group will lose some fans and a bit of momentum, but they will continue on. The difference in the extent of that loss lies in how prepared the other members are to take her place within the group, because someone has to. Which is why I mentioned Nogi. Maiyan's not there? Nanase can center. She's gone too? Asuka and Miona can center. Ikoma and Erika too. 3rd gen aces Momoko, Yoda, Mizuki etc, heck even Manatsu and any other Fukujin member could take the role if all other options are gone. Keyaki already has members like that with the potential to do well, and they can as long as management allows themselves to stop putting all their cards on Techi.

The main goal for any 48/46 group is to not end up like AKB did when Acchan graduated. Which is why SKE and NMB are stressing so much about making their newbies more recognized because Jurina and Sayanee will be gone soon. HKT did it right. Nogi are doing it right.

I'm not saying that Techi should be moved into the middle of the back row because that's simply unrealistic, given how strong her aura is. To have her co-center, or even be in the middle of a W center (like sayanee did in NMB's previous single), would allow her to not only keep her position within the group but also relieve the burden of being the sole center and face of the group. We have seen many times these last few months that techi can have her off days where she doesn't perform well or at all, and we can see how having members like Mona and Neru beside her helps her.

Also, what's with this "no one else can pull off this style keyaki has" talk? all A-sides they have put out have been different themes. Yes, i can't see anyone else being the center for Saimajo, but i can definitely see Sugai and Neru center Sekai ni, Zuumin and Pon centering Futari S, and Mona and Risa centering Fukyouwoan.

All of this aside, i would love to see another Techi center lmao, as long as I know that she is happy with being center and that she can take the burden once more. If that's not the case, i would rather see someone else center, even if it makes keyaki go to shit lool

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Ally_

Ally_ Future Girls

Oshimen:
    sugaiyuuka
    ^ Amen

9. kenzabo

kenzabo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka
    i agree with minaeshi LOL,why you guys want immovable center like Acchan,it will hurt Keyaki in the long run
    well said,how the heck you guys know that when the staff don't give them a chance like Tenchi ;)
    i want Tenchi go to the second row and active in variety,not scared for shining out other member :hehe: , but knowing the staff i can see that Tenchi will center again.
    Hopefully the next single,we will have different center.
    While dark,rebellious song is good,it's getting boring. Please give us a song like Futari Season or Sekai Ai (don't know why people don't like Sekai Ai) or even like Kimi ga inai.

10. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Yeah, but you only compared A-sides?
    She also centered most B-sides from Oogoe onwards, album songs and units (Team Dragon, Team Surprise) not to say all the A stages after the 2nd.

Anyway, the groups are different and in different history points.
    AKB was labelled back then as a close-knit group and there were no solo songs in the singles (Acchan released two singles during her AKB career tho).
    Solo songs are basically for graduating girls (if anything), unlike in 46.

I also checked before writing, but I rememer too.
    The media presence of AKB back in the day was huge, and the figure that stood out was always Acchan.

11. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

The main goal is to sell the largest number of CDs, in both the short and long terms, I think. They have to get to a certain level with Techi at centre before they can maintain that momentum. They may be there now. They may not be. Management has to figure out how important Techi is to sales. I think she is very important to new, younger fans, and represents a way of thinking they admire.

I agree that Keyaki are definitely idols (whatever else they are), but the formula is not entirely the same. The audience is younger-- although whether it's younger than those audiences were after 1.5 years, I don't know. The style is un-idolish, in many songs -- although you make a good point about a couple of their A-sides not needing Techi's darkness. But maybe they did need her intensity, to be hits. In publicity and TV coverage, is Techi featured more prominently than other top centres have been? K46 is trying to expand the range of its fandom beyond current idol fans, so although handshake sales are key, they are not everything, and the standard star system may come into play.

I am not familiar enough with AKB, but Ikoma was never the star that Techi is, I don't believe. The difference among the candidates for centre was not as great as it is here. I am mainly looking at where the best entertainment for me would come from, and it comes with Techi doing her thing -- if she is in a state to do it. Management has to make careful judgments in a difficult balancing act among immediate sales, long-term stability, and Techi's health and state of mind (neither of which I really understand).

I'm getting a feeling that Pon may be involved in the new centre formation, either solo or with others (including Techi). To me, she seems more confident than she used to. Maybe it's from knowing she is up front. A long-legged trio of Pon with Techi and Shii-chan dancing to either side of her? Habu, Nijika, Ozeki and X outside of that?

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
  12. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    I hope this new single will be a bright and inspiring song. Please, no more gloomy song like last two singles. Just simple song or even teenager cheesy love would be great.

13. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Ikoma has been a good center. You'll alwyas find "fans" whom resent her still, but no one can say she didn't gave everything to promote Nogi in those first years. She was the kind of person who take everyone on her shoulders and lead the way.

Techi is not that. Techi will never be like that, probably.

But she has that "thing" Ikoma - nor Nanase, or Mai even - have. She has that presence that requires and pretend attention. She may lack the skills others have, like Zuumin or Suzumon, but no one is the kind of cathalyst she is naturally. My art professor said she's born to be on a stage, and I agree. There're are people like that around, but they can't be alone on that stage all the time.
    I don't think Keyaki "style" would suffer from her absence from the center position. Nogi kept their polished image no matter who centered the singles, and Keyaki will keep it's own identity with or without Techi.

It will lose a bit of charisma probably, and a bit of PR-impact, but they'll survive. I have the feeling right now only Shida is really a good enough substitute in terms of charisma, but she is different from Techi and she has this indipendent and at the same time playfull image that make her less... intense, less attention-stealing. Which doesn't mean Shida, like everyone else, couldn't give the position something completely different and absolutely valid. (I'm still hoping in a three-people-center but, wathever...)

What worries me more are the things we don't see or even perceive, but, hopefully, the group willl find a sort of equilibrium in which grown.

• Like Like x 1
  14. kanjo

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Correction, she didn't centre mot B-sides, she centred a B-side on most (possibly all) singles in that period.
    Techi actually centred most B-sides, centring about 4 songs (including the A-side) per single.
    The only experience she has behind someone is Noriokureta Bus.

Yeah, Acchan was still huge, but even she shared the spotlight from time to time.
    Despite that she still got incredible hate.
    Techi seems to be fine so far but I think it's coming close to a breaking point.

15. Mikuriin

Mikuriin Future Girls

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I couldn't agree more [hehe]
    I don't mind Techi center again. Even Ikoma got to center Nogi's 5 first singles. But I also don't mind anyone else.

16. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    Kimi ga Inai is my favorite K46 song, so i would love a song like that as an aside.

17. blackrabbitt

blackrabbitt Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shirashimai
    is it just me or there's still no handshake application started on fortunemusic? 0.0

18. kanjo

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Nothing yet. It is pretty late. The single was announced so suddenly.

19. AdrianEHS

AdrianEHS Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nagasawananako
    Also waiting for the fortune music application, wanted to plan my trip for February event.

The 1st album only have 3 periods of application before release date, so probably this single will have the same application period.
    So application period probably start next week or first week of October

20. radiohifi

radiohifi Member

Wild guess, it is going to be a hiragana single. The way the management have been pushing them lately would kind of make sense.