[GENERAL] The Sakurazaka46 / Keyakizaka46 Thread

Discussion in 'General Sakurazaka46 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Ekky

Ekky Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    imaizumiyui
    Sorry for asking this out of nowhere... but I just found out that each member have their own fan name(?)
    I only know about mikabemikan, any other? a list of names will be wonderful :)

2. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    I think it's more known among Japanese fans / fandom the ones i know is (as in members mentioned it)

Naako's Research Club (You can officially join by attending handshake event and write your name in a notebook Naako has prepared in front of her booth)

Yonesanzu
    (Yone's)

Mikkabimikanzu (Oda's)

3. chrissirhc

chrissirhc Member

Oshimen:
    yamaguchimaho
    i might be in the minority with this, but as long as the current line up exists, i hope management doesn't break up kanji for any releases. Their chemistry is just too good to waste on the gimmicks needed with some of the other 48\46 groups

4. Navicon46

Navicon46 Kenkyuusei

What Idol group do you think is Keyakizaka46's biggest rival?

5. SilentBreeze

SilentBreeze Member

its just my thought..

i guess it was their sister

BUT they never really show to us that "Rival" concept between them, because at least you need someone that almost looks like you to become your rival, or at least you have "SAME THING" even its just one..

IMHO
    they are just like 2 person that know each other but walk in different path, different world

6. jan ken pon

jan ken pon Kenkyuusei

I don't know too much about the 48 groups, but my impression in that the bar they're trying to reach now is the one set by Nogi. While Nogi of course is still inching towards AKB themselves.

7. Vanquire

Vanquire Kenkyuusei

both nogi and keya they really walk on different path. eventhough they are sister group, its really rare to see them at the same stage or variety show. if im not wrong they just did variety together only at last year koujichu christmass

8. SaitoWinterStar

SaitoWinterStar Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    I hope they do some Keya/Nogi event again this December. Dreaming for my Fuuchan/Manatsu collab...

9. PetalidiStelle

PetalidiStelle Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Twitter:
    petalidistellee
    To me Keya and Nogi aren't rivals but they aren't really "friends" either so collabs always seem a bit off. They're sisters lol they go well with each other but follow different paths.
    I still see Sakamichi Series as a rival to 48G, despite all that's happened and even though the money goes to the same pocket. I sometimes wonder what kind of group would AKB turn out to be if it didn't part ways with Sony at the beginning.

10. Navicon46

Navicon46 Kenkyuusei

I don't think Nogi/Keyaki are rivals at all.

I've always thought of Keyaki's rivals as other idol groups that started around the same time as them. Tsubaki Factory, Angerme reboot, NGT48 (lol). When groups form around the same time its easy to compare them and see how fast they're rising, comparatively speaking, as opposed to a group that's already established.

But I think Keyaki's biggest rivals are probably Kpop group Twice. Twice is huge in Japan, with sales of One More Time and #TWICE both being between 225,000 and 250,000 physical sales beating out every non-46/48 girl group (and still beating NMB and NGT) for yearly sales. Which is impressive considering Twice doesn't do the Type-A,B,C,D limited editions that Sakamichi/48G does that encourage people to buy multiple copies of the same release. They also have 3 Japanese members and a kawaii image that appeals to a mainstream Japanese audience as well as to wota. I've heard they're getting really popular among middle/high school age kids which is probably Keyaki's most important audience. Not to mention they're already much more popular among foreign audiences. That's why I think they're the group that Keyaki needs to strive to beat most. Its good to have a rival to make you push yourself harder.

11. Siniy

Siniy Member

Twitter:
    _LeCielVAN
    Same here...

12. chrissirhc

chrissirhc Member

Oshimen:
    yamaguchimaho
    their recent japanese single had them
    i think what these two groups are trying to do is so radically different they can't really be considered rivals

13. jinxedbomb

jinxedbomb Kenkyuusei

Yeah, I feel that spliting them up for releases would make an uncomfortable atmosphere, and rivalry/competiton in the group. I'm leaning more towards future collaborations like NogizakaAKB and performances (Silent Majority/Dream Team).

IMO for Keya's rivals, this chemistry group appeal is an important factor if they (management or fans alike) want to compete with TWICE for sales and popularity for certain/young age demographics and keep fans on board for the long run. TWICE's merch is already starting to look like what 48/Nogizaka sells to the general public, calendars, (group) photobooks, type A/B/Group albums, random fan/jewerly with ____ idol's name on it, you name it. But hey, management probably won't gaf about Kpop rivalry.

TWICE has catchy songs that are trendy, girls that get some spotlight (compared to Keya, distribution is already super inequal), the image of "pretty" girls is their appeal to general public which makes it easier for them to get fans.

See through that pretty girl image and you'll realize that their discography is a complete mess aside from their first debut mini album, The Story Begins. "Likey Likey." A+ Lyrics. :rolleyes:
    However, they have three Japanese members and a Taiwanese member which makes them vulnerable to being used as political scapegoats (Tzuyu/Taiwan Flag controversy in early 2016).

Put Keya next to them and you'll find their appeals as their military-like image (outfits, unique choreography) and strong emphasis on lyrics + songs. They also have their own dramas, magazines and shows but fans have to keep up with it unlike TWICE who are practically promoted everywhere with their catchy/trendy songs (on the streets/shops).

Keya is the complete opposite of what TWICE puts out image-wise so it'll be interesting how they grow and battle it out on the charts via sales.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
  14. drazaar

drazaar Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    nagaomariya
    they have plenty of incentives. I was in japan during their japanese debut and ppl were lined up for hours with tons of tickets from buying copies just for a chance at the lotto to get signed goods lol

15. Hitagi

Hitagi Kenkyuusei

I only learned about Twice after some Keya, Egirls and Nogi members started spazzing about them.
    At first, I thought it's some Jpop group like Momoiro, then came the influx of 48 and 46g girls posting about them in their repective SNS.
    Which got me curious

I don't think their rivals though, because Keya, although being in the same "idol" class, have a completely different musical style.
    Aki-p's lyrics for Keya are deep, portraying themes of strength, independence, some times dark but concentrated on being "cool"
    which is of no surprise considering Akimoto has been in the j-idol business for almost 50 years.

Whereas Twice's composers are young millenials, with lyrics, though not as deep as Aki-p's, inclines more in favor of being "catchy", which is understandable considering their youth.
    Not to mention Twice members themselves contribute their own ideas to a release, like Hirai Momo's dance break in "Likey"was her own orginal choreography.

Imho, there's no sense of rivalry. Twice has been quoted once expressing their gratitude to "akb48-san" and "46-san" groups for helping them promote online. And most Japanese Twice fans are dual fans of both groups, after seeing them perform in MSte.

It's more of a mutual respect and admiration from both sides.

Also Keya like other 48 and 46g adopts the "Graduation and Recruitment" format where management could freely add/remove members.
    Whereas Twice is only a 9-member group of static membership.
    Keya will definitely outstay Twice.

16. qwen

qwen Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Umm, can anyone of you tell me where can I find Hiraishin mv making?

17. dedaydor

dedaydor Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ishimorinijika
    Yeah, I don't think Keyakizaka46 and TWICE are rivals as of now, IMO. Sure, they're competing for Japanese audience in terms of popularity and sales, but they're not rivals yet. For me, rivals are those who outduel each other neck and neck, lol. And besides, TWICE, and other KPop acts in general, strive to make a niche in East Asian markets for years, while JPop artists, for some reason, mostly cater to its own backyard. So to say that they're rivals would be seem far-fetched, unless the Keya management decides to promote the girls overseas then that would be a different story.

18. Jedrien

Jedrien Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    horimiona
  19. Endorsi

Endorsi Member

Oshimen:
    Endo Sakura
    Im a fan of both groups but never once did I consider them rivals.
    They're just too different.
    I say, 48/46 based groups and other mass-member idol groups are more closer to being a rival.

Music:
    K46 >> Teen angst, serious, dark, eccentric, punk rock, emo >> Cool theme
    Tw >> Typical idol themes, 90's pop music, hip-hop >> Cute theme

K46 >> choir-style singing because of having 21+ members
    TW >> solo line delivery

K46 >> Lyrics mostly done by the idol master, Akip
    TW >> Lyrics by Black Eyed Pilseung, but also open to international lyricist and composers (pro or amateur), Twice members can contribute.

Dance:
    K46 >> TAkahiro exclusive
    TW >> Open to international choreographers, Members can contribute original choroeography

Membership:
    K46 >> Japanese (Graduation style)
    TW >> Korean, Japan, Taiwanese (Fixed/Perma membership)

Target Market:
    K46 >> Domestic (Japan)
    Tw >> Global

I guess their only similarity is that like K46, nobody expected Twice to be this successful.
    Especially because half of the members are foreigners, and three are Japanese. (also considering the complicated political issues involving these three countries)
    Ironically, the Japan-line members are more popular in Korea than the locals.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Ekky

Ekky Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    imaizumiyui
    Me too! and the same goes with Hiragana, especially the first gen... But I guess mixing/splitting them for coupling song is okay, tv shows, well... I need more of both :lol: they have spent lot of times with their respective group, surely move them or put someone in is not that easy :)

About rivalry, South Korea is more expansive I guess, some of their group were actually more popular outside Korea. But I don't think any music group is a rival as they have their own color... unlike smartphones for example :^^;: where they really compete each other